AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-16, 02:23   Link #81
LevelSeven

Anti magic are all his swords but the design showed that it was the sword he got from the dungeon adventure...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 08:22   Link #82
The One Above God
Kamijou

^Oh, got a bit confused there.

Anyway, ch 70 is pretty awesome. That page with Aster warping all over the place looked amazing. I want an anime now just to see that particular scene animated . Also, since it's the Magic eating sword that he used to shank beast guy, it might be able to absorb some of the guy's magic.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 08:51   Link #83
LevelSeven

^oh, yeah, thats true, he should have absorbed the self-healing-magic that was used on parts of the beast-guys body,
maybe it will help him survive a deadly injury at some point, but it is sad that it seems like the spells he absorbed wont last forever (or was it said it could?)

at least it would be a good way to power up aster through his various battles with all kinds of magicians
Old 2016-07-16, 10:25   Link #84
XFire
150% done

Well, that answers the question of whether Aster's ever going to kill his enemies or not...
Old 2016-07-21, 12:01   Link #85
LevelSeven

ch.71

seems like even the combination of anti-magic + string magic + space magic isnt enough to smoothly defeat beast-villian :O

a stupid idea to take the boys weapon away via letting him pierce your body, of course the sword will mess your magic -_- to be honest, i expected a better idea
but maybe villian-man lied and asta actually did hit him correctly, but he made it look like they failed in order to crush their wills >_>

either way, thanks to the sword weakening beast-man asta finally managed to bring him down via help from space and string magicians

but i still doubt that this will be enough to capture beastman, mostlikely he manages to escape and than thanks to his epiphany during the battle he will get even stronger in the future
unfortunatly aster didnt kill him but at least he tried it
Old 2016-08-08, 09:37   Link #86
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

OMG, i just ate all 72 chapter in one day.
It's been a while since I found a manga that attrative.

Though the "he got no magic" thing starts to get kinda annoying. But that must be because I read all the chapters at once.
Wish Aster would use a bit more his second sword to fire magic... Or at least train to understand its use. But then, he would not really be the one "withou any magic" (yeah yeah, we got it...)

The first one nullify and deflect/reflect magic. The second one can absorb/mimic it.
Will he ever get a third one or just power up the two he already got, that's a mystery for now...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:47   Link #87
LevelSeven

Yay, another BC fan, welcome in the still growing animesuki fanclub pS:imagine my face looking like my avatar right now

And: i guess the problem with the training of the second sword is that he cant do it alone, i think he must first absorb a large quantity of a certain element before beimg able to fire them
Old 2016-08-08, 11:50   Link #88
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Yay, another BC fan, welcome in the still growing animesuki fanclub pS:imagine my face looking like my avatar right now

And: i guess the problem with the training of the second sword is that he cant do it alone, i think he must first absorb a large quantity of a certain element before beimg able to fire them
Hahaha ! Thx for having me then !
How could I miss this manga. Feel like i'm so late to the party. But guess that's a tiny party for now.

Well, the problem would be either gathering enough mana OR just activate the dawn skill once done with the collect.
I just hope in many months from now i'll still enjoy this one, not like... Bleach.
Old 2016-08-08, 11:59   Link #89
ChuckE
Provoker

It's fine manga. Though it uses too much from other manga (especially in the beginning) - I actually dropped it once.

But lately I was able to break through it and now I enjoy it

Though that bird it awesome
Old 2016-08-08, 12:10   Link #90
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Hahaha ! Thx for having me then !
How could I miss this manga. Feel like i'm so late to the party. But guess that's a tiny party for now.
only for now, im sure once the anime is out (if it a anime on the same tier as boku no hero) the manga will gain a IMMENSE amount of popularity, exspecially since the fights are really to my liking
Quote:
Well, the problem would be either gathering enough mana OR just activate the dawn skill once done with the collect.
yeah, the only time he used that was with noelle but im not sure anymore, how much water magic did he absorb previously?
Quote:
I just hope in many months from now i'll still enjoy this one, not like... Bleach.
you will, and everytime you think that the story gets boring i will remind you on the fact that the MC still gets his ass handed to him in every fight and that his comrades actually do something to help him defeat the enemy

^yeah, the bird is really awesome but i wonder what the deal is with him, i mean he follows aster and finds the stones easily, i hope it will be explained at some point since it is some unnatural convenient bird
Old 2016-08-08, 12:22   Link #91
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
^yeah, the bird is really awesome but i wonder what the deal is with him, i mean he follows aster and finds the stones easily, i hope it will be explained at some point since it is some unnatural convenient bird
It definitely related to grimoir. Because it appeared before the test but after he gained the grimoir.
Maybe some guardian? Maybe some demon?
Old 2016-08-08, 12:38   Link #92
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
It definitely related to grimoir. Because it appeared before the test but after he gained the grimoir.
Maybe some guardian? Maybe some demon?
i thought about that too, maybe it is one of the "beasts" similar to what magicians summon with their spells,
we already saw several animals being "made" or "summoned" by magicians,
so could it be that this bird is a animal that is "made" out of anti-magic? and like the two swords it existed before aster got the grimoire and exists without aster doing anything so he can stay in the real world as long as it wants....
but i guess this is to much a stretch right?
Old 2016-08-08, 13:25   Link #93
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
yeah, the only time he used that was with noelle but im not sure anymore, how much water magic did he absorb previously?

you will, and everytime you think that the story gets boring i will remind you on the fact that the MC still gets his ass handed to him in every fight and that his comrades actually do something to help him defeat the enemy
Didn't he use also Gauche's mirror mana once ?
Anyway, we haven't any real info yet on what trigger that skill.

It is true. They do rely a lot on teamwork which is nice. The space/wire magic combo against Vet was awesome.

And. That. Bird. ROCKS !!
Hope he's more than just a pet.
Old 2016-08-08, 13:25   Link #94
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
i thought about that too, maybe it is one of the "beasts" similar to what magicians summon with their spells,
we already saw several animals being "made" or "summoned" by magicians,
so could it be that this bird is a animal that is "made" out of anti-magic? and like the two swords it existed before aster got the grimoire and exists without aster doing anything so he can stay in the real world as long as it wants....
but i guess this is to much a stretch right?
Oh! Maybe the bird is something like that fairy Yuno has? Except it is living in the grimoire.

By the are there possibly other swords? Also the swords might be some anti-magic weapons but they require black grimoire to record them.
Old 2016-08-08, 13:45   Link #95
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Didn't he use also Gauche's mirror mana once ?
Anyway, we haven't any real info yet on what trigger that skill.
yeah, i hope we will see some hints to how he manages to control that skill, it will be a useful power up against enemys who use non-magical object against him from long range
Quote:
It is true. They do rely a lot on teamwork which is nice. The space/wire magic combo against Vet was awesome.
i always expected a sudden power up but it never happened, this is one thing i LOVE about the current BC, i really want the fights to stay like that
Quote:
And. That. Bird. ROCKS !!
Hope he's more than just a pet.
i would put it into my top 10 animals (simply because of the look on his face XD)

^i will bet 5€ that the end-look of aster will be similar to Guts from Berserk, he will develop physically into a person similar to yami in body-structure and than get a armor that strengthens his physical stats by absorbing mana, i guess it will have a upper limit in how much mana it can absorb (so that fights against magicians dont end totally one-sided ) but it will result in some insane DBZ-like superbeing fights

as for weapons: i want to see a shield at some point too, it could have the ability to mimic a spell,
but not like the magic absorbing sword, it will reflect the spell (and only the spell) on its rusty(/dirty) surface and attack with the same spell back so that they cancel each other out before it reaches either one,
that would give aster 1. the ability to counter continuous attacks, and 2. counter most attacks that is a large area of effect, but it requires the shield to directly face the spell, otherwise it wont work, that means suprise attacks will be its biggest weakness
Old 2016-08-08, 17:34   Link #96
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
as for weapons: i want to see a shield at some point too, it could have the ability to mimic a spell,
but not like the magic absorbing sword, it will reflect the spell (and only the spell) on its rusty(/dirty) surface and attack with the same spell back so that they cancel each other out before it reaches either one,
that would give aster 1. the ability to counter continuous attacks, and 2. counter most attacks that is a large area of effect, but it requires the shield to directly face the spell, otherwise it wont work, that means suprise attacks will be its biggest weakness
But the big sword already reflect spells...
I was also wondering what type of sword he could use.
And the ideas I came up with are based on Aster's body enhancement.

- A rapier that would absorb mana and convert it to speed.
- A shield converting mana to build up his endurance/stamina.
- An axe converting mana into physical strengh.
- A dagger converting mana to accelerate recovery/healing.

Though I'd like for him to only use sword-like weapons (knife, katana, etc...)
Old 2016-08-08, 18:25   Link #97
LevelSeven

^interesting ideas, i really hope that would happen, afterall i doubt that the top tier magicians will be weak glass canons like the lower tiers,
if aster doesnt get a boost in strength i dont see how he will ever become able to compete with the big ones

EDIT: ch 73

what for a cute chapter
and aster isnt as brainless as it seemed, rather deep thinking for someone who first made the impression of a stereotypical shounen MC
and seeing Yami all serious at despair-guys grave also shows that he knows at what time fun is ok and what time it isnt

the last panel made melaugh a lot, seems like the cheering doesnt stop for some time

and...yeah, noelle got a harem member :O is the first time that a shounen gives me a typical harem and a reverse one in a single story XD

plus im a bit sad about the outcome of the invasion, despair-guy should survive, he was fcking OP and i liked his magic a lot, i wonder if he had the power to mimic beings with poisen or all-around-field-of-vision too, a composite of all that and than to boot he uses monster magic in order to mutate such beings,
the only thing his magic couldnt increase was his intelligence and it seems like that was his downfall

but even than im a bit relieved, despair-guy didnt got TnJed into a nice person and didnt get a "the fights with the MC present always end with people injured but nothing more until they kill themselfes so that the good guys dont have blood on their hands on screen", all in all, not the best but also not the worst outcome imo

PS: who thinks that MAYBE villian guy can revive himself? would be awesome if he managed to flee and come back later with real hate towards the black bulls

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2016-08-08 at 19:07.
Old 2016-08-08, 22:29   Link #98
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
EDIT: ch 73
Naaaaah, leaving right now to avoid spoilers...

Quote:
PS: who thinks that MAYBE villian guy can revive himself? would be awesome if he managed to flee and come back later with real hate towards the black bulls
Okay, that was a nice conclusion.

But now Aster just feels too perfect for me.
He's like a mix of what's best in other shonen protagonists. He never give up like Naruto, he's caring like Rin, he's goofy like Aladin, a genius in combat like Kuga from World Trigger...
With basically none of their flaws. He isn't cocky, nor irritating, doesn't have some trauma that he carries around, etc.
Which is good and refreshing, but strange at the same time.

Beside having a meltdown later in the story for whatever reason (looking a you, future injured Yuno), it feels like he doesn't really have room to grow as a person. As a magic-knight, sure he can learn things from his surroundings or build some strength with his grimoire...
Meh... Let's see.
Old 2016-08-18, 13:06   Link #99
LevelSeven

ch. 74

the action will never stop

seems like the black bull will have a well deserved break while golden dawn will fight against the enemys
Yuno and co will now have the chance to show their abilitys, i really wondered if the author would ever do it
Old 2016-08-26, 07:52   Link #100
LevelSeven

ch 75

charmy (food girl) x yuno, i ship them

and it is really interesting, the wind fairy can talk and seems to like yuno i wonder if yuno will only get lolis in his harem XD

PS: and yuno powered up BIG! he oneshotted a captain-class persons magic spell like nothing and this without the usage of his fairy :O

Tags
anti-magic, shonen, yami is the mc