AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 16:16   Link #1601
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
well, he wouldn't attack Kiritsugu or Ilya directly, so there goes Rin's advantage. So in short, the Tosaka clan would be SCREWED.
Old 2009-10-07, 16:58   Link #1602
orangejuicetang

Well, Archer might attack Kiritsugu directly. He has turned pretty cynical and bitter about the ideal that Kiritsugu burdened upon him. Although, if Rin decides to ally with Shirou and joins Clan Emiya, than it adds even more to their power. I mean, they would already have two Sabers and Hercules, and then Archer on top of that?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 19:06   Link #1603
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Today I looked at my Fate/Stay Night box and got really nostalgic to play again.
Made me realize how this game has really shaped some of my ethics and my definition of a hero.

Anyway question: In UBW True end, why does Rin ask if Shirou was ever in track?
In HF I know that Sakura seeing Shirou trying to get over a bar was pretty big, but why is Rin asking?

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:05   Link #1604
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Kotomine would be working with the Tohsakas, wouldn't he? So we'd have Archer, Gilgamesh, and True Assassin together, along with all the benefits each Master brings to the table.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:22   Link #1605
rastilin

Quote:
Anyway question: In UBW True end, why does Rin ask if Shirou was ever in track?
In HF I know that Sakura seeing Shirou trying to get over a bar was pretty big, but why is Rin asking?
I think Rin was there as well.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:27   Link #1606
Flinch
Onii-chan~

If that were to happen, the Emiya clan would have Waver "Lord El Melloi II" Welvet and Iskander on their side, so the balance of power would tip in favor of the Emiya clan again. Then again... Kotomine might kill the Tosaka masters because it'd be fun.

I highly doubt that Heroic Spirit Emiya would attack Kiritsugu, as he still idolizes him like a god and followed through on that dream as best as anyone could and still ended at the same conclusion that Kiritsugu did. Additionally, Sakura would protest greatly against attacking the Emiya clan, which could lead to an alliance against the Tosakas, in which Kariya would probably jump at the chance to get back at Tokiomi. With the most elite masters and the best servants, the Emiya Clan would easily win this scenario.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:43   Link #1607
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

But would he try to attack SHIROU? He might go on the whole double / triple backstab spree.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:46   Link #1608
Flinch
Onii-chan~

If he kills himself, he ceases to exist... what an effective trade...
Old 2009-10-07, 21:57   Link #1609
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
If he kills himself, he ceases to exist... what an effective trade...
Actually, it does not work that way. It's been mentioned before from various sources. It's the same reason that Saber will still become a heroic spirit even if she wins the grail and somehow undoes the history of King Arthur. Although it should be pointed out that for Archer, if he ceases to exist, he couldn't be happier. Additionally, why would Waver ally with team Emiya? And Rin wouldn't necessarily ally with her father. She also has a high chance of allying with Shirou, making up some random explanation to justify it. Although Archer might go on his backstabbing gambit that will somehow end up with Rin in the best position to win the war.

Gilgamesh and Archer working together? How long do you think that would last before Gilgamesh decides to try and kill Archer for being "faker mongrel lol"

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-10-07, 22:29   Link #1610
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Saber and Iskander got along very well, as such, Irisviel and Waver considered each other "allies". As such, Kiritsugu did not try and kill Waver when he had an opportunity. Besides, Rin would quickly lose to two Eisnberns, especially when her Servant won't attack one of them.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:19   Link #1611
orangejuicetang

Did Saber get along that well with Alexander? I felt that they were willing to ally with each other in emergencies and didn't hate each other to the point of death, but getting along might not be the right word. Alexander is pretty annoyed at the way that Saber lived her life and the the way she acts, and the same is true vice versa. Their almost opposites in that regard.

Also, I said that Rin might try to ally with Shirou, who might try to ally with Kiritsugu, who would try to ally with Ilya. I didn't say anything about her taking on two Eisnberns.?

Old 2009-10-08, 01:29   Link #1612
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Irisviel von Einzbern would be part of Kiritsugu's crew, as would Hisau Maiya. Irisviel and Kiritsugu together would instantly sway Illyasviel.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:41   Link #1613
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

to be honest none of them stand a chance when it comes to fighting gilgamesh. there's a reason he's called the king of heroes the only advantage any of them would have is numbers or in sabers case avalon
Old 2009-10-08, 05:47   Link #1614
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah...but Gilgamesh is too lazy and arogant to actually pose such a big threat. If Gilgamesh ever goes really serious it means the end of the world(as it happened in HA*sarcasm*)

So he's pretty much defeatable. But he's one of the biggest uncertainity factor in the war.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:49   Link #1615
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

hmmmm true,
Old 2009-10-08, 08:31   Link #1616
orangejuicetang

Yeah, pretty much. Gilgamesh is usually much too lazy or arrogant to fight seriously against most people. The only ones he takes seriously are the other "kings", that is Saber and Alexander. Everybody else is just a mongrel as far as he's concerned. And while it's true that Gilgamesh has the potential to beat everybody in a simple power contest, it's been mentioned by someone else that he really doesn't have any way to protect himself from a Broken Phantasm shot at his head from 5 miles away going at mach 4.

Old 2009-10-08, 11:31   Link #1617
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Another question is that how you lure him into a situation like that...Actually getting a clear sight on him from that distance is pretty much impossible most of the time.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:19   Link #1618
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Have Heracles fight him, completely distract him, and have someone take a shot then. Heracles won't die, Gil would.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:30   Link #1619
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Lol...but where do you find a good spot for it? The graveyard like in UBW?
And you've already theorised the Emiya-Tohsaka cooperation
And with that aknownledged Archer hardly has a way to pull that off alone.(I mean the long range sniping in urban area).
Perhaps Gil is far from undefeatable, but even with the seriousness of a clown he's dangerous.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:39   Link #1620
Flinch
Onii-chan~

True, but he had EXTREME amounts of trouble fighting Lancelot, so if he's distracted against him, it'll be an easy kill for someone else.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel