AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-28, 02:26   Link #21
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I just watched the commentary for episode 5 and the interaction between Kanako and Kyousuke reminded me of Hachikuji and Araragi. I wish they actually talked like that in the novel because that would be awesome.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-02-28 at 03:29.
Old 2011-02-28, 02:57   Link #22
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I wouldn't have known about this without your post good sir. Going to check it out.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2011-02-28, 05:16   Link #23
Maugomale

Kanako's a perceptive girl, isn't she? She made a good point about the opening being a love song sung from Kirino's perspective. She also seems aware of Kirino's feelings...

Kuroneko also said something interesting about her in the sixth one: that Kirino's never honest, and how she's like an impenetrable wall.

For commentary episodes, they sure are expanding on the characters's backgrounds, and I love that.
Old 2011-03-01, 05:41   Link #24
Duckys
Quackers.

Aaah, I love how the commentary already pokes at the true ending of the series, or should I say what happens in the light novel in Volume 7.

Spoiler for What happens:

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2011-03-03, 07:32   Link #25
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i think the commentaries get better from their previous ones, also like how they hint at future stuff
Old 2011-03-03, 09:12   Link #26
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

I watched al the commentaries except the first and the second. I enjoyed the 4th one with Ayase if I'm not mistaken and the 6th one the most
Old 2011-03-03, 10:51   Link #27
klare

i watched all the commentaries 1-6, i like the one with Kuroneko and Manami, the 2 quiet girls but with interesting conversations

also good to see Kanoko revealed much more about themselves

there suppose to be extra scenes in eps 5 and 6, anybody notice?
Old 2011-03-08, 17:48   Link #28
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Kuroneko also said something interesting about her in the sixth one: that Kirino's never honest, and how she's like an impenetrable wall.
One thing I've found interesting about 5 and 6 is how Kuroneko and Kanako have different opinions about Kirino.

Kanako: She may say some outrageous things, but Kirino never lies.
Kuroneko: She was lying, of course.

Two sides of Kirino? Or just different situations?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-03-09, 22:40   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Watching Manami and Kuroneko in a friendly battle-of-wills was interesting indeed. I don't see either one of them giving up without a fight. I also enjoyed Kanako a lot more than I expected - she didn't make much of an impression on me in the series.

Highlight for me was, "I just realized I can never invite this girl over to my house."
Old 2011-03-11, 08:40   Link #30
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
One thing I've found interesting about 5 and 6 is how Kuroneko and Kanako have different opinions about Kirino.

Kanako: She may say some outrageous things, but Kirino never lies.
Kuroneko: She was lying, of course.

Two sides of Kirino? Or just different situations?
She has two sides of life so..

with otaku mates > tsuntsun

with classmates > deredere

Old 2011-04-16, 11:21   Link #31
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha, I just finished watching the 7th Animated Commentary. If you've been watching Madoka you just have to check out this commentary.
Old 2011-04-16, 16:40   Link #32
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Yay finally a new volume. I was a little worried due to the incident in Japan this would have been delayed longer but its nice to see that we're still getting them.

(Huh? my last message was deleted? I wonder what I said...)
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2011-04-16, 17:29   Link #33
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So the Blu ray/DVD version of episode 8 has an extra scene at the beginning of Kirino and Ayase talking about the novel at school. I hadn't realized new scenes were being animated for the home release. Have there been other new scenes in previous episodes?
Old 2011-04-16, 19:06   Link #34
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Haven't watched it in full yet...but Thanatos Eros(?) being voiced by Hayami Saori (i.e. Ayase's seiyuu) is hilarious

edit: Oh, and I like the Daisuke - Saori combo for episode 8. It's a nice commentary for Kyousuke.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-04-18 at 04:34.
Old 2011-04-17, 13:37   Link #35
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

#7 - Interesting group of commentators. Was better when Meruru showed up. Funny how Comet changed 180 in personality once she appeared. Liked how the witch wanted to kill Kyousuke throughout the ep.

#8 - Another interesting grouping. The dad is the best. Liked when he got super angry then cheered for Kyousuke stepping up.
Old 2011-05-10, 00:30   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Outstanding animated commentaries again with Vol. 5. The highlight was probably hearing Kana Hanazawa do her Ayana Taketatatsu impression - in the guise of Kuroneko doing her Kirino impression.
Old 2011-05-10, 00:43   Link #37
Kagayaki

I really enjoyed watching Kirino and KanaKana interact. (I'll let you decide whether that's my Yukari Tamura fanboyism talking or not ) Kirino imagining Kanako as her imouto was funny.

Also, Saori was fun to watch. She says that if they showed her face, she would instantly become the main heroine, lol.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:13   Link #38
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

9- Liked how Kirino went gaga over Kuroneko's little sister. Best was when Kuroneko said what the fans were saying about Kirino talking about her self. Saori's comment about becoming the heroine was great.

10 - Kanako is just too cute. Best part was when she said she would marry Kyousuke, then Kirino thought about having her as an imouto looking like Meruru.
Old 2011-06-03, 22:27   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Oh God, they're commenting on the commentaries now - even on imaginary commentaries. Make the meta-reality stop!!!

I especially liked imaginary Belphegor's "Kuroneko-san, I guess the real dirty whore is you instead of me." Lots of implied VN spoilage involving Kyouske and Ayasa, and strong, strong hints of a second anime season. These things are about as good as DVD extras get - entertaining, providing real insight and detailed analysis and giving the creators a chance to really play with the whole audience relationship. Great stuff.
Old 2011-06-04, 20:33   Link #40
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

*sighs*...I know we're not meant to talk about the quality of the subs, but leaving aside how extreme some of the language is, I think some people might get really confused by what Ayase said in the middle of the episode 11 commentary, about Kirino (from about 5:30):
"Kirino is actually a nice girl,
so she shouldn't hate or dislike anyone.
Meaning that if she does come to dislike someone,
then there's a good reason for it."
Also, at 9:41...
"Listen, you're starting to misunderstand Kirino's true personality by only seeing her as my little sister."

=> "Look, aren't you misunderstanding Kirino/my little sister somewhat?"

Other than that, I quite enjoyed these. Judging by what Ayase and Kyousuke talk about, it's set around/after volume 6?

I do wonder though, how many people who watch the beginning of the 12th one still think there's a possibility of an incest ending?

- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread