AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 07:54   Link #3801
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Why would she? If she's the one who provides the egg, and Nanoha the one who caries the child, then there is no reason for her to be jealous.

Besides, according to Satashi, both the girls asked Yuuno, so they don't mind at all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 08:35   Link #3802
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Why would she? If she's the one who provides the egg, and Nanoha the one who caries the child, then there is no reason for her to be jealous.

Besides, according to Satashi, both the girls asked Yuuno, so they don't mind at all.
I agree.

*looks around*

I guess I should post something else too.

I think some people are really missing just how strong the bonds between parent and child are. It's been said before but it's a very important important point. The image of adopted and sperm doner children always looking for their "real" parent(s) is in fact a dramatization because happy adopted children wouldn't make a good story. While it's true there are cases, these are the exceptions not the rules.

The truth is is the child [Vivio... I mean *shifty eyes*] as long as it's raised with Nanoha and Fate as central parent figures really shouldn't have that many problems with Yuuno (yeah there'd be some questions and confusion later on but as a whole it wouldn't consume their lives.) It also should be noted that no matter what Yuuno will end up as one of Vivio's central male role models (It'll be like him... and Zafira... and Zafira really is a dog in SbtB (actually to be fair I can't really remember if Zafira is even in SbtB ^^; but I'm sure he's a dog)

(On a different note I can't think of it as Nanoha cheating on Fate with Yuuno. Not because I'm against Yunoha (I like it fine (I'm not a shipper but I'm cool with it) though I think it needs new name -_-') but because in SbtB Yuuno was like her brother so by the cheating logic it'd be like Nanoha having.......with her brother. *shudeer* squicky squicky squicky. Not that I'm against them using Yuuno I just can't... imagine... brain malfunctioning.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 09:15   Link #3803
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Nanoha wouldnt be able to carry an egg from Fate, Nanoha,s immune system would identify the egg, zygote by this stage, as foreign and kill it in the womb.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 09:18   Link #3804
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, so much for that idea then.

Darn, and it was the perfect solution too.
Old 2008-04-27, 09:41   Link #3805
Mae
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Mae Send a message via MSN to Mae
Uhm, I don't think the body would reject the egg. Ever heard of surrogacy? If a woman is having difficulties carrying her own child, she can use another woman to carry her embryo... It's been done many times before, so the whole Fate's egg and Yuuno's sperm put into Nanoha's womb would work.
Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 10:11   Link #3806
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Uhm, I don't think the body would reject the egg. Ever heard of surrogacy? If a woman is having difficulties carrying her own child, she can use another woman to carry her embryo... It's been done many times before, so the whole Fate's egg and Yuuno's sperm put into Nanoha's womb would work.
Oops, I completely forgot about that, thanks for telling me. Sorry Keroko my mistake.

In this case I'm completely for the idea of it being Fate's egg carried by Nanoha, but I still think it should be an anomous donor.

Though I would like to point out that an overly powerful immune system is behind some cases of infertility.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 10:15   Link #3807
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Quote true story. They even did it in "FRIENDS", which is where the idea came from.

What it boils down to from the debates the last......two pages...... is people think Vivio may see Yuuno as her father and not Fate-papa. Here is the way it works: Even if NanoFate did somehow splice their genes, Yuuno would still be godfather. Yuuno would babysit, Yuuno would cook out on the grill on Saturdays while Vivio plays in the yard, Yuuno would do all the fatherly stuff. Logic? He's Nanoha's proclaimed brother, lived with her while little, and she "lived" with him for the rest of their lives until she married Fate. That would technically make Vivio his niece. Also, there are some things a male figure does and some that female figures do. Either way, Vivio will see Yuuno as "someone who has always taken care of her". LAbeling him as a term will make Vivio see him in differnt ways.

If Yuuno= Yuuno-san, her godfather, then she will grow up clearly knowing and understanding that he is important in her life.

Vivio will, of course, one day, ask why she has two mothers, and They will explain it to her as "She's special". There's no reason to "hide" who the donor was. Yuuno donated sperm, they fertilized Fate's egg, and Nanoha carried it. So they are all biological parents. The "parent" is the person who raises the child.

Take Vivio in Strikers. Do you consider her Nanoha and Fate's child? I do and I'm a Yuunoha fan as well. We perceive this because Nanoha raised her, and Fate was there as well. Vivio was told "you have two mamas" and she simply agreed with it.

Besides, In the story it's nothing more than:

Spoiler for It's right below the title, so I don't mind revealing this:

That's all that's said.

Anyway, topic closed for now. Thank you everyone for the thoughts ^.^ I read every post and every PM <3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 10:56   Link #3808
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

WOW. The last two pages of debate were INTENSE to say the very least. It was really fun to read, I don't know why. All this talk about genetics and psychology, I loved it
Whew.

Glad we got to a conclusion.

And Vivio is sooooo cute ^^
Spoiler for Your head will explode from teh cuteness O_o:

Last edited by Momo Chan; 2008-04-27 at 11:13.
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:52   Link #3809
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo Chan View Post
WOW. The last two pages of debate were INTENSE to say the very least. It was really fun to read, I don't know why. All this talk about genetics and psychology, I loved it
Whew.

*head asplodes*

I dunno what it is about Vivio, but she's great cuteness factor. Even not born yet, everyone squeals for her
Old 2008-04-27, 11:56   Link #3810
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*boom*

Vivio hit a string in me the moment that very first image of a strange girl clinging to Nanoha on the CD was posted. <3
Old 2008-04-27, 12:21   Link #3811
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Graf Eisen: EXPLOSION!

on another note it took me 3/4ths of the video to realize where I recognized the song from.
Old 2008-04-27, 15:49   Link #3812
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk~

Sorry a mix of life and computer problems forced me to go compyless for a little while. (It also made me go writingless =-= please forgive my extreme lateness)
Welcome back You were missed

Quote:
Hark is this a crack filled ooc crazy crossover short I've written...

Why yes it is
Spoiler for OBJECTION!Nanoha:

Can you guess what I did when I was computerless? (If you guessed played DS games 'til my eyes glazed over you're right)

With apologies to Evil Rick for stealing that awesome line. (I have no idea why I like it so much)
Now that was good

Quote:
Whew.

Laevatein: Explosion
*Brain splatter*

That double 'ohayou' by Potemayo and Vivio finished me off totally

Spoiler for 178, 179 & 180:

Spoiler for Lobus notes:

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-04-28 at 12:36.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:15   Link #3813
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Whew.

I died of laugh in 00:11-00:16
Oh Vivio...
Old 2008-04-27, 16:44   Link #3814
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk~

Sorry a mix of life and computer problems forced me to go compyless for a little while. (It also made me go writingless =-= please forgive my extreme lateness)

Now that I've gone through ten pages of backlog I can put this:

@Satashi- the Disney stuff is fun (though unlike any Disney world I've ever been to... well it's the mid version so....XD). oh and by the way E (:3)
@Satashi and MecurianAngel- Teasers are mean T_T
@JunkedCat- New (well not so new now I guess) Landscaper is very interesting and I feel it's setting up an interesting future for the fic
@Evil Rick- I'll give Rise of the Techno ch 2 a proper review when I finish downloading it
@Everybody else- Some cool new stuff being added to Nanoha Fanfiction everyday it seems
@People who noticed I was gone- Wow O.O I didn't know people noticed me
Hi SS! Nice to see you're back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Chapter 27
Vatican Knights

Spoiler for Souls traped in Fire:

Spoiler for Inmolated Curse:
Why? Why did they have to be attacked right when Helga was confessing!?! Vivio's awesome with the axe.
Quote:
Hark is this a crack filled ooc crazy crossover short I've written...

Why yes it is
Spoiler for OBJECTION!Nanoha:

Can you guess what I did when I was computerless? (If you guessed played DS games 'til my eyes glazed over you're right)

With apologies to Evil Rick for stealing that awesome line. (I have no idea why I like it so much)
I like the almost quadruple OBJECTION!
Quote:
Whew.

Yeah all that debate. Personally I think what Satashi decided was fine. Yuuno's a nice guy. Even though I don't really support YunnoxNanoha, I think it works out fine.
Quote:
*brain overloads with the cuteness and explodes*

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 18:24   Link #3815
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hey Satashi!

I think I found the ideal image for your Disney Fic

Spoiler for Disney:
Old 2008-04-27, 18:49   Link #3816
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Hey Satashi!

Spoiler for Disney:
*puts brain back together from previous splatage*. Hmm... what's this picture... *click*... Aww how cu--*Brain explodes from cuteness... again*
Old 2008-04-27, 19:04   Link #3817
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Vivio clocked more Brain Exprozions than Satashi or me in 1 night? USODAA! 0_0

But yup, moe-blob is moe, just needs to be used better. :/
Old 2008-04-27, 19:38   Link #3818
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Update:
SbtB Epilogue is coming along nicely. It isn't much, and won't be very long, but it's full of future waff and warm fuzzies. Angel is working hard as well on the images. I think she's going to break down from all the hours she's put in T_T ganbatte ne, Angel!

I wrote her a little something ^^
Spoiler for off topic for Mai-HiME:
Old 2008-04-27, 19:51   Link #3819
Thesinwithin
Undersea Lolcano

Send a message via AIM to Thesinwithin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Update:
SbtB Epilogue is coming along nicely. It isn't much, and won't be very long, but it's full of future waff and warm fuzzies. Angel is working hard as well on the images. I think she's going to break down from all the hours she's put in T_T ganbatte ne, Angel!

I wrote her a little something ^^
Spoiler for off topic for Mai-HiME:

Ooo that was pretty. I stay away from the HiME fanfic threads because I don't like the people there. At all. Well, one in particular, but still.

I'm looking forward to the end of SbtB quite a lot! Keep up the good work!
Thesinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:39   Link #3820
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Hey Satashi!

Spoiler for Disney:
zomg WIN! XD talk about inspiration.

This didn't make it in SbtB but I laughed when I wrote it for fun"

“Ne, Mom? How did you decide my name?” Fate looked over at the older woman.

Precia grinned. “I was a hippie.”

Last edited by Satashi; 2008-04-27 at 22:09.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha