AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 18:15   Link #221
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
They can spare four of their best officers to oversee two students taking the B-rank test. They are anything but an impersonal monolithic bureaucracy.
Well, it's not so much four top officers overseeing two students, but rather one above average overseer and the other 3 interested in their potential, but whatever. It just goes to show that there's a degree of flexibility in the TSAB management. Besides, they are commanders after all.

Well, aren't we going by this ranks test thing a little bit too literally? I highly doubt that the ranks of SSS+, SSS, SS+ and the higher ranks are determined by some mock-field test but rather by overall judgement of skill and prowess in real combat and stuff. Maybe even promotions based by performance, since TSAB can tape everything. If B already requires a whole playing field with drones...

I don't think even the best mages are capable of planetary destruction without some external Logia-sourcing (( Arc-en-Ciel at best could destroy a city )), but if one were to think on how much it'd cost to put upper-ranked mages to official testing...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 18:24   Link #222
Woden

*Struggles against the urge to bring up previous arguments*

Does the story section say anything new?
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 18:33   Link #223
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
*Struggles against the urge to bring up previous arguments*

Does the story section say anything new?
Isn't that just a summary of Episode 1?

Granted, I've only read the first line, but it mentioned the airport fire so I doubt there's anything new.

Frankly, I'm opposed to deus-ex-nanohayafate.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 18:39   Link #224
Woden

GRAH! I was hoping for some actual news on the storyline...
Old 2007-04-06, 19:31   Link #225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Woden
ARGH!

I'm not saying they should change the ENTIRE system just for Hayate! I'm say they could just make ONE exceptional test for her, to suit your needs!!!

(*Breathe in, breathe out....*)

Ancient Velka may be dead to them at first, but now that they have THREE users, three users of a ultra-rare form of magic, some how that should take priority in the research department.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 19:43   Link #226
Meophist

I'm just wondering, is the Midchildan language decipherable?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 19:44   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I'm just wondering, is the Midchildan language decipherable?
*Shrug*

According to wiki, those are greek letters written on their magic circle...
Old 2007-04-06, 19:59   Link #228
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*Shrug*

According to wiki, those are greek letters written on their magic circle...
There are four greek letters written at the four "corners" of the circle, but there's also alot of other text on it too. The "font" is used all over the place. It's not Greek, English, or any other real language, at least not as far as I know.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 19:59   Link #229
Woden

Quote:
@Woden
ARGH!

I'm not saying they should change the ENTIRE system just for Hayate! I'm say they could just make ONE exceptional test for her, to suit your needs!!!

(*Breathe in, breathe out....*)

Ancient Velka may be dead to them at first, but now that they have THREE users, three users of a ultra-rare form of magic, some how that should take priority in the research department.
Maybe it did for a time. Yet once they were able to suitably rip it off without having to use a truly different magic system, they had no need keep it as their main focus. Perhaps in some lab, it is still being worked on. Yet in lieu of a mid-type alternative, there is no reason to focus on Velka.

Let's look at it this way:

You are told to destroy a building. You've been given a series of remote detonating bombs. Yet you know that you can destroy the building just as easily through another method that doesn't use bombs. You are unlikely to be punished for not using the bombs unless there are special circumstances.

It's a case of if it isn't broke, don't fix it. In the current situation of the TSAB, if the mage can get the job done just as well through another method, I doubt they are going to punish the mage for doing things differently. It just makes the system a bit unreliable for comparing two users of different magic types.

Still, lets just move on. Both of us are just repeating ourselves now.
Old 2007-04-06, 20:02   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden
Still, lets just move on. Both of us are just repeating ourselves now.
Agree then.
Old 2007-04-06, 20:02   Link #231
Woden

Why would I agree to something that I don't believe in? It is an argument in which neither side seems that they are going to surrender. It is likely best to simply shake hands, and go "whatever". You can go write your side of the story, and I'll go consider trying my hand at it again.
Old 2007-04-06, 20:39   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Why would I agree to something that I don't believe in? It is an argument in which neither side seems that they are going to surrender. It is likely best to simply shake hands, and go "whatever". You can go write your side of the story, and I'll go consider trying my hand at it again.
ARGH! I meant I agree with you then with that part about letting go...
Old 2007-04-06, 20:41   Link #233
Woden

Oh... Ok...

Sorry about that.
Old 2007-04-06, 22:11   Link #234
Aaron008R

Ok... Now how about a new discussion? Let's talk about the new devices! Any ideas on how the new cast's Intelligent/Armed/Boost devices are going to sound like? Will Cross Mirage talk like Spike Spiegel (English)? Will Mach Calibur sound like Onizuka (English)? Will Strada even be provided with AI in order to talk (German)? Will Kerykeion speak French? I'm looking forward to your comments!
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 22:52   Link #235
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Ok... Now how about a new discussion? Let's talk about the new devices! Any ideas on how the new cast's Intelligent/Armed/Boost devices are going to sound like? Will Cross Mirage talk like Spike Spiegel (English)? Will Mach Calibur sound like Onizuka (English)? Will Strada even be provided with AI in order to talk (German)? Will Kerykeion speak French? I'm looking forward to your comments!
Errr pretty sure Subaru and Teana device has no AI , dont think they gonna talk (no seiyuu in the cast list).Maybe the upgraded version.

Erio device might include Limited AI?(doesn't look like it will even has AI from the design)

As for caro , her devices seems to be similar to Shamal rings so no voice too i guess.

I do hope though that one of the device would have small kid voice O.o (something like tachikoma's voice in GiS:SAC),maybe caro's

Edit:
Is it me hallucinating or ANN Strikers' cast list include Yuuno now?

Last edited by raidou; 2007-04-06 at 23:07.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:04   Link #236
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Errr pretty sure Subaru and Teana device has no AI , dont think they gonna talk (no seiyuu in the cast list).Maybe the upgraded version.

Erio device might include Limited AI?(doesn't look like it will even has AI from the design)

As for caro , her devices seems to be similar to Shamal rings so cant talk also imo.
Oh. Gotta be more specific. I WAS talking about the upgraded versions. And about Shamal's device, Klar Wind, it does talk! It said, "Ja." which means, "Yes." in German after she ordered it to heal Nanoha and Fate's injuries before the final battle in A's.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 23:08   Link #237
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh. Gotta be more specific. I WAS talking about the upgraded versions. And about Shamal's device, Klar Wind, it does talk! It said, "Ja." which means, "Yes." in German after she ordered it to heal Nanoha and Fate's injuries before the final battle in A's.
Ahh sorry if i misunderstand, my english suck ^^

Yeah i was about to edit my post again , forgot about shamal device and took a awhile to re-download the episode and re watch lol.

They probably would have Limited AI when upgraded , but somehow i dont feel like they will ever talk or have AI from the way they are used/designed.

This Nanoha threads filled really fast ><,suck cant follow it because of exam weeks.
Old 2007-04-06, 23:13   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Edit:
Is it me hallucinating or ANN Strikers' cast list include Yuuno now?
Nah, it's been there for some time already...
Old 2007-04-06, 23:16   Link #239
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Nah, it's been there for some time already...
Ahh i see , seldom visit ANN..so was confused when i see it.Last time i checked after was told to ,didn't see him.Thanks
Old 2007-04-06, 23:23   Link #240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ahh i see , seldom visit ANN..so was confused when i see it.Last time i checked after was told to ,didn't see him.Thanks

The funny thing was, 6-7 months ago, there were only 6 names on the cast list.

Nanoha
Fate
Hayate
Yuuno
Arf
Chrono

... Only 5 remained...