AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-17, 21:29   Link #9781
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
“Hey, Oriana. I don’t really understand, but that rectangular case seems to be an important item. I’d rather not kick a girl’s ass, so let’s focus on that case instead.”
LOL, oh Touma
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-04-17, 21:31   Link #9782
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Oh Touma, you gentleman.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-04-17, 21:40   Link #9783
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

talk about change of character
Old 2011-04-17, 21:55   Link #9784
outerelf

... wow Touma. When and how did this happen? You never had a problem with this before...
Old 2011-04-17, 21:56   Link #9785
Miraluka
Banned

Oriana is odd?
No Touma, she IS hot, the odd one is the only one who meets the royals with trousers .
Old 2011-04-17, 21:59   Link #9786
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The duel between Knight Leader and Acqua was fought at supersonic speed all the while. Knight Leader was invisible to Acqua when he moved. So if Acqua now is back to full health and using Mary's Mercy, he should be able to keep up with Knight Leader, with it then being a question of how much faster does the moon spell make him.
If you are invisible to someone, it means you are much faster than you opponent. So the question is why Knight Leader can't move out of Aqua's attack range when he disable his weapon?
Thus no matter what Knight Leader's speed is, the conclusion is that at least when he is disabling Aqua's weapon he can't be fast enough to move out of Aqua's reach.
Aqua at full power, can control water at the same time while swing his mace. If Knight Leader choose to disable Aqua's weapon, he'll be stuck in Aqua's reach and face the tsunami. If not, he has to physically dodge both the water and the sword leaving him no room to counter attack.
And even if the Knight Leader dodges, Aqua can cast the moon spell and then engage in close combat. Aqua's infighting skill is about equal if not better than Knight Leader, and with his speed back, he should be able to keep up with Knight Leader. On the other hand, once in engage in melee, it is impossible for Knight Leader to avoid any direct contact with Aqua, and the moon spell turns Aqua's entire body into a lethal weapon that devastates his surrounding upon contact. And Aqua will eventually lands a hit, and that dooms the Knight Leader completely.

So in a simple term. If Knight Leader tries to disable weapon, he is doomed to face Aqua's other magical trick as he can't move out of way.
If he choose not to disable weapon, he has to engage in close combat, where Aqua can dish out even more damage.
Old 2011-04-17, 22:07   Link #9787
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Index indirectly pointed out that with high class defensive tools such as the walking church you'll be protected against Divine Punishment. Who knows, maybe the spell can also be protected in the same way that you can block Sheol Fear (put a specific magic barrier around yourself before coming into contact with the spell).

From the start I got the impression that since Academy City spread the news about the incident along with Vento's identity (more like appearance), people from outside Academy City naturally started to be affected as people thought bad of her. It's not that Vento could control the spell, but instead is more of that Academy City intentionally "showed" the conditions necessary to be under the effect of Divine Punishment as to use the attack as propaganda.

The stake (piercing) and the cross were tools necessary to imitate the son of God and have access to the spell, that's one of the first thing that are pointed out, for what I remember.
If GRS is to attack England, Divine Punishment's real worth is not directly knocking their opponents out, but force them to stay insider their Cathedrals that has the super defense barrier or waste Curtana's power on defsense. Walking Church class defense can do block the spell, but they can't provide that to anyone. So, they either has to hide in the Cathedral, or spread out Curtana's power to protect everyone. And Curtana's out put lowers as it spreads the power out.
In other words, the British has to either sacrifice their mobility or offense, thus they become extremely vulnerable to Queen's Fleet. Then sends in Terra and Aqua to pin down who ever is using the Curtana.
Old 2011-04-17, 22:25   Link #9788
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
“Hey, Oriana. I don’t really understand, but that rectangular case seems to be an important item. I’d rather not kick a girl’s ass, so let’s focus on that case instead.”
Oriana: "How ironic. I do recall the last time your fist got me ended up in the hospital for several days.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-04-17, 22:32   Link #9789
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Angryoneesansex MAKEITHAPPEN.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-04-17, 22:35   Link #9790
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I also find it real funny how he says

Quote:
"I’d rather not kick a girl’s ass"
Like he knows that he is definitely going to beat the shit out of her.

Old 2011-04-17, 23:40   Link #9791
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touma Kamijou
“Hey, Oriana. I don’t really understand, but that rectangular case seems to be an important item. I’d rather not kick a girl’s ass, so let’s focus on that case instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana Hotsom
USO DAA!!!!!!!!!
Thats the truth, he says that because he is being hypocrite and knows he is lying .
Old 2011-04-17, 23:58   Link #9792
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mah Mah~ Lets look at the facts first- Touma has only ever hit one girl- Agnese, and seeing what she had done to Orsola and her stuck-up attitude, I think that least that was at least justified.

Sherry, Oriana and Vento aren't what I would call a 'girl', not in the 'little' sense.

BUT, that said, 'rather not' is not anything absolute, in the worst case scenario Touma won't hesitate to let one fly.
Old 2011-04-18, 00:11   Link #9793
ellifeedn
Thinker

Off-topic @ Chaos2Frozen: What anime is your avatar from?
Old 2011-04-18, 00:34   Link #9794
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Off-topic @ Chaos2Frozen: What anime is your avatar from?
denpa onna to seishun otoko. and lol, punching girls is your philosophy Touma.
Old 2011-04-18, 04:07   Link #9795
tsunade666

Touma is the only one I know who hits girls crazily detailed and smiling XD
Old 2011-04-18, 05:31   Link #9796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Touma is the only one I know who hits girls crazily detailed and smiling XD
Isn't that abit Exaggerated ?
Old 2011-04-18, 11:54   Link #9797
tsunade666

but they way the portray him knock some girls are always exaggerated. be it the anime or manga. His last fight in the anime is one of the examples
Old 2011-04-19, 01:22   Link #9798
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Part 11 Out

Good ol, Itsuwa got one over Bayloupe. Though I hope she(Itsuwa) appears more in the chapter.

And a testing facility? Necessarius don't play around. That kinda reminded me of the X-men.

Old 2011-04-19, 08:02   Link #9799
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
He obviously saying that he's going to punch it instead
Old 2011-04-19, 09:32   Link #9800
faiz blaster

What really surprises me about that line is that Touma is actually quite confident that he can win. Wasn't underestimating his own abilities one of his bad habits?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen