Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-26, 21:30   Link #581
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
This chapter in one line: a bunch of minor exorcist characters got killed.
to be honest... they are the number 2 in each division

If we're using shounen manga logic, Gabura would be intercepted by at least 3-4 heavenly commanders

one would be intercepted by Tenma in 1v1 scenario

and the current one that met Rokuro would be intercepted by Twin Star lovey-dovey-cutesy couple plus Kamui

Yuuto might be handled personally by the head exorcist

man this is so dark.. that's why avoid death flags!

and also about Sol and Luna,
I think the idea behind letting Sol and Luna to meet from early childhood is part of plan to avoid the despair of Luna in later stage
From all the past, I think all Luna experienced love when everything is too late
Rokuro and Benio already met and developed feelings before they even know their original power and role
Everything has been planned properly after all
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 21:55   Link #582
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Remember Ying and Yang is more than just harmony.
In the conventional and traditional sense, yes. I'll agree with you there.

However, in the case of this manga, the author is selectively or loosely borrowing from the concept of yin and yang for sol and luna. This is just my two cents, but I think that we souldn't try to look at it as an accurate, factual or realistic interpretation/representation of yin/yang.

The whole premise behind the twin star prophecy is that the male is the living incarnation of yang and the female is yin. It's also established that resonance is a technique exclusive to the twin stars.

Just because the nature of their powers are polar opposites, doesn't mean that the ability exclusive to them would become unusable. If that's the case, why even have an exclusive paired ability in the first place?

You're overthinking this tbh. There should be no problems with them using resonance with their respective yin and yang powers. The only issue they should have with resonance is how in-sync their hearts and minds are when using it. (This all comes down to the strength of their bond and whether they're on the same page. Their individual power shouldn't have anything to do with it.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 02:19   Link #583
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And Resonance should also make them more powerful than if they were to fight together without it. So as MK-95- said, after they've both awakened their powers, it'd basically be Rokuro and Benio doing with Resonance what their kid would be able to do alone. You need both and Yin and Yang together to fight the King of Impurities.
Old 2018-10-04, 13:03   Link #584
zezegui222
A simple man

Chapter 60 raw is out and... Oh man, they're really fucked up
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 15:01   Link #585
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
Chapter 60 raw is out and... Oh man, they're really fucked up
You mean 64. But yeah,
Spoiler for 64:
Old 2018-10-05, 22:27   Link #586
~Yami~

I don't mind if they sealed Rokuro's hands until his waifu comes..

but still.. too many deaths and despair
as expected, Enmadou's house is getting carried hard by Rokurou and Arimori.. the rest are... meh!

Shizuru avoided death flag.. wow!
and a heavenly commander got one shot.. ugh!

I guess loli-hag and glasses-lady should be enough to face Gabura because of their personal grudge
Old 2018-10-06, 03:19   Link #587
DragonOsman
Dragon King

How likely is it for Impurities and humans to be able to understand each other by the end of this series because of Rokuro and Benio? After that one Basara said it can't happen, and also because of the plan surrounding the Twin-Star Exorcists and how they're Yin-Yang, I've been thinking that Rokuro and Benio may be the ones to finally bring this change.

Spoiler for question about spoilers:
Old 2018-10-06, 07:00   Link #588
~Yami~

theoretically, Rokuro's power was already awakened after meeting with Suzaku's little sister
he occasionally used it unconsciously against Yuuto or a Basara

he should learn to control it though

probably Benio would be accepted in the island due to the Yin Yang theory
although she would probably got discriminated pretty hard
Old 2018-10-06, 15:59   Link #589
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, he can already use that power. He just needs to know how to get into that form at will. He still hasn't figured out how to do that yet as far as I know.

I do think Benio will be discriminated against due to her having become an Impurity, but I also think that the opinion about her on the island will be divided between those who accept her and those who don't. Hopefully the number of people who accept her will be greater so that she's at least protected from hostility.
Old 2018-10-06, 22:46   Link #590
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What happens with Benio may very well depend on how things play out here. If she and Rokuro are critical to turning the tide of the current situation then the majority may not have much choice but to begrudgingly accept her.

It's going to be tense at points and just hope it settles into even an ok situation. Rokuro has a lot to deal with right now and is going to have even more in the near future.
Old 2018-10-06, 23:29   Link #591
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

If it's any consolation, we know that even if Benio is accepted or discriminated against on the island, it shouldn't pose too much of a problem going forward.

The Miko's birth is guaranteed after all, so we've nothing to worry about regarding Benio's future, for now at least. Her plot armor disappears the moment the Miko is born, so I can't attest to her safety following that.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 01:44   Link #592
AP24

In the first place it was exorcists that created impurities so I don't think they have any right to complain
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 02:53   Link #593
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but not all of the exorcists know about this. Even on the island, there's probably a very small number of exorcists who're aware of it. Just like how the number of exorcists, even on the island, who know about Abe no Seimei being a woman is very few. I bet Arima knows everything, though. He'd need to tell the others so that they don't give Benio too much trouble.
Old 2018-10-07, 13:06   Link #594
Shlugo

Damn, the situation looks pretty damn bleak at this point. I don't think the exorcists have much of a chance of winning. They can only hold on until Benio shows up and saves them.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 13:56   Link #595
Kazu-kun

Is Benio even strong enough to save them? Every time she got a powerup, she ended up getting her ass kicked soon after. It wouldn't surprise me if the same happens again. Yuuto would probably kick her ass all over the place. The Basara who defeated Arima would probably kill her easily too.

I don't believe Benio got stronger than Arima. If Arima couldn't stop the basara, there's no way Benio can do it. The only chance they have is for Rokuro to awaken his power and save them all. Rokuro has always been a lot stronger than Benio.
Old 2018-10-07, 14:22   Link #596
Shlugo

Benio has awakened as Luna, the ultimate vessel of yin power, she should be more powerful than any impurity pretty much by definition.

I honestly can't wait to see Yuuto's face when he'll see Benio and realizes that for all his dabbling in forbidden arts his powers are at best a pale imitation of hers.
Old 2018-10-07, 15:34   Link #597
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Benio has awakened as Luna, the ultimate vessel of yin power, she should be more powerful than any impurity pretty much by definition.
I believe it when I see it. She always gets her ass kicked against strong opponents. I don't think the author is gonna change the way he deals with her character now.

Quote:
I honestly can't wait to see Yuuto's face when he'll see Benio and realizes that for all his dabbling in forbidden arts his powers are at best a pale imitation of hers.
Yuuto has both Ying and Yang powers. He's beyond the power of a basara.
Old 2018-10-08, 06:01   Link #598
DragonOsman
Dragon King

His power will likely pale in comparison to the Miko's. Too bad he/she can't be born yet.

And I agree with Shlugo about Benio. Yes, it's good to wait until we see it to believe it, but there's such a thing as power and character development. And this series also seems like it's nearing or at the final arc. Wouldn't make much sense for Benio to keep losing even after having awakened as a Luna. And Rokuro has also awakened already--he just needs to understand what that form is and how he can go into it at will.
Old 2018-10-08, 15:57   Link #599
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Wouldn't make much sense for Benio to keep losing even after having awakened as a Luna.
I agree that it wouldn't make sense, but I don't trust this author to not shit the bed. I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment.
Old 2018-10-08, 17:09   Link #600
Shlugo

Oh, I wasn't taking bad writing into account, because that can ruin any predictions, since bad writing doesn't need to make sense. So my predictions always assume the writing won't fall flat on it's face.

Anyway, from what the story established, Benio should be now far stronger than any impurity.

Oh, also it feels like Yuuto might be done for this arc, since the series is about to move on to King of Impurities being the main villain.

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen