AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 19:44   Link #2641
KBTKaiser

It should be noted that your Secretary Ship's classification does influence the crafting done for equipment, just a reminder.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 10:52   Link #2642
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Just wondering, are there any leveling compositions for 5-4? Due to the branching rules, I assume the optimal classes for leveling would be CA(V), BB and CV(L)?
Old 2014-06-17, 10:58   Link #2643
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Married Haruna , and rearranged the room from the original Western style to suit the new futon. Surprisingly they looked kinda fit with each other, especially with the sakura petals from married flagship

Need another wall screen through, can't find a more suitable one yet
Old 2014-06-17, 11:20   Link #2644
Cyprene

Haha, congratulations on your wedding.

Well, I made it to the second stage. Carriers are scary, scary things, but a few hits from Yamashiro managed to put me over the top to a minor victory.

A few other questions:
1.) I got a Nagara. I see she's got two upgrade stages, whereas none of my other destroyers do. Does this mean I should be keeping her around because she'll be useful for a long time?

2.) What's an efficient way to get ship construction materials (開発資材)? I'm running out a lot.

3.) It feels like damage dealt is very different at night. A lot more critical hits, and my destroyers seem to hit especially hard. Am I imagining it?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 11:34   Link #2645
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

1) Nagara doesn't have a Kai 2 yet. But I'd keep her around anyway (if you have room) because she's still one of the strongest CL around even with only 1 upgrade.

2) Dailies only, and some of the longer expeditions

3) Night battle power is calculated by Firepower + Torpedo, and the firepower cap is raised to 300 (I think). DDs, CLs, CAs and CLTs are extremely powerful at night for that reason. You should read more on night battle here: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Combat#Night_Combat
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 11:34   Link #2646
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
1.) I got a Nagara. I see she's got two upgrade stages, whereas none of my other destroyers do. Does this mean I should be keeping her around because she'll be useful for a long time?

2.) What's an efficient way to get ship construction materials (開発資材)? I'm running out a lot.

3.) It feels like damage dealt is very different at night. A lot more critical hits, and my destroyers seem to hit especially hard. Am I imagining it?
1) That's Isuzu. Some ships do have a second remodel, and the stats gain depends of the ship, not the class (some ships like Kinugasa got a very marginal stats gain with their kai ni). Please refer to the wiki for more insight about these.

2) only crafting for the daily quests. Outside of that, you can use expeditions that grant development material, but these are not guaranteed, and such expeditions aren't exactly great in term of resources gain.

3) Night combat involve a different damage formula: both firepower and torpedo stats are counted, which is why destroyers, light cruisers and heavy cruisers are much more effective. This also affect enemies.

Check individual ships and combat mecanic wiki pages.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:03   Link #2647
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Haha, congratulations on your wedding.

Well, I made it to the second stage. Carriers are scary, scary things, but a few hits from Yamashiro managed to put me over the top to a minor victory.

A few other questions:

Thank, mate

But yeah as those stated above. I think generally when you do construction quests, they give you some extra development materials. A way which 'could' be useful is, using your Yamashiro to crap the 10-10-10-10 equipment quests. They are likely to fail (but the quest stated "fail is ok too"), and i think you will get your development materials back if failed in crafting. But then they will give you another extra as quest reward.

The idea of the game in early stage is: you either bring high power guns and destroy everything during the day, or bring destroyer and light cruiser, hope they survive the day, then unleash hells at night (as they could hit as hard or even more than battleship at night).

Very useful tips if you haven't realised (or can't bother to read the combat section in wiki): equip TWO AND ONLY TWO red guns, and don't equip yellow guns or torpedo. And for those that can, equip them with a sea plane as well (like Yamashiro). It's called double-hit set up, and almost universally accepted to be the best general set up for equipments, and at early stage will help you creaming through opponents with it . It will only inapplicable in a few cases, but take it easy you can find out about it later
Old 2014-06-17, 12:13   Link #2648
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Red guns aren't exactly optimal for destroyers, nor for CLT.
Even CL aren't exactly benefiting that much from double attack. Double Red cannons are only a good idea for CA and BB.

Also double attack setup is useless if you don't have the air superiority, which isn't exactly an easy feat early on, especially you barely have anyone able to equip Zuiun due to class issues.
It is not advised to use end game setup that early, especially when it comes to the learning process.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:29   Link #2649
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Even if it does not work, it will still benefit him at night battle. But i will say CL benefit a lot from the double red gun set up as well. Help them to clear the smaller enemy.

Of course that was based on fully modernised stats, but any extra damage counted right?

And he have Yamashiro so couple of sea plane could still provide air superiority at early or easy node
Old 2014-06-17, 12:35   Link #2650
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You have way more benefit from using 1 Red and 1 15.5cm yellow cannon, due to the firepower and accuracy granted by them. Also, unlike 20.3cm, CL can take full benefit from 15.5 yellow gun, while it isn't the case for 20.3, hence you are dealing way more damage with 1 red 1 yellow than merely 2 red.

Stuffing only red cannons is detrimental to lighter ships, and you certainly don't equip these to CLT.

That's why I said it is best not to apply double attack setup everywhere and especially not that early. DD, CL and CLT have their own setup for their class (or even specific ship like Yukikaze and Shigure).
Old 2014-06-17, 12:46   Link #2651
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You have way more benefit from using 1 Red and 1 15.5cm yellow cannon, due to the firepower and accuracy granted by them. Also, unlike 20.3cm, CL can take full benefit from 15.5 yellow gun, while it isn't the case for 20.3, hence you are dealing way more damage with 1 red 1 yellow than merely 2 red.

Stuffing only red cannons is detrimental to lighter ships, and you certainly don't equip these to CLT.

That's why I said it is best not to apply double attack setup everywhere and especially not that early. DD, CL and CLT have their own setup for their class (or even specific ship like Yukikaze and Shigure).
I agree on CLT, but for CL, still think the two red guns provided better use than the 1 red 1 yellow.

Maybe I will try that, cut-in(?) CL set up on a more difficult map. But generally on world 3 or 4, found the double hit to be more useful to clear smaller mobs. As it almost impossible to miss or fail to kill a white or red CL/DD
Old 2014-06-17, 12:58   Link #2652
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not talking about double attack setup for day, so this setup isn't for you at all.
I'm talking about map progression for early maps, which don't always involve guaranteed air superiority (due to players having weak green planes or only seaplanes).

Limiting yourself with double red will just screw you badly if you can't get air superiority, whereas the 1 red 1 yellow or even 2 yellow insure proper damage and accuracy for that part of the game.
Old 2014-06-17, 20:59   Link #2653
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Looks like leaks are coming out on 4ch already:

Spoiler:

About time.
Old 2014-06-17, 21:08   Link #2654
TaintedDream
Translator

When are Cut-In Attack, Double Attack, or Mixed preferred? The wiki's combat page explains how to get each one, but not really when to use each one (other than that Luck boosts Cut-In chances during Night Battle).
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 21:28   Link #2655
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedDream View Post
When are Cut-In Attack, Double Attack, or Mixed preferred? The wiki's combat page explains how to get each one, but not really when to use each one (other than that Luck boosts Cut-In chances during Night Battle).
It really depends on which ship your using and what you're fighting.

Let's start with Day battle.

Artillery spotting cut-in sucks when CLs and CAs trigger it due to their relatively low firepower and low multiplier of the equipment combos that are available to them, and result in frequent scratch damage even against enemy DDs and CLs.

However, slow BBs, who can equip AP shells, are able to use artillery spotting cut-ins to its best potential because on top of their already high base firepower, dual main gun + AP shell combo also has the highest multiplier (1.5x).

This is very useful when dealing with high armored enemies like Flag Ru... or Elite Re and Hime, because more often than not the 1.2x multiplier of double attacks may not be enough to hit through their armor especially during head-on engagement. But with 1.5x multiplier and the crit rate bonus from the AP shell itself, you get a decent chance at dealing significant damage to those armored behemoths.

For night battle,

Double attack is usually preferred because of high chance of triggering as well as high accuracy. However, as I noticed in my experience, it's prone to doing scratch damage more often than cut-ins if your ship doesn't have high enough level or night battle power (firepower+ torpedo). Which is why I personally use cut-in set up if the ship's luck is reasonable. Notable ones would be Shigure and Yukikaze, whom I equipped with 3 x Torpedoes whenever possible. I also set Ise and Hyuuga up for cut-in attack back when I leveled them as flagship (+5% cut-in chance), or during pvp as they are usually fully sparkled (extra cut-in chance). Nagato and KTKM on the other hand usually don't need it even though they have decent luck stat, as they already have a reliable night battle power with double attack set up.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-06-17 at 22:27.
Old 2014-06-18, 00:25   Link #2656
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
It really depends on which ship your using and what you're fighting.

Let's start with Day battle.

Artillery spotting cut-in sucks when CLs and CAs trigger it due to their relatively low firepower and low multiplier of the equipment combos that are available to them, and result in frequent scratch damage even against enemy DDs and CLs.

However, slow BBs, who can equip AP shells, are able to use artillery spotting cut-ins to its best potential because on top of their already high base firepower, dual main gun + AP shell combo also has the highest multiplier (1.5x).

This is very useful when dealing with high armored enemies like Flag Ru... or Elite Re and Hime, because more often than not the 1.2x multiplier of double attacks may not be enough to hit through their armor especially during head-on engagement. But with 1.5x multiplier and the crit rate bonus from the AP shell itself, you get a decent chance at dealing significant damage to those armored behemoths.

For night battle,

Double attack is usually preferred because of high chance of triggering as well as high accuracy. However, as I noticed in my experience, it's prone to doing scratch damage more often than cut-ins if your ship doesn't have high enough level or night battle power (firepower+ torpedo). Which is why I personally use cut-in set up if the ship's luck is reasonable. Notable ones would be Shigure and Yukikaze, whom I equipped with 3 x Torpedoes whenever possible. I also set Ise and Hyuuga up for cut-in attack back when I leveled them as flagship (+5% cut-in chance), or during pvp as they are usually fully sparkled (extra cut-in chance). Nagato and KTKM on the other hand usually don't need it even though they have decent luck stat, as they already have a reliable night battle power with double attack set up.
So are you using the AP shell for Nagato, Mutsu , and the BBV?

As based on wiki, the AP shell combo provided 30% cut in and 30% double attacks with even extra damage. Means a 60% of special attacks comparing to normal 50%. My only problem with it, is sometime the cut-in missed a very low hp target, and just screw me over, which is kinda annoyed. And of course we will lose the accuracy bonus from radar or other accessory instead of AP shell

My game-plan, for example last E-5 was to kill all of the smaller unit in the morning. Then hope I had enough ships left to destroy the big boss at night. That's why I'm quite hesitant at using AP shell for slow BB, as damage is not as needed as accuracy
Old 2014-06-18, 00:48   Link #2657
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So are you using the AP shell for Nagato, Mutsu , and the BBV?

As based on wiki, the AP shell combo provided 30% cut in and 30% double attacks with even extra damage. Means a 60% of special attacks comparing to normal 50%. My only problem with it, is sometime the cut-in missed a very low hp target, and just screw me over, which is kinda annoyed. And of course we will lose the accuracy bonus from radar or other accessory instead of AP shell

My game-plan, for example last E-5 was to kill all of the smaller unit in the morning. Then hope I had enough ships left to destroy the big boss at night. That's why I'm quite hesitant at using AP shell for slow BB, as damage is not as needed as accuracy
I did mention it was for specialized purpose, namely 5-5 and event final maps.
In those maps where you are prone to doing scratch damage EVEN AT NIGHT due to the sheer armor those things have, I'd take any chance to do more damage beforehand during the day. Accuracy just isn't enough of a concern here.

Seriously though, just give 5-5 a few runs with Nagato and Mutsu with and without AP shell.

As for normal map grinding.... I don't really get to use slow BBs very often now do I?

I might bring Ise or Hyuuga in one of my World 4 training runs, but then I'd bringing smaller guns instead.....

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-06-18 at 01:01.
Old 2014-06-18, 01:27   Link #2658
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Seriously though, just give 5-5 a few runs with Nagato and Mutsu with and without AP shell.

As for normal map grinding.... I don't really get to use slow BBs very often now do I?

I might bring Ise or Hyuuga in one of my World 4 training runs, but then I'd bringing smaller guns instead.....
You discriminate against them because of their luck? D:

Normally i would have wished them to have Kai-ni (just so people can pour more attention on the unlucky sisters). But considering the actual history, they might be the last to ever get Kai-Ni....
...probably even after Kongou get her 4th remodel

Anyway i thought sea plane from BBV is fairly useful? Like against carrier aside, sea plane do provide the air superiority and day double hit without a need of CV or CVL. A map forbidding you to bring CV or CVL (or force you on a much harder route) will have those neglecting BBV in tears
Old 2014-06-18, 01:28   Link #2659
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
You discriminate against them because of their luck? D:
Wait what? Why would I do that?

Actually wait, where did I even hint that I have anything against their luck?

Quote:
Anyway i thought sea plane from BBV is fairly useful? Like against carrier aside, sea plane do provide the air superiority and day double hit without a need of CV or CVL.
Well the problem with bringing Seirans and Zuiuns is that they get distracted by SS, and the only maps where I have the leisure of not bringing any CV/CVL AND not get punished by anti-slow BB branching rules are 2-5 and World 4 maps...
I never bring BB/CVs for 2-5. And World 4 is pretty much a submarine hive

That being said, I still managed to find a few places to use BBV with seaplane bombers: Spring event and pvp.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-06-18 at 01:42.
Old 2014-06-18, 01:49   Link #2660
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Wait what? Why would I do that?

Actually wait, where did I even hint that I have anything against their luck?
Didn't you just said "Those who don't have enough luck to carry out cut-in, especially the Fusou, would only be worthy for scraping" ?

Quote:
Well the problem with bringing Seirans and Zuiuns is that they get distracted by SS, and the only maps where I have the leisure of not bringing any CV/CVL AND not get punished by anti-slow BB branching rules are 2-5 and World 4 maps...
I don't bring BB/CVs for 2-5. And world 4 is pretty much an SS nest.

That being said, I still managed to find a few places to use BBV with seaplane bombers: Spring event and pvp.
Kinda reminded me of that 4-4 quest.

Bring the two aviation battleships to 4-4. So i picked the Ise sisters. Then need 2 DD and a CAV. Picked Tone. Cruise to boss without even minor damage... too easy.

And then i faced the golden submarine (which i totally forgot since haven't done 4-4 in a while). And you know the rest..... It's a one side massarce

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls