AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-08, 13:30   Link #521
Narumi
*Fansubber

The Eternal Sonata demo has been out in the US/Canada marketplace, for anyone here who hasn't downloaded it before.

And if the English audio scares anyone, there'll be an option to switch over to the Japanese for Hirano goodness.
Old 2007-08-13, 00:54   Link #522
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Bioshock Demo Out Now!!!

NEED MORE PEOPLE TO CRASH SERVER!!!
Old 2007-08-14, 07:16   Link #523
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

Start rolling your balls!
Katamari Demo should be out. I have not checked the marketplace yet cause I am at work.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 13:26   Link #524
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom View Post
Start rolling your balls!
Katamari Demo should be out. I have not checked the marketplace yet cause I am at work.
It is...500megas or so.

Also For those who do not know

StrangleHold Demo is out also(John Woo Game)...Might I add the PS3 version supposedly was delayed to a much later time instead of the two weeks, So only PC and 360 versions will be out.(Uncomfirmed)

And for those who do not know the games comming out in the next few weeks
Madden 08(Considered the best one in quite a while)
Stranglehold(John Woos game...Think Max Payne just not as good lol but still quite fun)
Blue Dragon(First big JRPG on next gen...Pretty much a next gen dragon quest)
BIOSHOCK!!! Game of the year...Yes ^_^
Old 2007-08-15, 20:55   Link #525
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

So I got a new 360 yesterday and got the 3 rings of death 2 times already. It seems to happen only when I haven't turned on the console for a few hours. Luckily it worked every time I restarted the console after that, so I've just been turning it on and off sporadically to see if I get any more red lights and I haven't seen one since. Maybe it needs to be broken in or something.

Now is this red light thing something that gets worse and worse over time, or is it usually a you get it once and you're screwed affair for most people? I can deal with random RRODs as long as it doesn't get worse with time. I should exchange it soon, but I'd rather wait until after I'm done with Bioshock before going through that hassle.
Rotton the Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 23:44   Link #526
matt4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton the Wizard View Post
So I got a new 360 yesterday and got the 3 rings of death 2 times already. It seems to happen only when I haven't turned on the console for a few hours. Luckily it worked every time I restarted the console after that, so I've just been turning it on and off sporadically to see if I get any more red lights and I haven't seen one since. Maybe it needs to be broken in or something.

Now is this red light thing something that gets worse and worse over time, or is it usually a you get it once and you're screwed affair for most people? I can deal with random RRODs as long as it doesn't get worse with time. I should exchange it soon, but I'd rather wait until after I'm done with Bioshock before going through that hassle.
trade it in now or u will pay for it later. the red lights of death mean overheating, could be ventilation problem, or a hardware problem(most likely the case) u could send it to M$ for a repair, but if u just got it a couple days ago return it for a new at the store u got it at.

Last edited by matt4212; 2007-08-16 at 00:47.
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 01:56   Link #527
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

You're right. I thought that systems have a 30 day return policy, but I looked at my gamestop receipt and it's only 7. Looks like I'm going to have to plunk down $50 for a warranty tomorrow in the likely case this one goes too so I can just get whatever's in stock @ gamestop instead of having to ship anything out... sigh
Old 2007-08-16, 02:33   Link #528
ComradeKilroy
Kilroy hic fuit

don't all 360s have an automatic 3 year warranty for the rings of death?
ComradeKilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 08:48   Link #529
Zoe

Quote:
You're right. I thought that systems have a 30 day return policy, but I looked at my gamestop receipt and it's only 7. Looks like I'm going to have to plunk down $50 for a warranty tomorrow in the likely case this one goes too so I can just get whatever's in stock @ gamestop instead of having to ship anything out... sigh
Don't forget to request an HDMI model. They're gonna try to get rid of the older stock if you don't know any better.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 09:27   Link #530
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeKilroy View Post
don't all 360s have an automatic 3 year warranty for the rings of death?
They do but it'll be so much easier to return a 360 for one of the new falcon models when/if they come out later this year. All I'd have to do is go to Gamestop and swap out the bad xbox for that new model, or whatever old ones they have. No 2-6 week wait, no random luck of the draw with what xbox you get back from Microsoft. The Gamestop warranty just is more convenient to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Don't forget to request an HDMI model. They're gonna try to get rid of the older stock if you don't know any better.
I've read about how the new HDMI models have been opened up and they don't have the 65nm CPUs. They have a few new heatsinks that "fixed" 360s have when they come back from microsoft, but not much is different (according to what I've read) from the first/current hardware version. Plus the HDMI ones don't have optical out for some reason which is really dumb.

EDIT: Just called gamestop and they told me that I needed to buy the warranty at the time that I bought the system. It kinda blows but whatever, I'll just send it into Microsoft just like everyone else with a problem. It's not a big deal.

Last edited by Rotton the Wizard; 2007-08-16 at 09:58.
Old 2007-08-16, 12:10   Link #531
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Dont buy from Gamestop...thats the problem. Buy from Target or something and get thier cheaper one...Pretty much if it does break. All you do is come in and they give you a new one. And they arent a ***** to deal with like gamestop
Old 2007-08-16, 15:40   Link #532
Zoe

Quote:
I've read about how the new HDMI models have been opened up and they don't have the 65nm CPUs. They have a few new heatsinks that "fixed" 360s have when they come back from microsoft, but not much is different (according to what I've read) from the first/current hardware version. Plus the HDMI ones don't have optical out for some reason which is really dumb.
Optical out is on the A/V dongle. If the HDMI port uses a proprietary connection as well, then I would imagine it'd be on there.

The new heatsink is supposed to do wonders, and it also comes with a better DVD drive. It's disappointing that the new chips aren't in these models, but they're nothing to turn your nose up at.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 21:17   Link #533
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Dont buy from Gamestop...thats the problem. Buy from Target or something and get thier cheaper one...Pretty much if it does break. All you do is come in and they give you a new one. And they arent a ***** to deal with like gamestop
Hahahaha speaking of which, I had to return something at target today for the first time and it was so amazingly easy! I didn't even have to talk to the person to do it! To add insult to injury, I went to their games section and there was an HDMI xbox 360 just sitting there, practically saying "Haha! You're a dumbass for getting the 360 at gamestop!" It makes me want to strangle the genius who thought it was a good idea not to give people refunds for consoles at Gamestop.

Well I called the other Gamestops by my area and the few places that knew about the new HDMI 360s said that they are getting a new shipment during the week, but aren't sure if they're going to be the new HDMI ones. The other places had a pretentious dork giving me a sales pitch on the Elite because they were sure that regular 360s don't come with HDMI ports. That's Gamestop for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Optical out is on the A/V dongle. If the HDMI port uses a proprietary connection as well, then I would imagine it'd be on there.

The new heatsink is supposed to do wonders, and it also comes with a better DVD drive. It's disappointing that the new chips aren't in these models, but they're nothing to turn your nose up at.
Optical out is on the component A/V dongle, but I've read it's not on the HDMI one. I really don't know for sure.

I don't really care about the chip size of the 360, but as long as the thing works without breaking I'd be really happy.

Last edited by Rotton the Wizard; 2007-08-16 at 22:03.
Old 2007-08-18, 00:19   Link #534
matt4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
i dont know about not buying anything from gamestop, just dont buy consoles, i think there pretty good when buying games, especially used games. just dont sell ur consoles to gamestop, when i called to ask how much they'de give me for my 360 so i could buy a new one, they offered $20, then when i asked hastings, they said $126 in cash or $166 in store credit.
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 04:54   Link #535
Narumi
*Fansubber

Infinite Undiscovery, the third of MS' J-RPGs, has opened its site.
Old 2007-09-12, 18:25   Link #536
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Hawt Dam...XBLA just cleaned out the house

All comfirmed
Rez
Ikagura
EEEE
Omega Drive
Old 2007-09-16, 13:34   Link #537
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Did anyone watch the downloadable TGS 2007 footage on live yet? Ninja Gaiden 2 gameplay (it's on part 3 of 6) looks absolutely incredible, and will probably get a day 1 purchase from me even though I only barely played the first one (I don't own the original xbox). The claws' combos look so cool.

What was incredibly lame though was that when they were showing trailers for Ace Combat 6 and Devil May Cry 4 the footage basically cuts to a screen that says something like "Download the entire trailer soon on the Xbox live marketplace!", which is essentially code-speak for "Enjoy gaming blue-balls for a week."

For me, the rest of the TGS press conference was pretty meh. I had to fast forward through half of that because the spokesperson was so damn boring.

I really hope next week will give us playable demos of the games from TGS. (DMC4! NG2!)
Old 2007-09-18, 03:43   Link #538
V-Slasher

ninja gaiden 2 in action really looks great. The first one was a great game but most of the weapons and moves were useless. this time it looks like the schyte and claws are a wothy addition.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 08:16   Link #539
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Well I finally got myself one.

Spoiler:

I'll be playing Eternal & Halo soon, already finished with Gears of War last night. No LIVE until the weekend(blame the network adapter's price). By the way, does the Elite really bring a month free of Gold Membership of LIVE(or so I heard) because there was no information about in on the package.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm in using Ethernet for awhile. Just gonna download a few demos and try Halo online and all then time for Eternal Love.

Last edited by Aka; 2007-09-25 at 10:48.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 21:41   Link #540
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Well I finally got myself one.

Spoiler:

I'll be playing Eternal & Halo soon, already finished with Gears of War last night. No LIVE until the weekend(blame the network adapter's price). By the way, does the Elite really bring a month free of Gold Membership of LIVE(or so I heard) because there was no information about in on the package.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm in using Ethernet for awhile. Just gonna download a few demos and try Halo online and all then time for Eternal Love.
I think it does. Should come with a card or something. Also you dont have to buy the offical Wifi set up. You can get others for cheaper. I dont know how since I use cable lol.

Anyways...Great choice in both Selections. Eternal Love is the correct word ^_^