AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-16, 17:52   Link #121
Shenlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Is there any way I can watch this 'famous' OP without downloading the whole episode? I simply don't have the bandwidth right now... >_<
There was a link earlier in the thread to a clip of the OP, look for it
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 17:59   Link #122
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryMaltExtract
OGM is fine....but why 233MB? OH THE HUMANITY! Hopefully when I cut the OP/ED I can still get 4 per cd.
There are two types of encodes that are released on Winny in the initial week after it airs: the 130MB one and the 230MB one. (Windows Media encodes don't count.) Which would you guys prefer in the future?
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 18:00   Link #123
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlong
There was a link earlier in the thread to a clip of the OP, look for it
Those links don't work anymore... x_x
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 18:04   Link #124
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

230 if the 130 looks bad.....I never watch the OP/ED for stuff anyway.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 18:20   Link #125
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Is there any way I can watch this 'famous' OP without downloading the whole episode? I simply don't have the bandwidth right now... >_<
I cut the OP out. You got 17 megs of bandwidth?

http://www.think4me.com:6969/
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 18:57   Link #126
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarBhaD
By the way, didn't you have any problem while playing the ogm files? I generally don't have but this file is weird. When I try to step backwards or jump to another scene, the sound is gone for at least 5 seconds. And that's too much time. Does anyone have the same problem? I use mpc latest version.
It does that to me too. I tried 4 different players with the same result.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:01   Link #127
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

@GarBhaD: go over here and join the discussion.
I was thinking of posting there to back up mantidor a bit, but I dont know what to write yet other than I find loli disgusting... "kiss kiss.. onii - sama" *argh*
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:04   Link #128
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i had a problem playing the ogm of ep. 2:
maybe it was the player i was using (VideoLAN) but certain parts where the characters had REALLY long lines (2 rows on normal subtitles) it wouldn't go down a line and just run on, blocking my vision of the beginning and end of the sentence(s)
oh, and anyone got a link to a place i could download something to make gifs?

ah, and garbhad, i'm sorry but i can't understand how people couldn't find this series absolutely adorable (of course, i have a passion for cute girls...no i don't have a lolita complex -_-)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:30   Link #129
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Until now, only the opening went into that direction. The rest of the show was good.
...hm, we already knew the op was weird, hopefully it will remain the only negative thing in this show.

I have to admit I`m kind of hypnotized my "neko-mimmi-mode" though...
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:32   Link #130
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
First time I saw the OP, I thought it was the dumbest thing.

I can't get enough of it now. It's stuck in my head. Must be some sort of subliminal mind control. We'll all be zombies by the end of the series.
It grows on you...kind of like going to Disney World in Florida and hearing"It's a small world after all..." a few times and finding that melody sticks with you longer than your vacation money does.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 22:37   Link #131
Oisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i had a problem playing the ogm of ep. 2:
maybe it was the player i was using (VideoLAN) but certain parts where the characters had REALLY long lines (2 rows on normal subtitles) it wouldn't go down a line and just run on, blocking my vision of the beginning and end of the sentence(s)

ah, and garbhad, i'm sorry but i can't understand how people couldn't find this series absolutely adorable (of course, i have a passion for cute girls...no i don't have a lolita complex -_-)

Have you tried Flash? It will let you save your files as a gif. You can get a free 30 day trial of it from macromedia's website. Macromedia
Oisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 22:37   Link #132
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I cut the OP out. You got 17 megs of bandwidth?

http://www.think4me.com:6969/
YAY THANKS!

Edit: Hmm...even though you are seeding, for some reason I can't download from you; is it because I'm using ABC and not Azureus? If not, then can someone else with spare bandwidth try to download it and seed for me? Thanks! >_<

Quote:
I heard GIMP is a good freeware GIF maker...go google it and try it out! (I prefer Adobe ImageReady)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
@GarBhaD: go over here and join the discussion.
I was thinking of posting there to back up mantidor a bit, but I dont know what to write yet other than I find loli disgusting... "kiss kiss.. onii - sama" *argh*
Aww, joo dun like teh rori either?
But yes, you should go support manti; there were too many of us in that thread and it needs some balancing out!

Quote:
I expected some "oniichan" nonsense just by looking and the promos, like in lots of other shows I've watched. But Tsukuyomi goes far beyond, delighting on its own shamelessness. Why japanese like this kind of thing that much? I can't understand how can you see this anime as cute while I found it pretty perverse (in the bad sense).
Wow, pretty strong feelings...someone is sure fed up with the "oniichan" nonsense!

Quote:
I find it adorable, too, although I'm very aware of its excessive fan-pleasing gimmicks.
Old 2004-10-17, 12:34   Link #133
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I find the OP to be extremely cute and full of potential GIF...it's like a goldmine for me!

Thanks again, TronDD!
Old 2004-10-17, 14:32   Link #134
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
Maybe I went a bit overboard with my previous statements, but that opening is evil. It gives me the creeps.
I just stumbled upon the raw manga and found out some interesting facts.
1st Hazuki doesn't wear the "cat ears" band, and her dress isn't so outrageous. I think she looks cuter that way. The cat ears appear from time to time (vampire powers?) prolly as a comedic enhancer (and it does a good job ).
2nd The show won't be very long, because there are 8 volumes and a half out, and with just 2 episodes we have seen the first half of the first volume. If you check the numbers, the series can't be more than 13 episodes unless they do lots of fillers or change the story.Prolly, they will do the second
Now I have to end my Japanese studies to be able to read it...
I don't see how you can fit the manga into 13 eps...
There's just too much that would not make it by making it that short.
I have checked all vols that are out, and also the chapters that are published so far that will make it into vol9.
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 14:39   Link #135
Akirasuto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodar
I don't see how you can fit the manga into 13 eps...
There's just too much that would not make it by making it that short.
I have checked all vols that are out, and also the chapters that are published so far that will make it into vol9.
Edit: Blah, just double check, apparantly I got wrong chapter count. But anyway vol 9 is a definite as nekodar said.

Last edited by Akirasuto.; 2004-10-17 at 15:03.
Akirasuto. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 14:42   Link #136
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
that reminds me, are both the anime and manga different? if so, in what sense?

oh, only 13 episodes? Oh, well, if it's done with quality then i dont mind watching it. *Neko Mimi Mode~!*
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 15:59   Link #137
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

if you consider the director's past work, SoulTaker (13 episodes even though it could have potentially gone on longer...especially when you see just how many flickers there were at the very end of the series) and Cosette (an OVA series) i wouldn't be surprised (nor would i mind) if Tsukuyomi was only 13 episodes, the whole hyper cute vampire girl thing may wear thin past that
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 16:48   Link #138
outlawed

Quote:
I just watched eps 1 & 2 of Tsukuyomi series and...
It started very well until I saw that horrible op.
Really man, this takes the lolicon thing to a new degree
You just don't understand, do you? If you don't know what moe is and aren't interested in it, why are you watching a moe anime show?

I'm not even going to bother explaining the obvious reasons for the cat ears.

Simply put if you did not like what you saw and aren't interested in it then don't bother watching this show. The rest of the episodes are going to be more of the same.
outlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 16:51   Link #139
outlawed

Moon in the OP

The udon that Hazuki pops out of is tsukimi udon. Udon with an egg in it; to make it look like a full moon. Basically all the things she's in and doing are connected to the moon. I don't get the egg omlete at the end. Is it just shaped like the crescent moon or is there more to it?
outlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 17:56   Link #140
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
YAY THANKS!

Edit: Hmm...even though you are seeding, for some reason I can't download from you; is it because I'm using ABC and not Azureus? If not, then can someone else with spare bandwidth try to download it and seed for me? Thanks! >_<

I heard GIMP is a good freeware GIF maker...go google it and try it out! (I prefer Adobe ImageReady)

Aww, joo dun like teh rori either?
But yes, you should go support manti; there were too many of us in that thread and it needs some balancing out!

Wow, pretty strong feelings...someone is sure fed up with the "oniichan" nonsense!

I find it adorable, too, although I'm very aware of its excessive fan-pleasing gimmicks.
I've used Gimp for a while now and really like it. Its a bit fiddly, and no where near as user friendly as Photoshop CS (i had the demo and wished i had a grand to buy it ) All that said, it will do everything photoshop can do and a few extras. you can get it from downloads.com.

I tried making a gif for my avatar, but it didnt work right hehehe im still learning

Back in topic.....

Hazuki is cute, the show is cute, with dark undertones, hence the cute intro. Personally i think they deliberatly over did the cute factor so its one of those shows where your either in love with it or hate it with all your being, no middle ground.

Personally, if Kohei doesnt want her she can come live with me I've a sneaky feeling she's going to be one of those that wraps people around her finger no matter what, either using honey or the whip, in Kohei's case most likely both hehehe.

I love this show, but sadly i wont be getting it anymore if its released as .ogm files, my spyware program throws a fit on media player classic, and while i can get it to play in media player 10, you lose the subtitles.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen