AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 09:27   Link #4621
teja208
Critical fanboy

That's no SH*T. It's one hell of an epic match worthy of someone of Hisa's caliber. Everybody on the table is really using their heads in the fight this time.

Btw, your image link is broken, but I can imagine...

Spoiler for Newest chapter:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 09:47   Link #4622
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Are you kidding me!?

THIS ISN'T SUBARA AT ALL!

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Come on, Hisa, its time to show what you're made of! Prove that when things tough, you get even tougher!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 10:40   Link #4623
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Good point. I see this situation as a good opportunity either way.

If Hisa manages to pull this one off, she will require to took her badassery to a whole new level.

Or Nodoka has to push herself more than she ever done which is also a good thing for those who are bored of her robotic mindset toward the game. Perhaps having her team dead last and on the brink of net loss may cause something to change in her playstyle. She will have to take more risk. This maybe just me being sadistic, but I really really wish to see Nodoka in tight spot for once before the team finals.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 10:54   Link #4624
The Green One

It actually is a smart strategy for Yuan to use and exploit Hisa like that. Sorry Requiem, you're just going to have to accept Nodoka will do something useful, or else Saki will have to go on the rampage to end all rampages a'la Teru to turn this around.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:02   Link #4625
kakarotlssj

I wonder if Saki will be able to salvage them to first or will they end up being second. Last 2 Usuzan are supposed to be monsters, other 2 teams wont be any easier either. Nodoka is more or less defensive player so I doubt she will change the situation that much. Its all on Hisa and Saki.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:12   Link #4626
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Good point. I see this situation as a good opportunity either way.

If Hisa manages to pull this one off, she will require to took her badassery to a whole new level.

Or Nodoka has to push herself more than she ever done which is also a good thing for those who are bored of her robotic mindset toward the game. Perhaps having her team dead last and on the brink of net loss may cause something to change in her playstyle. She will have to take more risk. This maybe just me being sadistic, but I really really wish to see Nodoka in tight spot for once before the team finals.
Same, I'm tired of Nodoka being so dull, I want something to happen that shakes things up. Unfortunately, I find that very unlikely, so my trust and hopes go to Hisa.

@The green one
I don't mind Nodoka being useful, but I want her to be useful AND interesting.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:14   Link #4627
The Green One

Ahhh but "interesting" can have different meanings from different people, but anyway. Next chapter after this is scheduled for 3/7. We'll see if that actually manages to come about.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 11:31   Link #4628
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Ahhh but "interesting" can have different meanings from different people, but anyway. Next chapter after this is scheduled for 3/7. We'll see if that actually manages to come about.
I suppose Nodoka's interesting side is her focus on efficiency and just getting stuff done, right?

Well, to me that doesn't fly in a series where the gals without powers are some of the most flamboyant and the mantra that covers everything is "have fun". And yes, I'm aware her style is supposed to pass as elegant, but there's nothing breathtaking about it.
Old 2014-02-19, 13:14   Link #4629
raincrow

Yuan's cocky smile towards Hisa from the last chapter, when said she was losing points, makes so much sense now I like her deviousness.

I'm sure Hisa will figure out what's going on. But if Hiroe, and maybe Choe, do as well, that really makes the situation interesting. Wonder if either of them will dislike what Yuan is pulling off. Maybe Hisa will play a game of chicken with Yuan and get her to start saving herself.

Last edited by raincrow; 2014-02-19 at 13:38.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 17:32   Link #4630
King-Slayer

Looks like there might be another Episode of Ritz story as well. If so I look forward to that.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 17:39   Link #4631
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Called it .

And we know That Nodoka is a painfully regular scorer . She'll surely pull a 5~10k point as usual while going against Megan trying to bust her because she is afraid of Usuzan's come back ( Yeah I see the pattern coming back to haunt Megan, but this time there isn't anyone weak enough to bust .

Then . Saki will ( sadly ? happily ?) Pull the Mother of all come back . Now 1rst or second I don't know.

What Achiga, Senriyama and Shindouji took eight hanchan to achieve in piling on Shiraitodai ( because it was almost a 3 vs 1 ) Saki will have to do in two hanchan ,alone ( almost 1 vs 3).
Old 2014-02-19, 18:14   Link #4632
night_sentinel

... Damn.

Just when you thought there is a silver lining in this situation, this happens. At this rate, I'm convinced that everything that can go wrong will go wrong in this round. Yeah. Requiem even Nodoka's. With the way things are going for Kiyosumi, it will be a hard road just to reach the captain round. But, you know, (don't hit me) I'm kinda glad this happened. I can really feel that this is a team tournament. Kiyosumi has a pretty rock solid line-up that points lost by other members are usually recouped by the next one. Its pretty nice and all, but it doesn't really show how much impact one separate game has to another.

But, with this game, especially with Uzusan showing such a lopsided distribution of strength, we could clearly see. That yes, Yuuki attempt to bank points in the vanguard is important. And Mako's attempt to mitigate the damage or increase their point more is also crucial. And if both fails, Hisa's role to turn things around is really needed.

Hmmm.... I can now see why Chuuken is the traditional ace position. Its equivalent to midfielder in football. And really, Hisa performs wonderfully. She can and did turn things around. Now, I'm not so sure...

I do know that if Hisa fails as well.. (which I won't blame her since the situation is pretty much FUBAR at this point) Things are going to be ridiculous for Nodoka. So many options will be cut off from her. It will be a blessing for Kiyosumi if Nodoka can actually do her regular positive scoring.

Netherless, if worst case scenario does come true, and even on Nodoka the Kiyosumi chain goes disarray....

Well, that's why they put Saki on the captain position.

Still, poor Saki. The taishou round will probably be more impossible than usual.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 18:19   Link #4633
King-Slayer

Hisa doesn't look very worried to me
Spoiler for hisa spoiler:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 18:20   Link #4634
night_sentinel

Could you give me the link? I think there is an image blocker or something coming from that website.

edit:

Thanks.
Hisa looked scary lol. Hopefully, she can mitigate whatever is happening. ^^
Go Buchou!
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 18:35   Link #4635
tsunade666

Why can't Hisa just redirect or set up her opponents ron or control the table where someone will loose points and not her? Saki did that in her previews battle and I think its possible for Hisa too.
Old 2014-02-19, 19:06   Link #4636
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, I was surprised by how things turned out too. So no informal alliances here, unlike in Achiga; it's every woman for herself.
Old 2014-02-19, 19:06   Link #4637
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
... Damn.

Just when you thought there is a silver lining in this situation, this happens. At this rate, I'm convinced that everything that can go wrong will go wrong in this round. Yeah. Requiem even Nodoka's.
I'll believe that when I see it.

Quote:
With the way things are going for Kiyosumi, it will be a hard road just to reach the captain round. But, you know, (don't hit me) I'm kinda glad this happened. I can really feel that this is a team tournament. Kiyosumi has a pretty rock solid line-up that points lost by other members are usually recouped by the next one. Its pretty nice and all, but it doesn't really show how much impact one separate game has to another.
I wholeheartedly agree. With the latest matches and the anime it's pretty clear there's a clear, intentional and effective team dynamic with our heroines.

Quote:
I do know that if Hisa fails as well.. (which I won't blame her since the situation is pretty much FUBAR at this point) Things are going to be ridiculous for Nodoka. So many options will be cut off from her. It will be a blessing for Kiyosumi if Nodoka can actually do her regular positive scoring.

Netherless, if worst case scenario does come true, and even on Nodoka the Kiyosumi chain goes disarray....

Well, that's why they put Saki on the captain position.

Still, poor Saki. The taishou round will probably be more impossible than usual.
It's probably for the best. The last match showed Saki is still riddled with deep issues she needs to deal with before even coming close to Teru, in or outside the table. Maybe a truly brutal match could serve as a wake up call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Why can't Hisa just redirect or set up her opponents ron or control the table where someone will loose points and not her? Saki did that in her previews battle and I think its possible for Hisa too.
You mean when Saki unleashed her dark side and made even the gods tremble? I don't think that's a trick Hisa has up her sleeve.
Old 2014-02-19, 19:35   Link #4638
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You mean when Saki unleashed her dark side and made even the gods tremble? I don't think that's a trick Hisa has up her sleeve.
Not that, even before that. When Saki is sending out tiles that helps the others to reach their tenpai faster and scored a tsumo. Effectively ending the round. It was also done by Mako when dealing with Aislin.

She just needed to stop Uzusan from busting.
Old 2014-02-19, 19:36   Link #4639
raincrow

I could see a lot of problems cropping up this round, like Kiyosumi just barely getting 2nd or something. They've gotten the top spot every round so far, right? I think they need a little bit of a beating this round in order to make the final more dramatic.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 19:36   Link #4640
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's one thing to try keeping the other team from going down to zero, but it's another entirely when said team is ALSO reducing your own points.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri