AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-25, 02:45   Link #921
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL- View Post
Hm just for kicks, is there any reason why you guys are waiting for the XviD version?

Curiosity is killing me ^_^
for me, my japanese is not that great, so i cant rely on the raws much...my computer is probably worse than my japanese...a 1.7 ghz intel celeron processor with 352 mb sdram running on windows me...yeah an old computer that i built back since 2002...when i try to play mkv files even with the cccp, the video wont play correctly; it plays the sound but video slows down and sometimes doesnt play, almost like the video was scratched...most xvid videos play fine for me so i wait for and download the xvid files...oh and im also using old school 15" crt monitors so i cant tell much difference in quality between xvid and mkv files at all
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 03:18   Link #922
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Quote:
Hm just for kicks, is there any reason why you guys are waiting for the XviD version?

Curiosity is killing me ^_^
Actually I have no idea how does a h.264 video look like. I only know that it has a big resolution xD
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 03:28   Link #923
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
for me, my japanese is not that great, so i cant rely on the raws much...my computer is probably worse than my japanese...a 1.7 ghz intel celeron processor with 352 mb sdram running on windows me...yeah an old computer that i built back since 2002...when i try to play mkv files even with the cccp, the video wont play correctly; it plays the sound but video slows down and sometimes doesnt play, almost like the video was scratched...most xvid videos play fine for me so i wait for and download the xvid files...oh and im also using old school 15" crt monitors so i cant tell much difference in quality between xvid and mkv files at all
So you have tried the h264 version on your computer and it didn't play ok? Then that is an okay reason to wait for the XviD, since your current computer can not play it properly for some odd reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarn View Post
Actually I have no idea how does a h.264 video looks like. I only know that it has a big resolution xD
Not everything in h.264 is high resolution

Ours is 704x396. I suggest trying it out before isolating yourself to the XviD version, if you are also wary of filesizes, the h264 version is smaller as well.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 03:35   Link #924
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Quote:

Not everything in h.264 is high resolution

Ours is 704x396. I suggest trying it out before isolating yourself to the XviD version, if you are also wary of filesizes, the h264 version is smaller as well.
Well it got my curiosity. D/ling now
Old 2007-07-25, 03:58   Link #925
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
This thread is too long for me to go back and read everything, so I'm sorry if it's ben asked before. But... what's the reason for the series' popularity here? I have never came across any protaganist nearly as bad as Makoto. Does he have ANY redeeming qualities... at all? I've watched a few animes where I can't stand the main character(Takayuiki of KGNE comes to mind...), but Makoto is in a league by himself.
More than half of the discussions are about if the anime would follow the game (which is now banned from continued discussions) and lots of the remaining discussions are about comparing this to other H-game anime and such. Now that we can't discuss the game anymore, new posts will be more focused on the anime itself.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 05:50   Link #926
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Well nothing much to say about this episode. Just when I thought the distance between Makoto and Katsura is getting lesser and lesser it actually got completely exaggerated. I mean, all what that guy had in his head is getting phsyical with Katsura, but when she goes ahead and kisses him on the cheek he freaks out and whines to Sekai on the phone later. This is plain dumb, but I wanna see what happens next and see whether Sekai is gonna act dumb this time again or not.

Oh and H.264 is nice! I think I'll replace my XviD versions now, lol
Old 2007-07-25, 05:52   Link #927
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Helping Hand

Actually I have some high expectations for the last 4 episodes. What shocking surprises are in store for us?

i don't think thefluff apporves of 704x396 Penalty!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 06:13   Link #928
Berserker V

I Gotta admit that last episode threw me for a loop at the very end it...it kinda makes Makoto out to be more of a bad guy when it seemed like they were trying to build him up in the opposite direction (as far as character development).
Berserker V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 06:26   Link #929
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
actually there is nothing wrong with it so far...as far as im concerned it is going "just as planned"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 06:27   Link #930
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

The mini-revelation at the end redeemed this episode quite a bit. It just would have been too much to swallow for us to see what we saw of Makoto and Katsura's relationship and then for the show to force us to swallow that they genuinely liked each other as I was half expecting it to. The end of this episode brings us back to something realistic and gives the (important) characters emotions that actually reflect what the show is trying to show us (which is good, since, up until this point, I was getting ready to blast the director for incompetence, but, as it's turned out, there was method to his madness).

As for the rest of this episode, I'm indifferent. The majority of it didn't add a great deal, and there wasn't much of it outside the final scene that was really meaningful. I still can't buy Sekai's crush on Makoto (it is obvious after all) without some sort of decent reason... I mean, the way she's seen him jerk Katsura around, I can't understand why she'd be attracted to him, unless she really likes fixer-upper jobs. Nonetheless, they need to explicitly say/show why. The fanservice continues to impress, though. Sekai's waitress outfit is so hot, it should be illegal!

Anyway, I guess I'm intrigued in seeing where this will go in the short term, but I still haven't seen much from this show that particularly grabs me.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 07:59   Link #931
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
I didn't take the ending of ep 3 as making Makoto out to be a bad guy now. I took it more along the lines of someone who is finally starting to see what the other person he's dating is really like. Remember that they only started going out cuz they would watch each other on the train. Other than that they didn't really know anything about each other. Now Matoko is seeing that he has to walk on egg shells all the time to keep from hurting Kotohona's feeling's and its starting to wear on him. Its like Sekai said, this is the irritating period where you start to get to know each other. That's what dating is, finding out if the two should be together. Also, his bumbling and stumbling through the beginning of this relationship is nothing that I wouldn't expect from a teenager going through it for the first time. Going from only thinking of yourself you entire life to all of a sudden having to think of someone else is difficult for the first time. So I'm not holding that stuff against him as long as he learns from it for the future. It was interesting to see that Sekai's friends already thought they were dating because of their recent closeness. Things sure are getting interesting.
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:11   Link #932
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Well after watching episode 3, it looks like it's going to start and get interesting from here on. And wow Kokoro looks so much like Sekai, at 1st I thought that Makoto called the wrong number
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:15   Link #933
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123
I took it more along the lines of someone who is finally starting to see what the other person he's dating is really like.
What she's really like?

Spoiler:
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:27   Link #934
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
My point was mostly just that he didn't really know much about her and now it almost seems to be second guessing things. Either that or he's tired from playing with her sister :P
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:38   Link #935
DanielSong39

Subforum is overdue

Without question, one of the talked-about shows of the Summer season. Discussion is rampant and all over the map (some are discussing the subs while others are discussing the raws); and several people wish to compare the direction of the anime with future game events (currently not allowed).

All the pieces are certainly there; just waiting for the moderators to get in gear... I'm sure they'll eventually do the right thing, but need to remind myself to be more patient in the meantime.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:43   Link #936
Nifft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
I didn't take the ending of ep 3 as making Makoto out to be a bad guy now. I took it more along the lines of someone who is finally starting to see what the other person he's dating is really like.
True, it's more a sign that Makoto is getting a taste of maturity -- getting a tiny hint of what it's like to think about someone other than himself. He's not used to it, so it's exhausting, because he has to do everything consciously. It's nice that he's showing some emotional growth.

None the less, he's a damn pratt, I want a bad end, and Makoto needs to die messy.
Nifft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 12:52   Link #937
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

wat is shool days ??? im sorry im a NOOB TT-TT
RogueUNSC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:00   Link #938
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
True, it's more a sign that Makoto is getting a taste of maturity -- getting a tiny hint of what it's like to think about someone other than himself. He's not used to it, so it's exhausting, because he has to do everything consciously. It's nice that he's showing some emotional growth.

None the less, he's a damn pratt, I want a bad end, and Makoto needs to die messy.
You are quite vicious. And if you want a messy makato death then it will be an anime original.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:22   Link #939
Chewy

Oh my god Episode 4 was so painful to watch...

Spoiler for Ep4:

To those who thought Sekai was a selfless saint for helping Makoto and Kotonoha get together, I'd like to hear what you think now ..

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-07-25 at 13:44. Reason: addition
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 13:25   Link #940
Nifft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
You are quite vicious. And if you want a messy makato death then it will be an anime original.
Originality can be a wonderful thing.
Nifft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere