Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 11:10   Link #31601
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
Based from my experience, it's even more recommended to start off with HG or non graded kits rather than MGs. As most modellers said, MGs are more recommended for experienced modellers rather than the beginners, they didn't called "Master Grade" for nothing in the first place anyway.
True.
But something like the MG AGE line of kits are very simple. I would consider them to be like HGs in respect to complexity, but they come out looking nice, and they have good designs and low price.
Old 2013-11-12, 11:13   Link #31602
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Hmm, I've never really ran into any kits that gave me any trouble, but I started out building 4WD cars, then BB senshi, then HGs, then MGs.
Old 2013-11-12, 11:19   Link #31603
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Hmm...need some opinion on this:

So far, my collection only consists of Gundams (MGs- GP01, Gundam 2.0, Freedom).

So...with Nu Ver. Ka restocking soon (Nu being my fav gundam), I decided to buy another Gunpla after like...7 years. I preordered Nu Ver. Ka and Sazabi Ver. Ka (coming Dec) with the intention of recreating the famous scene from the movie.

But Sazabi isn't at the top of my list, as I want Exia Ignition (restocking in Dec). I'm on a tight budget for disposable income so i can only get Exia or Sazabi. Which one do you feel you would like in my case? The Sazabi or the Exia? Sazabi would add more variety to my collection (and CHAR!), but Exia Ignition is pretty cool.

P.S. Before anyone suggest MG Raiser, I plan to get the PG Raiser somewhere down the line so getting a MG is sort of pointless.
As for me, one thing I always avoid is impulse-buying just because some kits are new & hot. Just like you, I also made a list of must-buy kit that I stick with. Unless there's a really really good offer/deal of other kits, I always prioritize the kits in my must-buy list. So, if Exia Ignition has been in your top must-buy list and you like it that much, I'd say go with it. You can get Sazabi Ka anytime once you "re-fuel" your wallet.

PS: Actually, buying MG 00 Raiser is not pointless as the MG has better proportion than the PG especially when it's in 00 Raiser mode.
Old 2013-11-12, 11:29   Link #31604
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As for me, one thing I always avoid is impulse-buying just because some kits are new & hot. Just like you, I also made a list of must-buy kit that I stick with. Unless there's a really really good offer/deal of other kits, I always prioritize the kits in my must-buy list. So, if Exia Ignition has been in your top must-buy list and you like it that much, I'd say go with it. You can get Sazabi Ka anytime once you "re-fuel" your wallet.

PS: Actually, buying MG 00 Raiser is not pointless as the MG has better proportion than the PG especially when it's in 00 Raiser mode.
That is a good point...perhaps I can wait on the Sazabi Ka.

The thing with Raiser, is that I generally avoid getting 2 of the same kit (I have MG Gundam 2.0 so I won't get 3.0). I like to display different ones and since I plan to get PG Raiser I probably won't get MG Raiser, MG 00 Gundam or MG 00 Gundam seven swords.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:44   Link #31605
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
That is a good point...perhaps I can wait on the Sazabi Ka.

The thing with Raiser, is that I generally avoid getting 2 of the same kit (I have MG Gundam 2.0 so I won't get 3.0). I like to display different ones and since I plan to get PG Raiser I probably won't get MG Raiser, MG 00 Gundam or MG 00 Gundam seven swords.
As Obelisk said, the MG 00 has better proportions overall, and from reviews I saw seems the better iverall kit quality-wise. I'm very pleased with my 00 Raiser. If you want to get a PG, I would go with a different one. Oh, and the PG 00 doesn't come with that display base anymore :/
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 14:05   Link #31606
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
As Obelisk said, the MG 00 has better proportions overall, and from reviews I saw seems the better iverall kit quality-wise. I'm very pleased with my 00 Raiser. If you want to get a PG, I would go with a different one. Oh, and the PG 00 doesn't come with that display base anymore :/
What would you recommend if I drop the PG raiser and opt for a MG raiser? I have GP01 already, and am not a fan of Strike. I heard MG Zeta 2.0 has better mechanism than the PG one as well.
Old 2013-11-12, 16:00   Link #31607
suiton629
Master Grade Master

PGs are just too cumbersome, expensive, and take up too much space. Sure they're in 1/60 scale and have the best tech for its time, but with MGs the way they are and have been, I would go with MGs only and maybe get some RGs if you're interested in it.

Me... I go 90% MG and 10% RG.
Old 2013-11-12, 17:34   Link #31608
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
What would you recommend if I drop the PG raiser and opt for a MG raiser? I have GP01 already, and am not a fan of Strike. I heard MG Zeta 2.0 has better mechanism than the PG one as well.
Get a MK-II Ver 2.0 if you dont have one already. A superb kit, just avoid the special HD coating versions.
Or if you want some grunt types a Zaku Ver 2.0, Geara Doga, Jesta or Zgok MG kit would also be a great addition.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 17:39   Link #31609
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
IMO with PGs, get what you simply think is best looking and what you most want.
Way I see it is PGs are there simply for show, so you just get what you really want the most, as you won't(or rather shouldn't) be playing around with it alot anyway and display the bad boy in all it's glory as a center piece.
Shouldn't really compare PGs to the other scales.

If you really want the 00 Raiser then I say get it, doesn't matter if the MG is a "better" model, that PG will just look so much more than it's little brother

It's only between HG and MGs you should really consider whats better IMO.
Old 2013-11-12, 17:40   Link #31610
suiton629
Master Grade Master

If you're going to opt out of the PG 00 Raiser, and instead go with the MG 00 Raiser, then that's a good choice. The PG is expensive, although it has the gimmick of those moving GN Driver things that also have LEDs.

Personally, I can't recommend the MG 00 line of kits enough. They're all amazing, and with MG Exia Repair 2 recently announced as an online exclusive, then that means we have hope for the Exia Repair 3 at the least, and maybe even the 0 Gundam (ACD Type), 0 Gundam (Roll Out Type), Exia (Roll Out Type), Astraea, Astraea Type F, etc.

Aside from that, I would suggest the MG AGE line or the MG Wing EW line.

Those 3 lines of MGs are quite amazing and modern.

MG Seed is just something that I just started and so far I have 4x of the MG Aile Strike RM (to display as Strike, Aile Strike, Launcher Strike, and Sword Strike) since I also got the online exclusive add on set, and I also have the Aegis and the Strike Rouge Ootori.
Old 2013-11-12, 17:43   Link #31611
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
IMO with PGs, get what you simply think is best looking and what you most want.
Way I see it is PGs are there simply for show, so you just get what you really want the most, as you won't(or rather shouldn't) be playing around with it alot anyway and display the bad boy in all it's glory as a center piece.
Shouldn't really compare PGs to the other scales.

If you really want the 00 Raiser then I say get it, doesn't matter if the MG is a "better" model, that PG will just look so much more than it's little brother

It's only between HG and MGs you should really consider whats better IMO.
Instead of a PG, I would get 1 expensive MG or 2 or 3 regularly priced MG.

HG vs. MG is no competition. If there is a MG version of the same kit available as HG, then I always suggest MG. Really. All HGs eventually turn up as MG eventually be it through regular release or online exclusive.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:00   Link #31612
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, which one is simpler to construct? MG Guncannon or MG Ball?

No, this is not a joke question. I'm planning that IF I eventually skilled enough with HG, I'll get MG that is not a Gundam.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:02   Link #31613
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

No, this is not a joke question.
MG Ball is easier.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:08   Link #31614
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
If you're going to opt out of the PG 00 Raiser, and instead go with the MG 00 Raiser, then that's a good choice. The PG is expensive, although it has the gimmick of those moving GN Driver things that also have LEDs.

Personally, I can't recommend the MG 00 line of kits enough. They're all amazing, and with MG Exia Repair 2 recently announced as an online exclusive, then that means we have hope for the Exia Repair 3 at the least, and maybe even the 0 Gundam (ACD Type), 0 Gundam (Roll Out Type), Exia (Roll Out Type), Astraea, Astraea Type F, etc.

Aside from that, I would suggest the MG AGE line or the MG Wing EW line.

Those 3 lines of MGs are quite amazing and modern.

MG Seed is just something that I just started and so far I have 4x of the MG Aile Strike RM (to display as Strike, Aile Strike, Launcher Strike, and Sword Strike) since I also got the online exclusive add on set, and I also have the Aegis and the Strike Rouge Ootori.
From 00 I like Exia, then Raiser, everything else is meh to me.

Not a huge fan of Strike either, but I do have a Freedom.

The spinning GN drive is one of the key things I want from PG raiser, but we'll see.

Gundam Mk. II might not be a bad choice for PG kits...
Old 2013-11-12, 18:13   Link #31615
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
From 00 I like Exia, then Raiser, everything else is meh to me.

Not a huge fan of Strike either, but I do have a Freedom.

The spinning GN drive is one of the key things I want from PG raiser, but we'll see.

Gundam Mk. II might not be a bad choice for PG kits...
With Gundam 00, I think most people generally like the Exia. Which might be why we're seeing the Metal Build Exia figures, and now the MG Exia Repair 2 (online exclusive). Maybe we'll see the MG Exia Repair 3 as another online exclusive later.

I like the Strike design. It's like a more streamlined & modernized version of the RX-78-2. Freedom and Strike Freedom are a super fan favorite suit.

The GN Drive gimmick on the PG 00 Raiser isn't worth it. I'd rather just get the MG 00 Raiser and get a whole bunch of the LED units. Also, I'd add on the MG 00 Gundam 7 Sword G.

For the Gundam MK II, just get the MG ver 2.0.

Again, it's all up to you but PGs aren't worth it for me:

a. very big
b. takes up a lot of space
c. takes a lot of time to build
d. premium quality expensive
Old 2013-11-12, 18:33   Link #31616
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I don't have any PG's yet so I can't speak out of experience, but I would say either Strike Freedom or the Red Frame. Preferably the Red Frame
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 20:16   Link #31617
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Honestly, if you want the 00 Raiser, just look up some pictures online, if you like what you see, buy it. Whether or not MG 00 Raiser has better proportions is subjective anyways.
Old 2013-11-12, 20:18   Link #31618
suiton629
Master Grade Master

True. But the value I find in the MG line of kits is far more rewarding than SD, HG, PG, and RG.
Old 2013-11-12, 20:55   Link #31619
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've built RG Justice (deactive) and applied the decals all over it successfully. And guess what? I only used my lovely fingers .
Give me some of your lovely dexterity plz

Quote:
Hmm...need some opinion on this:

So far, my collection only consists of Gundams (MGs- GP01, Gundam 2.0, Freedom).

So...with Nu Ver. Ka restocking soon (Nu being my fav gundam), I decided to buy another Gunpla after like...7 years. I preordered Nu Ver. Ka and Sazabi Ver. Ka (coming Dec) with the intention of recreating the famous scene from the movie.

But Sazabi isn't at the top of my list, as I want Exia Ignition (restocking in Dec). I'm on a tight budget for disposable income so i can only get Exia or Sazabi. Which one do you feel you would like in my case? The Sazabi or the Exia? Sazabi would add more variety to my collection (and CHAR!), but Exia Ignition is pretty cool.

P.S. Before anyone suggest MG Raiser, I plan to get the PG Raiser somewhere down the line so getting a MG is sort of pointless.
Get Exia R2 when it comes out xD, IMO its the coolest Exia and since it's exclusive it will be a little something special for your shelf (might be a little pricier/on same level of the Ignition mode, definitely less than Sazabi ver Ka. though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

No, this is not a joke question. I'm planning that IF I eventually skilled enough with HG, I'll get MG that is not a Gundam.
Check Dalong xD, if you go to the information section you can look at scans of the manual and make judgements for yourself on build complexity
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 00:43   Link #31620
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
With Gundam 00, I think most people generally like the Exia. Which might be why we're seeing the Metal Build Exia figures, and now the MG Exia Repair 2 (online exclusive). Maybe we'll see the MG Exia Repair 3 as another online exclusive later.

I like the Strike design. It's like a more streamlined & modernized version of the RX-78-2. Freedom and Strike Freedom are a super fan favorite suit.

The GN Drive gimmick on the PG 00 Raiser isn't worth it. I'd rather just get the MG 00 Raiser and get a whole bunch of the LED units. Also, I'd add on the MG 00 Gundam 7 Sword G.

For the Gundam MK II, just get the MG ver 2.0.

Again, it's all up to you but PGs aren't worth it for me:

a. very big
b. takes up a lot of space
c. takes a lot of time to build
d. premium quality expensive
What you see in a-c is exactly why I want a PG. Having one big badass, detailed MS towering over the rest of the collection is awesome.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy