Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 15:16   Link #621
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for maybe spoilers for the cosplay:
Well, they cosplay as Vocaloid in the game. (Chisato cos as Miku)
Old 2012-08-17, 15:33   Link #622
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Not a bad couple of episodes. I'm really enjoying this show.

One thing. Anyone else think that the way they animated the scene of Mifuyu talking about her "surgery" made it seem like it was in fact a pregnancy? Held out of school for a year, unconsciously moves her hand to her stomach while discussing it, seems sad while talking about it.

If it's not, it seemed like an odd way to construct the scene.
If it was that, I feel like the subject and reaction would have been a bit different, especially for Mifuyu. That's some serious trauma, and it looks like, as in so far, more of her troubles came from feeling out of place than for whatever she'd have needed surgery. Kinda exceptionally dark territory too... (And a whole year off would imply being bedridden for a long time, which means some serious complications and not just some simple early procedure. The level of languor that would have left on a young teenager would be world shattering. I'm going with the lighter option of sickly girl with a severe medical condition.)
Old 2012-08-17, 16:00   Link #623
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
If it was that, I feel like the subject and reaction would have been a bit different, especially for Mifuyu. That's some serious trauma, and it looks like, as in so far, more of her troubles came from feeling out of place than for whatever she'd have needed surgery. Kinda exceptionally dark territory too... (And a whole year off would imply being bedridden for a long time, which means some serious complications and not just some simple early procedure. The level of languor that would have left on a young teenager would be world shattering. I'm going with the lighter option of sickly girl with a severe medical condition.)
You're probably right, but this show has had a few pretty dark moments in it, so I wouldn't totally rule it out.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 16:57   Link #624
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Has anyone played the game and could provide me more information regarding all the female heroines through private message ?
Thanks
Old 2012-08-17, 18:16   Link #625
Pen3

Hazuki is pretty careless if you notice that she didn't close the door when she came and sat on Ooshimas lap.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:23   Link #626
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
[...] Although there are other girls I prefer (actually, all the other main heroines).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Gotta admit, though, I don't like Chisato. Every other of the main heroines is more interesting (particularly the archetype of Mafuyu) to me. There's just something bland and everyday-predictable about Chisato that's been bugging me, I guess?
I'm glad I'm not alone.

Anyways. Nice episodes. Nothing really happened, or better, nothing I wasn't expecting.
Spoiler for spoiler for episodes 5/6:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:25   Link #627
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Please tell me they had Satsuki dress up as Luka. They share the same seiyuu after all.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:43   Link #628
Dorsai

Anime is still enjoyable, but student council election part is really boring as hell... Tatsumi Moheiji as politician sux a lot... Really, cant they make better antagonist?

I hope plot will start moving faster in next episodes...
Old 2012-08-17, 19:49   Link #629
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I like the "Election" part of the story best so far, actually. It's rare to see an anime dealing with politics that's interested in the politics for its own sake, rather than just as a plot device. It's clear to me that at least one political geek was involved in crafting this scenario.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 22:36   Link #630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I like the "Election" part of the story best so far, actually. It's rare to see an anime dealing with politics that's interested in the politics for its own sake, rather than just as a plot device. It's clear to me that at least one political geek was involved in crafting this scenario.
I agree, the "Election" part is what's really going to separate this show from other VN adaptations. I wouldn't be surprised if "Love" is going to be secondary all the way.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:36   Link #631
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Getting an "erection" for "election" .

Okay that was really bad...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:48   Link #632
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

So wait... after this episode.. is it safe to say?

Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 00:19   Link #633
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Getting an "erection" for "election" .

Okay that was really bad...
Go watch ten hours of Kaji Yuuki as punishment.
Old 2012-08-18, 01:12   Link #634
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hah!!! Nice episode!!!! Credits to the nosebleed!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 01:22   Link #635
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

I like how Yuuki keeps his cool around the girls. Instead of freaking out like most MCs would, he plays it off like it's nothing. And his one liner comebacks are awesome.

Gawd, Hazuki is one hot teacher!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jmac; 2012-08-18 at 01:33. Reason: post was half an episode
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 05:47   Link #636
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Episode 5 was truly awful. It was mostly just random comedy skits that have been done before and since some of them were so predictable, I ended up skipping some of them.

I was actually thinking about dropping the show there and then but Episode 6 turned out to be a massive improvement. Although it wasn't perfect either. Oojima reading the love letter in tandem with Shinonome's speech was good but they fluff it up by having Oojima think he's just stressed out. And some of the more subtle points didn't come off well either. Moheiji's plant was so painfully obvious you have to wonder who would've fallen for it. And plus I don't really understand why Mifuyu actually likes Oojima anyway so her love letter lost a lot of impact.

Oojima turning his position into something reminding me of the Monster Raving Loony party was pretty cool though. Except this is anime and Oojima is the main character so it actually works. I suppose it helps that there are students like seniors that are more inclined to vote for shits and giggles so it does make sense. The second half delving into voting habits and factors was actually pretty well done. Even if the characters that say the lines make me want to kill them. I decided to skip most of the celebration as a result.

Okay Koi, so just like Oojima's political ambition you've just barely managed to make the cut.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 09:57   Link #637
Dorsai

Guardian Enzo if you really think that politics in reality looks like in this anime i suggest you to expand your horizons... Try to start with "The Prince" of Machiavelli...

Only good part about politcs is Setsuki speaking... Rest... Its just better to not think about rest and just enjoy show without using your brain to analize anything

Just before anime i watched some good shows dealing with politics like "The Borgias" and "I Claudius" and difference in quality is just too big...
Old 2012-08-18, 11:44   Link #638
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Trust me, I understand the difference between real-life and anime. And I will tell you that there are elements of KoiChoco that clearly reflect a political interest on the part of the creative staff - the focus on the influence of major parties and the struggle of independents to get noticed, the focus on fundraising, vote-splitting and stalking horses... Yes, it's oversimplified and fanciful at times, but it's grounded in actual RW politics, whereas in most anime any political plot it just a pretext to get the story somewhere else.

If your standard for judging an anime is I. Claudius and Machiavelli, I think you have problems with perspective...
Old 2012-08-18, 12:04   Link #639
novalysis

Quote:

If your standard for judging an anime is I. Claudius and Machiavelli, I think you have problems with perspective...

Quoted for Truth.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:36   Link #640
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I have nothing against Modoka being used as cosplay instead of Vocaliod but it just does not look right to me, especially Chisato and Yume. Although the monkeys look fine (maybe even better), Chisato doesn't look good in pink and white when compared to Miku's outfit. Not to mention she has the proper hairstyle to cosplay as Miku. And Yume just doesn't look womanly in Homura's outfit when compared to Luka's. A bit of a disappointment but nothing to rant about.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen