Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 14:19   Link #31641
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Be aware that the GN Sword is pretty heavy and can be a pain to stay in the hand of Exia. The connection to the forarm isn't very solid. I used to have it on display only with the beam sabers, but I'm keeping it in the box now because the legs have started to sag down a little. The connection of the hips to the lower torso isn't the strongest on mine
That's unfortunate.

I read that MG Raiser also suffers a bit from the leg problem as well.

That kinda sucks.
Old 2013-11-13, 14:24   Link #31642
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
That's unfortunate.

I read that MG Raiser also suffers a bit from the leg problem as well.

That kinda sucks.
My 00 Raiser doesn't, but my 00 Seven Swords does :/ Though I had it only standing for a while, fully loaded. I guess that all the weight of its weapons caused that.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 16:27   Link #31643
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I have heard the company Daban makes high quality products, but in the end they are bootlegs of Bandai kits. Supporting bootlegs is like pirating goods but you actually pay these companies for their pirating goods.
I honestly don't give a crap about that. I want the PG Strike Freedom but I don't have 300 bucks lying around.
I am a consumer, there is a company that sells what I want for a reduced price so I'm gonna buy it. Not to mention that DABAN actually improved the kit by including metal pieces that usually often break on the original Bandai kit! And I still only have to pay half of what the original costs? Don't mind if I do!
Buying these kits isn't illegal and it's not like I'm not supporting Bandai. There are just a few kits that are too low on my list to spend the extra cash on them so I just get the kock offs instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
Dude, don't force him to start off with the MG especially if he's a beginner. I still recommend HG kits for beginners then later move on to MG if he wants to.
My very first kit was actually the MG Strike Freedom FBM and everything went fine.
If you prepare for it (buying supplies like good nippers and a hobby knife) and if you follow the manual closely I really don't see a problem with starting with a MG kit.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 16:50   Link #31644
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I honestly don't give a crap about that. I want the PG Strike Freedom but I don't have 300 bucks lying around.
I am a consumer, there is a company that sells what I want for a reduced price so I'm gonna buy it. Not to mention that DABAN actually improved the kit by including metal pieces that usually often break on the original Bandai kit! And I still only have to pay half of what the original costs? Don't mind if I do!
Buying these kits isn't illegal and it's not like I'm not supporting Bandai. There are just a few kits that are too low on my list to spend the extra cash on them so I just get the kock offs instead.

My very first kit was actually the MG Strike Freedom FBM and everything went fine.
If you prepare for it (buying supplies like good nippers and a hobby knife) and if you follow the manual closely I really don't see a problem with starting with a MG kit.
You've done at least some research to know to buy a good nipper and hobby knife. My first HG, I twisted the parts out, and manged not to break any pieces. Given, I was only like eight back then.

Thing is, for an uninitiated beginner, a HG kit is the best way to start, and you'll come to appreciate all the tools you will get as you move up the chain.
Old 2013-11-13, 17:21   Link #31645
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I think it's best to start for an extreme beginner to go with SDs first.
They're the cheapest, easiest to build, and you you could practice painting/coloring, nipping techniques to cut parts off of trees, etc.
Old 2013-11-13, 18:14   Link #31646
Knight_SV

finally get my mg proto zeroand hg double x in gundam base korea. i will try to customize wing zero ew by using proto zero frame
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 18:14   Link #31647
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I was going to get Exia but I read up on the poor leg strength of the unit. Tbh, I don't really plan on having it stand as Exia looks far cooler doing hovering and flying poses, so are the joints strong enough to hold those poses? Or will they droop after awhile? Anyone with the kit knows?
I don't know about the starndard MG Exia or Ignition mode, but my Trans-am Exia was solid. It can even stay in this pose...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
...without anything drooping.
Old 2013-11-13, 18:17   Link #31648
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
finally get my mg proto zeroand hg double x in gundam base korea. i will try to customize wing zero ew by using proto zero frame
I think people really want a Wing EW and Wing Zero EW (angel wings) to be re-released using the newer frame and design to match the other Wing EW kits.

Maybe we'll see them soon around 2014 while Bandai is eventually going to push the releases for the movie Wing suits in MG.
Old 2013-11-13, 18:43   Link #31649
Appel

Quote:
Thing is, for an uninitiated beginner, a HG kit is the best way to start, and you'll come to appreciate all the tools you will get as you move up the chain.
I'm pretty sure that as long you don't build it like an impatient butcher everyone can start with a MG^^ They really aren't that complex. Many of the pieces are bigger than they are on HGs afterall. You just have more pieces to work with.
I wouldn't recommend starting with a more compley kit like the MG Sinanju or something like that though. Many tiny pieces on that one. I think the Sinanju was my 4th MG if i remember correctly...

Quote:
I think it's best to start for an extreme beginner to go with SDs first.
They're the cheapest, easiest to build, and you you could practice painting/coloring, nipping techniques to cut parts off of trees, etc.
I think starting with an SD would be a little too easy. SDs aren't there for learning how to build Gunpla, they are there to learn how to paint the models.
But if you want to learn how to build Gunpla they are not compley enough in my opinion, they are way too simple for that.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 19:18   Link #31650
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Again, if you're new to hobbying in general then I would get some SDs to start to get an idea of how things work.

Then move on to something like simpler MGs like the ones from Gundam Age.
Old 2013-11-13, 19:29   Link #31651
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
One of my nightmares too.

Really.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to Gunpla one day. Been going with RDs as of late because I feel a wee bit too lazy to put things together, which is also ironic because my recent RD, the Extreme's option parts, requires that I PUT THINGS TOGETHER.

Worse is I have yet to own an RX-78. Procrastination.
Worse come to worse and you dont feel like shelling out much money, get the SD 30th Anniversay RX-78-2, its cute as hell, and it comes with decals and a cardboard space battle background

Thats what I went with, for now till they release the MG G3 3.0

Quote:
Alright, so after a seven year hiatus from Gunpla, I realized there are a whole lot of technological improvements on these things that I wasn't even aware of. Doing a little research has made me realized how awesome the Nu Ver. Ka is (already ordered it) and the quality difference the current kits are compared to my really old ones (Freedom was my last one).

I was going to get Exia but I read up on the poor leg strength of the unit. Tbh, I don't really plan on having it stand as Exia looks far cooler doing hovering and flying poses, so are the joints strong enough to hold those poses? Or will they droop after awhile? Anyone with the kit knows?
I heard the main problem lay in the ankles (not strong enough)

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that as long you don't build it like an impatient butcher everyone can start with a MG^^ They really aren't that complex. Many of the pieces are bigger than they are on HGs afterall. You just have more pieces to work with.
I wouldn't recommend starting with a more compley kit like the MG Sinanju or something like that though. Many tiny pieces on that one. I think the Sinanju was my 4th MG if i remember correctly...

I think starting with an SD would be a little too easy. SDs aren't there for learning how to build Gunpla, they are there to learn how to paint the models.
But if you want to learn how to build Gunpla they are not compley enough in my opinion, they are way too simple for that.
But but but SDs ARE SO CUTE!!!!

But yeah you're right, if you mainly want to get practice assembling a kit, HG is the way too go

Cheap, and offers good practice on all spectrums (detailing, painting, customizing, variety etc.)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 21:04   Link #31652
Aurelis
Daydreamer

SDs are a turn off for some people, maybe they'll even quit Gunpla because of it

I think instead of worrying which grade you should go for [Because HG/MG/PG are actually simple, you follow a step-by-step idiot-proof manual], you should start getting the basics right, including getting the proper tools; cutter, craft/pen knife, panel line stuff, maybe sanding materials and some Gundam markers for a start. Nubs from improper cutting like using nail clippers or god forbid you break the parts off the sprue by hand, are just painful to see.

Onto non-genuine Bandai products, I like the MC Models' design but the Nu, Hi-Nu and Nu HWS was one of the worse experience I've had. The fitting was terrible because the polycaps won't fit in nicely, there's gaps in the armours, the plastic material wasn't great and the funnels, absolute nightmare.

I've also tried a knock-off Psyco Gundam and again, the parts just won't click nicely together. It makes me think twice when the Ex-S Deepstriker ACE Model comes out.

Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 22:10   Link #31653
Shinobi2013

Quote:
Again, if you're new to hobbying in general then I would get some SDs to start to get an idea of how things work.

Then move on to something like simpler MGs like the ones from Gundam Age.
I don't think most people who wants to start gunpla will start on SD especially if they want a look very close from the actual show, SDs are way too exaggerated from the actual show to begin with. I noticed that you purposely skipped the HG line which you are not favored with.

Quote:
On my side, I'm glad I didn't start off with MG kit, the way I build my earlier kits is messier than what I do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
Onto non-genuine Bandai products, I like the MC Models' design but the Nu, Hi-Nu and Nu HWS was one of the worse experience I've had. The fitting was terrible because the polycaps won't fit in nicely, there's gaps in the armours, the plastic material wasn't great and the funnels, absolute nightmare.
The material of MC kits or 3rd party/bootleg kits as a whole is more toxic than the Bandai does, when I tried to put a primer on the Daban Sinanju stand, MC Nu Gundoom, it started to become smelly

Last edited by Shinobi2013; 2013-11-13 at 23:14.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 07:20   Link #31654
firefox
Seed seeder

Building a gundam it does not matter with what grade you start. Just a matter of reading, looking and patience.

It's the finishing of a model (paint, panneline, decals) that requires skills and the best way to get those skills is practising on cheap models!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 13:24   Link #31655
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Building a gundam it does not matter with what grade you start. Just a matter of reading, looking and patience.

It's the finishing of a model (paint, panneline, decals) that requires skills and the best way to get those skills is practising on cheap models!
This is the absolute truth. It can be said for "any" skill. There are a few people out there, who can acquire skill quickly, but there is no one who can do it without practice.

The main problem I have is, not wanting to simply paint the kit and be done with it. I still have projects that remain unfinished, because I keep adding to them. I'm not under a deadline so I just let them collect dust.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 16:34   Link #31656
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Do you guys think we'll see a MG Exia Repair 3 getting released?
I think we might actually see it as yet another online exclusive soon after the Repair 2 comes out.

Really the only differences and changes needed from the MG Exia Repair 2 would be:

- GN Long Rifle
- change knee armor to blue
- change back skirt armor to blue
- GN Condenser Pack

So they could easily just reprint the same mold as the MG Exia Repair 2 and just add in like 2 or 3 more parts trees.
Old 2013-11-14, 16:39   Link #31657
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Do you guys think we'll see a MG Exia Repair 3 getting released?
I think we might actually see it as yet another online exclusive soon after the Repair 2 comes out.

[...]

So they could easily just reprint the same mold as the MG Exia Repair 2 and just add in like 2 or 3 more parts trees.
It could be a magazine exclusive, but that's about it.
Old 2013-11-14, 16:41   Link #31658
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
It could be a magazine exclusive, but that's about it.
Magazine exclusive?
Why would Bandai do a magazine exclusive for a MG? Has that ever been done? I was thinking online exclusive because:

a. it's a variation
b. online exclusive would mean it wouldn't cut into the regular 1 MG a month release schedule
c. it'd be like a niche suit that only hardcore 00 series or Exia fans would want
d. minimal cost to release a 'new' kit and max profits
Old 2013-11-14, 19:33   Link #31659
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Starting today I'll officially swore off transforming model (for a while)

That goddamned Overflag
Old 2013-11-14, 20:15   Link #31660
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Starting today I'll officially swore off transforming model (for a while)

That goddamned Overflag
What scale? Im assuming HG 1/144

Aside from that....well you picked/got an odd choice. The Flag Line and Enact kits (as well as the Masurao and Susanoo) do something other HGs dont:

They dont have polycaps, they all utilize ball and socket (plastic on plastic) connections, which after time become extremely flimsy/weak (fall out often), and are extremely hard to pose. Their hands are also oversized to the point the weapons simply dont hold well.

On top of this they are some of 00's earliest kits, not that great

I would not swear off transformables because of them, since they're the odd bunch of the group

If you really like the Overflag design though, go with the 1/100 NG, that thing is a completely different story from the HG's, and among the 1/100 NGs, is EASILY one of the best out there

Other good news ppl:

HG QUEBELEY PAPILLION ANNOUNCED!!!!!
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy