AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 117 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 17.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-31, 00:19   Link #1001
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
My impression of her plans of Pieta is that they cannot play dead, they will still be emitting yoki.

They need to be really hit unconscious for the half pill suppressant effects to kick in.

Thats why its like a Jackpot or Lottery, depending only on luck whether they can survive the hit that render them unconscious, making them effectively dead in the eyes of the ABs. But if you are unlucky, you get sliced in 2 and never wake up.....

Its a plan that favours the survival of a few or even none over the majority.
That's why I find it unbelievable. How could all 7 6 (read: six) of them be hit just like that when they were surrounded from all sides O_O ? That's like all 7 of them would hit a jackpot in a lottery with chances 1:13 000 000. ABs, being on all sides would see the hit in every possible angle and no one would notice it? 7 6 times?
Old 2011-08-31, 00:30   Link #1002
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

considering they originally number above 20, 7 surviving was certainly impressive, but considering that the most thorough of the Awakened Beings (Rigaldo) was killed before the end, it doesn't surprise me that no one bothered to "make sure" everyone was dead.

If they went down from their injuries but didn't die, then they had a decent shot at surviving.

As for the spoilers, I interested in seeing the RAWs before I make go into any rambling, but I figured that Miria's Yoki Phantom would be far more impressive after 7 years time.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:30   Link #1003
Kain999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
That's why I find it unbelievable. How could all 7 of them be hit just like that when they were surrounded from all sides O_O ? That's like all 7 of them would hit a jackpot in a lottery with chances 1:13 000 000. ABs, being on all sides would see the hit in every possible angle and no one would notice it? 7 times?
Oh well, i would have gone with the plan to just retreat with all 24 warriors, let the ABs destroy the organisation hopefully by not giving them time to complete Alicia and Beth and they live happily ever after since Rafaela will not be motivated to hunt them once the organisation is gone.

And then after 7 years of training, all 24 of them can emerge and clear the lands of the remaining yoma.

But i guess my version of the story is a lot less exciting and will bankrupt Yagi... Haha.

Still waiting for the latest chaptest.....
Old 2011-08-31, 00:37   Link #1004
Gooral
Banned

@Kain999
Had the same idea (about all of them ignoring thier orders and deserting) but no one agreed with me. Their arguments were:
1) Rafaela
2) Claymore's not willing to do it (the same ones that shitted their pants)

But I've countered it and all in all it's like that to make things more interesting.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:37   Link #1005
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
That's why I find it unbelievable. How could all 7 6 (read: six) of them be hit just like that when they were surrounded from all sides O_O ? That's like all 7 of them would hit a jackpot in a lottery with chances 1:13 000 000. ABs, being on all sides would see the hit in every possible angle and no one would notice it? 7 6 times?
maybe Clare used her yoki prediction powers and bumbed as many of them as she could in a way so they all only pass out and vitial points would be missed.

Now in all seriousness here's some conjecture, the fab four likely just did there best to copy what Clare did on her first hunt... knowing that there was no point in not doing otherwise just to possibly take down one more AB, survival mattered more here. Then we have Cynthia who is a very strong defensive type and odds would favor one such as her surviving... Also the fab four could surpass there limits to heal...

Yuma & Tabitha where paired with Miria and she likely did her best to make sure they passed out early since she is this supposed master of team battles. Sadly, Miria seems to failed to replicate it with her whole team since Queenie wasn't so lucky from her group... likely not being a weakling she lasted long enough for the fighting to get to Rigardo showing up and once separated from Miria her fate was sealed.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:42   Link #1006
Kain999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
considering they originally number above 20, 7 surviving was certainly impressive, but considering that the most thorough of the Awakened Beings (Rigaldo) was killed before the end, it doesn't surprise me that no one bothered to "make sure" everyone was dead.

If they went down from their injuries but didn't die, then they had a decent shot at surviving.

As for the spoilers, I interested in seeing the RAWs before I make go into any rambling, but I figured that Miria's Yoki Phantom would be far more impressive after 7 years time.
Spoiler for 118:
Old 2011-08-31, 00:44   Link #1007
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^spoiler tag that please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post

Spoiler for ch 118:
Spoiler for ch 118:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-08-31 at 01:07.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:45   Link #1008
Gooral
Banned

Just read another spoiler which makes this chapter more stupid even without Miria greatly improving her phantom :/. You don't want to know it, trust me. And where's the new thread? We need it, chapter will be any time now.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:47   Link #1009
Kain999

Quote:
Just read another spoiler which makes this chapter more stupid even without Miria greatly improving her phantom :/. You don't want to know it, trust me. And where's the new thread? We need it, chapter will be any time now.
Dun keep us in suspense. Share it here.

It's bad enough that i have no life and is refreshing the pages every few minutes waiting for the chapter to come up.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:48   Link #1010
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
But hearing the bad spoilers is half the fun. Post it already
Old 2011-08-31, 06:48   Link #1011
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
word.

Quote:
Just read another spoiler which makes this chapter more stupid even without Miria greatly improving her phantom :/. You don't want to know it, trust me.
I'd prefer to decide that myself, thank you. In case you don't wanna share it please don't mention you're sitting it on it and everybody will be happier.
Old 2011-08-31, 07:28   Link #1012
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I'd prefer to decide that myself, thank you. In case you don't wanna share it please don't mention you're sitting it on it and everybody will be happier.
Why so serious? The post I made was also to make sure that people won't be interested in it and once I saw that it's not true I posted it.
Old 2011-08-31, 07:38   Link #1013
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
The post I made was also to make sure that people won't be interested in it
you mention there exists another spoiler and you happen to have it. so after you got everybody interested you go on to present your judgement of the spoiler, kindly deciding for all of us that it's not worth reading, which nobody would have done anyways if you hadn't mentioned it in the first place. 0.o

Quote:
Why so serious
Well, er ... it's not that hard to figure out really ...

Quote:
once I saw that it's not true I posted it.
where? maybe I missed it, dunno. I saw no spoiler posted by you below that comment I replied to.. Not that it matters anyways, I since found out that some time soon it won't matter anyhow
Old 2011-08-31, 07:40   Link #1014
Gooral
Banned

lol
You know there's 118th thread right? Fail with capital F. Once I knew this information I've requested Pellissier to create a thread, which he did a minute later and then I've posted it. Chill out.
Old 2011-08-31, 07:42   Link #1015
haegar
mangaviking

ah. my bad. logged in and checked threads via UserCP which got me to 117 - and since you mentioned need for 118 thread just some posts back here I assumed there was none yet.

Fail indeed, srys