Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 18:31   Link #21
Epsilon
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Epsilon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well I am sure sephi chan will be happy to donate some of his renders when he wakes up and finds this thread

yeye put me on the list as well
Hes not the only one that renders ou know >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
This should be in the opening post for easy reference.

I think we all agree on single render as base, that takes away some advantages of being a very well established sig-maker who probably have many more sources for quality renders. But how do we choose that render?

Also, there needs to be parameters on the signatures themselves. I think we should have one of the requirements be AS usable, the limitations would push creativity rather than technical artistry.

Secondly, voting needs to remain anonymous. The signatures will not be labeled with the artist's name to prevent this from degenerating into a popularity contest. Any artists trying to campaign for their submissions should be DQ'd.
Agreed.
Old 2008-01-05, 18:36   Link #22
UnsunGunner
Warped

I've posted the current established rules. as for judging, do we want this by council of judges or, is there a way to set up a voting thread later on?
UnsunGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:40   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
We can set up a poll thread for the voting...makes life a lot easier ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 18:44   Link #24
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Nice ...A Competition So Who Is The Judge So Far..
I Wish I Can Get In But I'm Far Away Of Been Artist ..
Old 2008-01-05, 18:59   Link #25
UnsunGunner
Warped

It's always better to try. If you don't you'll never get better am I right?
Old 2008-01-05, 19:01   Link #26
UnsunGunner
Warped

About judges, I'm willing to not participate in this first competition and judge a week from when we start. I would be a an unbiased judge for the sole purpose I don't know anyone on this site. I actually joined like 3 or so days ago I also have quite a busy schedule so for me to sit down and make a sig might be impossible but judging is something I'll have time to do. Again this is up to the community on if they want a voting thread or individual judges.
Old 2008-01-05, 19:10   Link #27
Epsilon
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Epsilon
Voting thread: Judges are not reliable and can be bought
Old 2008-01-05, 19:13   Link #28
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Set render? I'll pass. I like to use my favorites as my stock images. I'll just see what ya post up ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:19   Link #29
UnsunGunner
Warped

We dont have a render yet, post some renders and yours might be one we use.
Old 2008-01-05, 19:20   Link #30
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsunGunner View Post
About judges, I'm willing to not participate in this first competition and judge a week from when we start. I would be a an unbiased judge for the sole purpose I don't know anyone on this site. I actually joined like 3 or so days ago I also have quite a busy schedule so for me to sit down and make a sig might be impossible but judging is something I'll have time to do. Again this is up to the community on if they want a voting thread or individual judges.
As I said before, the best judges we got are competing. Unless there is a professional artist who is not in the competition I don't think judging is a good idea. What matters is whether we the community of AS like the signatures as a whole, anyway. Judging also really takes away from participation from those who aren't graphics designers (like me).
Old 2008-01-05, 19:42   Link #31
UnsunGunner
Warped

Fair enough i'll enjoy competeing, we just need more people and a render
Old 2008-01-05, 19:47   Link #32
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

If you're competing, who's going to pick the render?
Old 2008-01-05, 20:10   Link #33
UnsunGunner
Warped

hmm, true. Alright ill hold my reservation in this contest till we found out more details. Ill wait for more people to sign up first. If need be ill sit out that isnt a problem people just need to let me know what their wish's are. I want this to be a fun competition that can be repeated.
Old 2008-01-05, 20:52   Link #34
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

You shouldn't sit out since you are the one who thought of this competition to begin with. Besides, I kinda like your sig and you don't have your own thread yet.

If you want I'll gather up a committee to choose a render for the competition.
Old 2008-01-05, 21:00   Link #35
UnsunGunner
Warped

Oh this sig? was testing something, its simple but i liked how it looked and whats this about my own threaD? either way, yes i did suggest this competition but im fully content either way. I'll be glad knowing i started something, so like I said whatever people decide is fine by me, we just need more to sign up and we will have to deal with finding a suitable render by Monday. I suggest have people pool in their anime renders and we have a vote to see which one gets chosen. Only problem is I don't want people quiting if theirs doesn't get chosen.
Old 2008-01-05, 21:04   Link #36
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Question, does the mods know about this oO?

Anyways, PM sent. I'm in!
Old 2008-01-05, 21:29   Link #37
geki~
noLife
*Artist

http://tsukiyo.planet.ee/pngs/

Here's the collection of my renders. I need to overlook some older ones but technically all of them could be used. I could even make special renders for the contest if needed. (Of course I wouldn't be the one deciding which picture I'll be rendering )
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:30   Link #38
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsunGunner View Post
Oh this sig? was testing something, its simple but i liked how it looked and whats this about my own threaD? either way, yes i did suggest this competition but im fully content either way. I'll be glad knowing i started something, so like I said whatever people decide is fine by me, we just need more to sign up and we will have to deal with finding a suitable render by Monday. I suggest have people pool in their anime renders and we have a vote to see which one gets chosen. Only problem is I don't want people quiting if theirs doesn't get chosen.

The problem with voting for render doesn't end there. It give an advantage to those who submitted the winning render since they might have some idea of what to do with it. There is also no way we're going to get a representative vote by Monday.

About the thread: Most graphic designers have their own thread to post their signatures/creations. It's really what this board is about. I don't think you have your own thread yet, which is why I said that.
Old 2008-01-05, 21:35   Link #39
DarkZedEx
–•(-•Kídø•Señshî•-)•–

Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Very interesting thread you started here. Well I can adapt to pretty much any rules as long as it involves me working on PS . Anyways, count me in, pm sent~
Old 2008-01-05, 21:45   Link #40
UnsunGunner
Warped

I see we have a season photoshop user here by any chance were you apart of Sigoftheweek.com?

And am i sopposed to tell a mod? hehe