AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 22:03   Link #4901
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangmashang View Post
Well they've always loved to repeat animations to save some time as to making the anime, another good example would be when Kira in his Strike freedom fired all his lasers at the forces of PLANT and the Earth federation (shouting... "get out of here the whole place is going to explode!"(rough thought)... as he continues to kill both conflicting parties... lol) around two to three times, and his lock-on ability was used several times in conjunction with it.
You talking about Seed when Kira got the Freedom and blitzed his way towards Orb. And then yelled at everybody, to get out because of the Cyclops System underneath everyone?

I think you confused "Freedom" with "Strike Freedom" and Seed with Destiny, and the scenarios.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:52   Link #4902
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
You talking about Seed when Kira got the Freedom and blitzed his way towards Orb. And then yelled at everybody, to get out because of the Cyclops System underneath everyone?

I think you confused "Freedom" with "Strike Freedom" and Seed with Destiny, and the scenarios.
You confused Alaska with Orb.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:01   Link #4903
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
You confused Alaska with Orb.
See! His confusion confused Me. ... ..
Old 2012-10-16, 23:07   Link #4904
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Well they've always loved to repeat animations to save some time as to making the anime, another good example would be when Kira in his Strike freedom fired all his lasers at the forces of PLANT and the Earth federation (shouting... "get out of here the whole place is going to explode!"(rough thought)... as he continues to kill both conflicting parties... lol) around two to three times, and his lock-on ability was used several times in conjunction with it.
Hmm, I was wondering how the lock-on ability of the Freedoms work. Are they all computer, similar to the haros with Lockon in 00 Trailblazer, or is it manual?

I mean it always seemed weird to me that a computer-guided lock-on system would require a SEED mode activation.

That would mean Kira goes SEED mode just to press a button but I never heard anything about Kira actually manually locking-on to targets with full burst.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:56   Link #4905
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Or the same engineers getting blown up constantly in the engine room.

Or the trees getting blown up in victory gundam!

i mean, there is stockfootage everywhere, but Seed takes it to the max in the final episodes, with destiny taking it to a new level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Hmm, I was wondering how the lock-on ability of the Freedoms work. Are they all computer, similar to the haros with Lockon in 00 Trailblazer, or is it manual?

I mean it always seemed weird to me that a computer-guided lock-on system would require a SEED mode activation.

That would mean Kira goes SEED mode just to press a button but I never heard anything about Kira actually manually locking-on to targets with full burst.
if i recall correctly, Freedom's target computer can lock onto 10 (or 5) targets at once, and it's the Computer who targets, not Kira
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:02   Link #4906
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kira likely uses SEED mode to better his control of the Freedom and reaction time when using the full salvo attacks to minimize casualties and hit as many enemies as possible. Taking out heads and arms without hitting the cockpit using plasma cannons or the multi-phase beam cannon certainly can't be easy.
Old 2012-10-17, 00:35   Link #4907
monster

Quote:
It doesn't. It's just that Kira's mental state allows him to enter SEED mode when he is prepared to fight against multiple enemies.
Quote:
That would mean Kira goes SEED mode just to press a button
Don't underestimate the impact a single push of a button can make, especially when it's connected to a weapon.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:50   Link #4908
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kira likely uses SEED mode to better his control of the Freedom and reaction time when using the full salvo attacks to minimize casualties and hit as many enemies as possible. Taking out heads and arms without hitting the cockpit using plasma cannons or the multi-phase beam cannon certainly can't be easy.

That's probably the case but the problem I saw was that whenever we saw Full Burst activated, the multi-lock system screen only shows dots on radar-like display being targeted but Full Burst only disables the targets it hits. The targeting system doesn't have the precision to aim at specific parts only entire mobile suits, from what we've seen from the show.

So that means that either Kira programmed Full-Burst to only disable or Kira has some input on where he's shooting during Full-Burst.

My conjecture is that the computer multi-locks on to targets for Kira who then somehow aims the weapons to disable the targets that have been locked-on to.

I really wish the CE universe technology and AUs in general would be more fleshed out and explained like UC. It brings more depth to the universe even if based on fake science.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:59   Link #4909
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It doesn't. It's just that Kira's mental state allows him to enter SEED mode when he is prepared to fight against multiple enemies. Don't underestimate the impact a single push of a button can make, especially when it's connected to a weapon.
I meant that it would be weird if Full-Burst required superhuman abilities granted from SEED mode if it was merely pressing a button. An example would be: Do people need superhuman abilities to mouse click?

(SEED mode is basically upping all the stats of a person and possibly giving them Newtype powers, as shown by Kira and Lacus. Like how evolution is in its name, it basically evolves the user into a New Human. Kind of like 00 and Innovators, just without the GN particles.)

, or maybe the button is actually extremely difficult to press so Kira needs super-strength and super concentration to press down on it.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:21   Link #4910
Gundamx

Multi-lock system use x-y-z system = need math > that why he enter seed mode.
Newtype just think to hit your target but full burst/DRAGONs need a lot of maths to know where your enemy is in 3d map(ball).

(At least that what I tell myself...)

Last edited by Gundamx; 2012-10-18 at 12:30.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 19:35   Link #4911
I Fail at Life

When someone goes Seed Mode they usually perform some type of move/maneuver/counter.

example: Freedom vs Saviour final engagement. Kira goes *Seed Mode* in which he throws away Freedom's shield (knowing his first attempt might get blocked/parried) as he lunges towards Athrun, in which they then collide and Freedom gets parried. So because he threw away the shield his hand is free to use the other beam saber for a ''sweeping strike'' and we get that scene.

That's a example of going Seed Mode to perform some type of move/maneuver, what ever that may be ''Full Burst'' or Anything.

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-10-17 at 19:47.
Old 2012-10-17, 19:42   Link #4912
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@zeroexia:
Keep in mind that a full burst attack is usually followed by a lot of melee, in which case Seed becomes extremely useful. Kira's combat strategy relies a lot on shock value, so I guess he enters Seed mode to keep up the pace after a full burst.

As for the targeting system.. I guess it's similar to what you'll find in a modern jet fighter.. The Freedom's targeting system is probably more sophisticated in terms of signal processing, search method and lock & track, aided by a more advanced supercomputer.

If we go by the "lock-on" sequence from the anime, Freedom (and SF) can search for 2 targets at the same time and it can lock-on to dozens of them at the same time. But the most impressive thing is of course the sheer speed of this process. (Destiny Gundam for example also has a targeting system, but it was shown to be much slower at search and lock.)

In the end the targeting system's job is to lock-on to a target and track it, Kira still has to maneuver the MS and fire on his own.. And I'm guessing that the OS allows him to manually aim at a specific part of the enemy MS while it's being tracked. And he probably can also select which weapon to use against which MS and in which order.. I guess that requires some skill.
Old 2012-10-17, 20:29   Link #4913
I Fail at Life

On a unrelated note(well of what's been discussed here recently anyway) who here agree's with me when i say Clotho pilot of Raider is the best out of the 3.
Old 2012-10-17, 20:53   Link #4914
Kirayuki

I don't think the best is the right word for it, more like he's the most stable one out of 3.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 21:53   Link #4915
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I don't think the best is the right word for it, more like he's the most stable one out of 3.
Orga is the most stable between all 3. And you can say which one out of the 3 performed the best, which is what im gettin at.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:05   Link #4916
Kirayuki

Quote:
Orga is the most stable between all 3. And you can say which one out of the 3 performed the best, which is what im gettin at.
Maybe I wasn't clear, I meant someone who takes battle seriously too aside from having proper mental state. In this case. I can't really agree with you about Orga here when earlier during the battle of ORB he likes to play around a bit by shooting at the other two.

As for who really performed the best. I don't think each of them are actually superior than each other, maybe Clotho get a credit for being the last one who died but that's it I guess. By kill count, I think Orga comes out as a winner (but then again they are against grunts, they are pretty much equal with each other when facing Kira & Athrun).
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 22:19   Link #4917
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
On a unrelated note(well of what's been discussed here recently anyway) who here agree's with me when i say Clotho pilot of Raider is the best out of the 3.
My take is like this:
  • Orga: The “leader” as in: the most stable out of the three. He also love to “hitch-hike” .

• Shani: The childish one. He whines & sulk and his action in a battle is not far from a child playing with his “cool toy” and when Athrun ruined it, he throws a tantrum and get mad at him. Thus, if not for orders, he always choose to take down Justice out of the two ZGMF Gundams.

• Clotho: The most aggressive out of the three. I also think that he’s the best in battle though it’s partly due to Raider has more varied arsenal than Calamity (where Orga can only beam spam). He took down Dearka in Buster and nearly finished Yzak in Duel too while running out of drugs. I’d say, piloting a Gundam aside, his skill is superb.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:30   Link #4918
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My take is like this:
  • Orga: The “leader” as in: the most stable out of the three. He also love to “hitch-hike” .

• Shani: The childish one. He whines & sulk and his action in a battle is not far from a child playing with his “cool toy” and when Athrun ruined it, he throws a tantrum and get mad at him. Thus, if not for orders, he always choose to take down Justice out of the two ZGMF Gundams.

• Clotho: The most aggressive out of the three. I also think that he’s the best in battle though it’s partly due to Raider has more varied arsenal than Calamity (where Orga can only beam spam). He took down Dearka in Buster and nearly finished Yzak in Duel too while running out of drugs. I’d say, piloting a Gundam aside, his skill is superb.
makes sense, but i'd put Shani at the top in terms of skills, seeing how he managed to keep athrun on his toes in one on one combat while Kira handled Clotho and Olga/Oruga?

And shani was listed as a biological computer level 3? while the other two are level 2.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 23:03   Link #4919
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
makes sense, but i'd put Shani at the top in terms of skills, seeing how he managed to keep athrun on his toes in one on one combat while Kira handled Clotho and Olga/Oruga?

And shani was listed as a biological computer level 3? while the other two are level 2.
Level aside, I still think that Shani lacks “creativity”. Most of the times, he only relied on Forbidden’s beam-deflective shield and when it’s gone, his piloting skill is really not that special imo (Buster took out Forbidden's shield and then Duel destroyed it with only two beam sabers after sacrificing its Assault-Shroud). Clotho fights with Raider without a strong shield and he can still give Kira a hard time when fighting one-on-one (plus his other achievement that I already mentioned in my previous post).
Old 2012-10-17, 23:55   Link #4920
monster

Quote:
I meant that it would be weird if Full-Burst required superhuman abilities granted from SEED mode if it was merely pressing a button. An example would be: Do people need superhuman abilities to mouse click?
As I already said before, what we, the audience, call "SEED mode" is not a requirement for anything. It's not even something that has official recognition in the CE universe, so how could it be a sensible requirement for any piece of technology?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep