AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 22:06   Link #1861
shichi-chan
Mippa~

@Maniwa Akagin Yes! I thought it was hilarious when shichirin was following her fingers with dem eyes of his lol. I would like to see a GIF of when Togame was running with her head ol' flinging back and forth! dat would be so funny!

Last edited by shichi-chan; 2010-09-14 at 22:23.
shichi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:38   Link #1862
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Apparently Togame is related to Superman.

They both can make you forget with a kiss.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:40   Link #1863
sneaker

Ok, so why did Shichika get off from that kiss? I thought they were having sex all the time already (although not shown explicitly), but I guess I was watching a high school romance all the time.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:41   Link #1864
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
dont know if i should put spoiler tags on this, but just in case:

Spoiler for trailer:
Spoiler for Speculation:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 11:14   Link #1865
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I thought they were having sex all the time already (although not shown explicitly)
O tempora! O mores!

That aside, it's not important in the context of story whether they have sex or not, this is not some kind of a holy grail. A story, as it is, should be taken just as a model of real world, a schematic, without most of explicit details. I mean, come on! What happened to having fun!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 11:32   Link #1866
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
O tempora! O mores!
Ok, they undress in front of each other, he sniffes her hair and she goes nopan in public, but now I'm the baddie for thinking what two young people would do when traveling a year together.

Quote:
That aside, it's not important in the context of story whether they have sex or not, this is not some kind of a holy grail. A story, as it is, should be taken just as a model of real world, a schematic, without most of explicit details. I mean, come on! What happened to having fun!
It just felt off for me. Made me think that I misjudged their relationship this whole time. Especially since I liked this "new type" of relationship so different to this whole romance crap (which I watch anyways ...) in other series.
Old 2010-09-15, 12:12   Link #1867
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Ok, they undress in front of each other, he sniffes her hair and she goes nopan in public, but now I'm the baddie for thinking what two young people would do when traveling a year together.
That's what I mean by having fun. Yes, their relationship is intimate and weird, but not exactly that of a man and woman who love each other. Consider this a bit romantic, but even though she might like Shichika, even though she considered him a sword before a man for a long time (hence little problem with being intimate with him), they still might keep it from having sex. Why? For one, he is a son of her sworn enemy, and she is a shogunate general. That wouldn't be wise in her position now, would it. Second, she considered him a sword before a man for a long time. Third... Well, the story is a bit childish after all, isn't it?

I don't know. It never felt unnatural to me so I'm fighting for words here.
Or, rather, episode four and five scenes are fanservice crap and we are dealing with failed characterisation line.

Actually, scrap it. I remember how back when Episode I aired I called them little kids in the dark over what "love" really is.
I'm pulling this card again. It took them THIS much time to grow from being innocent kids with this to realizing passion towards each other.
How is that for an explanation?
Old 2010-09-15, 12:29   Link #1868
sneaker

Quote:
That's what I mean by having fun.
Ok, that point didn't get across to me after your first post.

It's really that intimacy that let me to believe they'd do what any other pair would do in such a situation.

Quote:
Actually, scrap it. I remember how back when Episode I aired I called them little kids in the dark over what "love" really is.
I'm pulling this card again. It took them THIS much time to grow from being innocent kids with this to realizing passion towards each other.
How is that for an explanation?
Describing them as kids despite their age really seems to makes the most sense in explaining the situation. Him being somewhat slow and her acting very childish.
Old 2010-09-15, 12:50   Link #1869
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Some kind benefactor is leaking digital copies of series artwork again.
This time, it's Higaki Rinne's battle card and BD 8 cover! See here.

I guess I'll elaborate a little on Rinne's markings that she/he/it has on her body and in her character icon (and on Seitou Hakari for that matter!)
Those are flowers of Sweet Olive, also known as Osmanthus fragrans or Kinmokusei in Japan.
More and pictures in Wikipedia.
There was another character in anime that used Tea Olive as motif in her design, namely Princess Kakyuu of Sailor Moon Series (the last arc).

I'm not sure if it's certain, but Japanese fans say that Higaki Rinne is voiced by Miyako Ito.
The episode 8 battle card has been scanned too! It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for the info on Rinne. Hmm, never heard Miyako Ito before. Whether it's her or not, I like her voice in the trailer.
Old 2010-09-15, 13:08   Link #1870
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
The episode 8 battle card has been scanned too!
That is DVD artwork, not episode battle card.

Quote:
Hmm, never heard Miyako Ito before
Yeah, she is pretty obscure for a western fan, like some other voice actors in Katanagatari. Not sure what they were aiming for with some of the casting choices, but eh, voice work is perfect in the series.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-09-15 at 13:25.
Old 2010-09-15, 17:37   Link #1871
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Good episode,seriously besides episode 1 I've liked every episode I've seen so far.

Love the new ed,I could already tell it was Annabel before her name showed in the credits.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 21:57   Link #1872
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Describing them as kids despite their age really seems to makes the most sense in explaining the situation. Him being somewhat slow and her acting very childish.
Him being slow?

Man... I was thinking of him as gay all this time up to this episode... Naked together with her, smelling her hair... that would transform any straight guy into a predator, unless that guy is some type of messiah, saint or budda... Or Shichika, it seems

Good to see an actual reaction of embarrassment from him.
Old 2010-09-16, 22:34   Link #1873
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Him being slow?

Man... I was thinking of him as gay all this time up to this episode... Naked together with her, smelling her hair... that would transform any straight guy into a predator, unless that guy is some type of messiah, saint or budda... Or Shichika, it seems

Good to see an actual reaction of embarrassment from him.
He's not gay or slow lol Shichika is simply described as a Shichika!
Old 2010-09-17, 05:17   Link #1874
sneaker

Yeah, giving him is own category would be best. Just remembered how he kicked Komori in the first episode because he couldn't tell people apart.
Old 2010-09-17, 09:50   Link #1875
eiyuu99

A few episodes earlier, Shichika progressed to elementary level of bullying the girl he likes.
Without realizing the motives for doing so, though.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 13:18   Link #1876
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for spoiler:

On the newest episode, it seems that the VA of Zanki is reprising her role as another character in another anime who also wields a wooden sword.

With the same character build too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:05   Link #1877
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Why do people keep forgetting that Shichika was on an island his ENTIRE LIFE up until now? I doubt he even knows what the concept of sex is (unless Nanami taught him about it, but even then, he still wouldn't know what those feelings and urges would consist of). Why would he yearn for her in a romantic fashion when he doesn't even KNOW anything about romance? And on Togame's part, she's an intellectually strong and focused woman (despite her silly moments). She has goals, and is determined to achieve them. That's one of the last things she's thinking about.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it seems a little silly (or misguided, rather) to automatically assume that either a) they were having sex or b) that Shichika was gay.

The world isn't all about sex all the time. Geez. What a typical male mindset...
Old 2010-09-17, 15:37   Link #1878
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Why do people keep forgetting that Shichika was on an island his ENTIRE LIFE up until now? I doubt he even knows what the concept of sex is (unless Nanami taught him about it, but even then, he still wouldn't know what those feelings and urges would consist of). Why would he yearn for her in a romantic fashion when he doesn't even KNOW anything about romance? And on Togame's part, she's an intellectually strong and focused woman (despite her silly moments). She has goals, and is determined to achieve them. That's one of the last things she's thinking about.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it seems a little silly (or misguided, rather) to automatically assume that either a) they were having sex or b) that Shichika was gay.

The world isn't all about sex all the time. Geez. What a typical male mindset...
Sorry Kismet-chan, I agree with your explanation.

And I was kidding about Shichika being gay... Don't take it seriously

Him being isolated from all civilization from the point of being unable to distinguish faces would certainly make him a little oblivious about many things.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:03   Link #1879
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post

While I agree that the world isn't about sex all the time, I strongly disagree with your "typical male mindset" remark.

It isn't so misguided or silly to assume they were having sex. He is her sword, and she can do with him as she pleases. He pretty much commited his whole being to her in the 1st episode.

Being in an island also doesn't mean you can't be without lust. He may not know the concept of sex, but surely he must have urges - it's in our genes to be instinctively sexual beings. He may be innocent, and he may be used to seeing a woman naked (his sister), but seeing a completely different woman naked, and being at the ridiculous proximity the two were (and face it, even if -he- doesn't know the boundaries or what that sort of intimacy entails, she does), one can't help but assume that they were having sex, even if there was no romantic relationship.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:56   Link #1880
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
And I was kidding about Shichika being gay... Don't take it seriously
Lol, okay. I'm sorry. I should've figured as much. My bad, hehe. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
While I agree that the world isn't about sex all the time, I strongly disagree with your "typical male mindset" remark.

It isn't so misguided or silly to assume they were having sex. He is her sword, and she can do with him as she pleases. He pretty much commited his whole being to her in the 1st episode.

Being in an island also doesn't mean you can't be without lust. He may not know the concept of sex, but surely he must have urges - it's in our genes to be instinctively sexual beings. He may be innocent, and he may be used to seeing a woman naked (his sister), but seeing a completely different woman naked, and being at the ridiculous proximity the two were (and face it, even if -he- doesn't know the boundaries or what that sort of intimacy entails, she does), one can't help but assume that they were having sex, even if there was no romantic relationship.
I agree with some of what you said, as some of it is true. But... I don't know. I guess I'm one of those types of people who only makes speculations based on what I am actually shown or told. When I watch an anime (or any show/movie, or play any video games, or read any book) unless it is DISTINCTLY shown and/or stated by the narrator that a certain event occurred, I don't make assumptions of that nature.

But everyone's different, and I often forget that, so I'm sorry for my "male mindset" comment.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy