AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 14 11.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 28.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 9.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-01, 20:34   Link #81
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
would a person listen to someone that wouldn't listen to them?
You do bring a good point there. These last 3 episodes or so, all saber has been doing is stay just awaiting to be called by Shinji, but Shinji not calling her, meant that she is being ignored, and she is more of the character that is strong. Anyways while Shinji is getting hurt, she is at his house just gettin assimilated by Tiger girl. Since he did not listen to her, she will not listen to him. Oh yah this event is also a way to get Saber in action since episode 3.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:37   Link #82
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

hahahaha,woops, I made a nice mistake that I was not aware of. It is that both of their names starts with "Sh" and Shinji I have seen more.

EDIT: for some reason when I tried to reply the post on the bottom, it turned out to be a double post. WEIRD.
Old 2006-03-01, 20:37   Link #83
deathgod1989

shinji????you mean shirou right?
deathgod1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:45   Link #84
deathgod1989

i know what you mean my post a while ago like 5x
deathgod1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 20:50   Link #85
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Maybe theres some sorta temporal disturbance affecting the animesuki forums!!

anyways yea we should be thankful that Saber ran off to get into a scuffle with Assasin, because we get to see an awsome fight
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 21:04   Link #86
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Its a matter of trust, not simply over a broken promise. Shirou gave his word that if there was danger he would summon her right away, and what does he do? He forms an alliance with Rin, an important decision, without consulting her. Then Heads off into another potentially dangerous situation with Shinji and Rider. If one was to judge his actions alone it would seem that he has very little faith in Saber. He says one thing but does another, and disregards everything else to do what he percieves as right. Sure its admirable to try to protect a girl and all but is that really what Saber wanted? I can understand Saber's fustration, being kept away from the major events and seemingly having her opinions waved off. Sure he treats Saber like a human not a weapon but would a person listen to someone that wouldn't listen to them?
I can understand Saber's position as well, but it doesn't mean what she did is necessarily right. The fact of the matter is, neither of them really think all that much about the other person's POV. In a master-servant relationship, either the master has to be dominant or he has to be willing to listen to the servant's advise. But either way, the servant should not just go off on her own.

That's why I said they really need to define the nature of their relationship. It's obvious that Shirou doesn't want to think of Saber as just a servant, and that creates room for Saber to exert herself. But since Shirou is being ambiguous about it, Saber doesn't think too highly about him (though a big part of this may be due to his lack of power/motivation/knowledge) which can be a problem in a life-or-death situation.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 21:24   Link #87
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I think it is great that she did not listen the Shirou, that just shows that, she is not like a servant that has to listen to his master all the time. That just show's her more like a human in a way. where she objects her "master's" opinion.
Old 2006-03-01, 21:28   Link #88
monster

If she doesn't want to listen to Shirou, might as well break the contract and choose another master.
Old 2006-03-01, 21:45   Link #89
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Can't break the Contract until 1) Grail War finishes, 2) Master dies, 3) Use up all the Command Mantras 4) Clearly is not working on pursuing the Grail.
Old 2006-03-01, 21:50   Link #90
monster

Reasons 2 and 3 may suffice.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:16   Link #91
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

is there something i'm missing. I really don't see any EPIC ness in this (this anime that is) at all. Its basically him meeting all the guys and not doing anything but getting himself half killed. Truthfully i thought this show would do better seeing the popularity. But so far... i just see some random Rider loveloveness though we know nothing and her screen time was limited. Truthfully i have no idea whats going on in the anime. There seems to be no point to anything. Sorry if their trying to do some crazy look back and earlier episodes and go AHHHH but they blew the beggining way to bad... of course this is all IMHO
TDRKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:21   Link #92
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Well we are still pretty much in the begining of the series. The real conflict is yet to come, so I think you should just give it more time. I even thought that the begining episodes were bad, but after episode 4 I kind of got interested in the show.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:23   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDRKZ
is there something i'm missing. I really don't see any EPIC ness in this (this anime that is) at all. Its basically him meeting all the guys and not doing anything but getting himself half killed. Truthfully i thought this show would do better seeing the popularity. But so far... i just see some random Rider loveloveness though we know nothing and her screen time was limited. Truthfully i have no idea whats going on in the anime. There seems to be no point to anything. Sorry if their trying to do some crazy look back and earlier episodes and go AHHHH but they blew the beggining way to bad... of course this is all IMHO
I think you were expecting too much form it imo. Just treat FSN as a harem anime with a some action and you do fine.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:37   Link #94
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Right now they've only shown two people who have a romantic interest in Shiro. Sabre and Rider don't seem to care either way so far. Ménage à trois, maybe, but harem's a ways off.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:43   Link #95
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I think you were expecting too much form it imo. Just treat FSN as a harem anime with a some action and you do fine.
I think to me its could partly be, because of the opening some people's expectation are higher, while right now Fate/stay night does have some action and serious moments its more then that; just like you described Xellos, but I'd say the opening gives a little different impression. ~just a thought as some anime tend to show themselvles as something much! different then what is shown on the opening.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:49   Link #96
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
just a thought as some anime tend to show themselvles as something much! different then what is shown on the opening.
Actually to me tons of anime tend to do that. The show still has till im just guessing July to finish, which gives it plenty of time to get in the good parts. It's just all about giving the show more time.
Old 2006-03-02, 08:23   Link #97
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Its a matter of trust, not simply over a broken promise. Shirou gave his word that if there was danger he would summon her right away, and what does he do? He forms an alliance with Rin, an important decision, without consulting her. Then Heads off into another potentially dangerous situation with Shinji and Rider. If one was to judge his actions alone it would seem that he has very little faith in Saber. He says one thing but does another, and disregards everything else to do what he percieves as right. Sure its admirable to try to protect a girl and all but is that really what Saber wanted? I can understand Saber's fustration, being kept away from the major events and seemingly having her opinions waved off. Sure he treats Saber like a human not a weapon but would a person listen to someone that wouldn't listen to them?
I'm with you in that one. Shirou broke his promise with Saber not just once but two times (the first being that one made at the ending of eps4, about they handle the war together, like a team). And he keeps treating Saber like just a normal girl. Did he forgot she's a Servant, and a very powerful one to boot? Even Rin wanted her at first (and aparently, Shinji too). Did he forgot Saber kicked Archer's and Lancer's ass? (she just lost to Berserker because she was hurt, and because he is a freaking monster!) For me he's not respecting her as a warrior.

There's a big differente between being a gentleman and being a stupid, spineless jerk who thinks womens are inferior. He keeps treating girls like they're helpless beings who need his protection, when just EVERY girl in this series can beat him! (even Sakura looks to be something else...)

He even underestimated completely Rider for being a Servant girl, and almost got killed for that. And again, thanks to a girl (Rin) he was saved. How could Shirou act as a knight in shinning armor, when he keeps being helped and saved (or powered) by girls all the time?

Not only that. Saber knows some Servant is hurting people sucking their life force around the city. And she want to do something about that. Shirou allways bigtalk about becoming a hero but he's doing nothing! Even Rin was doing much more than him, helping the victims around the city during the night, battling undeads and searching kekkais.

No wonder Archer could to say Saber's suffering must be big, considerating her (good-for-nothing) Master.

Last edited by PGilis; 2006-03-02 at 08:33.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 08:56   Link #98
HeLlSainT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis

He even underestimated completely Rider for being a Servant girl, and almost got killed for that. And again, thanks to a girl (Rin) he was saved. How could Shirou act as a knight in shinning armor, when he keeps being helped and saved (or powered) by girls all the time?

wow whats with all the hate here? when did shirou think woman are inferior?
btw he didnt think rider was a inferior servant(according to eclipze sub, all he said was she lacked power i think)due to her being a female, but only after shirou was able to block her attack..
HeLlSainT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 09:09   Link #99
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLlSainT
btw he didnt think rider was a inferior servant(according to eclipze sub, all he said was she lacked power i think)due to her being a female, but only after shirou was able to block her attack..
Well, having felt how it is to be killed by a servant (twice -Lancer, Berserker), deflecting a Servant's blow would make even ME consider her inferior to at least Lancer and Berserker. That doesn't mean Shirou thinks women are inferior. He didn't get a chance to save a guy I believe that even if he had Archer as his servant, Shirou would still refrain from sending him off to fight.

Another indication: When he had that feeling for the archery grounds, his first thought was to call Rin, but Rin wasn't around. Then he thought about summoning Saber, but he didn't, because he doesn't want to endanger her (she hasn't recovered yet, as stated in episode 8, although she said that didn't matter). Conclusion -> He actually knows he shouldn't be going there alone, he knows he's not macho and he knows that those two girls are far superior in combat than he is. Saying that he thinks they are inferior is irrational. Or is he the type of person that would have a fodder go in and check first?
Old 2006-03-02, 09:24   Link #100
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLlSainT

Sorry, i was kinda mad with him. He's treating my cute little Saber like a pussy, when she has more guts (and a bigger sword) than him.

Anyway, in the fansub i'm following (not in english), he said something like he considers Rider to be inferior than the other servants he saw, so far. And even she's not so strong, she's surely fast. She hit him two times before he could see, and she was not taking him really seriously.

And i didn't mean he thinks women are inferior, but he surely don't act like he recognize her strenght, either. Like i said, he tries to protect all of them, when they are even more powerful and competent than him.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote