AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 01:13   Link #1
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

2012/12/21

The Maya's ancient calendar's long term, (which is supposed to be very precise on dates of eclips and such) voluntarily ends on that day.

The Chinese "Chin" game which is a probability based game takes it to 2012 also.

Saint Malakai' prophecy said Rome would be destroyed with the 112th Pope. Benedict is the 111th and is 76..

Okay, some other Oracle like Merlin, Cybile and such.. I think Nostradamus also mentioned a black president or something.

Anyhow, some studies (hopefully from Astrophisitians) says that on that day the planets of our solar system will all be aligned with the sun making a weird eclipse, and at the same time positioning the system at the center of the milkyway..

Consequences seems unknown for the moment but what is apparently ment to appen in such a scenario is an inversion of the North/South poles in a undetermined amount of time..

Whatever appens, everyone seems to think is will have a massive effect on our spiritual senses. If we live through it of course! Some think that the Dinausors havent, as a cause of their extinction.

Any thoughts or personal sharing experiences on the subject?
Old 2009-01-16, 02:46   Link #2
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Oh please. The world was said to be coming to an end in 1993 and 2000, yet nothing happened. Every few decades someone comes up with a new magical date of the end of all things.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 02:57   Link #3
Jill Valentine

You shouldnt believe on things like that, When the Mayan calendar ends no one knows what it means maybe the mayans stoped the calendar because they were tired and they didnt know it will still exist until this year, And guidohunter toki is right they said it will end in 1999 and 6/6/2006 and nothing happend so you shouldnt be worrying.

No one knows when the world will end not even angels up in heaven as it was writen in the bible, So God wont let anything happen at that exact day/year and month, It will just change like how we will be feeling will be different maybe and other things but the world will not end, God loves us so much he wont let anything happen to this beautiful world.
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:06   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

What does end of the world mean?

Death of humans? At the very least, 50 years, if humans by then are still stupid enough to rely on fossil fuels. Which is unlikely. If not, the next World War.

Large mass extinction? Next meteorite or super volcano. May kill alot of humans, but alot will still survive.

Destruction of the world? Currently confirmed impossible for several thousands of years. May happen if an object about the same size of Earth is confirmed to be drifting towards our direction at several thousand kilometres per hour. If not, it will be 5 billion years later when the Sun becomes a red giant and melts the Earth.
----------

Anyway, Nostradamus seems to be right on lots of things because: He made a LOT of predictions, alot of of them never happened. And those that happened is because people tried ways to match events to his predictions.

The Moon, Earth and Sun has aligned lots of times, the worst thing that happened was giant earthquakes. Earthquakes triggered by the combined gravitational pull of the alignment did not destroy the Earth everytime it happened.

And our solar system is very much closer to the outer rim of the Milky way than towards the centre. Our Earth may be destroyed by the red giant Sun billions of years before the solar system reaches the centre of the Milky Way.

If Dinosaurs died because they were not spiritual enough, it must have taken a long time for the universe to realise that. They existed for 160 million years or so. Dinosaurs were actually victims of the 6th mass extinction, they survived the 5th between Triassic and Jurassic periods.

If there's anything to think about on this subject, is not when it happens, is what to prevent it, if it does happen. First we have to deal with global warming.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:41   Link #5
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I'm not quite superstitious enough to worry yet.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:53   Link #6
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The apocalypse will come on January 19th, 2038 03:14:08 UTC. Posix time on 32 bit architectures voluntarily ends there.
Old 2009-01-16, 03:56   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Center of the galaxy would be bad..... very bad.... its a long way away and its already got an occupant: a black hole of several million solar masses.

The calendar bit is fun but utter hogwash: calendars are purely human constructions.

As said.. planetary alignments happen all the time.... astrologists are just utter fail on astronomy. It passed the time 7000 years ago....

Nostrodamus... ah the con-artist fools a new pack of eyeballs every generation. Seems like he gets popular again every 20 years or so...

North/south pole re-alignment? nothing much.... expect compasses to require remarking, some avionics to need a tuneup. If the magnetic field SHUTS DOWN (which it apparently does during a shift ... which has happened dozens of times) then you might want to use an umbrella and sunglasses because the field diverts a bit of space radiation to the poles.

Really.. there are any number of really cool REAL THINGS that go on in the universe to put up with fanciful but bogus crap...

Slice of Life's UNIX wrap date mention actually might break something here or there (some UNIX driven system divides by zero and makes jelly instead of eggnog or the lights go out for a few minutes).
Old 2009-01-16, 04:02   Link #8
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Anyway, Nostradamus seems to be right on lots of things because: He made a LOT of predictions, alot of of them never happened. And those that happened is because people tried ways to match events to his predictions.
One thing about Nostradamus is that most of his predictions are ambiguous, and when he made predictions to royalty, he always speak in a language which the person doesn't speak, so for example, the King who does not understand English, he will speak in that langauge, thus requiring an intermediate translator for the words and explanations, reducing the precision of the explanation, and giving it a wider range of possibilities in happening. It is just like a pope describing Anglo-Saxons by saying "Non Angle Se Angeli" (Not Angles but Angels).

I think the end of the world already happened alot of times, it is just that we do not realise it, because when things get boring, something interesting is bound to happen.

That is the power of Haruhi. Anyone who believes in excitement will be included in the world with her.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 04:06   Link #9
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Oh I forgot to cover the magnetic pole reversal lol

Yes, that will happen, like Vexx-dono said, it has happened lots of times. It happens on an average of 100,000 years or so during Earth's 4.6 billion year history.

The magnetic poles are weakening as of now and magnetic anomalies are happening in certain places. The largest of which is the Bermuda Triange region, yes it contributes to the magnetic instruments going haywire.

During the polar shift itself, we may experience a time where compasses won't work, but that can be solved in other ways. The worse effect is the weakening of the Earth's magnetosphere, allowing solar radiation to penetrate deep into our atmosphere. Skin cancer will become a major killer, sensitive electric equipment may get fried and such.

But no, humans won't die off like that.

Old 2009-01-16, 05:19   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well I think only Vexx here has lived through the entire Cold War, so he probably knows about the nuclear bomb phobia, and how people predict that the bomb will end the world as it is in a nuclear apocalypse.

It never did. Or believers would say, "That is because USSR broke down!".

Although I believe that humans are stupid, but I do not believe that they are stupid enough to end their race and will seek to survive. As long as we exist, our world can't end, because we are still there to see it.

But I do believe about the world ending multiple times throughout the entire history of mankind. Who knows, yesterday may just be a different universe from today, except that today's is more interesting than yesterday's.

To put it simply, the world ended yesterday because it was boring. Today starts as a creation of a new world in a new day.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:41   Link #11
Jill Valentine

SaintesHeart is right

Thats why ppl say live everday day as if it were your last....

dont believe those ppl who say the world will end as how many times before this happened

slice of life how do you know?
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:44   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not just slice of life lol

If humans want to survive, they must live their lives each day, at the same time knowing that the world may end anything, but at the same time prepared and made sure that their lives won't end the next day.

Just living peacefully, ignorant of the doom that can happen and not doing anything will just end the species one day. Instead of waiting it to happen passive or actively, humans should go against it for survival.

Old 2009-01-16, 05:51   Link #13
FateAnomaly

Actually living everyday as if it were the last is a pretty bad idea. I mean if today is my last day, i wouldn't go to work today and i would spent all my money. But then tomorrow comes and i will be screwed.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:53   Link #14
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hmmm the world wouldn't just end like that lol, just cause they stopped writing doesn't mean the world will end besides at some point they couldn't continue anyway cause the Mayans all died out of small pocks etc. remember? (and they didn't predict that lol)

and if something were to happen we'd most likely know at leased year in advance, like a meteor Nasa would surely pick it up before it hits lol or even a super volcano doesn't just grow overnight

I still believe in what I did as a child, in 2087 mutant spider crabs from outher space will take over our planet
that or I hope we will have a dawn of the dead/ 23 days later kind of scenario.. spider crabs is cool though
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:59   Link #15
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Actually living everyday as if it were the last is a pretty bad idea. I mean if today is my last day, i wouldn't go to work today and i would spent all my money. But then tomorrow comes and i will be screwed.
That is why I say you must also live knowing that you'll survive the doom awaiting you.

Humans must be prepared for the disasters that will happen and when it does happen, must have prepared the necessary things to survive through it and live life normally after. Means, you don't spend all your cash, but you have them in banks and such ready to use them to rebuild your house after surviving through.

So my point is humans should not worry about doom, but prepared to go through it.

Hopefully humans can survive and advance enough to leave the planet for another before the Sun goes red giant or even leave the solar system before it goes supernova.

Old 2009-01-16, 06:49   Link #16
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

What. The world already ended several times, just the dolphins replaced with another one from an alternate dimension. Actually World War one and two was the same war, just different dimension. Duh.

I hate all this "end of the world" crap. -_-
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 07:17   Link #17
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Que Sera, Sera~
Whatever Will Be, Will Be~
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 07:35   Link #18
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Let it be happen
i don't care
Old 2009-01-16, 07:54   Link #19
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Im not worried i'm well prepared for the up and coming zombie apocalypse.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 08:26   Link #20
Thingle
Banned

On December 23 2012, I'll post here and say that this mayan apocalypse theory is all BS.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse