AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-09-13, 17:09   Link #1
Calca
Expressionless

Hard drive crashed, need help

My main drive got corrupted and unfortunately its where I kept most of my codecs.

I used CoreAVC and CCCP before this all happened and I could play back pretty much anything fine.

However, I reinstalled both programs but I am getting trouble playing a high quality episode of Hayate no Gotoku. It plays back very slowly and it seems liek the CoreAVC isn't helping at all. I am trying to figure out if I am missing a codec which will help the playback run smoother
Old 2007-09-13, 17:36   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

re install CCCP and use media player classic, see if that fixes it. Did this file play on your computer before, or is it a new download? make sure you have closed other programs and watch your processes in the windows task manager when u try again.
Old 2007-09-13, 18:47   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

What are your computer's specs?
Old 2007-09-13, 23:34   Link #4
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Also make sure CoreAVC is being used for h264 files instead of ffdshow -- you can disable h264 support in ffdshow by going to the "ffdshow video configuration" in the CCCP start menu (Start -> Programs -> Combined Community Codec Pack).

Then reinstall CoreAVC again to make sure it is set as h264 decoder.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:40   Link #5
tritoch

Sometimes CoreAVC just can't help you.

When your computer is slow, its prolly ram, the hard drive or the processor. If you used a low rpm as your OS hard drive, it will turn out sluggish no matter how fast your processor and that 2gb ram will theoretically give you.

Mine is like that right now, my old laptop's main drive died on me and i had to put in a 2400 rpm hd and now it really feels effing slow eventhough I have the same specs for everything else except the replacement hd.

Whenever I try to write something on that drive, the screen lags as if it is overloading in its workload. Same goes whenever I copy/cut stuff from that hd to another although not as severe as writing to that hd itself.
Old 2007-09-14, 15:07   Link #6
Calca
Expressionless

It fixed.

I uninstalled my CCCP that I had reinstalled and then reinstalled it again. Afterwards, I reinstalled CoreAVC and restarted my comp.

Maybe some of the files that could only be taken out after a restart we lagging it down.

Now another problem I have is my framerate in my WoW sucks compared to before when it was fine.