AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-20, 06:10   Link #1001
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Something I just came up with:
Wouldn't Regrowth be incredibly valuble on someone like Minoru? All he'd need to do is backup his Eidos into a period of time where he's not bedridden.
Hm, no. His sickness comes from his genes, he will end up bedridden anyway. Regrowth doesn't modify the genes.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:11   Link #1002
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
But regrowth magic requires ._. Uhm 1 day before injury was taken, coz tatsuya need info first in a sec then copy it to the person who he use regrowth, sorry if its confusing

nvm ......
Old 2014-04-20, 06:26   Link #1003
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
But regrowth magic requires ._. Uhm 1 day before injury was taken, coz tatsuya need info first in a sec then copy it to the person who he use regrowth, sorry if its confusing

nvm ......
regrowth is a restoration spell. it takes an information body that has been broken and it restores it to a state that he was anywhere in the last 24 hours, could be a state from 5 seconds ago or from 5 hours ago or 23 hours ago.

But this spell does not undo genetic defects. Because there's no information body for that person without the genetic defects for the spell to use as blueprint.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:37   Link #1004
Verisimilitude

It's not about getting rid of his genetic defects. It's about allowing him to at least not spent a quarter of his life lying sick in bed. His screwed up genes probably cause his immune system to be shit, as well as his frail appearance. If he had Regrowth, I believe that all these problems would still be there, but if he can back his Eidos up to a status where he's well enough to move around, that'd already be really great for him. It's not going to change his weak body or his likely shortened lifespan, but a least he'll be able to be up and about more often.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:38   Link #1005
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

-The usage of magicians as weapons must be stopped.

--More importantly, children like Minoru must not be created.

Retsu fortified his determination for what might be the hundredth or thousandth time.

Any of you guys think the Shiba Siblings might just dash those hopes one day?

Also, assuming the story does go there, I think there's a very real possibility that any children Tatsuya and Miyuki hypothetically have would be developed through the use of artificial wombs.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 06:56   Link #1006
CatRules
Shipper

This thought terrified me but........

I realize that Pixie isn't the first Machine-spirit hybrid and her ability to control electronic signal via spirit is hardly something new.

Those two technology had already been used loooong ago.

................ by Great Asian Alliance

Machine-spirit hybrid = Robots in Vol.7
Controlling electronic signal with spirit = Golden Silkworm

Just imagine.......... if Kudou's discovery somehow leak to GAA(and there are the sages lurking around), what kind of terrible future could be happening?
Old 2014-04-20, 07:13   Link #1007
Diocar

Isn t píxie magic some anti gavitation magic? Doesn t she use it against someone in the parasite arc? (Don t wanna go check on the ln) her interference with machines is because she is a machine and was some wi fi and connects to other machines and hacks them isn t it?

Anyway, the great prob of retsus's plan is what will happen If somehow the parasites rebel or If someone gains control over them? They would conquer the world! There wouldn t be anymore weponized magicians to stop them!
Oh and there is also the litle prob of his robots completly ruining the ten clans sistem. Nobody would want a free thinking magicians when they can have a dozen mind controled and obedient robots! I actually think this would lead to the downfall of magicians! They would become dangerous individuals who are hated by lots of ppl and that thanks to robots are no longer needed! How long until someone says-kill them all! And ppl realize it isn t such a bad idea?
Very dangerous plan...

Ps. Hope this doesn t reach the kind of conflct there is nowadays about using drones ....
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 07:23   Link #1008
CatRules
Shipper

@Diocar
Spoiler for vol12:

and you hypothesis seems very likely.......... scary too.

O Restu! What have you done!
Old 2014-04-20, 07:24   Link #1009
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ if that happen won't be original because terminator movies got that idea, mahouka the terminator
Old 2014-04-20, 08:07   Link #1010
Diocar

Cat rules, i was talking about this
Spoiler for Pixie in vol 11:

Bah i really hope the parasite plan fails in such a way it is abandoned and no one ever thinks about parasites again!
Old 2014-04-20, 08:09   Link #1011
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post

Bah i really hope the parasite plan fails in such a way it is abandoned and no one ever thinks about parasites again!

Or it will fail in such a way that we would get a full blown infestation in our hands.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:18   Link #1012
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post

nvm ......
But doesn't Regrowth only go back 24 hours? Minoru spends most of his time bedridden, so most of the time, he wouldn't have been healthy within the previous 24 hours and Regrowth would just reboot him to an earlier unhealthy state. For your idea to work, I think that Regrowth would need to be able to store certain specific information - in this case, Minoru being in good health - regardless of how long ago that information was recorded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
-The usage of magicians as weapons must be stopped.

--More importantly, children like Minoru must not be created.

Retsu fortified his determination for what might be the hundredth or thousandth time.

Any of you guys think the Shiba Siblings might just dash those hopes one day?

Also, assuming the story does go there, I think there's a very real possibility that any children Tatsuya and Miyuki hypothetically have would be developed through the use of artificial wombs.
Funny, I thought that bringing up the idea that inbreeding could cause major health problems to the offspring just made it more likely that if (when) Tsutomu goes the TatsuyaXMiyuki route, he'll reveal that they are somehow not siblings (Not that I wouldn't prefer full-on incest route, but oh well.)

Does anyone else feel that Kudou's plans for Parasite Dolls are a bit contradictory with his desire to weaken the Yotsuba? So far, the only magic that has been shown to be effective in actually wiping out the parasites is Cocytus, which is a type of mental interference magic, which is the specialty of... the Yotsuba. Wouldn't having armies of Parasite Dolls increase the value of magicians with mental interference magic and thus increase the Yotsuba's power and influence?

Also, those explanations on the loyalty progrmme. Yeah, somehow, somewhere, that's going to go wrong.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:23   Link #1013
Echizen777

Quote:
It's not about getting rid of his genetic defects. It's about allowing him to at least not spent a quarter of his life lying sick in bed. His screwed up genes probably cause his immune system to be shit, as well as his frail appearance. If he had Regrowth, I believe that all these problems would still be there, but if he can back his Eidos up to a status where he's well enough to move around, that'd already be really great for him. It's not going to change his weak body or his likely shortened lifespan, but a least he'll be able to be up and about more often.
I see; but only self restoration would work in this case but since he feels sick so often it would happen a lot and overload his MCA, killing him at the end...

Quote:

Doll Master
Old 2014-04-20, 08:55   Link #1014
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:

I was talking about her ability to control electronic system like the one we see in Vol. 10 when her former self try to invade Mizuki's body via electric current........... just realized the magic she(in Mia's body) used to fight miki in Vol.9 also involve electricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Doll Master
Genius! So It's still Mahouka world after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
Also, those explanations on the loyalty progrmme. Yeah, somehow, somewhere, that's going to go wrong.
Somehow I got "The Elements" vibe from that...... you know the loyalty trait in Honoka's genes

ahh that's right. Those elements program deal with traditional element magic(fire, water, light etc) and Ninth Institute was researching about ancient magics.......... this seems to be related.... it might, I think
Old 2014-04-20, 09:46   Link #1015
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
My suspicion was right!
First lab really research about direct interference!

Ch. 0 didn't mention Lab Three, but from Vol.12, this one should had been dealing with ability to control multiple magic.
Well, that certainly explains Ichihara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post
My opinion is reversed. Although he may seem like a bad character, in the past he actually pity and want to help Tatsuya and he seemed really against Magicians being experimented on. Now we know why. But now he just seemed selfish. If that doesn't happen to his own grandson, he will have cared less. (I'm not saying that this is a bad development but he still doesn't genuinely care). An example is he doesn't care if underage magicians get hurt or possibly more for the sake of the experiment (but if that happen to his own kin then he will probably forsaken the use of robots or using teenagers as guinea pig).

He may look kinder in this chapter but in truth, he's only doing it for himself and to ease his guilt - and for his relative but for others, for the sake of humanity and betterment of magicians...nah!

As you said, what Tatsuya want is for magicians to stop being used as weapons and he actually kind of entertain the idea of robots, if energy efficiency is not an issue. As for working for the military, I think he only do that to garner experiences in handling dangerous situations and instead actually enjoy more time developing something.
True. You know, in hindsight, Kudou's conviction is misguided. The desire to turn magicians into weapons didn't make his grandson a cripple. It was Kudou's own son who made Minoru, which certainly says something about Kudou's parenting skills. Besides, he's got some nerve trying to pull off something like this. I mean, he was the one who gave the Yotsuba the directive to make humanoid weapons.

Quote:
Yeah, but that won't work if Minoru's been sick for more than 24 hours and he'd just get sick again anyways.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 09:56   Link #1016
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
True. You know, in hindsight, Kudou's conviction is misguided. The desire to turn magicians into weapons didn't make his grandson a cripple. It was Kudou's own son who made Minoru, which certainly says something about Kudou's parenting skills.
He's talking about the motivation. I'm not suprised Makoto would feel inferior to his father; a lot of sons like that feel the pressure to equal their parent's achievements. And if we want to talk about parenting skills, of all the 10 Master Clans we've seen so far, only the Ichijou have been seen as being a relatively 'normal' family.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 10:18   Link #1017
Echizen777

We are so focused on Retsu that we have forgotten that Maya got a Parasite too. I wonder how they will use it. Do they make the magicians stronger when they are cohabiting with them? Michaela is not a good reference.

The war will be fabulous .
Old 2014-04-20, 10:27   Link #1018
Lazy cat

^
it would be even more troublesome if a parasite escaped and possesed tats, maniac genius pseudo imortal flash-casting nukes
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 14:27   Link #1019
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
We are so focused on Retsu that we have forgotten that Maya got a Parasite too. I wonder how they will use it. Do they make the magicians stronger when they are cohabiting with them? Michaela is not a good reference.

The war will be fabulous .
Actually from what i remember of mayas intentions to have a parasite it is related to the study of the mind and magic. i kind of think they will use to further understand and develop some of their magic like mental interference magic or flashcast, maybe it will end up being extra useful for tats because he casts magic in a diferent way.
anyhow i am fairly certain that they don t have the idiotic plan to make magic robots... retsu should understand that magicians need to be seen as military assets in order for them to keep their status in society. however the normal population needs to start seeing them as humans so that certain limits aren t broken (like creating a defective child)... thats why the plan to use magic to upgrade ppl life and make it a regular thing in everyday life is brillant
Old 2014-04-20, 17:23   Link #1020
NutShell

Vol 13 Ch 0 up, thx for translator

So Minoru was Kyouko half- younger brother
I always think Kyouko was 25 and Minoru 16, 9 years gap huh
I wonder is Retsu have another grandson
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote