AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-11, 06:07   Link #1
killer3000ad

Clash of the Titans (March 2010)

Yet another remake of a classic. Maybe it's just the rock music they used in the trailer which while i admit beats the usual generic orchestra music in other trailer, it just sounds.... out of place.
On another note, Sam Worthington is really keeping busy, this and Avatar.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2009-11-12 at 09:57.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:40   Link #2
Lonewolf

Good lord whats next? Hollywood needs a wake up call. I wonder if any of these directors who made these originals 20-30 years ago would of made these great originals if they knew that because no one can come up with anything better it gets turned into recycled garbage 20 years later. Seems to much of a trend these days well even the last several years.

I only say this for respect of the original which I saw when I was very young and still love to this day. One of the first films I actually watched.
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:44   Link #3
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm calling it on this one: another cheap rip-off of 300 and Brutal Legend all in one.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 14:26   Link #4
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Saw the teaser this morning.

Great another classic thats going to be bastardized by Hollywood. It will have pretty CG but they will change the story and it will be crap. If it aint broke dont fix it. sigh trying be original and stop remaking everything under the sun. The original was and still one of my favorite movies of all time hell they are going to remake the movie "Blackhole" as well thats going to piss me off too.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:04   Link #5
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I'm not even going to bother with it. The trailer alone had me cringing.
Old 2009-11-11, 16:22   Link #6
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

And I'd have thought they were satisfied with brutally mutilating Prince of Persia. Now this. Sir Patrick Stewart, what were you thinking?
Old 2009-11-11, 18:19   Link #7
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
And I'd have thought they were satisfied with brutally mutilating Prince of Persia. Now this. Sir Patrick Stewart, what were you thinking?
He's thinking about the quickest way to make money, and lots of it.
Old 2009-11-12, 10:34   Link #8
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So i IMDB'd Sam Worthington the guy who is playing Perseus in CoT. If you look at "In Development" #1 has him playing a role that im sure we all have heard of. In yet another remake done at least 3 times already. does "Captain Nemo" ring a bell to anyone.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0941777/
Old 2009-11-12, 10:55   Link #9
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Good lord whats next? Hollywood needs a wake up call. I wonder if any of these directors who made these originals 20-30 years ago would of made these great originals if they knew that because no one can come up with anything better it gets turned into recycled garbage 20 years later. Seems to much of a trend these days well even the last several years.
This.

I got the same feeling when I found out that ABC re-did "V"...

What happened to that "epic" feel? I get none of that watching that trailer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I'm calling it on this one: another cheap rip-off of 300 and Brutal Legend all in one.
I'd add "God of War" to that as well...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:26   Link #10
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

So now everything Greek is a 300 ripoff? The choice of music for the trailer is definitely off but other than that I'm honestly not getting any 300 or Brutal Legend (where did this come from?) vibes.

And of course Clash of the Titans would give a God of War feel. The developers of GOW admitted Clash of the Titans was one of their biggest influences. A connection like that is inevitable.

This has always been one of the movies I actually want to see remade with updated effects. I'll wait for more story details and such before making final judgment.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:25   Link #11
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
And of course Clash of the Titans would give a God of War feel. The developers of GOW admitted Clash of the Titans was one of their biggest influences. A connection like that is inevitable.
If I recall rightly, the character of Perseus in GoW2 was actually voiced by the actor from Clash... Been a long while since anyone in the hous eplayed that game though...

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 00:36   Link #12
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Got to love the hate in this thread. Hello people! wake up, today's 14 year olds weren't here 30 years ago! they ain't gonna watch your version from 30 years ago either.
Old 2009-11-13, 07:08   Link #13
Lonewolf

Quote:
Got to love the hate in this thread. Hello people! wake up, today's 14 year olds weren't here 30 years ago! they ain't gonna watch your version from 30 years ago either.
I could go into blah todays youth blah blah but its not worth it, im not that old yet. its really not hate just disappointment really.

I hate kids I only say this cuz I was a little heathen when I was young. Terrorized a lot of people.
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 08:26   Link #14
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
My 12 & 9 yr old've watched the original

Just throwing that out there

They may not be able to watch the remake, depending on how violent it is, either...

I realize a lot of kids have become desensitized to violence, but mine still change the channel or comment if something is too violent (in their opinion), so they've missed out on a chunk of movies put out recently, feeling they're too violent.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:34   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My family makes it a habit to go watch "the originals" when a remake occurs (whatever the medium) .... its made my kids much more discerning about what they'll accept in entertainment. Sometimes the remake is better... sometimes not.

But really.... I wasn't even that fond of the original other than I've always enjoyed Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion sfx work. This trailer just left me dulled and uncaring. I might be more interested in a remake of "Jason and the Argonauts". That film a had a lot of "wonder" in it.

OTOH, the biggest problem I find with old movies (pre-1970s) is that the pacing is very leisurely or even stodgy compared with the rocket-pace, short-attention-span editing of today's films. Sometimes I'll pull up an old favorite movie only to find I can barely make it through it (e.g. Spartacus).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-11-13 at 10:49.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 11:49   Link #16
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Clash Of The Titans (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CJenNMsb4

New trailer for Clash Of The Titans remake from the classic 1981 Film.

I don't really Know what to suspect the main roll is the Sam Worthington who played in T4 and Avatar. But then again like most remakes it could be really bad.

Anyone really Excited for this? Or just dissapointed for another remake of a great film?
Old 2009-12-24, 12:05   Link #17
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Are you sure it's for 2011? Cuz this thread says otherwise:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88324
Old 2009-12-24, 13:36   Link #18
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Im pretty sure its 2011 February, as I saw a source for it but I might be wrong.
Old 2009-12-24, 14:34   Link #19
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Given the amount of footage in the trailer and the "Coming soon" message attached, I call bullshit on it being for 2011.
Old 2009-12-25, 01:19   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahh I never knew about this till just now
Well I'll go ahead and say I think it looks pretty damn good but that cause I love the setting and lore.
While I see alot displeasure towards this and the likes of Prince of Persia and Robin Hood, I couldn't care really, they are right up my alley and I got nothing to bitch about atm.
Altho saying, I am abit iffy about Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince but not enough to really put me going to see it.

Like what Vexx says tho this was a film I never really gave much thought about, I watched it, I enjoyed and that was that.
However I too would love to see a Jason and the Argonauts remake, this was one of the older films I actually really like, along with Some like it Hot, altho I wouldn't like to see a remake of Some Like it Hot cause its a film you really couldn't remake.

p.s IMDB has release date pegged in for March 2010