Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 17:06   Link #61
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Anyone want to take bets on whether this series comes to a shocking conclusion?
That depends on what you mean... Though looking at that friendly smiley in your post I'd rather not...
Old 2007-07-18, 19:15   Link #62
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea after episode 2 im sold on the show. I already like every character and the show has a nice pace...Not really slow, but just right id say.

Someones really gotta school that boy on how to talk to women though.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:41   Link #63
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, going through the first two episodes, I'll just have to say this...
SCIENCE

Well, off to a slow start, but I'm still very much interested in this. Mostly because of Chinami - heck, it IS all aboot her, ain't it?
I thought the opening was misleading - I was expecting something along the lines of ROD.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 07:42   Link #64
jtrog

The first two shows are precious. Suspense and getting the view to like the main character for reasons other than extreme fighting ability or looks. Half way into the 1st show the opening segment of it was already forgotten (scene at the lake) from being drawn into what was happening with Chinami.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 08:22   Link #65
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I like what I've seen so far but I fear Chinami's "problem" might take a backseat and turn into just a running gag for yet another love triangle or harem show. The signs are hardly to overlook.
Old 2007-07-19, 09:40   Link #66
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I like what I've seen so far but I fear Chinami's "problem" might take a backseat and turn into just a running gag for yet another love triangle or harem show. The signs are hardly to overlook.
oh gosh, i was engrossed in these science stuff that i conveniently set aside this dreadful possibilities. let's hope it doesn't go into that direction. the first post does not help either, labelling the show as romance and comedy (source?).

i will drop it immediately should such signs become obvious. it's still too early to tell though.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 11:35   Link #67
Mentorian
Matsuri

That Kannagi boy really needs to get a good trashing. I really wish Ebihara would have the guts to slap him right on his face either in the classroom, grocery, or during that street chase.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 12:32   Link #68
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Kannagi is not even interested in Ebihara, just the electromagnetic waves
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 12:47   Link #69
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

Who wouldn't like to have personal EMP cannon.
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 14:24   Link #70
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I think this series would have been so much better if this science loving guy was not such a total moron. His speeches about science are beyond cheesy.

And what was with the volleyball in ep.2? How high was their net if highschool girls could rise above it and slam the ball down with ease?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:27   Link #71
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Love triangle? Possibly...Harem? Dont really see how since you have a female lead and a lack of male characters to create a reverse harem.

I have a feeling once the blonde hair pair arrives in the story will get alittle more in-depth about what the storys going to be all about...Call it a hunch.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:21   Link #72
Joka

generic reactions
generic dialog
generic characters
generic everything...

boooring
Joka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:26   Link #73
Jaruromania

Show is okay so far for me. Although at the pace it's currently going, it'll really need to speed up rapidly to go anywhere.
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 23:47   Link #74
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
This hasn't been pointed out, but there's a MAJOR misleading translation error in episode 2 by Formula Sub:

デートー != データー

In 10:10, the sub says "Let me go out with your body". This is not correct. He's saying "Let me collect data from your body". This line is repeated once or twice in the episode, and can turn out to be truly misleading. The other lines about "going out" (付き合って欲しい) are more or less right (though I would've picked another translation for it), but they are far more casual and can mean other things like "hang around", "be with me", etcetera. The one I'm pointing out is definitely wrong.

Just so that people don't get confused.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 01:07   Link #75
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
He's saying "Let me collect data from your body".
He didn't actually finish his sentence, but yeah, it's definitely NOT "Let me go out with your body."
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 01:12   Link #76
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
He didn't actually finish his sentence, but yeah, it's definitely NOT "Let me go out with your body."
Yes, he actually does. 「僕に君の体のデーターを取らせて下さい」. In the example I quoted (10:10), he pauses a little and then goes on with the rest of the sentence. Go to 17:44 to see another example.

Old 2007-07-22, 08:09   Link #77
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
This hasn't been pointed out, but there's a MAJOR misleading translation error in episode 2 by Formula Sub:

デートー != データー

In 10:10, the sub says "Let me go out with your body". This is not correct. He's saying "Let me collect data from your body". This line is repeated once or twice in the episode, and can turn out to be truly misleading. The other lines about "going out" (付き合って欲しい) are more or less right (though I would've picked another translation for it), but they are far more casual and can mean other things like "hang around", "be with me", etcetera. The one I'm pointing out is definitely wrong.

Just so that people don't get confused.
Actually it has, you're just not looking at the point of origin where such a thing would get pointed out. You can read more here.
Old 2007-07-22, 12:13   Link #78
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Sorry, I'm just not used to wander around the fansubbers' sites, and my guess is that there are a lot of people who don't, either. I was only talking about it being not pointed out here in AS. No hard feelings

Old 2007-07-22, 13:12   Link #79
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Heh, perhaps it's even possible that the studio asked Kotaro's VA to say the line in an ambiguous way. Maybe Kotaro really meant "data," but Chinami hears "date" (or go out with, be with, hang out with, whatever). That, coupled with the fact that he's "interested in her body" (which Kotaro says out of the blue since he has zero social experience, apparently), causes her to freak out and run from him, as any normal person would.

Make sense?
Old 2007-07-22, 19:24   Link #80
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

The beauty of translation is being able to take a situation or expression of language in a different language or concept and creating a painting of words that convey those feelings and thoughts.
of course if something is actually written on the screen in plain text, you shouldnt mess that up

indeed, when dealing with comedy, parodies, and sarcasm there is always a hidden meaning or ambiguity, a reading between the lines, so to speak.

Small errors in a text should never be a hindrance to appreciating the overall beauty of a translation.

around time 10:10 is when chinami is opening up about her feelings of frustration that have surrounded her life. So the focus of what kotaro is saying will encompass those feelings and point toward her in the center.

it's so emotional. brings a tear to my eye.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote