AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 17:35   Link #61
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmedaus
Wait...we're still a bit sore from the whole "Why did Lee get there so fast, didn't he need rehab?" So far he's been back for 2 chapters and we don't even have an "official" explanation so why don't we just relax with that, until the actual explanation comes in.
We DID get the explanation, or at least all the explanation we're going to get. Hmm, except for what happened when/if he saw Chouji and Neji on the way. According to Tsunade, he must have run off in the evening when she was looking after Genma and Raidou. I suppse he was running all night and finally caught up to them, they probably hadn't gone all that far. If Kimimaro was able to catch up to them in the middle of the forest - while dying, no less - I don't see why Lee isn't allowed to do the same.
Old 2004-03-26, 17:36   Link #62
Asmedaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
We DID get the explanation, or at least all the explanation we're going to get. Hmm, except for what happened when/if he saw Chouji and Neji on the way. According to Tsunade, he must have run off in the evening when she was looking after Genma and Raidou. I suppse he was running all night and finally caught up to them, they probably hadn't gone all that far. If Kimimaro was able to catch up to them in the middle of the forest - while dying, no less - I don't see why Lee isn't allowed to do the same.
Gotcha, I can't read Japanese so I wasn't sure.
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:36   Link #63
CyN1caL
The Rain Drops

We didn't get to see anything from Shikamaru
CyN1caL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:37   Link #64
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
From what i've been told, Lee's operation was a success. Lee ran off to help Naruto and he took Tsunade's sake instead of his medicine by accident. Gai said when Lee gets drunk, terrible things can happen ^^'''. So i guess he's some genius at Drunken Kung fu or something.

But i can't believe he healed up so fast, its so amazing its retarded...
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:39   Link #65
eLstar
(^_^)v

Okay...so we went from REALLY COOL chapter last week. To REALLY LAME chapter this week.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:52   Link #66
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Okay...so we went from REALLY COOL chapter last week. To REALLY LAME chapter this week.
Basically. I am a little confused on what happening...I guess when the translation comes out it will be more clear to me. Hopefully next week will be good.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:55   Link #67
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Anyway, Tsunade says she's not a fool, something about a bare-handed attack? I was distracted by that bottom up shot of her boobs, how do I get some of those? :envious:
Lol, I see I wasn't the only one who had to reread that panel.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:55   Link #68
Icer

Hey, it needed a light-tone it's been pretty depressing for awhile now.
Plus, I dont see why Drunken Fist style is so lame anyway....Maybe lame how he was able to recover so quick though.

It's not like he hasn't tried whackiness in a fight before (Naruto vs Kiba), or that it has no place in Shonen series. (One Piece)

Last edited by Icer; 2004-03-26 at 18:06.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:55   Link #69
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Well, last week was a precursor to lameness. I'd say a majority of the (on-topic parts) thread last week was, "Ok, if they don't have a real explanation for Lee getting there without rehab, this is lame."

And they don't have a real explanation. That makes last chapter lame, too.

Asmedaus:

We can see that Rock's probably fighting for his life. The thing is, now a really dramatic fight is going to get resolved through hijinks and tomofoolery. Kimi, who most people thought was the coolest character since Itachi, is about to get pounded on by someone who's drunk off his ass.

Going on as a sideshow to the circus, we have Shikamaru in a battle of wills with Tayuya, naked Kiba running around trying to defy all odds and just LIVE, and Naruto trying to prevent Orochimaru from destroying most of the known world.

People aren't complaining that Lee's character isn't developed, they're complaining that now he's turned into a joke. Before he was funny looking...but at least he fought bad-ass. Now his fighting is a joke, too.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:58   Link #70
DarkNtity

Quote:
I wouldn't say we. It's just you.
DarkNtity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:59   Link #71
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

If Lee beats Kimi in like one chapter, i'll probably stop reading this manga for a few weeks.

I say we all bust down Kishimoto's front door and burn everything he has related to Akira Toriyama. Who's with me?
Old 2004-03-26, 18:07   Link #72
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

what the heck?
am i the only person who loved this chapter?

i have always been a fan of the drunken boxing thingy it looks so good

Lee just moved up a bit in my mind, but he obviously cant catch up to Shikamaru
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:08   Link #73
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
If Lee beats Kimi in like one chapter, i'll probably stop reading this manga for a few weeks.

I say we all bust down Kishimoto's front door and burn everything he has related to Akira Toriyama. Who's with me?
still waiting for whom kiba sniffed out. Stupid punk ass Lee
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:11   Link #74
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
maybe....in the end he actually did just smell Sakon/Ukon
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:13   Link #75
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNtity
I wouldn't say we. It's just you.
Nah, the chapter sounds lame. And there's no need to get stingy over words.

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:17   Link #76
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Oh yeah i forgot about that. The people that Kiba smelled have yet to show up, and i know it wasn't Lee that he smelled. Kishimoto should just focus on one damn thing, he's moving from one place to the other and making everything a shit mess.

I want to see Shika's fight over, i dont' want to watch a drunken bruce lee wannabe fight for the next 10 chapters or so. I like Lee and all but i just want to see what happened to the other characters before he showed up.

This arc seems like its never ending, Kishomoto might as well have Itachi, Oro, and the Akatsuki show up and end everything all here....

Let me guess whats going to happen in the next chapter, Chouji will find a magical sword in a stone, picked it up and heal up really fast. And he's going to come back 100x stronger.

I swear, if Chouji doesn't die then i'll be finding something else to read on fridays, and wait at least 2-3 vols before i start reading this again.
Old 2004-03-26, 18:23   Link #77
AnimeFangirl

You whiners are taking all the fun out of the chapter. Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is? Oh well, I like it, and I hope Kimimaro gives him a run for his money nevertheless.
Old 2004-03-26, 18:34   Link #78
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson

I swear, if Chouji doesn't die then i'll be finding something else to read on fridays, and wait at least 2-3 vols before i start reading this again.
You better get ready, because there's a strong possibility he wont die.
And Lee wont beat Kimimaro in one chapter, everyone knows that.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:37   Link #79
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
You whiners are taking all the fun out of the chapter. Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is? Oh well, I like it, and I hope Kimimaro gives him a run for his money nevertheless.
I'm with you. And there's no way Chouji is gonna die.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 18:37   Link #80
Asmedaus

I don't see any jokes in the fighting style, nor in the chapter It's not like Lee is going to moon Kimm and then start puking everywhere. It's not frat party drunk Lee, it's drunken style Lee. Maybe this chapter is spoiling the expactations that people have? As in, people would be happier if all the other fights were settled and then this fights happened?

Sure it's drunken boxing but it's still a valid fighting style. I think people are thinking Lee is going to win with not a scratch on him, but I doubt it. Kimm hasn't even gone seal 2 yet.

I get the point though, I'm not that cool with Lee coming back all of a sudden either, but I guess that's the way the Naruto's world works, in terms of medicine that is. I am also biased a bit because my favorite characters so far are Lee and Neji....so I can see how someone who enjoys Kimm, or Naruto...or Shikamaru would want to see those fights to end first. I think there will be plenty of time once it is all done for every character to get into the spotlight. Manga has to be read in chunks to get the whole feel of where the story is going. I think criticizing one chapter so deep is a mistake. Then again, that's the way I read it....

These fights have to be read as happening at the same time and since the action keeps rising without any sort of loose ends being tied. It means that everything is being saved for the end when, in the climax, all the loose ends are tied all at once and most questions answered. For those who wants to see what happens with other fights, they might have to wait even longer when Naruto catches up with Sasuke.

I guess if Naruto wins the fight with a fart this time....there might be a riot in these forums?
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote