AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-03, 00:07   Link #201
444yum
A person

A New chapter has been uploaded to Story #3 - Chosen Fate. You can check it out here.
Old 2010-08-03, 07:37   Link #202
Finalage
*Author

I'll be sure to check it out if I can...Ahh, speaking of which, Young Negi has been completed. (Finally.) It's Sequel, Alternate Blossoms, is up with it's prologue, and honestly, even though I say September ninth being when I'll launch the first chapter, you all know me better than that, I think...

If you want to read it, I warn you, it's rated "M".

Here is Alternate Blossoms...

The insane updater is at it again, the first chapter is already half done, and the other half will probably be done by today, ready for editing...but I'll try to slow down by working on other stories.
Old 2010-08-03, 08:34   Link #203
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
*Gulp* I've just read that chapter. I feel almost scared reading that.

Since that's some M rated, I'll give you this. It's not part of the PotM main story, but I'll write it for the fun of it.

Spoiler for Honeymoon day 1:

Spoiler for Notes:

Your thoughts?

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-08-03, 08:59   Link #204
Finalage
*Author

Don't be scared...I can't get too explicit...stress the too.

It is indeed, interesting...although, Honeymoon does seem to be a bit stretched, yet, I can see the sinister side of it hiding behind. If you want to keep the word, could add another to steer it in the right way...ha ha, but honestly, what kind of Honeymoon is one where you have to stave off an invasion? A Sourmoon more like it. (I'm not putting that up as a title choice by the way...it's just terrible. Blame lack of sleep. So's Honeylit Night, what's up with my head today?! Gahh!

I like the Mad Crossover here though. I wonder if the married duo will meet a friendly one to help them along?

You're planning on making this M or no? (Taking this from your first sentence.)
Old 2010-08-03, 09:09   Link #205
Kurush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post

I like the Mad Crossover here though. I wonder if the married duo will meet a friendly one to help them along?

You're planning on making this M or no? (Taking this from your first sentence.)
You need sleep, Final. Get some.

Yes, this will be rated M as well. I have yet to post it up and I don't lie when I say that I need assistance in ideas and fun sides to it.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-08-03, 09:46   Link #206
Finalage
*Author

Sleep, the bliss that escapes me not due to fault of my own, but a fault of my lifestyle, work and study truly will be my undoing. Ehh, I had five hours last night, better than usual, I'll live.

Well, I have been trying to practice the fun side of my writing too. (Lord knows I need too.) One reason Alternate Blossoms is here. Sure, it's going to get scary, dangerous, and definitely heated and grim, but the sheer fact that I can find so many ways to poke fun at the storyline I have planned out gives me ample opportunity...

Seems to me that you have two choices, one, the popular road and one the not so popular road, both of which had their ups and obvious downs, look at it as Order and Chaos if you will.

The insane engine starts again. Come on you pencil pushing brain cells...basic outline first, you probably already had this in your head.

Spoiler:

That's the obvious stuff, now for a few ideas...

Spoiler:

Does that help any?
Old 2010-08-03, 12:50   Link #207
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I should be posting a few crack pairing (and beyond...) pieces here later, so in the meanwhile, to test the waters out, I'll be posting a mini-fic I wrote on a dare for another board here.

Spoiler for Crack Pairing! You have been warned!:
Old 2010-08-03, 13:21   Link #208
Finalage
*Author

That was a nice play for a mini. Very nice. Althgouh, perhaps because it's a mini, it leaves me with a sense of being...unfinished, and I can't tell why.

Which is good in it's own way, makes me look deeper. Ehh, mini is as mini does. It might help to go into those years and years just a bit, but nah. It's good.
Old 2010-08-04, 01:51   Link #209
Kurush

Quote:

Spoiler:

That's the obvious stuff, now for a few ideas...

Spoiler:

Does that help any?
That helps a great deal, to some extent. I tried replying earlier, but the Internet connection got cut off. I doubt I'll be taking the unpopular route, if that's what's gonna happen. Plot Armor and all that.

Well, I won't say anything about the parties' involvement other than that one of them sent Negi there, and he's not likely one to kill him.

To answer your question, the happy couple +1 will be staying in a private villa in Marbella, Spain's equivalent of Las Vegas. It's a party town filled with 'stinking' rich people willing to spend some cash. I give thanks to Piers Morgan for having done a tour of the place and then put it on TV.

Old 2010-08-04, 10:55   Link #210
Finalage
*Author

I'm probably the weird one who likes to take upopular routes, just to see what I can up with, what I can take. I look at it as an excercise...like Alternate Blossoms, which I couldn't help but update.

Alternate Blossoms, Chapter One.

Classic unpopular route, that makes most want to shrink away and hide. I'll write for it though, and I'll make it work....enough of that however, I ramble. I knew the moment I updated, I.E, too late, that this would spark fire on some souls. This...will scare a lot of people.

My whole point though is to provide a problem that needs solving, like this one, and tackle it. You can probably tell as well as I that this one's big, and that it'll take a whole lot of water to put out this bonfire.

As for your bit, a Las Vegas equivalent? Oooh, I see posibilities already...I wonder how good of a gambler Negi is...or his wife for that matter? Ha ha! How about a little friendly competition, betting wise, against one of these..."stinking" rich people? All in the spirit of competition, I'm sure.

Yet, my mind ranges too far ahead. You said I helped you to "some extent." is there something else I can try to help yah with?
Old 2010-08-04, 13:04   Link #211
Kurush

For the moment, no. I'm doing good so far.

Old 2010-08-04, 16:08   Link #212
Finalage
*Author

Ahh, just to say, I have decided to explore the lighter side of things. A crack fic centering around the paring of Satomi and Negi. I've never seen it done before, so I'm going to try... you can view it here...once I get something to give me the proper link...come on Fanfiction, update...

It's called "Resistance Hertz." Yes, I know, stupid title...or is it?

Here we go!

Resistance Hertz

A bit of "humor-ish" ishy -ish look into this is what I'm taking.
Old 2010-08-04, 21:38   Link #213
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I actually love the Negi/Satomi pairing. They would make such an interesting contrast of rationality and emotionality if they ever got together.

It's been very well written so far! I am eager to read more!
Old 2010-08-04, 21:56   Link #214
Finalage
*Author

Thank you for that.

I would repeat what I said in Fan Fiction, but I know myself better than that. Most likely, I'll cave in and write, edit and submit another chapter for that by tomorrow and if not then than the next day, If I have time to type. I'm an impulsive writer like that...but ayi, I see mistakes, this is what happens when you write something in about twenty five minutes.

I have to say though, I always thought Chao looked a whole lot like Satomi...and the fact they were such close friends...it pulled on me since the beginning.
Old 2010-08-04, 22:06   Link #215
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
I have to say though, I always thought Chao looked a whole lot like Satomi...and the fact they were such close friends...it pulled on me since the beginning.
Eh, if only Satomi were closer to Negi, I'd put more faith on Chao being her descendant than Ku Fei's. Scientific talent of that degree just has to be hereditary.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:28   Link #216
Finalage
*Author

They always say it is the slow yet steady progressing relationsships that one had to watch out for...still, Negi hardly gives the girl more than a glance, true enough.

Gah! I never recieved five PM's in one day before, people are attacking me about both Alternate Blossoms and Resistance Hertz, although, the feedback is generally warm. *eyespin*

There is this one person though that keeps trying to push me into making Resistance Hertz into a Negima Neo story...although, most likely, it's going to borrow ideas from both for sheer lack of Satomi work in the original...but trying to tell them that is a different story...ha ha.

As for the story itself, I just need some material right now, and it's coming in my head...now actually...and there, I knew it would happen. I have updated...now if only fanfiction would give me the link...there we go.

Resistance Hertz, Chapter One.

I'm not used to writing things short like this...ahh well.

Last edited by Finalage; 2010-08-05 at 15:21.
Old 2010-08-05, 18:04   Link #217
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Have more trust in yourself! The story is coming out quite nicely, I think. No need to get nervous yet about its quality, IMHO.

So, is Negi going to stay with Satomi in this continuity, or will he still live with Asuna and Konoka? For the sake of variation, I'm hoping for the former.

Edit: I don't get it. Why is my story marked as 'not found'/'unable to find' in FF.Net?

Edit 2: Never mind. It seems both my story and yours are back there. Odd how they disappeared from public sight for a while, though.

Last edited by OverMaster; 2010-08-05 at 21:52.
Old 2010-08-05, 21:28   Link #218
Finalage
*Author

FanFiction has "problems" with newly added stories, although those problems have increased recently do to whatever updates they are planning. I notice little new blurbs of information they are telling my, like saying that links cannot be sent through PM's, something I already knew, and the fact they got rid of the "MA" rating...how long ago?

It'll find your story...once it realizes it has it still. It's still listed on your profile at least. If it takes longer than you think it should report it to them.

Got it! Your story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6208006/...Stand_Together

Speaking from personal experience, on a large website such as this, the admins and mods are probably trying to renovate the site while still keeping it active. (A production effort that's more trouble than it's worth if you ask me.)

I was actually planning for him to stay with Satomi and whomever her actual roommate is, just for that very purpose, variety...and little bit of opportunity for character bonding...

As for self trust, I'm just not used to writing this kind of stuff. I did promise myself that I would try and expand my platform though. So, I am. I thank you for the feedback though, really. (Sounds so bland.)
Old 2010-08-05, 22:30   Link #219
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
I was actually planning for him to stay with Satomi and whomever her actual roommate is, just for that very purpose, variety...and little bit of opportunity for character bonding...
In manga canon, she apparently lives alone. In Negima?!, she was roommates with Chisame.

Maybe it's an egoist request, but I'd be thankful if you went with the former for your story, since I have a Negi/Hakase/Chisame retelling of my own I might like to try some day.
Old 2010-08-06, 10:44   Link #220
Finalage
*Author

I was actually originally planning that, for them to be alone together, but then I thought more practically for the need to have another there...after all, Satomi is famous for having a "lack of common sense." Something you seriously need in Negi's case, or he'll run circles around you.

Of course, while this might be funny to portray, I think the need to keep Negi in optimal form prevails here. I did briefly think about Chisame, but not much more than a secondary force. My more prevalent thought was Chao being another dorm-mate, perhaps providing some internal tension during the Chao arc right then and there, possibly even drastically changing the whole line of the story...he he....