AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-06-16, 19:09   Link #2001
Devard

Please don't post the same thing in two different threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Hm, anyone tried the DS/PS2 game? How close does it go with the novel? Im sure it certainly doesn't follow the anime, how about the novel? See some pretty unfamiliar characters(Like maw etc) poping up <_<.
The villain is an original character created specifically for the game. As such, the game's storyline does not follow the novel's.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 23:04   Link #2002
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
The villain is an original character created specifically for the game. As such, the game's storyline does not follow the novel's.
I was actually playing the game some time ago and was sort of stuck the first five minutes (actually, I'm still pretty stuck...), so that shed some light. lol ^^

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 11:11   Link #2003
LD19

I would like to ask for your help. Does anyone know of an english Shakugan no Shana fansite? I would really appreciate the help.
LD19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 11:19   Link #2004
alvinkhorfire

This info is from Mia9M1H0 from http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...=34890&page=23 . So, thanks to Mia9M1H0.

Ok, this is the info of the game (I know this supposed to be in console section but, this has to do with the anime, so...):

The game is divided in two part: Adventure based in CGs (like To Heart, Shuffle, Pia Carrot (more likely Pia Carrot that the others), etc.) and the Battle based in RPG/Strategy, where you control Shana and kick ass every Tomogara and Flame Haze you encounter with (*spoil!!* even has a battle where Shana has to fight in her Swimsuit!!!!). The fight part is really good! I was amazed with how they didn't screw this up. It's based in turn and the attack command is like Xenogears (if you playes this, and I suppose everybody played, then you know what kind of command is), but you have to recharge your "Attack Point" to attack. You can move around in square based system, like tacical RPG and every turn you will recharge your AP that will be used either to fight or move. Now! the fighting! you can cancel the enemy's attack if you push in the right time and the right botton that he will use to attack you!! BUT! the enemy can cancel yours too!!! making a battle go for an hour or so! (my longest battle was about 2 hours!!! we lived canceling each other). Now, the Adventure path, it's like a dating simulation bishojou game, but you only can go after Shana or Yoshida Kasumi, and through a "event timing" system you can have different event and different enemy (saddly there is only 2 point that you can differ the enemy to fight). By the way, the artist of the game is the same that did the art in Shakugan no Shana Novel.

Now, I explain this, I will post the story of game... don't worry, I will use the spoiler tag, so people that don't want to know the story of the game, then don't read it!

Spoiler for PS2 Game:
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 11:44   Link #2005
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Well I played twice, once fought Tenmouku Ikko, once fought Merihim at one point in time.

Hahaha, i just rushed through and pleased Shana in all possible way, got 3 bonus pictures =D.

Spoiler for Errr, slightly on the Shana Game:

Guess those are the endings they're talking about. Don't mind the pixelated kinda screen, it is on a DS in any case, taken on my k800i(I love it =D).

Last edited by Ratix; 2007-06-17 at 12:19.
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 01:18   Link #2006
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

help here.. i went to a shop and saw that shakugan no shana is NC16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I canot buy
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 04:11   Link #2007
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I had to google for NC16 to find out that it is a Singaporean rating restricting nudity and violence for those under the age of 16.

I really don't remember this show as having all that much violence. And pretty much no nudity. I wonder what the reasoning is for this rating.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 05:40   Link #2008
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I had to google for NC16 to find out that it is a Singaporean rating restricting nudity and violence for those under the age of 16.

I really don't remember this show as having all that much violence. And pretty much no nudity. I wonder what the reasoning is for this rating.
Not sure how Singapore is in relation to the US regarding ratings, or what is deemed culturaly appropriate, but OTOH, a few people get sliced up/impaled in the battles, and
Spoiler for :
Then there are the incest twins. There's no actual nudity, but there's serious Marjorie fanservice in the pool and summer festival episodes (poor girl can't find a yukata her size); bandaged Shana in the flashback arc is arguably suggestive, as are her bath scenes.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:08   Link #2009
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Good points all. Thanks for reminding me about those.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:03   Link #2010
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well.. look like my country is kind of a strict pla guess i have to ask some1 to buy for me
Old 2007-06-22, 13:50   Link #2011
Ratix

Im in Singapore and is 19... Lol, but why buy? Lol >_>
Old 2007-06-22, 21:41   Link #2012
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
cuz it license -_- and downloading will be illegal.
Old 2007-06-23, 15:03   Link #2013
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix
cuz it license -_- and downloading will be illegal.
Not just that, but if you can actually buy the DVDs of a show you enjoyed it supports the people who brought it to you (and hopefully they can stay in business to bring us more good stuff).

Even as a working adult, believe me I've had to save and shop around to collect Shana; fortunately there's only one volume left to go here in the US (scheduled for release on July 3rd). Still, it means about another week's worth of instant ramen lunches for me.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 15:48   Link #2014
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Even as a working adult, believe me I've had to save and shop around to collect Shana; fortunately there's only one volume left to go here in the US (scheduled for release on July 3rd). Still, it means about another week's worth of instant ramen lunches for me.
Yeah, looking forward to see the finale, (I didn't watch this fansubbed, and so far I have been able to avoid any spoilers ) and well before the second season starts too.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 18:48   Link #2015
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
That's why I, as a perpetually poor college student, am so aggravated when I don't get something before it's licensed... I spent a couple thousand $$ on anime before I came to college. Can't do that now. >_>

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 23:02   Link #2016
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Not just that, but if you can actually buy the DVDs of a show you enjoyed it supports the people who brought it to you (and hopefully they can stay in business to bring us more good stuff).

wow..week's worth of instand ramen. hope u don fall sick b4 u can buy the dvd
Old 2007-06-24, 06:02   Link #2017
Ratix

Ooo good news, SnS Movie DVD coming out on 21st September 2007...

Thats one more DVD to purchase lol.

Seems like theres 2 Versions... A limited Edition and a normal one...

Quote:
劇場公開時にカットされたシーンを加え、再ダビングを加えたディレクターズカットとして登場! !
<スペシャルコレクション仕様>(初回限定生産)
3ディスク収納デジパック仕様(表1:いとうのいぢ描き下ろしイラスト)
ピクチャーディスク
■ディスク1・ディレクターズカット版ディスク
内容:本編(約90分)
※劇場公開版にやむなくカットしたシーンを加え、再ダビングを加えた完全版。
■ディスク2・劇場公開版ディスク(約65分)
内容:劇場公開されたバージョンを収録
■ディスク3・映像特典ディスク
内容
・ドキュメント劇場版「灼眼のシャナ」(約60分)
※アフレコ模様、関係者インタビュー、イベント模様等の映像を収録
・新作おまけアニメ「灼眼のシャナたん@劇場版Ver」
・劇場版CM集
・劇場版プロモーション映像
・灼眼のシャナII先行プロモーション映像(ロンドローブ2007ver)
■音声特典
オーディオコメンタリー
1.シャナ役:釘宮理恵&悠二役:日野聡
2.フリアグネ役:諏訪部順一&マリアンヌ役:こやまきみこ
■封入特典
・グリモア型豪華解説書
(内容:ストーリー解説、キャラクター設定、各アニメ誌に掲載された劇場版のイラスト(いとうのいぢ、大塚 舞ほか)等を収録)
・絵コンテ集(劇場版制作時に新たに描き起こされた部分の絵コンテを収録)
・劇場フィルムカット封入
<通常版仕様>
アマレーケース(アニメ版権)
■ディレクターズカット版ディスク(1枚)
内容:本編(約90分)
■映像特典
・劇場版CM集
・劇場版プロモーション映像
■音声特典
オーディオコメンタリー
シャナ役:釘宮理恵&悠二役:日野聡
■初回封入特典
劇場フィルムカット封入
Just bought SnS manga today... Don't like the art style, Shana was nicely done in some but the overall art style was quite bland...
Old 2007-06-25, 07:02   Link #2018
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

hmm.. will the dvd have sub ?
Old 2007-06-25, 09:52   Link #2019
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Don't all DVDs have that option? O.o

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 10:55   Link #2020
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
for the price of the movie dvd,

Normal version: JPY 5040
Special collection: JPY 10290

reference
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000S93596/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000S9359G/

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere