AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 14:43   Link #201
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sozo View Post
I've pretty much given up hope of One Outs having a 2nd season. The extreme lack of interest in it even being fan subbed says it all.

I've also given up on ever getting the last two eps. fan subbed. If by any slight chance it does have a second season I sure hope a more capable team picks it up.
hey now im annoyed by the missing two eps just as much as you, but dissing all their work up to ep 23 becaus eo fthat is wrong.

someone seems to have released ep 24, by the way.

Last edited by karumofin; 2009-06-05 at 19:39.
Old 2009-06-05, 18:38   Link #202
Lostdreams

Another 2 months before 25 is out?
Old 2009-06-07, 05:25   Link #203
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I wouldn't say the fansubbers' lack of effort means the actual lack of interest. When the guys were releasing the fansubs weekly, it did 1000 seeds, easily. It's a cool show to watch and since Madhouse seems hellbent on releasing some shows as they go on (like Kaiji), maybe we might see the continuation.

Though I still want to see Claymore's recent chapters instead of Madhouse ending it anime-original style.
Old 2009-06-07, 05:31   Link #204
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sozo View Post
I've pretty much given up hope of One Outs having a 2nd season. The extreme lack of interest in it even being fan subbed says it all.

I've also given up on ever getting the last two eps. fan subbed. If by any slight chance it does have a second season I sure hope a more capable team picks it up.
Uh, did you know that Major is more popular than Naruto? And have you seen that beeing very hot for the English fansubbers...?
Old 2009-06-09, 10:20   Link #205
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Uh, did you know that Major is more popular than Naruto? And have you seen that beeing very hot for the English fansubbers...?
Major isn't more popular than Naruto worldwide.
Old 2009-06-09, 13:10   Link #206
exquisitesamurai

Just finished episode 24 and 25 subbed and pleaseeeee, pleaseeee let there be a season 2. One Outs was one of my most anticipated animes during the season and it definitely saddened me to see there is a lack of interest for this anime. Such a brilliant, (albiet ridiculous at times) deep, and just simply awesome anime.
Old 2009-06-09, 15:45   Link #207
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I don't think there was a lack of interest but rather a lack of attention.
Old 2009-06-11, 08:15   Link #208
karumofin

yay, theyre out!
Old 2009-06-14, 02:48   Link #209
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Finally finished up the series and I must say... it was quite the thrilling ride. I haven't seen a series that worked up the game theory angle so well and as an amateur game theorist, this series had me enjoying the interplay between Tokuchi and Tokuchi's opponents who thought one step behind Tokuchi, which made all the difference. I could watch Tokuchi try to outsmart owner all day and be satisfied.

That said, the last episode was a little... strange. I thought Ideguchi's response to a certain revelation to be a bit too... genuine, given the reveal that comes a bit later. I don't know if he was that good an actor, but he sure convinced me.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:45   Link #210
karumofin

yeah it was a nice series overall, but to me it still felt more like a snack to keep me from starving until kaiji comes back.
Old 2009-06-15, 05:12   Link #211
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, hate to admit it but Kaiji is like the real event so far.

Akagi was great, but it was too Mahjong-oriented and the main character was just simply too godly. He barely seemed even human.

Kaiji is great too, though he's a bit too much of a loser on one hand. Makes for underdog moments, but still. He literally calls himself a human trash more than a few times.

While Tokuchi is sort of like a somewhat more vulnerable version of Akagi.

I just loved how they showed the uglier side of professional sports head on like that. I mean, even worse things have happened in real life too, as far as sports/baseball cheating is concerned.
Old 2009-06-19, 00:27   Link #212
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You know, after watching the series for so long and with the lack of female involvement, it really did strike me odd how there was no scenes one can interpret as yaoi.

And then the last episode comes in, with the biggest 'can be interpreted as a Yaoi moment' scene I've seen in recent memory. Guess I spoke too soon lol. XD

Not that it makes the show any less great, mind you. I'm a shipper through and through, and I actually watched through this from beginning to end despite not having an ounce of romance, so that's really saying something.
Old 2009-06-19, 12:15   Link #213
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You know, after watching the series for so long and with the lack of female involvement, it really did strike me odd how there was no scenes one can interpret as yaoi.

And then the last episode comes in, with the biggest 'can be interpreted as a Yaoi moment' scene I've seen in recent memory. Guess I spoke too soon lol. XD

Not that it makes the show any less great, mind you. I'm a shipper through and through, and I actually watched through this from beginning to end despite not having an ounce of romance, so that's really saying something.
I'm surprised Tokuchi isn't a pimp who's banging different chicks every night. I thought they would show something like that to show how awesome Tokuchi is.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:05   Link #214
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I thought they would show something like that to show how awesome Tokuchi is.
Must be his weakness.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:13   Link #215
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

OMFG just finished watching this.... what an Awesome series! The only thing I didn't like was that they left us wanting to see the games towards the championship but I think they are saving that material for season 2...
Closed Thread

Tags
gambling, seinen, sports