AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 06:51   Link #13561
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Yep, does sound like it from a translation summary I just read, although the summary did mention that they are shown together and look very similar, rather than the mum/daughter being the same person.

Looking forward to actually reading it myself though
Sounds like the older sister is called Akua (Aqua) though continuing the drink/liquid naming scheme.

I mean personally, rather than them being the same person, another plausible possibility is that Moka's mother was killed/banished when she was young because she would change Moka's perspective.

Moka was recognised as being potentially the strongest of the children, and it could be that Moka's mum was more tolerant, or inclined towards peace/harmony between Humanity/Monsters. It may be a case of Daddy Starbucks and the older children were already signed up on the side of Fairy Tail, and because this attitude didn't gel well with thiers, or developing Moka into the character they wanted, and acted as an impediment, she was removed. The memories were sealed up within Moka so she would develop as expected and wouldn't become hostile/break away from the family.
She was then sent to a human school where she was hated which could have been intended, to help mould her into someone willing to join up with them, afterall before she met Tsukune she hated humanity, it was only when he became her friend her opinion changed and she realised humans weren't as bad as she had thought.

Now this viewpoint would mean Tsukune is not going to be popular, because he's ruined quite a few years of planning!

Haha, seriously theres just as much evidence for this take on events as the O.M = mum thing, and Im not convinced either of them will happen!
Well, in my opinion you're theory tyranuus about Moka's mother sounds better to me then ... the Outer Moka = mom thing ...

Well regardless of which theory about Moka's mom is correct I don't think the rest of Moka's family will happy about Tsukune's involvement in her life. I mean I'm certain that they know that Moka has made friends in Youkai Academy, since Khaula has faced them during the Mizore arc, but I don't believe they know yet that one of those "friends" was human, and now has Moka's vampire blood inside him.

So I think that, regardless of what actually happened with Moka's mother, which I'm sure is going to revealed soon, now that we know that the Shuzen family is going to stand on Fairy Tale's side ... I'm quite certain that sooner or later Tsukune is going to be targeted by them, since I'm sure the vampires would know how dangerous Tsukune could become, with Moka's blood inside him and the potential to become as strong as her.

Well ... I'm quite certain that at this point Moka is going to be quite firm on protecting Tsukune even from her own family. The battle with Khuala showed that Moka is quite ready to stand up against her family.

If you're theory proves to be true tyranuus then maybe Moka will fallow her mother's footsteps and become a pariah in her family as well. Since, I'm sure that her family isin't going to accept it, if Moka decides to stay besides Tsukune against Fairy Tale.

At the very least I think that we should expect that a big family conflict is going to emerge soon and from the looks of it Tsukune will become quite involved in it too.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-04-08 at 07:24.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 08:35   Link #13562
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Yep, does sound like it from a translation summary I just read, although the summary did mention that they are shown together and look very similar, rather than the mum/daughter being the same person.

Looking forward to actually reading it myself though
Sounds like the older sister is called Akua (Aqua) though continuing the drink/liquid naming scheme.

I mean personally, rather than them being the same person, another plausible possibility is that Moka's mother was killed/banished when she was young because she would change Moka's perspective.

Moka was recognised as being potentially the strongest of the children, and it could be that Moka's mum was more tolerant, or inclined towards peace/harmony between Humanity/Monsters. It may be a case of Daddy Starbucks and the older children were already signed up on the side of Fairy Tail, and because this attitude didn't gel well with thiers, or developing Moka into the character they wanted, and acted as an impediment, she was removed. The memories were sealed up within Moka so she would develop as expected and wouldn't become hostile/break away from the family.
She was then sent to a human school where she was hated which could have been intended, to help mould her into someone willing to join up with them, afterall before she met Tsukune she hated humanity, it was only when he became her friend her opinion changed and she realised humans weren't as bad as she had thought.

Now this viewpoint would mean Tsukune is not going to be popular, because he's ruined quite a few years of planning!

Haha, seriously theres just as much evidence for this take on events as the O.M = mum thing, and Im not convinced either of them will happen!
Your theory is plausible as well i'll give you that but tbh i don't see any evidence or even clues that your speculation is based on other than a scenario you created yourself out of the blue.
Of course the "outer=inner's mother" theory is just plain speculation as well but there are two hints that somehow support it - rosario appearance = mother disappears and the two looking very similar.
Again, this is just speculation but as long as there is no better plot-based offer for a thesis this is what I'll be keeping in the back of my mind.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:47   Link #13563
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Your theory is plausible as well i'll give you that but tbh i don't see any evidence or even clues that your speculation is based on other than a scenario you created yourself out of the blue.
Of course the "outer=inner's mother" theory is just plain speculation as well but there are two hints that somehow support it - rosario appearance = mother disappears and the two looking very similar.
Again, this is just speculation but as long as there is no better plot-based offer for a thesis this is what I'll be keeping in the back of my mind.
Oh, it is a scenario created out the blue, I've already said that, and Im not trying to pass it off as credible theory.
Quote:
(You don't think I'd have a little more conviction in my theory if I believed it was correct?)

The point I was making [or was trying to make] was that there is very little to support the outer = inners mother theory as well, the points made, that the rosario appeared when the mother dissapeared and the two looked similar could easily support this new theory as well (as nearly all daughters look like thier mothers in R+V it seems), we know the rosary also seals memories now, so the rosary sealing off the reason for the mothers dissapearance is a possible and logical thing, and we know Moka was also sent to the human world, where she had a decidedly bad time, and we know most of her family only respect strength and have sided with Fairy Tail, who dont exactly like humans.

We also know she has a rosary which acts as a seal, whereas the rest of the family, going by Kahlua appear to use limiters only, thus it would seem perhaps they were trying to hide more away from Moka, or make her easier to control.
Again, all suppositional theory.

That was the point though, to show just how little is backing the mother=outer moka theory, by providing a quickly thought-up theory of my own which uses the very same evidence, and perhaps has a few bits of possible, supporting evidence here and there. There is also evidence against the O.Moka = Mum theory, because as already commented both Kahlua and Kokoa recognised O.Moka as Moka rather than not knowing who she was.

I'm sure the author has something stronger/more thought out written up, or I hope he does, as that theory was put together 'on-the-fly'!
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-08 at 10:05.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:06   Link #13564
yongshun

cant wait to find out what happened in the past that caused Moka's mom to disappear. nice nod to a Chinese Folk Hero.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:07   Link #13565
shaselai

i dont think O Moka = mom just because the conversations we've seen between outer and inner unless the mom is putting out a great show. Maybe inner moka accidentally/framed in killing her mother and her new sister gave her the rosary to "bring her mother back".

the chinese hero shouldve been an enuch though or act womanly since in the story to learn a super martial art he had to cut off his manhood...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:16   Link #13566
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Oh, it is a scenario created out the blue, I've already said that, but the point I was making [or was trying to make] was that there is very little to support the outer = inners mother theory as well, the points made, that the rosario appeared when the mother dissapeared and the two looked similar could easily support this new theory as well (as nearly all daughters look like thier mothers in R+V it seems), we know the rosary also seals memories now, so the rosary sealing off the reason for the mothers dissapearance is a possible and logical thing, and we know Moka was also sent to the human world, where she had a decidedly bad time, and we know most of her family only respect strength and have sided with Fairy Tail.

We also know she has a rosary which acts as a seal, whereas the rest of the family, going by Kahlua appear to use limiters only, thus it would seem perhaps they were trying to hide more away from Moka, or make her easier to control.
Again, all suppositional theory.

That was the point though, to show just how little is backing the mother=outer moka theory, by providing a quickly thought-up theory of my own which uses the very same evidence, and perhaps has a few bits of supporting evidence here and there. There is also evidence against the O.Moka = Mum theory, because as already commented both Kahlua and Kokoa recognised O.Moka as Moka rather than not knowing who she was.

I'm sure the author has something stronger/more thought out written up, or I hope he does, as that theory was put together 'on-the-fly'!
I would say that your theory is much more plausible than Omote = mom. All the girls in R+V are carbon copies of their moms, anyway. It shouldn't be surprising that Moka would look like her. Besides, the whole Omote = mom thing sounds like a plot out of an ero-manga for some reason

I'm willing to bet that your theory is probably close to what actually happened. It makes a lot of sense. Akasha-san might have been more tolerant/accepting of humans. That tolerance probably was the cause of her disappearance because of the family's pro-Fairy Tale stance. It could also explain why Akasha-san looks like Omote. Akasha-san herself might be sealed as well to look more human. We don't know if that's the case but it's definitely possible.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:23   Link #13567
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm more interested in the last sister than the mom (how dare they not share beverage names! ) because to me, it seems like she changed the family for the worse...I speculate that she's with fairy tale and subjugated the family, changing their name from Akashiya to Shuzen except Moka, who didn't join them but used her seal to disappear. So, daddy Starbucks is the only one whose position I can't even guess (did he bail, is he a rebel or is he leading fairy tale from behind the scenes!?).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:45   Link #13568
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
i dont think O Moka = mom just because the conversations we've seen between outer and inner unless the mom is putting out a great show. Maybe inner moka accidentally/framed in killing her mother and her new sister gave her the rosary to "bring her mother back".

the chinese hero shouldve been an enuch though or act womanly since in the story to learn a super martial art he had to cut off his manhood...
I'm thinking it's the other way around. My guess it's the older sister that had something to do with her mother's disappearance. Look at the dog Earl Grey's response in meeting Akuha, just like in the Terminator movies. Er, well they didn't cower away though...

Plus take into account what Kahlua told Kokoa about Akuha. Both about being a member of Fairy Tale, and not letting Moka and her meet. I believe the sister is going to be one bloodthirsty excuse the pun, killer...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:45   Link #13569
X207
Gamyūsa

the chapters keep getting better, though i want ch30 translated within the next 10 seconds :lol:. i like how deep the plot is getting namely the whole family supporting fairy tale. Akuha looks rather evil for some reason. i think she's involved with Moka's memory loss, imo she could be more hardline to fairy tale if she's already in on it. the other 3 seem more partial to peace like the mother. i waiting to see why her mom disappeared before commenting further on it. i wasnt surprised with her mom's first name, its the family name thats surprising. im sure she'll earn a reputation to match the name when she has a serious fight.

i have an idea why Mizore might've been pulled in also but its just a possiblity. Touhou probably had a hand in forming the magical barriers including the academy and the snow villiage.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:50   Link #13570
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Scanlations are out! Go and grab them!
Old 2010-04-08, 11:16   Link #13571
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

My head is spinning...@.@ A Lum Lum Inner Moka, then a chibi Inner Moka...I can't contain it all~!!

Although I'm curious as to why it was Mizore and not Kurumu who was snatched. For me, it would seem better to have Kurumu - who is more of a rival to Moka than any of the other girls - be the one to see Moka's memories...or does Mizore need the knowledge to help fight Fairy Tale back at her village.

Akasha Bloodriver...now THAT'S a vampire name! Edward, eat your heart out...literally, please... But seriously...Earl Grey as the dog's name.... -.-

And this 'Akuha' - she's either half Chinese or lived in China for a long time. And for some reason, she reminds me of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender...
wait...Akuha...Azula... -.-.... and I think most of us know just how dangerous AZULA was... Yeah, I can already see it, Moka vs Azula, I mean, Akuha.
Old 2010-04-08, 11:58   Link #13572
zibi88

well there are many possibilities on what happened...... becouse there was a reason why Mokas mother destroyed all photos, diaries and disappeared.... like she didnt wanted to be found and the best way to do it was to destroy her existance (and knowlage of her look)

1) mokas mother sealed herself in the rosary so it uses her soul to keep the rosary alive... and it manifests in the outer mokas look (who is a splitting image of mom)

2) the new sister was responsible for killing, captureing/kidnapping her and brought her to FT as a slave/prisoner.... duo the "she did not agreed to let moka [her own child] be a part of FT organization and kill all humans just like that" ..... and since it was a huge trauma on Moka the seal worked as sealing those memories...

3) the mother was captured (as she is a pure vampire) thx to the new child... by the FT... and now she is used as a tool/slave to give birth to other monsters (most cruel vision).... simply she is kept alive only to give birth to other monsters over and over again..... and one of them is currently in the snow land in the egg form attached to the snow tree........ so kinda they used the seal on moka to ease her the trauma that her mother was caputred and is used as a breading station......

4) the new child.... killed Mokas mother... becouse mokas mother was the "fathers" favourite wife.... she killed mokas mother out from jelousy... so her own mother would become the favourite one and become the next head of the family...

I hope next chapter will explain how mokas mother disappared... was it just like that out from no where she was gone no one saw her.... or she used a car to run into human world (since we dont know how moka aquired that seal)... or was captured by FT... becouse she didnt wanted her daughter to be a part of it... so she sacrificed herself in her place.... the same sealed her memories about it to keep her safe and to make sure she will get a normal life...

but well the new child is mostly responsible for what happened to mokas mother... as the 2nd eldes warned Kokoa that she should make sure that moka wont meet up with the eldest... becouse she will remember what happened at that day as mokas mother disappeared/was killed/ sealed herself into the rosary after burninig all evidence of her own look ect.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 11:59   Link #13573
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
My head is spinning...@.@ A Lum Lum Inner Moka, then a chibi Inner Moka...I can't contain it all~!!

Although I'm curious as to why it was Mizore and not Kurumu who was snatched. For me, it would seem better to have Kurumu - who is more of a rival to Moka than any of the other girls - be the one to see Moka's memories...or does Mizore need the knowledge to help fight Fairy Tale back at her village.

Akasha Bloodriver...now THAT'S a vampire name! Edward, eat your heart out...literally, please... But seriously...Earl Grey as the dog's name.... -.-

And this 'Akuha' - she's either half Chinese or lived in China for a long time. And for some reason, she reminds me of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender...
wait...Akuha...Azula... -.-.... and I think most of us know just how dangerous AZULA was... Yeah, I can already see it, Moka vs Azula, I mean, Akuha.
Well Tempest you're not the only one who's head is spinning after reading the latest chapter. I think that we still don't have enough information about why Moka's mother looks the same as Outer Moka. To me it seems more likely the reason for the similarity in looks is caused by both Moka and her mother using the same Rosario, which is the reason why Moka is so concerned about the seal's condition and is even willing to restrict her own freedom to repair it.

Well regarding the oldest sister Akuha I think that what might have happened between her and Moka is some matter of conflict, but I don't know why Moka's family was scared about it so much as to even seal Moka's own memories about the event.

Either this fight have had some devastating consequences that where quickly covered up .... well I don't know, but it certainly was something that made the rest of Moka's family quite adamant about not letting Moka meet with Akuha again, so I hope the mangaka will not keep us in suspense for long and reveal what actually happened between Moka and Akuha already.

Apart from that, it seems we finally know more about Moka's seal, which probably means that Tsukune's Holy Lock works in a similar fashion, though it might be less complicated then Moka's seal from the looks of it.

Another interesting thing is that we finally learned what actually Fairy Tale wanted to achieve in the Yukki Onna village ... any theories about "the egg" that was mentioned in this chapter ... since whatever it is, it seems that it's directly linked with what Fairy Tale want's to achieve. I think that it's going to produce some very strong monster spicies, and in the process reduce the barrier's power that surrounds the various places youkai are hiding in, revealing their existence to the human world. Assuming it succeeds it would probably lead to a war breaking out between humans and youkai and allow Fairy Tale to achieve their objectives.

At least that's the impression I got on this topic so far.

Man, I wish chapter 30 would come out already.
Old 2010-04-08, 12:08   Link #13574
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Omg awesome chapter, so many new stuff but at the same time leaving you want MORE!!!

Something terrible happened between Moka and Akuha, Kokoa and Karua still knows of it since only Moka's memories are sealed. OmG.... My brain is about to explode trying to figure out whats going to happen next

It seems that fairy tale plans to destroy all the barriers around every Youkai village to explose youkais to the human world to start the war they want!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 12:35   Link #13575
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Oh man, this was an awesome chapter!

The info about the seal was very interesting. Even though it wasn't supposed to seal power, it does somewhat explain where Omote could have come from. Touhou Fuhai said that the seal is connected with someone's soul and limits their personality along with their power (LOVED his Super Pervert analogy ). The limits on personality is probably where Omote came from. So basically, Omote is a part of Ura-chan's personality. That's one theory that's been sort of confirmed.

The other thing about the Rosary is that it's just not a power seal. What else it seals we won't know until the next few chapters. So far, it seems that the Rosary's able to seal memories as well.

And Akuha! She looks like she'll become one of the biggest antagonists in R+V. The caption on the last page was very cryptic, "The girl who set Fate into motion." Damn, makes you wonder what happened between her, Moka, Akasha-san, and the rest of the family! Not to mention, she looked evil from the beginning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It seems that fairy tale plans to destroy all the barriers around every Youkai village to explose youkais to the human world to start the war they want!
It does look like that, doesn't it?
Old 2010-04-08, 12:45   Link #13576
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Oh man, this was an awesome chapter!

The info about the seal was very interesting. Even though it wasn't supposed to seal power, it does somewhat explain where Omote could have come from. Touhou Fuhai said that the seal is connected with someone's soul and limits their personality along with their power (LOVED his Super Pervert analogy ). The limits on personality is probably where Omote came from. So basically, Omote is a part of Ura-chan's personality. That's one theory that's been sort of confirmed.

The other thing about the Rosary is that it's just not a power seal. What else it seals we won't know until the next few chapters. So far, it seems that the Rosary's able to seal memories as well.

And Akuha! She looks like she'll become one of the biggest antagonists in R+V. The caption on the last page was very cryptic, "The girl who set Fate into motion." Damn, makes you wonder what happened between her, Moka, Akasha-san, and the rest of the family! Not to mention, she looked evil from the beginning!
Well, it seems like that doesn't it ... though no matter how hard the rest of Moka's family will try I fell it's going to be inevitable that Moka and Akuha are going to meet again. At least Moka is probably going to have an ally on her side when that time comes.,but still it all actually depends on what exactly happened in the past between them.

Though I'm eager to know how Akuha is going to look like in the present, since she had such villainous aura since she was young, currently she probably looks even more ... like a really evil vampire girl.
Old 2010-04-08, 12:48   Link #13577
Xagzan

Are any of these sisters fully related? Now we have a sister who speaks Chinese and has never met the others before. It's kinda weird.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 12:51   Link #13578
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It seems I missed out on most of the discussion.

Anyway, good chapter. I was hoping for more Moka-chan & Tsukune time- like in KOR & Haruhi.

LOL @ the dog's name. They are all drinks. hahaha.

Next chapter should be good. Ikeda has to tread carefully here, should be interesting to see what he comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Are any of these sisters fully related? Now we have a sister who speaks Chinese and has never met the others before. It's kinda weird.
Aren't they all half sisters??
Old 2010-04-08, 12:56   Link #13579
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Well ... probably they are all stepsister's to each other (I mean every one of them had a different mother), which means that their father must be a real pimp, since he probably had kids with four different women.

But, seriously speaking it hasn't been explained properly what kind of relationship Moka and her siblings have with each other, but judging from how they act around each other and how different from each other they look like, I think that all of Moka's siblings are stepsister's to her.
Old 2010-04-08, 12:57   Link #13580
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
(how dare they not share beverage names! )
The older sister seems to be called Aqua...aka WATER. [Unless this has now been outdated by CH30's translation?]
Sorry stuck at work so decidedly short post

Can't wait to read the chapter now that its out though! Woo!

Will be back later as I dont want to read anything after the post I've quoted so I dont read too much information! Back in about 4 hours once I've had chance to read the thing!
Yes I work sucky hours :P
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire