AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 15:10   Link #381
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well... at least Arashiyama reacted in a more realistic way to aliens showing up.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:50   Link #382
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm all for the sudden change in themes. I actually welcome more of it in this show.
Old 2010-12-12, 18:08   Link #383
sikvod00

OMFG. Arasgiyama's facial expressions this episode were absolutely GOLDEN.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 18:39   Link #384
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haha I didn't honestly expect to see that Alien Chapter get animated but quite glad it did, was pretty funny actually plus it gave me loads of Kon-senpai
Seriously love her character loads.

The 2nd half was rather nice I guess, the coffee bit was funny even tho I kinda expected it

After seeing this ep I wonder about the last few eps and if they will go with certain chapters involving Hotori's "adventures"
Old 2010-12-12, 18:46   Link #385
Kunagisa

Took time to watch this amid finals, totally worth it.

What happened to the bug alien at the end though?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 01:41   Link #386
thelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Took time to watch this amid finals, totally worth it.

What happened to the bug alien at the end though?
Bug alien got resurrected from Kon's item. They left it as a cliffhanger which is why the narrator said that you can either believe or not believe the story.
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 04:52   Link #387
Racketman

I want the shirt Hotori's wearing that says "pad thai" on it in Thai.

I love me some pad thai. Delicious... ugh, now I'm hungry.
Racketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 05:00   Link #388
seiftis
~defying fate

More Kon-senpai next week. Nice!
Old 2010-12-13, 11:25   Link #389
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I found the alien story somehwhat lacking by Soredemo's recent standard - if they were going to adapt a space story I'd have preferred "Space Adventure Romance". But I loved the Grandpa chapter - a greater slice-of-life for a ghost you'll never see.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:16   Link #390
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
When I first saw this anime, I thought it will be a slice of life romantic comedy set in a maid cafe, with perhaps more comedy than romance. With Shaft animating, I do expect things to be a bit more extra-ordinary. But, nowhere in my mind have I think that it would be nearly as extra-ordinary as this, with not only time travel last ep, but now we have aliens, vaporizing gun, and ghosts. Are you sure this is not a reimagining of Miracle Mikuru from the first broadcast ep of Suzumiya Haruhi, set in maid cafe?

Despite all I've said, it's not all bad, just...way different than what I first expected. Especially on the first segment - to be honest, when the narrator gave the choice, I choose not to believe this as real. Also, I don't remember seeing the usual manga source at the beginning of the segment, maybe this is an anime original from SHAFT?

I like the second segment better, while at first it's a bit strange to see the grandpa ghost, but when we finally see that he's actually the late husband of Granny Uki, I find it a bit touching, especially with how much they still cares about each other even when separated by death. Also love them acknowledging the continuity by showing that Takeru/Ebi is still going strong, despite them both being in denial/oblivious about it. Also, the foreshadowing from showing the grandpa even when Sanada was wishing the first time is also pretty good.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:18   Link #391
sirn
田舎者言うな

No, alien episode is also a manga chapter though the last part about bug alien deleting Kon and Arashiyama memory is anime original. Occasionally, there are some weird story like this, and it is the reason behind series title, "and the town keep going on".
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 00:19   Link #392
Kakkou
Tch.

Uki's husband's ghost part was quite touching as well as funny. It was a good blend of comedy and heartwarming that really shined with the coffee table moment. Sanada's prayer was so pure, considerate and long winded XD. I thought the crows looking at the direction of the donation box at the beginning was a nice touch but it got even better when they revealed it was the ghost they were looking at. Brilliant. Aliens were random in a good way. Neat choice of leaving the audience to guess what they were actually saying. I really like every moment of this episode.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 03:19   Link #393
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
But I loved the Grandpa chapter - a greater slice-of-life for a ghost you'll never see.
Wouldn't that technically be a slice-of-dead story?
Old 2010-12-14, 03:28   Link #394
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Slice-of-death, you mean
but good one

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 04:38   Link #395
theman4life

Does anyone happen to have all of the ending illustrations and/or artists names so far?
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 05:06   Link #396
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman4life View Post
Does anyone happen to have all of the ending illustrations and/or artists names so far?
They're all on the official anime website, if you can read Japanese/use Firefox and rikaichan... 'fraid you'll have to source screenshots yourself if you want them though...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 15:17   Link #397
theman4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
They're all on the official anime website, if you can read Japanese/use Firefox and rikaichan... 'fraid you'll have to source screenshots yourself if you want them though...
Sweet, thanks a bunch.
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 06:29   Link #398
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 11 subs are out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 07:17   Link #399
Sides

A summer episode, with insert manga about a rich guy, taken the piss of less fortunate people. A part from that we get to know Arashiyama Ayumu and Josephine, the dog.
Most rememberable thing, to me, was the usage of aho(u)tori and futabaka, besides hotori and futaba hanging out together.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 07:37   Link #400
Tsuchi

I know I'm late, but...

I can't believe how enjoyable this show is. I'm absolutely hooked. It's a good proof of how a good execution can compensate a seeming lack of originality (because let's be honest, the premise isn't exactly groundbreaking).

I think I've fallen in love with Tatsuno. She's clever, sensible, elegant, meganekko. Probably my favorite maid character ever, even while she doesn't fit the role in the most strict way (not being a full-time worker for some Ojou-sama or stuff like that, you know the drill). It's just that she fits the role too well.

Chapter 9 only made me like her more. [Insert heart here]
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen