AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 17:47   Link #1
Moonlith

Yet another "recommend" thread...

Right, I was wondering....

Given I mainly like Shounen, Comedy, and cute social interaction (Think Chidori and Sousuke from Full Metal Panic),

What anime would you people suggest, going along the trend of these:

- Fruits Basket
- Love Hina
- Gravitation
- Inukami
- Ouran High School

I'm in need of something new (And sorry for opening yet another of these sort of threads...)
Old 2007-10-02, 19:39   Link #2
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Great Teacher Onizuka, Vandread, Zero No Tsukaima and Onegai Twins

You will prob love all 4 of those... let me know if you do by posting here ;D
My Anime List
Old 2007-10-02, 21:24   Link #3
OneiChan

Send a message via MSN to OneiChan
I'll recommend Chobits. I think it would have the kind of humor and characters that you will like from the list you gave. I'd also recommend Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge , as it's good pairing for a fan of Ouran (very similar type of story and characters) or Gravitation ^_^
Old 2007-10-03, 01:30   Link #4
FLiPMaStAZ

Kaze No Stigma follows the Kaname / Sousuke relationship kinda except the male lead of Kaze is no quite as clueless and innocent as Sousuke but Kaname and the female lead are pretty similar though Kaname was developed much better

for comedy you should try Umisho kinda perverted funny but theres no nudity and you should be able to handle it
Old 2007-10-03, 01:38   Link #5
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiPMaStAZ View Post
Kaze No Stigma follows the Kaname / Sousuke relationship kinda except the male lead of Kaze is no quite as clueless and innocent as Sousuke but Kaname and the female lead are pretty similar though Kaname was developed much better
Kazuma is closer to being omniscient than being clueless.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-10-03, 07:31   Link #6
Pell14

sumomomo momomo
Old 2007-10-03, 10:16   Link #7
miaka

hayate no gotoku - comedy

la corda d'oro - not shounen, Its a shoujo anime but with lots of interesting interaction
Old 2007-10-03, 10:46   Link #8
mdauben

Quote:
- Fruits Basket
- Ouran High School
Reverse harems are much less common than the "normal" version, but I have heard several recomendations for Saiunkoku Monogari.

Quote:
- Love Hina
My first recomendation for people who liked Love Hina (aside from reading the manga) is to watch Ai Yori Aoshi. This is probably my favorite "harem" show, and has a much more sincere love story than most others (including Love Hina). After that, this is probably one of the most common of anime genre's, so there is lots to chose from. Some of my other favorites are D.C. Da Capo (the original series, not the second season D.C.S.S) which also has a nice love story in it, Nagasarete Airantō (Gilligans Island meets Harem anime), Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (harem in a girl's school), Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki (space girls harem), Kenkō Zenrakei Suieibu Umishō (girl's swim team harem) or Seto no Hanayome (a mermaid harem)

Quote:
- Inukami
If you are interested in another pervy main character, try Tonagura! (reunion of childhood friends hits a snage when the boy turns out to be a pervert).
Old 2007-10-03, 13:17   Link #9
S Class hunter Amon

Jyu oh sei.....it has something for everyone
Old 2007-10-07, 10:50   Link #10
LittleBuddy
Young Member

Well I would suggest Pita Ten. The characters are cute. It's romance, comedy and supernatural. I don't know if it's shounen.
Old 2007-10-17, 20:38   Link #11
Moonlith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie View Post
Great Teacher Onizuka, Vandread, Zero No Tsukaima and Onegai Twins

You will prob love all 4 of those... let me know if you do by posting here ;D
Ahh, I wanted to stall this 'update' untill I had watched more, but I'm afraid this thread might get flooded far too off, hence :P

-CENSORED- Great Teacher Onizuka, having seen the guy before in an AMV which was hilarious (YMCA, probably known around here). I deleted it after watching ep 1 though, not because it was bad, but because A) The 10 gyg space was really clogging x.x and B) the humor was only 'ok', so I might watch it some other time, in a few years perhaps. Who knows.

Vandread I haven't downloaded yet, although the male vs female stuff seems fun, it's mainly the futuristic / space theme that I don't really like all too much, mostly favouring medieval / fantasy themed or simply present-day.

Zero No Tsukaima I therefor am enjoying greatly! :P The art is great, the atmosphere is good, the interaction is quite cute as well. Currently at ep 1 season 2, liking it a lot! Thanks for this one x3

Onegai Twins - Not too sure what to expect from it. I'd have to look deeper into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Reverse harems are much less common than the "normal" version, but I have heard several recomendations for Saiunkoku Monogari.
Well, fruits basket I mainly like for the humor and the bishies, but that aside, it also has a very comfortable atmosphere, with most of the story occurring around the house itself. I like that. Simular with Ouran High School, most occurs in the school. And of course the humor and bishies....

Perhaps also relentless teasing / taunting is what I like, Kyou / Tamaki being the main (adorable) victims.

Quote:
If you are interested in another pervy main character, try Tonagura! (reunion of childhood friends hits a snage when the boy turns out to be a pervert).
Pervy male main char (or innocent and just ending up in bad situations) / Jealous abusive female main char, who doesn't love that? :P Inukami, Love Hina, Zero no Tsukaima, Full Metal Panic, they all future that. Or series with a guy desperately trying to get close to a girl but constantly failing, like in Aishiteruze baby, those are fun too :P . I've downloaded Tonagura, will watch it soon.

I've also been trying to get my paws on yamato nadeshiko shichi henge, but unfortunately, I can't seem to find a single working / proper torrent for it! ><

So much for a little 'update'.... ^^ Thanks for all the tips guys!

Last edited by Moonlith; 2007-10-18 at 06:20.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:02   Link #12
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlith View Post
I downloaded Great Teacher Onizuka, having seen the guy before in an AMV which was hilarious (YMCA, probably known around here). I deleted it after watching ep 1 though, not because it was bad, but because A) The 10 gyg space was really clogging x.x and B) the humor was only 'ok', so I might watch it some other time, in a few years perhaps. Who knows.
Firstly, GTO is licensed and has been for a long time, so probably best not to go shouting about how you downloaded it.

Secondly, the first ep is kinda pilot-ish. It just sets the scene, and the real story (and outrageous humour) doesn't really start for a few eps. The majority of anime can't be judged by the first episode. If it was, there wouldn't be the Haruhism cult that exists now, as one prime example.

It's a general 'rule' that you should give any series at least three episodes to prove itself, especially ones that are over the usual 24-26 episodes, as they will naturally start off slower, as GTO did.
Old 2007-10-18, 06:20   Link #13
Moonlith

Trust me, I know. I didn't say it was BAD either. I'm just saying at the moment it takes up too much space and I'm not sure I wanna have it clog up my PC while watching through 52 episodes.

-edit / censores his previous post-
Old 2007-10-18, 07:42   Link #14
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlith View Post
Trust me, I know. I didn't say it was BAD either. I'm just saying at the moment it takes up too much space and I'm not sure I wanna have it clog up my PC while watching through 52 episodes.

-edit / censores his previous post-
yeah ichira is right. ep 1 is just a pilot to him becomming a teacher. it doesnt properly start until after ep 3. you shall see. this anime is one of the highest ratest animes that has ever came out.

the class you saw him get isnt even his proper class. he moves city, gets a job as a pernment teacher and then you meet the rest of the main cast.
My Anime List
Closed Thread