AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

Old 2014-11-09, 10:06   Link #581
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Nah. We just had episode 5. There are six episodes but it started at 0, remember?
Yes, we just had episode 5, so the stuff HtwoN listed will take place in episode 6, meaning the actual Saber vs Assassin and Archer vs Caster fights, as well as Archer deciding and attempting to kill Shirou, should all take place in episode 7. There's still too much to cover next week (episode 6) for the fights to start there. They'll surely be used as cliffhangers instead and start for real in episode 7, hence my saying that will probably be the most exciting episode in S1.

As for what happens to Assassin in the Fate route, that's revealed in Hollow Ataraxia:
Spoiler for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia:
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 10:16   Link #582
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Spoiler for F/HA I suppose:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 02:54   Link #583
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Assassin has rank A luck. So Lancer can't kill him with Gae Bolg.
Doesn't that just mean Lancer can't instakill him with his trump? That the "retroactively hits the heart" aspect of his NP would be overcome? Swordsmanship and terrain aside, Lancer is more powerful, and can do more than enough damage to kill Assassin in a single attack, whether it's an unavoidable stab through the heart or not.
Old 2014-11-10, 03:29   Link #584
whitecloud

you know...when i hear sakura say "i know my brother better that anyone" i pretty much laughing, since i guess we all know that she is pretty much know "ALL" about him, every nook and cranny inside out..HA...mind and body
Old 2014-11-10, 09:25   Link #585
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Doesn't that just mean Lancer can't instakill him with his trump? That the "retroactively hits the heart" aspect of his NP would be overcome? Swordsmanship and terrain aside, Lancer is more powerful, and can do more than enough damage to kill Assassin in a single attack, whether it's an unavoidable stab through the heart or not.
Lancer doesn't like to fight 1-on-1 with Assassin you know.

He isn't scared of fighting both Archer and Saber at the same time:

"Huh? Yeah, leave it to me. You two are going to fight Caster and her Master, right?
My role is to fight Archer.
I'll have to fight Saber as well in the worst case, but it won't be a problem if all I have to do is keep them busy."

But when he talks about Assassin:

"Oh, that's bad. I don't like that guy. I don't even want to fight him one-on-one if I can help it. It's best to kill such a guy from a distance but there's no point in worrying.
Assassin won't be at the church."

So no, Lancer can't overpower Assassin.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:00   Link #586
Shyni

So episode 5 was really really similar to what I remember from the DEENime. Rin gets mad at Shirou and attacks him, they get interrupted when they notice someone getting attacked, rider stabs Shirou and he says she seems weaker than the other Servants.

Did Deen use UBW material for Rider's introduction or did this stuff happen in more than one route?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:07   Link #587
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
So episode 5 was really really similar to what I remember from the DEENime. Rin gets mad at Shirou and attacks him, they get interrupted when they notice someone getting attacked, rider stabs Shirou and he says she seems weaker than the other Servants.

Did Deen use UBW material for Rider's introduction or did this stuff happen in more than one route?
UBW material. Rin immediately proposes an alliance to Shirou in Fate, since Saber wasn't stopped by Shirou's Command Spell and hit Archer. Shirou first met Rider when Shinji asked him to cooperate in Fate.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:34   Link #588
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
So episode 5 was really really similar to what I remember from the DEENime. Rin gets mad at Shirou and attacks him, they get interrupted when they notice someone getting attacked...
I just rewatched last night, so no, Rin and Shirou did not fight in the movie.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:48   Link #589
Shyni

I was referring to Deen's series, actually.
Old 2014-11-10, 10:50   Link #590
GDB

Yeah, the original anime took a lot of scenes from UBW and shoe-horned them in without context or purpose.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 10:59   Link #591
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
But when he talks about Assassin:

"Oh, that's bad. I don't like that guy. I don't even want to fight him one-on-one if I can help it. It's best to kill such a guy from a distance but there's no point in worrying.
Assassin won't be at the church."

So no, Lancer can't overpower Assassin.
Actually, if he's talking about killing him from a distance, that suggests he can overpower him, just not in melee combat (likely as not due to his skill), which is what would be required in context.
Old 2014-11-10, 11:33   Link #592
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, the original anime took a lot of scenes from UBW and shoe-horned them in without context or purpose.
I think the purpose was clearly to try and give the characters that don't get much exposure in Fate a more solid role, since they probably weren't planning to do the following routes and thus needed to showcase every character in their one TV series. I would say they succeeded to an extent, seeing as most characters had some semblance of a role in it, even if some of the stuff they added didn't mesh particularly well with the rest of the Fate route (or was just downright bad filler like Caster kidnapping Sakura).
Old 2014-11-10, 11:40   Link #593
GDB

But Rider didn't really need fleshing out with UBW stuff. HF stuff, sure, but they didn't do that. Thus, her UBW scenes didn't add anything and in fact just made everything odd. It was only the Caster/Kuzuki/Assassin/Sakura part that added anything that would have otherwise been left out of Fate, but like you said that was bad. Other than Bondage Suit Sakura, which was sexy.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:27   Link #594
Amarantine

Yeah, but including Rin attacking Shirou and Rider attacking them afterwards allowed them to also include Shirou and Archer's conversation (which should be the very first scene of next week's episode), and the latter did need fleshing out in Fate. They also seemed pretty intent on spoiling Archer's identity even though Fate is the only route where it's not revealed or relevant, so that scene helped too in establishing more of a relationship between him and Shirou.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:28   Link #595
GDB

But no one remembers or cares about that scene in Fate. All they remember Archer for is GARcher vs Berserker.
Old 2014-11-10, 12:35   Link #596
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Actually, if he's talking about killing him from a distance, that suggests he can overpower him, just not in melee combat (likely as not due to his skill), which is what would be required in context.
> Lancer
> Not melee combat

Err?

Btw, that line suggests that Assassin is a bad opponent for Lancer. Lancer puts him above Saber and Archer combined. It is better for someone to kill him with ranged attacks rather than having Lancer engaging him in melee.

Last edited by HtwoN; 2014-11-10 at 12:45.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 12:43   Link #597
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But no one remembers or cares about that scene in Fate. All they remember Archer for is GARcher vs Berserker.
I do. All Shirou and Archer arguments are great, and DEEN actually did that scene pretty well (hopefully ufotable will too, I'm a bit worried they'll rush through it just to get it done before the OP). Though yes their crowning achievement was still actually showing the Berserker fight and thus originate the term GAR.
Old 2014-11-10, 13:39   Link #598
Shyni

Quote:
> Lancer
> Not melee combat

Err?
Maybe he means throwing Gay Bulge?
Old 2014-11-10, 13:54   Link #599
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lancer's best bet to defeat Assassin would be throwing Gae Bolg--that is pure destructive force, as Nasu put it, as there is nothing special about Assassin's Monohoshizao. Assassin would be hard-pressed to stop it, as it'd easily destroy his sword and Assassin has little room to maneuver as it is.
Old 2014-11-10, 13:54   Link #600
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
It is my headcanon that Shinji becomes Sakura's punchbag on which she releases all her frustration from Senpai falling in love with nee-san. I won't even talk about horrors she does to him and Zouken once Senpai moves to London with nee-san
And Saber.

Yeah, probably won't happen, but damn, it would be truly a good ending.