Notices

Old 2015-04-08, 00:42   Link #1681
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Still, I feel Kancolle is more popular than Aogane? The anime turning into a space alien flick certainly didn't help the cause.

If fanswell was responsible for WoT x GuP, I really really hope that WoWs gets off with a massive 3 way collabo. After all, Aogane and Kancolle already worked together in the past, they can do it again.

My bad, I thought WoWs just used single ships as tiers, and could just fill the techtree with individual entries. I wish there was a way to append the name to the ship class, so that it appears as "Shiratsuyu-class Yuudachi" in the loading screen. You don't do that with tanks, but ships are in a more finite quantity and should be able to.

I don't think Yuudachi received any unique upgrades to make her qualify for premium ship incarnation, did she? Not like Kitakami, a torpedo cruiser with 8 friggin torp mounts...

(Although trying to use an autoloader on a slow moving vessel is rather difficult for me. It's like how I struggled with the T57hv when everyone else seems to print purple scores.)
Since we are drifting a bit into WoT, let me tell you that I am also partly responsible for bringing it into the WoT community.

The first version of THAT STUG was made by me- someone from EU added the flags later on and i still consider him the best person that ever worked with me.

The first group of Saunders Tanks? blame me for those too, as well as the idea of expanding the simple color scheme to other USA units as well.

also, carry harder scrub.

=============

In WoWs only the nameship of the class is considered, though the hulls are representative of the many ships of the Class and the remodels they went thru.

First example: Fubuki-class, T8 DD.

Stock Hull is basically when the class were first designed.

First hull upgrade is during the time most of the class sank.

Second Hull upgrade is basically the layout of the Ayanami and Akatsuki subclasses- esp in the numbers of AA guns. This may have been a planned upgrade on the Fubuki main class.

A Second more stark example: Kongou-class T5 BB.

The Hull? Hiei's (there's real differences between hiei and the other Kongous).

The Upgrades? Haruna's. Right down to her AA mounts and stuff.

Yuudachi was a simple Shiratsuyu when she went down.
Old 2015-04-08, 01:23   Link #1682
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Then SaintX, work your magic again.
Old 2015-04-08, 02:58   Link #1683
KBTKaiser

Yuudachi was basically a good trained YOLO crew getting all the jackpot RNG shots. The same thing happened to Ayanami on the night Kirishima slugged it out in close quarters with the US battleships.

Shigure you could say in game terms had enough situational awareness, especially the circumstances when Sendai sank.

BTW, SaintX, would you say that the Hatsuharu final remodels ended up being based off of Hatsushimo?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 06:40   Link #1684
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
BTW, SaintX, would you say that the Hatsuharu final remodels ended up being based off of Hatsushimo?
I have to patch the game first to double check, but there are significant differences between the first 3 and last 3 of the class as built- of the most major are the turret type (Type A to Type C/D) and the extra torpedo launcher- which was later removed when the first 3 of the class were rebuilt.

It's a huge possibility though.
Old 2015-04-08, 15:47   Link #1685
KBTKaiser

Actually, uh, the Hatsuharu class was split 2/2/2 from what I've read. Hatsuharu and Nenohi were A type and entering service just as Tomozuru hit. Wakaba and Hatsushimo were B type and fixed what they could since they were just laid down. Ariake and Yuugure were C type and took some tech cues from the Akatsuki class for structure and welding, I think.

Of the 6, only Hatsushimo survived all the way to the end, only to be double doomed by Yukikaze(Operation Ten-go gave Hatsushimo a better showing than Yukikaze, but then Hatsushimo supposedly hit a multi-touch mine that Yukikaze had armed in their next sortie)

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2015-04-08 at 16:12.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 10:52   Link #1686
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So you know how youtube displays thumbnails of recommended videos after your current video ends playing? I saw this just now, and... see for yourself:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 20:16   Link #1687
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Raven as a ship?
Old 2015-04-13, 20:24   Link #1688
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Raiden, sir. Which is how Kongou refer to both Inazuma and Ikazuchi. Weird that this have not caught on the japanese fanartists. You'd think they'd have a field day with it.
Old 2015-04-14, 05:03   Link #1689
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Raiden, sir. Which is how Kongou refer to both Inazuma and Ikazuchi. Weird that this have not caught on the japanese fanartists. You'd think they'd have a field day with it.
Well, someone did at least:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 05:19   Link #1690
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am more thinking of something like Raiden befriending Raiden iykwim.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 12:32   Link #1691
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are so many Raiden that it takes time to get to them all.
Old 2015-04-14, 21:40   Link #1692
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What google dragged in.
Old 2015-04-14, 21:44   Link #1693
cloud04
Scanlator

2 dd=1 ca lol
Old 2015-04-15, 01:57   Link #1694
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that would be American light AA cruiser numbers of 127mm guns and Japanese heavy cruiser numbers of torpedoes. Certainly better equipped than Ooi and Kitakami in the gun department and 18 torpedo tube.
Old 2015-04-15, 02:00   Link #1695
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I swear Kitakami had 40 tubes at one insane point. AMX 50 100 tier burst.
Old 2015-04-15, 02:16   Link #1696
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kitakami did have 40 tubes, 20 per side in late 1941 and into 1942. They removed some later for other things. Troop transport in late 1942, they removed 16 tubes leaving her with 24 (12 per side) I think she ended the war with no tubes but a lot of AA guns.

I'd thought Ooi only had been fitted with 32 tube instead of the full 40, but that might be some old data.

The think is they originally had seven 14cm guns as light cruisers, these seem to be replaced with four 15cm guns when they added the 10 quad torpedo tube turrets (61cm long lance) This was suppose to be the special "night battle" force. "Raiden" outclasses that easily with six twin 127mm turrets even with only six triple 61cm torpedo tube turrets.
Old 2015-04-26, 00:35   Link #1697
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
http://enq-maker.com/result/b4v86Cx (lol I wonder what the choices in the poll says?)

It's like it would be hilarious if it was translated.
Old 2015-05-01, 05:26   Link #1698
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With two Italian battleships added, the question on my mind is, were is their sister ship Vittorio Veneto?
Old 2015-05-01, 05:30   Link #1699
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
With two Italian battleships added, the question on my mind is, were is their sister ship Vittorio Veneto?
Waiting for the Summer carnival, perhaps?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 10:48   Link #1700
yulinard

Jingles just made a review on Gremlinski. He told us that all 30 of them are made in Italy before transfered to USSR, half sunk in Black sea, The Baltic fleet fare better since the area is heavily mined by the Germans that nobody, including Germans want to do naval battle there. 2 of them still exist today.

Next event will probably involve Vittorio Veneto and Gremlinski as collaboration? And possible another upgrade for Hibiki with 130mm naval gun.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy