On saber's identity.. and if its true
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 12:25   Link #124
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

i'm going for guinevere as saber.
i mean she had excalibur at one point and i think she was part of the round table. also the last 'arthur' movie shows her as a fighter. also, i think the part of saber wanting to live/die peacefully or changing her past implies this form me.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 12:37   Link #125
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
i'm going for guinevere as saber.
i mean she had excalibur at one point and i think she was part of the round table. also the last 'arthur' movie shows her as a fighter. also, i think the part of saber wanting to live/die peacefully or changing her past implies this form me.
lol you better not mean the Arthur, that had arthur as a celtic warrior fighting for the romans, because that ruined the real story and legend of Arthur,
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 13:22   Link #126
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

arthur is a legend not a historical figure. there is not yet any proof that he really existed. that movie was a take on how the legend/ story might have come about.
i mean, i would prefer that telling than 'camelot'. actually i prefer mont pythons.

could somebody spoil me on who saber is.
RX79GMCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 14:49   Link #127
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
I prefer mont pythons.
And because of his toughness, I hereby declare that Shirou is the reincarnation of the Black Knight.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 17:16   Link #128
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
And because of his toughness, I hereby declare that Shirou is the reincarnation of the Black Knight.
tis only a scratch! =D
Old 2006-02-03, 17:25   Link #129
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
As interesting as Saber= Arthur might be, I have a hard time believe it. For one, Arthur being a noble would not believe that extravagance as an enemy like saber does in the end of ep 4. Secondly, its king arthur not queen, thirdly the way Saber is dressed without her armor, she look like someone from the 1500-1700 with the tie and all not someone from ancient times. Lastly Arthur was a King not a knight and very few if any king swore by the knight code and follows it. If I have to guess I would say saber is somewhere along the lines of Joan or Arch.

PS Who would have thought the great god of strength who is renowed to have so many affairs would be so damn ugly?

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 17:31   Link #130
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
PS Who would have thought the great god of strength who is renowed to have so many affairs would be so damn ugly?
If you mean Berseker, Heracles was not a god but a demi-god. Above men but below the gods.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 18:05   Link #131
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
If you mean Berseker, Heracles was not a god but a demi-god. Above men but below the gods.
True to an extent, however, he was made the god of strength by Zeus after his death, hence he became a god.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-02-04, 17:36   Link #132
cicloid
Shin

Send a message via ICQ to cicloid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
While Servants are heroic figures in history/legends/myths, it's important to note that those legends were written by people and altered throughout history, thus the Servant's true identity could be radically different than what is commonly known in legend.
But before of being written, they where popularized trough verbal forms. So that adds more different backgrounds. Compared to the historical heroe.
cicloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:11   Link #133
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
That also shows how powerful Ilya is. To summon a demigod and bind him to the contract, fighting for her as a Servant. There is a reason why Rin is taken aback by Ilya.

Summoning a hero is already a difficult process. Needless to say a demigod.
Old 2006-02-05, 03:42   Link #134
TrueKnight

I think Saber is maybe Joan of Arc. I mean come on, King Arthur, Galahad and all were males. We see Saber on ep 4 ranting about the knight's code. So she's probably Joan.

Anyone knows what sword that Saber uses? Is it Joyuse ( Charlemagne's sword) ? Durandal ( Roland's sword)? Or is it just a plain invisible sword?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 04:36   Link #135
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ if the swords name is known.. her identity would be revealed as well, no?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 11:17   Link #136
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
As interesting as Saber= Arthur might be, I have a hard time believe it. For one, Arthur being a noble would not believe that extravagance as an enemy like saber does in the end of ep 4. Secondly, its king arthur not queen, thirdly the way Saber is dressed without her armor, she look like someone from the 1500-1700 with the tie and all not someone from ancient times. Lastly Arthur was a King not a knight and very few if any king swore by the knight code and follows it. If I have to guess I would say saber is somewhere along the lines of Joan or Arch.

Arthur was a knight before he was a king. He was still a knight when he became king.

And Heracles isn't the god of strength, and only the current Roman interpretation, Hercules is known to be a great man who is a great leader and saviour of humanity by beating up monsters. Heracles died an ugly death, dying by a poison-coated coat isn't pretty you know.

Quote:
That also shows how powerful Ilya is. To summon a demigod and bind him to the contract, fighting for her as a Servant. There is a reason why Rin is taken aback by Ilya.
And the fact that Berserkers are known to turn on their masters thus extremely hard to control, much less made docile and yearning to a master that is willing to give up a chance to kill 2 masters and a servant.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:33   Link #137
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
lol you better not mean the Arthur, that had arthur as a celtic warrior fighting for the romans, because that ruined the real story and legend of Arthur,
Actually I prefer that version. It is more historically plausible than usual shiny knights of Camelot tale. It is more gritty and more interesting speculation of Arthur as Roman auxilary.
Old 2006-02-05, 15:31   Link #138
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Actually I prefer that version. It is more historically plausible than usual shiny knights of Camelot tale. It is more gritty and more interesting speculation of Arthur as Roman auxilary.

noooooo =[ , why do people like that kind of story, britain has hardly any myths/legends/fairytales, they ruined one of the finest
Old 2006-02-06, 06:51   Link #139
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
noooooo =[ , why do people like that kind of story, britain has hardly any myths/legends/fairytales, they ruined one of the finest
I love history and the movie did very well trying to speculate real origins of Arthur legend. That's all. Good, that means UK has realistic society and non-pandering to mumbo jumbo too much.

And I actually disliked the original Arthurian legend, it is too anarchoristic for me to get myself immerse in. The armours they often protrayed in those fables is way too advanced for its time.

And I always thought Saber is the French Joan of Arc. LOL
Old 2006-02-06, 15:45   Link #140
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Arthur was a knight before he was a king. He was still a knight when he became king.

And Heracles isn't the god of strength, and only the current Roman interpretation, Hercules is known to be a great man who is a great leader and saviour of humanity by beating up monsters. Heracles died an ugly death, dying by a poison-coated coat isn't pretty you know.

And the fact that Berserkers are known to turn on their masters thus extremely hard to control, much less made docile and yearning to a master that is willing to give up a chance to kill 2 masters and a servant.
Knight or no knight that still doesn't explain why saber is dressed so 1500-1800 ish,

secondly I beg you differ, Heracles IS the god of strength after he died and his papa made him imortal. As stated here http://www.divinedigest.com/dieties.htm
here http://library.thinkquest.org/23057/....html#Heracles and in wikipedia.org, he was demi-god but after death he became 100% god and married (again, damn that guy has alot of affairs!) Hebes. Remmber in Greek mythology that death is not the end of be all, you either go to hades or to the fields of elysium but Heracles being the son of Zeus get spiecal treatment so technically only his mortal part was burned away at the pyre fire and he still lives (just not as a mortal).

Lacan/Grahf