AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-18, 08:43   Link #1941
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I guess you could convince her by using another kind of sentence, but if you ever do it, I hope you'll take the responsibility of such words.

Something like "Tu es la personne la plus importante à mes yeux. La personne avec qui je veux faire ma vie. Celle que je veux voir chaque matin quand j'ouvre les yeux. Celle dont je veux prendre soin, aimer et chérir dans les moments de joie, comme dans les moments de tristesse jusqu'à ce que la mort nous sépare."

I guess it would work, but such statement of deep love can only lead to commitment. So only use such words when you'll see her as your Fiançée.
I had to run that phrase through Google Translate.

I'll keep that phrase in mind for possible usage if and when I decide to propose to her.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 09:49   Link #1942
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
To be perfectly honest, I don't think of it as a completely bad thing when the ladies consider a man's financial situation as an important factor. Considering the society and the times we live in, I can totally see where they're coming from; in a land like this where the cost of living is already exorbitant and rising every day, it's quite reasonable that no girl would or should settle for a deadbeat who can't pull his weight in a family (be it earning the bread or being the househusband). No offense intended, Shiemi.

So no, I have no qualms about girls being a little materialistic since it's a matter of ensuring a decent standard of living for the future; but when a lot of the things one hears from the mouths of the girls around him tend to revolve around shopping, fashions, brands, spending money, having fun, marrying rich guys and pretty much little else, it's hard not to develop a rather low opinion of the local girls where their calibre is concerned.
I can't believe they're all like that I understand you would find a lot of girls talking like that, in fact I saw a lot of that here in Portugal before I entered college so I can understand but now I don't see that as much... unfortunately I see a lot more of the importance being placed on drinking and going out so I can't really say it's better...

Oh well, my point is that probably it's just a local thing. Maybe the big population centers have become that way but I'm willing to bet that there are still a lot of decent girls and probably some of them just go along with that type of conversation to fit in and not because that's what they really think. (Or at least I want to believe that )
Old 2009-10-18, 10:44   Link #1943
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Nothing wrong with considering money.

If you're looking for a long term relationship, It's a legitimate factor
Old 2009-10-18, 11:16   Link #1944
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Questionzu.

If people arn't as good looking, how do they get GF's?

Because I dun think there is a good looky machinezu (Plastic surgery dun county).

I just dun understand how they find love den. >.<

Makes love more gambling and not fair >.<
You mean some people aren't good looking? *shot*

Okay, okay, seriously.

You don't have to be good looking to find a girlfriend. What a lot of girls look for in a man is a good personality, someone who can relate to them and share their interests. If he's good looking, that's certainly a plus, and it's true that a lot of women look for handsome men first before they look for sweet men. But beauty is only skin deep. Looks can attract a girl, but a good personality can convince her to stay.
Old 2009-10-18, 17:14   Link #1945
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You mean some people aren't good looking? *shot*

Okay, okay, seriously.

You don't have to be good looking to find a girlfriend. What a lot of girls look for in a man is a good personality, someone who can relate to them and share their interests. If he's good looking, that's certainly a plus, and it's true that a lot of women look for handsome men first before they look for sweet men. But beauty is only skin deep. Looks can attract a girl, but a good personality can convince her to stay.
However this does not apply in high school.

Seriously, I have a lot of awesome friends who aren't the best looking but have an awesome personality like no other.
Yet the girls in my school seem to go after the good looking dumb ones. XD

But this is only senior high school, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 2009-10-18, 17:27   Link #1946
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post

Seriously, I have a lot of awesome friends who aren't the best looking but have an awesome personality like no other.

Sadly it's not only in high school, it's the same in university too. There is a lot of girl who cares only about physical appearance. And it's the same girl who have sex just for fun >_>

However even if I say that, I think your physique is something you need to take care of. I think it's normal for a girl to like more a boy who is good looking.
Old 2009-10-18, 20:38   Link #1947
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Honestly, If you think it is all looks. You are doing something way ****ing wrong. Normally the guys with good looks also develop something on the side called confidence...which leads to charm, good sense of humor, fun to be around, and all that jazz. The type of guy who can actually carry on a conversation with a lady without it being awkwardly painful.

When you have a nice chest. What are you more bound to do: Act awkward, change in the corner, wear a shirt while going swimming, etc? Or are you more likely to just rip it off and get on with your life? Now who is going look more fun to be around. One seems to have confidence and the other doesn't. I also used "chest" since it is something you work on. Not are given. Very few people are "ugly". Most so called ugly people just don't give a **** about their appearance, therefore they look terrible(Note I say most, not all)

"And it's the same girl who have sex just for fun >_> "
You know, it's possible for girls to enjoy sex also. Just like a guy. You're making it sound like they are some shallow whore >_>
Old 2009-10-18, 21:28   Link #1948
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post

You know, it's possible for girls to enjoy sex also. Just like a guy. You're making it sound like they are some shallow whore >_>
Hey, a guy who likes to have sex just for fun can be a shallow whore as well!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:41   Link #1949
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Hey! I like to have sex for fun, as I'm sure most people do... that hardly makes me a shallow whore. =P
Old 2009-10-18, 21:54   Link #1950
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Honestly, If you think it is all looks. You are doing something way ****ing wrong. Normally the guys with good looks also develop something on the side called confidence...which leads to charm, good sense of humor, fun to be around, and all that jazz. The type of guy who can actually carry on a conversation with a lady without it being awkwardly painful.
I've found a fair bit to disagree with Shinoto's other posts, but he wrote my thoughts out here. How you carry yourself has a great impact on how others perceive you. You can be the hottest guy or girl on the planet, but if you aren't covering the basics - combing your hair, shaving (or at least keeping after hair that others might shave), wearing clothes that are clean and suit you - nobody will be able to see it. Even if you're covering those, the confidence factor still comes into play. Are you slouching? Is your behavior eccentric and confusing to others (in a manner that makes you unapproachable)? Even if you're initially attractive, unattractive behavior or personality will quickly cause people to take a negative opinion of you - and that will in turn influence how they view you physically.

Of course, how a person looks does have something to do with it. Some people are just naturally more attractive than others, and no amount of confidence, makeup, clothes, working out, or wonderful personality will change that. I do not believe that it represents the most important element, though. How you project yourself has much more to do with it.

And lastly, the grounder - you have to recognize that even if you perfect the art of being confident and projecting yourself well to others, not everyone will be attracted to you. It doesn't mean that you're ugly or a terrible person, it just means that one person did not find you attractive. Everyone has a different opinion... don't take it to mean more than it does.
Old 2009-10-18, 23:17   Link #1951
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Hey, a guy who likes to have sex just for fun can be a shallow whore as well!
It's easy being easy!

Old 2009-10-19, 02:09   Link #1952
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
But I don't think sex for fun would be as good as sex for actually loving the person.

Thats just me, I read too much romance, but I don't get the point of sex for fun, why do it with someone unless you really love them?
Old 2009-10-19, 02:37   Link #1953
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would be pretty disappointed if sex with the person I loved wasn't fun.
Old 2009-10-19, 03:22   Link #1954
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I would be pretty disappointed if sex with the person I loved wasn't fun.
^ _ ^ Just stating my feelings.

I still object to people going on looks though. But I know I cannot change this.

I just don't see the big deal, it's such a minor thing.

Everyones human, everyones covered in skin, theres so little difference, it doesn't matter that much, if at all.

Thats why I go for personality, because I just don't see the big deal, and I'm sure theres some people who would agree with me, male or female.
Old 2009-10-19, 03:29   Link #1955
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I had to run that phrase through Google Translate.

I'll keep that phrase in mind for possible usage if and when I decide to propose to her.
It wasn't complete. This text will only give her the impression that you love her to the point of wanting to marry her. But it's not clear.

So, you'll have to add to it

"C'est pourquoi, je veux devenir ton mari. XXXXXX (<<< name of your GF), (that's when you will look at her in the eyes, she'll have to remember that look forever) veux-tu m'épouser" <<<<<<<<<<<< you better have a ring with you when you say that. But there are girls who don't really care if you have it or not. What's important are your feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Sadly it's not only in high school, it's the same in university too. There is a lot of girl who cares only about physical appearance. And it's the same girl who have sex just for fun >_>

However even if I say that, I think your physique is something you need to take care of. I think it's normal for a girl to like more a boy who is good looking.
While I am not part of the "let's have sex for fun without a very serious relationship" (i'll never do that, bleh)), they have the right to do it and there's no law that says "you are right, and they are wrong", hence we have to respect their choice (of course, they have to respect the other people who make different choices... And not all of them do it... but thta's another story)

And there are people in HS who have sincere feelings and try to build something serious, don't forget that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post

You'll always find some girls who don't fit that. I did see girls dating boys that are not the best looking men ever, but as i said, it mainly happened when said boys had good qualities beside their look.

If the person is not good looking, (well, i guess it's easy to say, but not easy to do), instead of crying all days about it, they should try to develop something else that could be seen as attractive. And build a bit of confidence (even if some girls like shy boys too, but as I discussed it with Ledgem, at least the confidence to, for example, confess). And as I said ealier, to take care of their body. No need to be brad pitt to do some sport.

But anyway, I'll also add that not all the girls date boys in highschool (i didn't)

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-19 at 03:47.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 03:50   Link #1956
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
It wasn't complete. This text will only give her the impression that you love her to the point of wanting to marry her. But it's not clear.

So, you'll have to add to it

"C'est pourquoi, je veux devenir ton mari. XXXXXX (<<< name of your GF), (that's when you will look at her in the eyes, she'll have to remember that look forever) veux-tu m'épouser" <<<<<<<<<<<< you better have a ring with you when you say that. But there are girls who don't really care if you have it or not. What's important are your feelings.

*saves away in the "Quotable Quotes for the Future" archive*
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 03:55   Link #1957
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for OT:

Although I would like to believe that Singaporean females are not like that, what I have ACTUALLY experienced is making me look like some self-deluded fool. Consequently, despite hanging out with them back in school, some of my male friends commented during our guy outings that these girls are so backstabbing and materialistic, constantly shopping for clothes and criticising other girls during almost every outing or hanging out after school. DOTA and Warcraft matches have become a common excuse not to go watch movies with them because we just couldn't stand them.

IMO, I feel that it is pragmatism misinterpreted from the female's perspective. Here, working hard is espoused as the only road to success (bull, luck and streetsmart plays a part too), hence it is often summarised that chasing after the paper is that down-to-earth method. Subsequently, the paper evolved not only to educational accreditation, but also the paper currency : money. What the females feel about intimate relationships is giving herself to the guy, and thus what she wants is security, especially in the financial area because of the incredible power of money.

Consequently, the general society are spoiling them. Due to the fact that all guys here have to go through National Service, the "get that job done and over with" mentality is locked into their heads, thus their general ignorance towards what is taken from them. Coupled with the sheltered life these girls have, it eventually leads to a "take more than give" subconscious that when provoked, could lead to serious consequences. So while a "f*** you" could generate a "my mouth or my back?" from a male, the word "b*t**" said to a female can lead to altercations lasting months.

Ultimately, the fast paced and high stress education system removed an important element in the females, character. Many I have seen are just mild salt, sugar, pepper or flour, the taste isn't even there. The guys are not that bad, their real characters flourish in National Service (I know of a quiet Nagato-type otaku becoming an officer cadet), but the females just live as they are for quite a long time. Character building and accepting other characters is very important in relationships, any side lacking in it could put slack in the ties that bind.

Despite having said all that, I will keep holding the doors open for them and listen in during their politicising talk, and occasionally let the word "b*t**" slip when they go too far. I don't like to be proven wrong, and I don't intend to be proven wrong about my belief that this is the epitome of the modern female.

@ Narona :
Do girls really like those kind of long boring phrases? I wonder if (pardon me, I just picked this out of a French dict with some help from BBF) :

vous êtes la chose la plus mignonne que j'ai jamais placé mes yeux dessus

works.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 04:18   Link #1958
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
@ Narona :
Do girls really like those kind of long boring phrases? .
I don't know all the girls in France, i can only talk about the girls I know, and the cases I know, but a girl who is really in love will most likely like to hear that from her lover. (actually, you can even find something even more cheesy you know).

I don't see many girls wanting to hear "Hey ma cocotte, tu es aussi bonne que la dernière bière belge et j'ai autant envie de me marier avec toi que d'aller voir le match de foot Real de Madrid VS Milan AC!" instead

No, just no...

Quote:
I wonder if (pardon me, I just picked this out of a French dict with some help from BBF) :

vous êtes la chose la plus mignonne que j'ai jamais placé mes yeux dessus

works
Correction: "Vous/tu ("Vous" if you just met the girl, "tu" if you already know her or if she's already your GF) êtes/es la fille/femme/personne (don't use "chose", it means "a thing", and a girl would not like to hear hat she's just "thing" , use "personne" (person) or "girl" or "woman" instead) la plus belle/mignonne que j'ai rencontrée (you can also replace it by (more romantic) "qui ait croisé mon regard".)

That depends if you use it as a sentence to try to pick up a girl, or if you say that to your girlfriend. I'd say it can work as a "pick up" sentence, but not all the time (depends on the girl's character), and works better if you alreday know the girl (that's a good sentence before adding "j'aimerais sortir avec toi" (i'd like to date you)) edit: forgot to add, and it has to be sincere from you, always be careful about what you say

Can work if the girl is your GF.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-19 at 04:41.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 04:21   Link #1959
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Question?

It seems more guys ask advice on girls then girls ask on guys.

Why is that so? I would expect it to be equal.
Old 2009-10-19, 04:36   Link #1960
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
qui ait croisé mon regard
Oh no, it's the subjunctive, run! Reminds me of high school French class xD. Nolstagia <3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Question?

It seems more guys ask advice on girls then girls ask on guys.

Why is that so? I would expect it to be equal.
If you're referring to this topic, my guess is that there are more guys than girls on this forum. Though there may be a more sophisticated reason about the psychology of guys vs girls on this topic. Perhaps it's because men are potatoes; they're clueless unless directed.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom