Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-31, 09:16   Link #781
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for Quick Translation:

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2013-08-31 at 09:27.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:39   Link #782
Subayai

Mori Summer wins with 64% vote rate. By far, the highest this year (Yozora is 2nd with 55%). She's confirmed as strong candidate to win the group.

Mako also wins despite the vote split with Darjeeling. Some relief for GuP.

I hope Rikka will do well tomorrow.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:53   Link #783
Team Rocket Elite

Expected winners all around. Shinka blasts her opponents pretty hard. Darjeeling did pretty well despite Mako being in the match. Tsukihi has less trouble winning that I thought she would while Kuuko has more.

Matches: C03 C06 C09 C12

Back in the day, Kagami would be the favourite in this match and Ika Musume would need everything she had to keep up. These days Kagami would do well to stay out of last place. Niko is decent while her opponents aren't. Should be an easy match. In a better group Aoi would be a good choice for advancement but she shouldn't be able to stop Kyouko netting Madoka their 26th straight win. After a 0-2 start, Madoka is already up to a 25-2 record. That's pretty amazing. Rikka probably has at least an outside chance to win the whole tournament. Shinka already made Chuunibyou look good and Rikka will want to put up a big win here to continue that trend.

Votes:
Hiiragi Kagami
Yazawa Niko
Sakura Kyouko
Takanashi Rikka

Predictions:
Ika Musume
Yazawa Niko
Sakura Kyouko
Takanashi Rikka
Old 2013-08-31, 10:04   Link #784
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post

And the vote total is back into the mud...there are only like what...300 votes?
I think you're going to continue to see these low vote totals unless a Saki and/or Madoka girl is involved. There are a few strong individual performers like Mori Summer, but they don't attract antis like strong Saki and/or Madoka girls do, and it's not likely that these strong individual performers will face each other often if at all.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:25   Link #785
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Guessing...
Squidly, Kyouko, Niko, and Rikka
Old 2013-08-31, 11:31   Link #786
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

4/4, which makes it 30-2.
Predictions- Ika, Niko-Niko-Nii, Kyouko, Rikka
Picks-Kagamin, Niko Niko Nii, Aoi, Steel King
Old 2013-08-31, 13:07   Link #787
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Today is a special day. Got hold of my code but won't vote first. I'll edit the post later when I've voted.

Can't decide to vote for Minami Chiaki or Futaba Aoi. Need to see how these 2 girls fare.

EDIT: Heck, couldn't be bothered waiting so here are my votes for today!

<<イカ娘@侵略!!イカ娘>>
<<矢澤にこ@ラブライブ!>>
<<二葉あおい@ビビッドレッド・オペレーション>>
<<小鳥遊六花@中二病でも恋がしたい!>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Spoiler for Quick Translation:

You got a typo. It's Masuzu not Maxuzu

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2013-08-31 at 13:59.
Old 2013-08-31, 22:37   Link #788
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Looking at the vote tracker I suspect a good amount of fake votes. People guiding Aoi to upset Kyouko or MadoMagi supporters trying to lure more votes for Kyouko. Whichever way Kyouko already had her chance at the championship in 2011 so I'll support Aoi here.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-09-01, 00:06   Link #789
timbits
Harem Lead

I told you Shinka was the hidden ace! I told you she was the real deal. At least I can take comfort in knowing I made at least one good prediction.
Old 2013-09-01, 00:24   Link #790
Wanderer
Goat

I forgot to add an earlier result to my total. It was 2-1 and 3-1

So, last match's results were:
Picks 2-2, Predictions 4-0
And my earlier match's results that I had forgotten to add were:
Picks 2-1, Predictions 3-1
Bringing my running totals to:
Picks 16-9, Predictions 25-7

C03
Saori Makishima @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai: <<沙織・バジーナ(槇島沙織)@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>
Squid Girl @ Squid Girl: <<イカ娘@侵略!!イカ娘>>
Kagami Hiiragi @ Miyakawa-ke No Kuufuku: <<柊かがみ@宮河家の空腹>>

C06
Erika Kurumi @ Heartcatch Pretty Cure!: <<来海えりか(キュアマリン)@プリキュアオールスターズNewStage2 こころのともだち>>
Niko Yazawa @ Love Live!: <<矢澤にこ@ラブライブ!>>
Nagahide Niwa @ Nobuna Oda's Ambition: <<丹羽長秀@織田信奈の野望>>

No pick

C09
Chiaki Minami @ Minami-ke: <<南千秋@みなみけ ただいま>>
Aoi Futaba @ Vividred Operation: <<二葉あおい@ビビッドレッド・オペレーション>>
Kyouko Sakura @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica: <<佐倉杏子@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>>

C12
Tsukushi Tsutsukakushi @ Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko: <<筒隠つくし@変態王子と笑わない猫。>>
Konatsu Miyamoto @ Tari Tari: <<宮本来夏@TARI TARI>>
Rikka Takanashi @ Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!: <<小鳥遊六花@中二病でも恋がしたい!>>
Old 2013-09-01, 09:32   Link #791
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Not exactly so. MadoMagi supporters have been consistently pumping votes for their girls, with fakes coming in, her advantage will be further extended. This doesn't work for a voter base who is consistent in supporting their girls so in the sense she's being helped to win RATHER than she was being attacked.
Fakes for who? MadoMagi or their opponents?

Quote:
I would. I don't mind Saki not winning IF any of my other girls can contend for the title. If it doesn't convince you, lets say the girl I want most to win Saimoe is Chitanda Eru. I'm okay with others winning as well, like you do.
Your sig says otherwise, bro. Change it or I'm not convinced.

Especially not since you barely mentioned her half as much as you mentioned Toki, let alone singled out any faction or character you wanted to win that wasn't Saki or Toki, respectively. Especially during this recent exchange of ours. Until I brought up this point.

Quote:
And pity votes is still considered as fakes because one voted for her out of pity that she didn't win 2011 Saimoe and NOT cos they are supporting her. Remove all of that and I think Nanoha would be at least 10 votes behind Homura, if not ahead of her.

Hence why from the start I said that MadoMagi is the threat to dominate this Saimoe cos the hate is currently at Saki. You see poor Toki getting snipe attempts(other Saki girls are getting sniped attempt too but that is the lesser of my concerns) while MadoMagi girls enjoy being snipe free.
at most*

But then, one can also argue that the hate wouldn't have existed had Saki not been that strong to begin with. Saki would at least be on MadoMagi's level, but not lower. And it could also be people like you that cause Saki to win in the end anyway.

Also, fake votes are not considered legit votes in general. Sympathy votes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Couldn't fake votes cut both ways?

Some here are saying that Homura was the "victim" of fake votes since it made it appear that she had more votes than what she had. But that could cut both ways.

Yes, it's possible that could lull Homura voters into a false sense of security, leading them to think she has it in the bag when really she doesn't. So some of her voters perhaps don't bother to vote when otherwise they'd be voting.

OTOH, it could also demoralize Nanoha voters and/or anti-Homura/PMMM snipers. If I'm a Nanoha voter and I see Homura up by 80 or more with a hour to go, I'd be tempted to simply say "the hell with it", thinking Nanoha doesn't have a chance. OTOH, if Homura is only up by 30 or less votes, I might think that it's reasonably close and one vote could actually make the difference, so I'm definitely voting.

So giving a character fake votes in an attempt to hurt her seems like a really double-edged sword to me. It could easily backfire. I think it's a risky and very questionable thing to do no matter what your aim is.
If I were a Nanoha fan and I saw Homura leading her by 80+ votes, I'd rally all Nanoha supporters to vote for Homura if they hadn't already, time left be damned.

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking. Those MadoMagi girls getting fake votes from what I see is mainly to deter those who are attempting to snipe them. I don't see them as getting attacked since the voter base supporting them is rather consistent in their voting.
No one is too strong to be sniped. Not especially with the reduced voter base here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Madoka's win today goes to show that the MadoMagi are still a serious force to be reckoned with, even after taking the crown two years ago. Further proof that I am mistaken to continue believing in the idea that winning it all detracts from the strength of a girl and her faction - it's an outdated belief that doesn't take into account the abysmally low number of votes at present. Though it served us well in the years past when the number of voters were still at a healthy level.

-snip-

I don't mind that you and iammaddood are not part of the MadoMagi faction, but when it comes down to it, I am just happy that Sayaka is finally getting more of the love and support that she deserves.
Oh dear god, not those coloured names again. I've seen too many of those in the Kuroko no Basuke threads on the Mangafox forum... never mind.

Somehow I feel that the reduced voter base is screwing up everybody's predictions. Oh wait, they already have.

And get my username right D:

Quote:
I'm specifically talking about those who have a large faction supporting them. Uiharu isn't one of them >.>

You see the MadoMagi girls are snipe free cos all the fakes does is deter those snipers out there. You see poor Toki getting sniped attempts(other Saki girls too but those aren't really my concern).
Wait, you're saying Saki's fanbase is smaller than MadoMagi's? Seriously?

Quote:
Eh. I DID. The moment I mentioned her first to imadooddood I did say the girl I want to win Saimoe most is her.
I think he meant that part.

About the part of your post I didn't quote, don't worry, if MadoMagi wins this year we'll all jump ship to Saki next year.

Quote:
LOL. I don't see why you gotta rage so hard. I know you're mad for me talking about your favorite faction but please control yourself.

Picture voting at least still stick to Saimoe's meaning while I feel that those votes doesn't. Like I say everyone's definition of moe is different. I just feel that pity votes doesn't stick to the motto of Saimoe that's all.
Exactly. So why should you rage about how others define moe at all? Even if they don't follow your definition of moe?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
P.S. This tournament still exists? How many people are voting? 12?
A few hundred. Count the total votes yourself. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I am not mad but I strongly disagree with you. The most common definition of moe is "the desire to protect the girl", so I think that feeling pity for Homura's situation is perfectly in the spirit of the thing. If anything, it's the "anti" votes which are against the spirit of Saimoe...
Quote:
Nah I doubt so. Like I say, everyone's view on what moe differs but dissecting the kanji it's not what your definition means at least. Sure, feelings does exist but moe is definitely not commonly about protecting the girl you like.
Wikipedia page. Interpretation is up to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
I told you Shinka was the hidden ace! I told you she was the real deal. At least I can take comfort in knowing I made at least one good prediction.
And I believed you.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:36   Link #792
ion475
にこにこにー

Result...

Spoiler for Day 9:

3-1 day brings me to 30-6 at the end of Group C. I really need to stop thinking that Minami-ke is even capable of upsetting girls like they did way back...

Rikka, Niko, and Ika-chan take care of business, while as hard as people try to use Aoi to knock Kyouko out here, Aoi is just not strong at all to start with...

Onto Group D. The matchup are not all that interesting today, so we'll see whether we even get 300 votes. Oh well, the Saki madness of Group D starting tomorrow (Although I'm 100% sure D03 will pissed me off just b/c it involved my most behated Saki girl and one of my personal favorite in Rika)
D01: Pick: Harapan, Predict: Kotori. All 4 are very average with Yui finishing ahead of Suzuno in 1st Prelim Group 1 while Kotori is ahead of Manami in 1st Prelim Group 4. Since it's hard to tell whether Manami got a boost or not, I'll just give the group to Kotori.
D04: Pick: Inaban, Predict: Hanayo. Another weak group. Hanayo is the weakest "main" LL girl, but HS DxD is never impressive in AST. Inaban? Oh well, people forget about her already...
D07: Pick/Predict: Shibuya Takami. Only b/c Saki is usually the safe bet in an ultra weak group.
D10: Pick/Predict: Touka. The only group of today that is at least decent. Touka v. Misaki is interesting only b/c I would say they're equally average in strength.

Last edited by ion475; 2013-09-01 at 09:53.
Old 2013-09-01, 09:41   Link #793
iamadooddood
NOM.

Oh dear, Rikka stomped her opponents.

Could this be Chuu2's year?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:09   Link #794
Team Rocket Elite

Once again things went as expected. None of the winners were all that close to losing. Ika Musume, Niko, Kyouko and Rikka all won easily. If Sayaka wins, Madoka will tie the Saki streak with 27 consecutive wins.

Matches: D01 D04 D07 D10

D01 has a bunch of midcarders taking the stage. Kotori looked to have the strongest preliminary performance of the four so I have her winning. Everyone in D04 has a chance of losing to everyone in D01. Asia got in through first preliminaries so I expect her to win. I would have had Takami winning the third match but Saki hasn't looked very good. Yuka has a very good chance to win the match. Shokuhou Misaka looked good in preliminaries but I think that's because she was in the same group as Misaka Mikoto. I haven't seen the Index movie but she's cited as being from Railgun and has around 3 minutes of screentime total. I'm calling a Touka victory here.

Votes:
Kotegawa Yui
Asia Argento
Uchida Yuka
Yatogami Tooka

Predictions:
Minami Kotori
Asia Argento
Uchida Yuka
Yatogami Tooka
Old 2013-09-01, 10:17   Link #795
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Guesses...
Kotori, Takami, Asia, and Misaki
Old 2013-09-01, 10:42   Link #796
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Fakes for who? MadoMagi or their opponents?
Mado. I thought others already have said it but anyway, I don't wanna talk about it anymore. >.>

Quote:
Your sig says otherwise, bro. Change it or I'm not convinced.

Especially not since you barely mentioned her half as much as you mentioned Toki, let alone singled out any faction or character you wanted to win that wasn't Saki or Toki, respectively. Especially during this recent exchange of ours. Until I brought up this point.
No. My sig is all along ABM, you're the one who said I was NBS instead. Besides I did give enough proof to Coldlight. It's up to you to believe me or not. ISML tourney started way earlier that AST and look at how much support I gave to Eru >.> I don't want to turn spam this thread with my love for Eru and besides, so many times I've been asking people to vote for Eru last time in some irc too.

If you still cannot believe me I have nothing to say. It's just a pity she face Sayaka in the same block. What can I do about it? NOTHING.

Quote:
at most*

But then, one can also argue that the hate wouldn't have existed had Saki not been that strong to begin with. Saki would at least be on MadoMagi's level, but not lower. And it could also be people like you that cause Saki to win in the end anyway.

Also, fake votes are not considered legit votes in general. Sympathy votes are.
Mado is also that strong, you can't argue at this point of time no one even bothered to snipe others except for Homu either they couldn't be bothered or their faction size is just so huge that it's considered a slight dent to them.

Well but to me it still go against the practice of Saimoe.

Quote:
No one is too strong to be sniped. Not especially with the reduced voter base here.
Not if one's voter base is HUMONGOUS enough to fill up like 3/4 of the whole vote total.

Quote:
Wait, you're saying Saki's fanbase is smaller than MadoMagi's? Seriously?
Yes. Take a look at the results so far. IF Mado is also being sniped, I'm implying that. Otherwise my statement is invalid AND people are only sniping Saki. Only 2 ways to see it.

Heck even my previous point can come into theory: Saki voter base are just too volatile, hence susceptible to snipe attempts.

Quote:
I think he meant that part.

About the part of your post I didn't quote, don't worry, if MadoMagi wins this year we'll all jump ship to Saki next year.
I don't care anyways but it's a bit annoying to assume I'm specifically targeting Sayaka JUST BECAUSE ERU IS IN THE SAME BLOCK AS HER.

I mean come on, I was shell-shocked when Coldlight said it was a bad attempt to provoke him when in the first place I have no intention to. I just forgot she's drawn with Sayaka. So what are you trying to tell me? I can't support Eru just because she's in the same block as Sayaka? Heck, even if Eru is in the same block as Toki I'll still support her. It's just that I see absolutely NO CHANCE for Eru to win hence I didn't specifically state it in my sig or whatsoever(I only started to show my support when you gone too far and said I was NBS). There is just NO WAY Eru is gonna able to overthrow Mado AND Saki + whoever out there capable winning the tourney. Even then, I'll continue to support her.

Bear in mind though, I have always supported Eru no matter what tourney she's in. I did that in ISML and I don't see why I can't do it here too. Even in ISML her chance of winning is nil yet I still support her even if she's up against top seeds girls like Mashiro/Ruri/Kanade etc...

I just felt insulted that I couldn't support my favorite girl just because she's drawn into a group that has more supporters. I didn't insult your girl at all so I hope you'll leave mine alone. Already stated a few times that I'm indeed supporting her and not to pick a fight and yet people still don't believe? It's just absurd.

Quote:
Exactly. So why should you rage about how others define moe at all? Even if they don't follow your definition of moe?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
I didn't. First I was stating my opinion then the dude started raging(look at the tonality of my post and his post). It's as if like freedom of speech is not allowed on the internet and I can't state my opinion. It's not like I'm pointing a gun at everyone and say this is what I feel about moe and everyone should listen. People can choose to disagree with me. I got to admit that I didn't really know what fake votes were so I raged but after TRE's explanation, I understood and state my opinion that I feel that pity votes should not be considered too etc...then afterwards that dude started to rage. I mean it's not like I say it couldn't be counted cos I hate that girl etc. This is Saimoe so my reasoning got to do with what I feel Saimoe is all about - which essentially is about perception of moe.

As ironic as it sounds, as I indeed said before that everyone's definition of moe is different, you didn't see me rage like a barbarian at anyone when they state their opinion about moe. Sure we do argue quite a bit but I see it as an exchange of viewpoints and pointers since this is a forum. Everyone is entitled to say what moe is to them and if we find it unable to comprehend, we talk it out. Ultimately solutions in the end is always to respect other's viewpoints of what moe is or accept their reasoning or convince them(if one managed to do it of course) which I have been doing no?

My votes for today!

<<南ことり@ラブライブ!>>
<<アーシア・アルジェント@ハイスクールD×D>>
<<渋谷尭深@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<夜刀神十香@デート・ア・ライブ>>

Damn! Couldn't decide to vote for Suzuno or Kotori T.T

End up I went for Kotori. Poor Suzuno.

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2013-09-01 at 10:52.
Old 2013-09-01, 10:55   Link #797
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

4/4 on prediction making it 34-2 Niko-Erika match was bittersweet.

Prediction- Kotori, Hanayo, Misaki, Regina (well the other 2 are just background characters while Regi is the top gun of her series)
Picks- Kotori, Hanayo, Touka, Regina
Old 2013-09-01, 11:18   Link #798
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Nice to see a Love Live! girl win, and win big!

I have no pretensions that Love Live! can be a major player in this, but it's still good to see them do decently well at least.

Good to see Kyouko win, though it was expected.

Squid Girl has retained more of her 2011 strength-level than I had expected. I now honestly wonder if she might defeat Mori Sommer in the next round.

Rikka remains a slight favorite to win her block, as she made clear with her strong performance in the opening round.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:19   Link #799
zato_1one

Quote:
No. My sig is all along ABM, you're the one who said I was NBS instead. Besides I did give enough proof to Coldlight. It's up to you to believe me or not. ISML tourney started way earlier that AST and look at how much support I gave to Eru >.> I don't want to turn spam this thread with my love for Eru and besides, so many times I've been asking people to vote for Eru last time in some irc too.
Well, I think that mentioning about ISML is not a legit reason to prove that you prefer Eru to win more than Toki. Because ISML doesn't have Toki or any Saki girls in the main round. So, it's possible to think that you may ask people to vote for Toki in ISML too if she is in the tournament. In this AST, it has both Eru and Toki but you actually show your support for Toki in your sig instead. That's why it's hard to believe that you prefer Eru over Toki. Just my 2 cents.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:57   Link #800
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Kyouko keeps the streak alive. Not that her win was unexpected, but it's reassuring to me that the PMMM girls are still very, very much capable. Now, only Sayaka's awaited performance remains to keep the girls complete for Round 2...
Quote:
Oh dear god, not those coloured names again. I've seen too many of those in the Kuroko no Basuke threads on the Mangafox forum... never mind.
I don't always use colours for each and every character name and for every occasion... usually only for important picks; but you are still guaranteed to see more of this here (as you can see I'm not the only one doing this).
Quote:
Somehow I feel that the reduced voter base is screwing up everybody's predictions. Oh wait, they already have.
The abnormally low number of voters really threw out some of the "knowledge" from past Saimoe tourneys out of the window... like the belief that past winner factions become weaker the year after; and faction vote splits in a 3-way match don't seem to be as unpredictable anymore... someone will usually get "thrown under the bus"/sacrificed in the match so the faction's other bet can move forward.
Quote:
And get my username right D:
Well, sorry about that, iamadooddood. You haven't posted in a while, so I couldn't get a hold of your username... believe me, it was unintentional.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament