AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-07-05, 14:53   Link #41
pampz21
ShipCore

When did Miya died?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 15:27   Link #42
nosaer

^ Based on Sayuri's first appearance in Volume 6 Chapter 2 when she visited Tatsuya to ask him to examine that Relic. She hadn't been in that house in 9 months, which is apparently the time where she married Tatsurou. Miyuki was supposedly upset about their relationship because they were married less than 6 months after Miya Died.

Based on this evidence, it can be concluded that she died around a year before then (october 2095 is when the Yokohama Arc starts).

Lets say they married in February 2095 (9 months before October)
That puts Miya's death between August 2094 and January of 2095
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 06:51   Link #43
renuac

Replying to a post in the "Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I think, you are speculating too much. Miya was mentally broken during the past arc.
After performing mental manipulation magics / surgeries on Maya and Tatsuya and overusing magics, Miya's mental status was not normal.

In the past arc chapter, you can see more humain sides from Maya due to the interaction between Tatsuya and Maya. Maya considers Tatsuya as a nephew. On the other hand, Miya does not consider Tatsuya as a son and treat him like a simple servant. Miya acknowledges giving birth to Tatsuya, but she draws a fine line between Tatsuya and herself not as mother and son, but as a master and servant. And, Miya also forces / educates her daughter, Miyuki, to treat Tatsuya in such way. Some readers speculated possibilities of Maya being Tatsuya's real mother due to this. But, In truth, Maya only acknowledge Tatsuya as her potential nemesis and sees him as a monster. (walking nuclear arsenal) So, I do not expect any plot twists in the future.
Quote:
I do not know about you guys. But, I see the world of Mahouka this way. Personally, I do not think, there are any hidden plots or stories behind Miya's treatment towards Tatsuya. During the past arc, I think, Miya was too weak to see through Tatsuya's hidden potential or understand his capabilities. Even after witnessing Tatsuya's material bust (nuking show) on invasion force, Miya's treatment towards Tatsuya did not change until she passed away. The character of Miya seems to be designed this way.
(How can there ever be "too much" speculation? )

I strongly disagree with your analysis of Miya, although I can certainly understand why you see her that way.

We are given several indications that there is more to her than the aloof and well-brought up lady she tries so desperately to always be. Miyuki provides the strongest clue that there is more to Miya than her surface treatment of Tatsuya when she talks about how her mother seems to be suffering at being unable to love her own son. Did she love Tatsuya in the past but lost that ability as Miyuki speculates? Did she still love him but was unable to express it or to even acknowledge it to herself? Was she so bound by her Yotsuba upbringing that, just like she felt she couldn't show her worry over Maya's disappearance in front of servants, she was also unable to show affection towards a strange and "defective" son? I don't know, but I do know that if she were truly that indifferent towards Tatsuya, she wouldn't care enough to be suffering.

Miya's actions also contradict her words as she does seem to look out for her son, in her own way. She stops Kazama from interrogating Tatsuya about the torpedo attack. She tells him to go visit the base since he can't go to the Ryuukyuu dance, and we have every reason to think that Tatsuya wanted to take Kazama up on his invitation. She agrees to let Honami go after him to protect him from enemy fire. None of these may seem like much, but put them together along with Miyuki and Honami's observations, and Miya comes across as far more aware of Tatsuya than she lets on.

Also, she absolutely acknowledges Tatsuya's strength and intelligence. So much so that Honami thinks she is boasting about her son like any proud mother would. When he uses Material Burst, her comments indicate that she isn't particularly surprised that he figured out such a destructive way of using Decomposition and she almost seems to expect him to be able to perform miracles, such as bringing three people back from the brink of death. In some ways, her calm acceptance of Tatsuya's feats remind me of Miyuki's later unquestioning faith in his ability to pull off the impossible.

From what we know of her so far, I agree that she obviously wasn't a good mother to Tatsuya. But to write her off as entirely callous, as so mentally broken that she never had a shred of maternal feeling for him, strikes me as unfair. To me at least, Miya comes across as a tragic character. Like all tragic characters, she is partly the author of her own misfortunes, partly a victim of circumstances outside of her control. And there is still a lot we don't about her, but from what we do know, there probably wasn't much to make her happy after the age of twelve. Of course, being unhappy doesn't justify poor treatment towards her own child, but it does make her somewhat more complex than the automaton you describe.

(I do however pretty much agree with your view on Maya opinion of Tatsuya. She obviously sees him as dangerous, unpredictable and monstrous but that doesn't mean she can't also be fond of him, both as her nephew and as someone she has a lot in common with. It is perfectly possible to both like and dislike someone at the same time. Or to like and be wary of them.)

Quote:
If you read Mahouka in detail, you would understand, the author used Tatsuya to separate distinguishable magicians and less distinguishable magicians. (Distinguishable in the means of strength) Most distinguishable magicians who acknowledge Tatsuya's strength, are such as Maya, Retsu, Yakumo, Juumonji Katsuto, and etc. Retsu already sees Tatsuya as a powerful magician. Katsuto supports idea about inviting Tatsuya as a engineer for 9SC and forces Tatsuya to join monolith. Yakumo sees him as a #1 student.

On the other hand, we have Morisaki, Miya, Mitsugu, Aoki, and nameless extra blooms in the first high.
In the means of strength and intellect, they are no match against Tatsuya, so they use their status and try to stay above Tatsuya. For an example, Morisaki continuously emphasises on the bloom / weed; Miya, Mitsugu, and Aoki rely on Yotsuba's hierarchical system when it comes to Tatsuya. In my view, these guys are not special without the status of bloom or member of Yotsuba. You guys may want to argue about Miya, but during the past arc, Miya's prime time was passed due to overusing magic.
Putting Miya aside, I don't know where you get the idea that Mitsugu is a negligible magician from.

But more importantly, none of the characters in Mahouka are as one-dimensional as you imply them to be. Aoki, Morisaki and Mitsugu may be biased against Tatsuya but they aren't mindless, static cartoonish antagonists. Each of them is fleshed out beyond their initial characterisation and we get to see different facets of their personalities. The best example would probably be Morisaki, who might have been an stuck up jerk as a newly enrolled freshman, but who has gotten a lot better since. They also have different reasons for disliking Tatsuya and at least in Mitsugu's case, we know that dislike is rooted in something more than a sense of superiority. Tatsuya is the Yotsuba's “sin”, whatever that means; Mitsugu might well have some damn good reasons to be wary of him.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 08:14   Link #44
TrueAlchemist

I was looking around . I just found your reply, here.
lol, Well, it is my opinion regarding Mahouka.
And, I respect other people's speculation, too.

But, my view on Miya is simply bad.
Kuroba twins and Miyuki have a good relationshp with Tatsuya, and Tatsuya look after the Kuroba twins and worry about them, too. If Miya treated Tatsuya as son, a thing could be different. If she has to act as a Yotsuba, she can act like that when Yotsubas are together, but she continued treating Tatsuya as a simple employee. As you read until the vol. 13, you would understand, Tatsuya is not an emotionless monster. I just hope, Tatsuya could have something better relationship with his parents (as a fan).
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:26   Link #45
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Just wondering did shizuku knows that tatsuya is a sc magician from the sage? I'm bit curious coz when she return all of her friends tell she have mature?

I hope it's ok to ask
Old 2014-07-10, 23:31   Link #46
nosaer

^ Nope, Shizuku knows because she was with Tatsuya during the Yokohama Invasion when Kazama appeared and told everyone that tats was a special Lieutenant in the Army and that it was top secret info.
Old 2014-07-10, 23:34   Link #47
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
^ Nope, Shizuku knows because she was with Tatsuya during the Yokohama Invasion when Kazama appeared and told everyone that tats was a special Lieutenant in the Army and that it was top secret info.
Oh?
Was Shizuku there?
I thought Shizuku and Honoka were not there.

I must miss some details. I remember, Erika was there along with Student council members.
Old 2014-07-11, 01:38   Link #48
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
errr is it ^^? bit confuse well she did meet Raymond Sage Clark in america to gather some info regarding about the parasite in volume 10 if i remember correctly beside Kazama didn't said that he is not a sc, only a detail he give is dont tell anyone that tatsuya is from 101 .....

so i wonder if raymond tell that tatsuya is a sc magicain to shizuku

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-07-11 at 02:05.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 18:09   Link #49
nosaer

Well I'm not sure if Shizuku knows that Tatsuya is a strategic class magician, as kazama didn't say that much, but she was there when Kazama said that Tats was in the army. Shizuku was the reason why Tats & co got into the VIP room to survey the invasion before going to meet back up with everyone.

You can read the details in Vol.7 Ch.10
Old 2014-07-23, 09:55   Link #50
Jirachier

Neither Shizuku nor any of Tatsuya's friends know of his status as a strategic class magician, all they know is that he's part of the army.
Old 2014-08-04, 20:07   Link #51
tuckersister

Why was Tatsuya's status in the Army revealed to everyone in his school in the first place?

Chiaki must of been surprised by this. Speaking of Chiaki, how is she doing currently? Hopefully she is less hostile but still hate Tatsuya. She is in the same course with him in magic engineering in the second year. I wonder why is she taking that course?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 20:55   Link #52
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Why was Tatsuya's status in the Army revealed to everyone in his school in the first place?

Chiaki must of been surprised by this. Speaking of Chiaki, how is she doing currently? Hopefully she is less hostile but still hate Tatsuya. She is in the same course with him in magic engineering in the second year. I wonder why is she taking that course?

The only people who know about his military status is those who were with him when the 101st enlisted his help during the invasion. It was asked to keep such status a secret.

Chiaki doesn't know about his military involvement but after being forced to forget who Zhou is, she is still resenting Tatsuya because of what happened to her sister. I think she came to realize that Tatsuya never really treated her as an advasary and that after some motivational words from Suzune, she hopes to surpass Tatsuya in engineering since Suzune thought she had potential in the field so that is why she is taking the course.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 06:19   Link #53
tuckersister

Yeah, I expect more interacts between Tatsuya and Chiaki in the future. Chiaki will probably in another incident that Tatsuya will have to pull her out of. Also, why is Mizuki in the engineering course?
Old 2014-08-25, 01:57   Link #54
SoulEat3r

As expected of Mari's date.
It sounds like a hussle dealing with her; mostly because partner already has a bf.
SoulEat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 22:16   Link #55
tuckersister

Who will be the one that will be closest to figuring out that Tatsuya is SC magician or he is Ryuuya AKA Mahesvara?
Old 2014-09-10, 15:23   Link #56
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Who will be the one that will be closest to figuring out that Tatsuya is SC magician or he is Ryuuya AKA Mahesvara?
I think, it will be Erica.
She was also smart enough connecting him with Yotsuba.
With some information, she should be able to find it.
Who knows, it might lead to Rozen arc in the future volumes?
Old 2014-09-10, 17:09   Link #57
Echizen777

Quote:
I think, it will be Erica.
She was also smart enough connecting him with Yotsuba.
With some information, she should be able to find it.
Who knows, it might lead to Rozen arc in the future volumes?

Actually she has all the elements to find it, it's just that she didn't connect him with Ooguro yet.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 17:12   Link #58
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Actually she has all the elements to find it, it's just that she didn't connect him with Ooguro yet.
"Let sleeping dog lies"
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 10:56   Link #59
Aciald

Actually all of them could figure it out if they wanted to. If you think about it there really isn't much reason for a teenager to be apart of the military unless they have strategic magic. Otherwise, Katsuto, Masaki and others would already be serving like Tatsuya. At the very least I would be surprised if Katsuto and Suzune didn't make the connection.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 01:57   Link #60
Blonddude42

There are a lot of characters that have completely dropped off the radar recently. Some I don't really care for others I would like to see come back. But I wonder what the heck happened to all the people who graduated. Only a small handful have hand any reappearances or mentioning since. Or I might have just missed them.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote