AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 23:44   Link #1441
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Also considering that Hina thinks that "Hayate's ex-girlfriend" is evil I don't think she would be laughing when thinking about "Tennosu-san" (I have no idea how to spell it properly.)
But that's exactly what bothers me.

- Hina knows about Athena.
- Hina more than likely wasn't aware that Hayate's ex-girlfriend was Athena judging by her reaction.
- Hayate has not mentioned Athena to Hina aside from the chapter 87 bit.
- But Hina seems to know that Hayate also knows Athena. At least, that's what I get from the last panel in 231.

How does Hina know about the last point, without knowing that Hayate and Athena were a thing? Especially considering that Hayate hasn't said Athena's name at all to Hina.

I think I'm just confusing myself and the solution is going to be something so mundanely simple like Athena went to Hakuou or something. Then Athena dropped out because she was aiming to be the Student Council President but Hina got to it first.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 00:38   Link #1442
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
How does Hina know about the last point, without knowing that Hayate and Athena were a thing? Especially considering that Hayate hasn't said Athena's name at all to Hina.
If you have read spoilers I posted like three pages ago:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Didn't Hata say in his blog that Nagi's father (the guy with Yukariko in chapter 208), despite his resemblance to Hayate, wasn't Hayate?

A poor translation:
"Nagi's father first appearance.
He somehow resembles Hayate, but that's not Hayate."

Well, there's a question mark at the end of the Japanese text, but it doesn't really make much sense.

Hopefully, someone will be able to make a better translation of it.

Ah, well, this proves that people don't read what I write. I thought I mentioned that Hata said though Nagi's dad looks like Hayate, he isn't.

Anyways, Hayate never mentioned the name A-tan to anyone. You can count on me. Really.

Anyways, nothing special from this week's Hata's diary. He said that he's been dying from doing color works of volume 20 and chapter 233(it seems that the first three pages will be colored). He said he'll say everything he needs to say next week.

Am I the only one who thinks that Athena will appear at the end of 232, and that's the reason why the first three pages of 233 will be in color? Or is it because volume 20 is coming out?

Last edited by primuler; 2009-07-08 at 00:50.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 00:49   Link #1443
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Ah, well, this proves that people don't read what I write. I thought I mentioned that Hata said though Nagi's dad looks like Hayate, he isn't.
I actually remembered you posted that, and then looked for it on Hata's blog. However, for some reason, I got the impression you may have forgotten about that quote.

Hata made it sound as it is just coincidence, but I wonder how much of a coincidence it is. I'm still sticking to the chances of that guy being Hayate's brother.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:11   Link #1444
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I actually remembered you posted that, and then looked for it on Hata's blog. However, for some reason, I got the impression you may have forgotten about that quote.

Hata made it sound as it is just coincidence, but I wonder how much of a coincidence it is. I'm still sticking to the chances of that guy being Hayate's brother.
You know, Hayate's brother was wearing school uniform when he first appeared. And Nagi is supposed to be like 2 years old at that time. And Nagi's parents are supposed to be dead. Hata's character profile doesn't lie. And you've seen how Hayate's brother looked like in sillouette. And his hair was definitely black.
Old 2009-07-08, 03:41   Link #1445
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
But that's exactly what bothers me.

- Hina knows about Athena.
- Hina more than likely wasn't aware that Hayate's ex-girlfriend was Athena judging by her reaction.
- Hayate has not mentioned Athena to Hina aside from the chapter 87 bit.
- But Hina seems to know that Hayate also knows Athena. At least, that's what I get from the last panel in 231.

I won't worry about this, it adds more suspense at the moment of truth. At least, that's the way I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why am I have the feeling that Hayate's parent is the final villain?
Good point, hmmm, the other possible candidate should obviously be Mikado, since he's a mystery of his own and have lots of sneaky tactics under his sleeve. But until we have seen what his actual deeds are and his motives I currently consider Hayate's Parents to be the most evil and heartless people in the series.

Quote:
Ah, well, this proves that people don't read what I write.
Well I guess some people just free to have their own opinions and speculate right? Afterwards they usually get disappointed because it didn't go their way, so I think it's alright, that teaches them for not reading your posts.
Old 2009-07-08, 03:49   Link #1446
Trans-Fat

I have bad memory, and I failed at history, and I was wondering if people here can help me.

Hinagiku's parents left her and her sister 10 yrs prior to the storyline right (when Hina was 6 yrs old).
10 yrs ago was also when Hayate met Athena; also when Hakkou academy was started to be built.
Are there any other events that occured 10 years prior to the storyline?
How far back in time did Hayate jump back in time to meet mini-Nagi, and Sonya's father?
How many people are missing? Hina's parents, Hayate's parent, Himegami, Athena. And how likely are they all interconnected?

Hinagiku is a strong person and some people like to relate her with Hayate (strong, acts opposite their gender, similar childhood). Like Hayate, after her parents left her (and her sister), how likely would Hina have met up with Athena? And how likely would Athena brought Hina in and trained Hina (like hayate) before Athena met Hayate?

Are the pieces of stone suppose to be a puzzle, whereas if you can bring them all together, something special unlocks (like the millenium puzzle from Yugioh. sorry that is all I can remember now)? Perhaps about the mysteries of the story? I just feels that everything that is going on revolves around 10 years prior to the storyline.
Trans-Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 15:08   Link #1447
Used Can

Quote:
You know, Hayate's brother was wearing school uniform when he first appeared. And Nagi is supposed to be like 2 years old at that time. And Nagi's parents are supposed to be dead. Hata's character profile doesn't lie. And you've seen how Hayate's brother looked like in sillouette. And his hair was definitely black.
I don't think the school uniform is that much of a problem. Assuming Nagi's father was 15-16 in the picture shown in chapter 208, then it wouldn't be odd if Hayate's brother was 17-18 in chapter 187.

Regarding Nagi's parents being dead. I know that much. However, I just find it terribly suspicious we've never had a clear shot of Nagi's father, and when we get to see him, he happens to resemble Hayate a lot. Then, there's also the fact that Hayate's brother and Yukariko met in chapter 187, which obviously could have been just a coincidence, but what a coincidence that is.

I don't think the hair colour is actually a major problem. As you said yourself before, he could easily have dyed it.

Honestly, I don't think this idea has many chances to actually be correct, but I personally think it'd bring an interesting turn of events. That's what I'd like to stick to it.
Old 2009-07-09, 05:03   Link #1448
primuler
Love For 3D

I read the prototype of Hayate no Gotoku! today. It was quite interesting. For those who don't know, Hayate series was put on stop for about a year because there was a problem with a parody in the first chapter. Hata had to start with new first chapter. The prototype series had different settings, and probably different storyline.
Spoiler for comments:
Old 2009-07-09, 05:56   Link #1449
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-Fat View Post
Hinagiku's parents left her and her sister 10 yrs prior to the storyline right (when Hina was 6 yrs old).
10 yrs ago was also when Hayate met Athena; also when Hakkou academy was started to be built.
Are there any other events that occured 10 years prior to the storyline?
For a person who has a bad memory I think you've already done very well remembering all those details far back in the story. I'll help you out. Well in the time 10 years before the story I can remember Hayate saving Izumi from the wild beast in the forest near A-tan's royal garden. After Hayate and A-tan's fight Hakuo academy started being built on the Royal Garden. Well I guess that's all I remember now, guess I also have a memory problem.

Quote:
How far back in time did Hayate jump back in time to meet mini-Nagi, and Sonya's father?
How many people are missing? Hina's parents, Hayate's parent, Himegami, Athena. And how likely are they all interconnected?
In that part Nagi was 6, 7 years prior to the present time in the series (Or if I'm wrong, please correct me). So far I can only speculate about the missing people, with Athena and Himegami both being kicked out from their place because of the gem.

And I just think Hayate and Hina's Parents are same the trash, but different trashcan who don't deserve to live in my book.

Quote:
Hinagiku is a strong person and some people like to relate her with Hayate (strong, acts opposite their gender, similar childhood). Like Hayate, after her parents left her (and her sister), how likely would Hina have met up with Athena? And how likely would Athena brought Hina in and trained Hina (like hayate) before Athena met Hayate?
Most unlikely, Hina has the care of her loving older sister and most likely never leave her side, despite the same harsh treatment from her parents as with Hayate, but didn't have the same love and care of Yukiji to Hina. So Hayate was still the less fortunate between the two. But that unfortune was taken back by his encounter with Athena, so if it were Hina who meets Athena in the Garden and not Hayate, then I see Hayate running to a very far and random place and then be caught by the Yakuza. Then he will be sent to his doom, game over and unexpected end of series.

Quote:
Are the pieces of stone suppose to be a puzzle, whereas if you can bring them all together, something special unlocks (like the millenium puzzle from Yugioh. sorry that is all I can remember now)? Perhaps about the mysteries of the story? I just feels that everything that is going on revolves around 10 years prior to the storyline.
Yes perhaps they do, Mikado has chosen people to wear a gem and most likely he has reasons why.

Quote:
This proves one thing though. The misunderstanding between Nagi and Hayate isn't really important.
I also think it's there for comedic purposes, and it's obviously not fit for a dramatic scene.
Old 2009-07-09, 06:48   Link #1450
primuler
Love For 3D

Reading chapter 231, I found the reason why Hayate doesn't ask Nagi about Himegami

Spoiler:

And... bringing up some old topic...
I still somehow think that Hayate knew Maria before he met her in the first volume. I mean, that mirror in Royal garden is supposed to show 'the person that user knows only' and you have to call that person's name out to see that person. Hayate called out A-tan and it showed Maria. The thing is, how? For a while, maybe young Maria appeared in the corner of the page or something in the time-travel arc, so that's why young Hayate was able to see Maria, but there was no trace of Maria anywhere. What's more, that incident happened later than Royal Garden thing too. So there might be something else to be revealed about Maria's and Hayate's past. (Along with the reason why young Hayate had suspicious injuries all over his body, which he said 'I fall over a lot')

Spoiler for Some of Primuler's wildest speculation:
Old 2009-07-09, 07:27   Link #1451
leoblack9

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hayate's same attitude that gets him to trouble at anytime, anywhere. A wise decision for him I might say. Though I see something similar in another point of view, stuff like: "he can always be as/be more popular than Hina but didn't because he doesn't want to steal her spotlight as it might damage her image" and more of stuff like that.

Quote:
I congratulate you for having such wilder and more creative speculations than what I normally deliver. But still, If Hayate actually met Maria before then he should normally say "Hey! That's ___!!!" not the "Hey, who's that cute girl?" and he asked A-tan if she knows her so that proves that Hayate has no clue about who he is seeing.

And the Magic Mirror shows a reflection about a person that the user knows, the user was A-tan in that chapter so Hayate surely doesn't know who's in the mirror, since this is his actual first time with upper-class people, which Maria seems to be since after her adoption, and she was 7 at that time.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:26   Link #1452
Cylf

Quote:
I read the prototype of Hayate no Gotoku! today. It was quite interesting. For those who don't know, Hayate series was put on stop for about a year because there was a problem with a parody in the first chapter. Hata had to start with new first chapter. The prototype series had different settings, and probably different storyline.
Spoiler for comments:
wait is number 10 true or is this list part speculation? and how does nagu feel about this, and do we have any proof hayate does? cause it can be said he loves any number of the girls at different points in the story..

Also,
Spoiler for hmm about what hata said:
Cylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 19:40   Link #1453
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylf View Post
Also,
Spoiler for hmm about what hata said:
He's never said anything like that.
Old 2009-07-09, 22:25   Link #1454
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Well, it looks as though a showdown between nagi and athena will take place and Hayate will have to choose between them.

I don't think there is any doubt who he will choose.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:23   Link #1455
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Well, it looks as though a showdown between nagi and athena will take place and Hayate will have to choose between them.

I don't think there is any doubt who he will choose.
He will choose.. Maria!! (Nah just wishful thinking..) Yeah it's a no brainer for him, but unless he doesn't want to be pummeled by a group of vicious and rejected girls I say he should just be indecisive.
Old 2009-07-10, 09:00   Link #1456
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just be glad they aren't adding anymore girls to his harem. As for Wataru...
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 09:06   Link #1457
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

----tte, so Maria is Athena's lost sister ? o.o;
I just thought of that, and. . does it really possible ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 10:15   Link #1458
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:

you could see images of the past if you could overcome speed of light, witnessing those events as the afterimage created by the light remain, though that is not possible, since light´s made of fotons, which are basically a close to nonexistent mass of matter.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:03   Link #1459
Fandal

The expectations for Athena is very very very very high. I hope Hatta can meet, no, completely beat it.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 22:20   Link #1460
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Just be glad they aren't adding anymore girls to his harem. As for Wataru...
Seriously.

I wish Hata would take some out from Hayate's harem. Namely: Nagi, Maria, Hinagiku, Athena (?), and Isumi (?). I'd be happy if all he really had was Ayumu, Segawa and Segawa.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen