AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 20:18   Link #1
MasterVampire

Question Yosuga no Sora

Hey guys two things:

Are there any other anime series out there like Yosuga no Sora?

Also Im not sure about this but friend of mine told me that there wont be any other tv series made like that because its too explicit being borderline hentai because of some new laws? Is that right? I remember reading something about that a while back but can't remember.
Old 2011-11-03, 22:00   Link #2
Elegance

So your not talking about arcs but the borderline hentai?
Kiss x Sis especially the ova's
Old 2011-11-04, 01:28   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Aki Sora is pretty much like Yosuga no Sora. There was a huge controversy about the series in general and how the way it ended.
Old 2011-11-04, 06:26   Link #4
Seiryuu

There were stricter rules placed on what material could be published or aired I believe. I don't know what the rules were, so I don't know whether something like that would be able to air now. Frankly, that series shouldn't have been tv though, with it being that explicit. KissXSis is a little explicit at times, but it doesn't have that much except in the OVAs.
For borderline hentai on OVA, you could do Aki-Sora, Canvas~Motif of Sepia~, Fencer of Minerva, or I believe Kakyuusei(the original).
Old 2011-11-04, 06:44   Link #5
Undertaker

The new law is too murky to make of major change. The general rule was that no private parts can be shown on public TV but doesn't apply to cable station and absolutely no female genitalia. There is timeslot where more ecchi shows can air (such as after mid-night).
Old 2011-11-06, 20:50   Link #6
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yes, fuck that law!

Although Aki Sora is most similar (even share the same director), it's a rather large step down from YnS in pretty much every conceivable way. Yes, the sex is somehow actually worse so I can't say I can recommend it. The characters are a lot weaker too, due to the fail male lead.

I would just go with Kiss x Sis OVAs which avoids taking itself seriously and has the most explicit ecchi this side of town besides hentai.

I know manga is not as cool, but To Love Ru Darkness comes closest to defying these laws. If they ever made an adaptation...
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-07, 05:19   Link #7
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Are you looking for shows similar in style, or similar in explicitness and incestuous themes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
There were stricter rules placed on what material could be published or aired I believe. I don't know what the rules were, so I don't know whether something like that would be able to air now. Frankly, that series shouldn't have been tv though, with it being that explicit. KissXSis is a little explicit at times, but it doesn't have that much except in the OVAs.
To be fair, as far as I know the "explicit" cut of Yosuga no Sora most westerners got via fansub was never aired on regular TV - only subscription channels.

Although to be honest I actually preferred the scene where Haruka and Akira take a bath together to the actual sex scenes... its just so damn cute.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:18   Link #8
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Hey guys two things:

Are there any other anime series out there like Yosuga no Sora?

Also Im not sure about this but friend of mine told me that there wont be any other tv series made like that because its too explicit being borderline hentai because of some new laws? Is that right? I remember reading something about that a while back but can't remember.
y not just watch hentai..... if u like that anime y not just watch hentai...
Old 2011-11-07, 18:40   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
y not just watch hentai..... if u like that anime y not just watch hentai...
I'm going to say because, unlike most hentai anime, this show actually had a fair bit going for it beyond just sex. The characters, the atmosphere, the tension and drama... I can tell you personally that I dislike most hentai anime, but quite liked this show. This show certainly had its challenges in terms of how much material they tried to cover in such a short show, but I don't think it can really be put in the same category as your average hentai OVA series (which generally only use what little story is there to string sex scenes together).

Granted, there are a few of the more "softcore" hentai productions, as were already mentioned, that come passably close to this balance between story content and erotic scenes, and some of those were already mentioned. But it's really rare.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:23   Link #10
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, Yosuga no Sora has some respect for accuracy of human anatomy. Not the best, but certainly above many a hentai.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-14, 06:16   Link #11
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Aki Sora is pretty much like Yosuga no Sora. There was a huge controversy about the series in general and how the way it ended.
Sure???
Closed Thread