AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-11-30, 07:50   Link #1
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Suteki-Yume, Requesting Feedback

Errr Hi ^_^

I am the founder of Suteki-Yume and some of you might already know us, but then again, you might have not heard of us yet. We were framed rather badly though... >_<

Anyway.. err.. we have always been giving our best for all of our projects and works and so, we could like to hear what you guys think about our Chrno Crusade, so we can work on our mistakes and do a even better job on the next ep and the next and the next ^_^

Please donate your words kindly ^_^
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 15:21   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
You weren't framed, you were called out for what you were. If you want suggestions, how about this: Stop being a bunch of idiots and quit distroing DVD rips.

Listed on your site:

Char's CounterAttack - Movie [DVD] (on DVD)
Spirited Away - Movie [DVD] (god how could you have missed THIS?)
Gundam 08th MS Team [DVD] (on DVD)
King of Bandit Jing [DVD] (licensed)
Gundam 0080 Ova [DVD] (on DVD)

ALL of the above is licensed and/or out.

I imagine all of these are likely available along side your release of Chrno Crusade.

http://www.suteki-yume.net/releases.html

Get a clue and come back later.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 23:06   Link #3
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I personally don't have a grudge against you guys, but you may want to stay away from the forums of groups who don't distribute licensed anime. It will only cause the flaming posts like the ones before mine. Now whether or not you were framed, I cannot decide, but I do however know that you guys distribute illegal dvd rips. I use to go to your site too, but I decided to get the dvd's when they come out since I already own Char's Counter-attack, 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080 & 0083, Gundam OVA movies well not ova, and the AC Gundam Wing (all legit dvds). BTW may have goofed on the AC thing always get the timeline abv mixed up.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:09   Link #4
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
Yeah, you may want to stop distroing American DVD rips, though I like how you subbed Hack//Sign 28 and Hack//Gift.
Kenji Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:54   Link #5
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel
Errr Hi ^_^

I am the founder of Suteki-Yume and some of you might already know us, but then again, you might have not heard of us yet. We were framed rather badly though... >_<

Anyway.. err.. we have always been giving our best for all of our projects and works and so, we could like to hear what you guys think about our Chrno Crusade, so we can work on our mistakes and do a even better job on the next ep and the next and the next ^_^

Please donate your words kindly ^_^

How were framed? I suggest you look up that word at www.dictionary.com

Not only were you releasing dvd rips as stated above but you are only subbing things for speed and to beat other groups.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 02:58   Link #6
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

This is how Suteki-Yume was framed: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1167

Unless they were framed for something somewhere else...
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 09:02   Link #7
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Two thoughts...

1. Your name (Suteki Yume (meaning 'wonderful dream' or something like that for those who don't speak Japanese...))...
A nice departure from "_____-anime" and "Anime-_____" and "_______ fansubs" and such ^^;

2. It seems ppl don't like you distroing DVD rips alongside your fansubs....
While what you do is totally your choice, I reccomend either one or the other. If you wanna fansub, just stick to that, I think it'll gain more respect.
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 11:19   Link #8
[FeYed]
Inactive Member

u CC is mediocre! drop with the fansub plz .
[FeYed] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 11:31   Link #9
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

wow, the people have spoken against downloading licensed anime, but actually, I see nothing wrong with what suteki-yume is doing, basically, anime-suki is an American-oriented website, and once something's licensed in America, they take it down, but, i figured it's alright for a group to have licensed anime readily availble for download if their intention is for people in other countries [where the anime is not licensed] to be able to see the animation. if you're in a region where DVDs are availble, then don't download it.

i think the whole moral thing about licensed anime is more about self-restraint rather than quarantine groups which provided licensed anime. I mean suteki-yume's not the only group which did this, there are like more than a dozen groups listed on the anime-suki site that have done it.

anyhow, yeah, i was going to say suteki did a great job on hack//gift and ep 28. thanks!
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 13:47   Link #10
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Just some feedback!

Personally getting back to the topic, Me being from akraze I think that everybody did a pretty good job on CC I mean it is free =), Also your subbing of hack//gift Jerry Chu From Bandai #askjerry asked all groups to cease any hack sign did a public notice to all fansubbers. He did the same for GITs. I had to call bandai inc, Personally and talk with him because of Anime-kraze doing Dusk, Sign, and GITs. Out of respect for him, and his understanding of how hard fansubbers work (hes a very nice guy btw). He explained to me he was telling all fansub groups to cease their licensed work before legal department action was taken. So I suggest you do remove those links and cease any .Hack Series for your sake. Anime-kraze was going to do 28 also, but I recommend you look into this Bandai situation before persueing the .Hack. Keep in mind, I did think you did a nice job on 28, but it should not have been subbed. If you have any more questions you can always PM me and I will happily tell you what Bandai said.
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 17:48   Link #11
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

The NA R1 license isn't about the region...its about the translation. These American companies provide the "official" english translation...It's cool if you want to translate into another language...but because an English translation that is easily understood worldwide can be provided...there is no need to keep pirating stuff in English.

But hey...if you want to keep stepping on their toes and keep putting the fansubbing community at more risk then who am I to complain about something you do for free.............................
Old 2003-12-04, 15:06   Link #12
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

Suteki-Yume has already long announced that it has stopped subbing licensed animes and have halt distro and all versions of the files. The release page still lists those releases though, because there were released, but the torrents and every other stuff were removed. The bots no longer serve those files either. So wassup with you people?

Suyu also don't use hacked distro, though I don't denied the fact that we research into this area as a interest, however it is in no way connected to our distro benefits.

And suyu don;t sub for speed and blah blah bullshit whatever u just insulted us. We don't cut into anime series halfway and steal the show either. We try to avoid projects which are being subbed by 2 or more groups currently, however we didn't expect 6 or 7 groups to do Chrno Crusade... this was not within our expectation. And since this is our first step in the reforming, we can't drop the project and it's a joint still.

Neither do we sub projects just because say we like the anime. Like say, hey let's sub Maburaho, it's a awesome anime, we will get popular as long as we do faster then the other group. Bullshit!!! We were planning to work on maburaho before it was even airred, but research shows S-C was doing it, so we dropped the project because we know we won't be a better job then S-C.

We sub for quality, to bring the best to anime fans, not for fame and money!! We are a non-profit, anti-hacker group!! And this is what we are!! Not some shit u just referred us as!

Subs were edited and checked over and over again to ensure that the meaning is perfect and not lost even after editing. Encodes were done again and again, to the best perfection we can get. We are a new fansub group and we are small, that I know, but we do the best we can to bring the best possible quality to the fans. We didn't spent our time sleeping or playing games when we have no projects, we spent time researching into codecs and see how much more we can improve and we ensure that the codec can be decoded correctly even without directshow filther installed or another external software other then the normal xvid codec.

We work to the best we can and we don't ask that you know us or what, but we ask that u respect us in what we do and not insult it just because you feel like it!!

Last edited by holyangel; 2003-12-04 at 15:26.
Old 2003-12-04, 19:02   Link #13
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel
Suteki-Yume has already long announced that it has stopped subbing licensed animes and have halt distro and all versions of the files. The release page still lists those releases though, because there were released, but the torrents and every other stuff were removed. The bots no longer serve those files either. So wassup with you people?

Suyu also don't use hacked distro, though I don't denied the fact that we research into this area as a interest, however it is in no way connected to our distro benefits.

And suyu don;t sub for speed and blah blah bullshit whatever u just insulted us. We don't cut into anime series halfway and steal the show either. We try to avoid projects which are being subbed by 2 or more groups currently, however we didn't expect 6 or 7 groups to do Chrno Crusade... this was not within our expectation. And since this is our first step in the reforming, we can't drop the project and it's a joint still.

Neither do we sub projects just because say we like the anime. Like say, hey let's sub Maburaho, it's a awesome anime, we will get popular as long as we do faster then the other group. Bullshit!!! We were planning to work on maburaho before it was even airred, but research shows S-C was doing it, so we dropped the project because we know we won't be a better job then S-C.

We sub for quality, to bring the best to anime fans, not for fame and money!! We are a non-profit, anti-hacker group!! And this is what we are!! Not some shit u just referred us as!

Subs were edited and checked over and over again to ensure that the meaning is perfect and not lost even after editing. Encodes were done again and again, to the best perfection we can get. We are a new fansub group and we are small, that I know, but we do the best we can to bring the best possible quality to the fans. We didn't spent our time sleeping or playing games when we have no projects, we spent time researching into codecs and see how much more we can improve and we ensure that the codec can be decoded correctly even without directshow filther installed or another external software other then the normal xvid codec.

We work to the best we can and we don't ask that you know us or what, but we ask that u respect us in what we do and not insult it just because you feel like it!!
I'm sorry but this would mean alot more if your releases page didn't contain all those DVD rips
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 02:37   Link #14
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

We don't sub dvd anymore... Though we sub those DVD by request in the past. And btw! Getting a DVD Raw and Getting a DVD Rip is 2 different thing and what we use are dvd raws, so don't put us together with dvd rippers.

AND FOR GOD SAKE!!! WE HAVE ALREADY STOPPED DISTRO AND ALL VERSIONS OF THOSE RELEASES!! SO WHY CAN"T U FUCKING PEOPLE WAKE UP AND ABSORB THIS IN!!! WE DON"T SUB LICENSED PROJECTS ANYMORE!!! IT"S ALREADY OFFICALLY ANNOUNCED!!

Last edited by holyangel; 2003-12-05 at 02:57.
Old 2003-12-05, 06:25   Link #15
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

hmm maybe the site was abit confusing... ^^!! I visited my own site and I think I figured out what u people mean. You don't download torrents or stuff off our releases page, that page has no hyperlinks, it's just a page showing our history of fansubbing projects. It's meant for crc checking and blah blah stuff, not for downloading purposes.

The only download area in our site is the bittorrent page and no more...

http://www.suteki-yume.net/bittorrent.html

This page then has hyperlinks. As you can see, there is only unlicensed stuff there.

Hopefully, we can solve this confusion better when our v2 site is done.

Last edited by holyangel; 2003-12-05 at 06:36.
Old 2003-12-05, 06:42   Link #16
chibikit
Lowly A-Kingdom flunkie

Slightly off-topic:

Quote:
Posted by Enragin_Angel - Yesterday at 06:48
The NA R1 license isn't about the region...its about the translation. These American companies provide the "official" english translation...It's cool if you want to translate into another language...but because an English translation that is easily understood worldwide can be provided...there is no need to keep pirating stuff in English.
If the North American R1 license isn't about region but official English translations, then why is it that the companies involved only release on R1 (R2 and Australian releases are brokered by other companies usually, as far as I can see)? Why do they not make DVDs of other regions available as well? After all, English is the lingua franca of the world right now, so if it's really about an official and understandable English translation, why is the license only done for R1?

Cost? Perhaps: it could be argued that making and keeping stocks of non-R1 DVDs is not cost-effective for a NA company. However, there are ways around this - slightly higher prices for other regions, and on-demand production to get around stocking costs, for example. So that's not an airtight reason for the R1-only production of an English translation.

Note to mods: if this is too far off-topic, please inform me by PM and allow me to transfer it to a separate thread before deleting the post, as this is a question I really would like to see answered.
chibikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 06:36   Link #17
LongLiveTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
You weren't framed, you were called out for what you were. If you want suggestions, how about this: Stop being a bunch of idiots and quit distroing DVD rips.

Listed on your site:

Char's CounterAttack - Movie [DVD] (on DVD)
Spirited Away - Movie [DVD] (god how could you have missed THIS?)
Gundam 08th MS Team [DVD] (on DVD)
King of Bandit Jing [DVD] (licensed)
Gundam 0080 Ova [DVD] (on DVD)

ALL of the above is licensed and/or out.

I imagine all of these are likely available along side your release of Chrno Crusade.

http://www.suteki-yume.net/releases.html

Get a clue and come back later.

YOU FORGOT GX and HACK SIGN TOO! But no matter, they're dead now anyway.
LongLiveTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 06:58   Link #18
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

chibikit: I'm referring to fansubs. These companies who make different region DVDs paid for their license, but piraters do not. Because NA companies usually get the license first (but not always) and provide English translations and make enough copies for anyone who wants it...there is no need for other countries to keep pirating the material for their country/region in english.

If you wanna keep pirating...then go ahead...it'll just make the fansubbing community more visible... if you get me.
Old 2003-12-06, 08:33   Link #19
NenMaster

how come this group is getting all teh slack for subbing a licsenced series, they may of did dvd rips in the PAST but not nemore, as he says they are REFORMED.

meh, why dont u complain to other groups about doing licsenced series?
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 13:26   Link #20
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
I don't think anyone will really notice you if you do shows that everyone else is doing. I would suggest you go into the "Top 10 shows to be subbed" thread and pick one og those shows
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote