AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 20:33   Link #21
Matheson

Does "Paper Mario" count?
Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 07:06   Link #22
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Yes because it's awesome. I had been craving D&D for the past few days. I built a few classes and spent some time balancing them while I waited for an appointment. I missed being able to play test my homebrew things and DM. I would give anything for the group I had in Kelowna, but in Victoria.

I haven't touched 4.0, but I hear the systems are quite balanced and the races are basically limitless if you use templates in the back of the book. I wouldn't mind making the upgrade when I get around to stop being a recluse and get my heart condition stablized..
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:45   Link #23
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I don't buy TOR being story-over-loot-collection. It might be; I'd be really shocked if it was, though.

Really don't see EA risking it. All other "story first" MMORPGs have failed financially; the only ones that do well are the "kill boss, get loot, kill stronger boss, get stronger loot, kill even stronger boss, get even stronger loot" eleventybillion-man raiding poopsockery.

Blizzard ruined everyone's idea of what a persistent world online RPG should really be.
Old 2010-12-11, 15:54   Link #24
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
Yes because it's awesome. I had been craving D&D for the past few days. I built a few classes and spent some time balancing them while I waited for an appointment. I missed being able to play test my homebrew things and DM. I would give anything for the group I had in Kelowna, but in Victoria.
Same for me. I have read D&D4 thoroughly THEN I have read old AD&D2 pdf files and I felt that flame of nostalgia and a sense of yearning for the time where I did not have much worries, sit down with my best friends and tried together to make something (a story) happen.

"You guys are in rifle range of a squad of dwarves, seeing that you have an elf with you, it's one strike against you. What do you do?"

Paladin, "Let's try the diplomatic solution"

Me, "Ok, fine. Do some convincing speech."

Paladin, "*tries to be as convincing as possible to smooth the thing over*"

Me, "Now, Charisma roll with a small +3 bonus"

*roll is a success*

*the story can continue*
Quote:
I haven't touched 4.0, but I hear the systems are quite balanced and the races are basically limitless if you use templates in the back of the book. I wouldn't mind making the upgrade when I get around to stop being a recluse and get my heart condition stablized..
It's balanced, yes. Melee can do a lot more of things, yes. Sadly, in my opinion, a lot of the flavor I loved in AD&D2 got lost. Not to mention that the attack bonus are standardized. I like my AD&D2 where attempting to trip a foe does not trigger an attack of opportunity because my character doesn't have the feat, which is one of the things that made D&D3 gay for me.

I am still trying to make sense to my friends about why the martial classes dailies or encounter powers are the way they are (useable only once a day or an encounter). They would rather have their abilities limited by something like Technical or Chi points, like Art Of Fighting (a fighting game by SNK). They can understand Vancian magic in pre D&D4 Dungeons & Dragons, they can buy the new magic mechanisms in D&D4 but not how martial powers works. Their fuck it point was basically the description of cleric powers and how some of their powers heal somebody by hitting a foe. They prefers the good old Lay On Hands and mash herbs into a pulp and apply it to wounds while chanting to the divinity.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 16:20   Link #25
gerakliuss

Where ican see the description of these games?
-----------
define ticking noise in car engine
gerakliuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 16:31   Link #26
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerakliuss View Post
Where ican see the description of these games?
The games themselves or the way people play it?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rpg