AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-14, 23:44   Link #121
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Fantastic first episode, another keeper for the season .

This will surely be worth following. Notamina block animes rarely let me down indeed.

The tension in the second episode was almost palpable.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:49   Link #122
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Very, very Philip K. Dick universe they've set up here. Kenji Nakamura seems like the perfect choice to direct, but it remains to be seen if the series will be as emotionally involving as it is eye-catching. At first glance, it looks like the story of an innocent lured to his doom by temptation, but I'm sure it's going to be a slanted take on that.

Looking forward to seeing Haruka Tomatsu's introduction as "Mashu" next week - interesting to see her reunited with Takahiro Sakurai.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:12   Link #123
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can we consider this NTR?

Hanabi is obviously concerned about our protagonist here, but he's always in a miserable mode that people are staying away from him. Still does she have to resort to the stereotypical young, rich playboy character because her first option had no ambition? Well I guess that part is realistic at least.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:15   Link #124
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Can we consider this NTR?
Depends?
As of now, no way. NTR means to take the girl from a guy, which hasn't happened yet (probably).
Now if the protagonist steals her away from that rich guy (her current boyfriend), then yes... Maybe.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:17   Link #125
Mizuno
Undefined

Uh, netorare happens when the protagonist's love interest is taking away, which is what's happening now. Mine was somewhat a rhetorical question.
Old 2011-04-15, 00:22   Link #126
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Uh, netorare happens when the protagonist's love interest is taking away, which is what's happening now. Mine was somewhat a rhetorical question.
What, is "Love interest" enough to consider something NTR?
Last time I checked, it needs to be lover.
Though I guess to some Otaku, there is no difference.

Still, dang, I wonder how many NTR occur in real life with that description.
If every girl was my love interest, then...! Every other guy in the world would be NTR-ing!
(;゚Д゚)(゚Д゚;(゚Д゚; )ナ、ナンダッテー!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:41   Link #127
Westlo
Lets be reality

Interesting too see what they do with the Hanabi side of things, she was obviously used a way to get Yoga to submit to the temptations of the Financial District, he didn't like it when the other guys were hitting on her and of course the boyfriend thing hit him pretty hard. He seems to agree that money was the issue but I would say his attitude and lack of availability (no mobile) was also big factors.. Anyway interested to see if this is actual an ongoing thing or was just used as a catalyst.

Quote:
Lol.. you have to have something to lose it, and if anyone is going to "lose" Hanabi it will be her current boyfriend.

They're also 19 year old characters, it's also NoitaminA, think of the fanbase. It's not full of otaku losers still crying over the horrid NTR of Kannagi. Holy shit Kate had two lovers aside from Prince William, good thing this wasn't an anime or the otaku would be up in arms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah but she doesn't tell the other guys she has a boyfriend (They'd stop trying to hit on her if she did.)
No they wouldn't, maybe the moment she mentions it yet, but the next day they'll be back to flirting and hitting on her....

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-04-15 at 00:53.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:17   Link #128
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Pretty good first episode. Was a little confused at the start as it almost seemed Yu-gi-Oh like, but then got progressively better. I guess it's one of those "making a deal with the devil" type series. Also had an interesting art-style - mix between standard animation and almost Shaft-like avant-garde animation. Nonetheless, this is noitaminA so I have reasonably high expecations and thus a keeper.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:28   Link #129
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What, is "Love interest" enough to consider something NTR?
Last time I checked, it needs to be lover.
Though I guess to some Otaku, there is no difference.

Still, dang, I wonder how many NTR occur in real life with that description.
If every girl was my love interest, then...! Every other guy in the world would be NTR-ing!
(;゚Д゚)(゚Д゚;(゚Д゚; )ナ、ナンダッテー!!
If you insist your definition is correct, that's fine. Except there's enough hints to suggest in this case, the feelings are reciprocal. I'm saying it's something that bothers Kimimaro, not me nor you so you don't have to be defensive about it.

Could spare me the sarcasm though, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Lol.. you have to have something to lose it, and if anyone is going to "lose" Hanabi it will be her current boyfriend.

They're also 19 year old characters, it's also NoitaminA, think of the fanbase. It's not full of otaku losers still crying over the horrid NTR of Kannagi. Holy shit Kate had two lovers aside from Prince William, good thing this wasn't an anime or the otaku would be up in arms!
I agree about the fanbase might be aimed at older audiences, but that doesn't necessarily prevent it from being netorare. All it needs is to induce jealousy for the protagonist and that criteria is already satisfied. Nowhere did I say you have to invoke the viewers' jealousy for it to be netorare, unless you're putting yourself in the perspective of Kimimaro unknowingly?

Anyway I don't see why some people need to quickly jump on this anti-otaku wagon thing whenever netorare is mentioned, does that make them feel superior? Who knows. But I think it's appreciated if people can discuss something without using ridicule. This forum is also full of "otaku", so I can't say how many people were disappointed in what they just had to read through. I don't think any of us are qualified to judge people anyway, these "loser otaku" you are labeling.
Old 2011-04-15, 01:50   Link #130
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Now that I have rewatched the episode, I can safely say this is the most incredible show I had seen when compared to any show from 2010

And I don't mean it from just a positive perspective

Spoiler for YGO!C episode 1:
best first episode in a season filled with great first episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Was it even really about money?...
Oh yes it is, more than it even lets on
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wait,did someone just fansub the episode,release it in a low quality format and pretend that it's a rip from funimation when a few details show that it's clearly not?

Nice trolling.
Quote:
And right I guess I expressed myself badly,even the fact there's a bit of action is a surprise to me.
I laghed a bit when I first saw the question about how this was going to have action like Yu-Gi-Oh!, but now I realize that was probably the most accurate question lol
Quote:
The pacing felt all over the place to me but at the same time it could just be done on purpose to kind of make you feel overwhelmed like our MC is feeling.
Yeah, I think that explains the erratic pace of the story. Or maybe This is meant to be a ''stock exchange'' feeling lol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Spoiler for 1:
Haha that was great scene, maybe he'll end up wining her heart with some cash later on lol

Nice catch about about the look he gave the guy. I suppose we might end up with Kimimaro doing some underhanded deeds to win the girls hand after all?

Quote:
Spoiler for ep1:
There isn't really a shortage of those shows this season though
Quote:
Spoiler for ep1:
hahahahah
Old 2011-04-15, 02:28   Link #131
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

as its said on the first episode conflicting interest

i mean they will give you money but in return youll surrender your future, but people wants money for them to control and secure their future lol not surrender it XD
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 02:41   Link #132
Used Can

Hahaha.... Oh wow.
I swear, I take it back. Any complaint I had from the trailers, I take them all back.
The first episode very easily hooked me up into this anime. Hopefully, the story will remain interesting.
Old 2011-04-15, 02:43   Link #133
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ye the backgrounds and CGI dark atmosphere as well as the effects make up for the low quality character drawings when they move

so its fine for me too
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 02:43   Link #134
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Very, very Philip K. Dick universe they've set up here.
I was wondering if i should watch this show because my weeks are already quite busy, though with this statement i must.
Old 2011-04-15, 06:32   Link #135
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

@Arabesque: hmm. My opinion is entirely opposite. I thought they are trying hard to make sort of serious+DEEP philosophies on money with that Kyuube the human form, Ichika with no harem+ other situations. But ultimately, the way to earn money was actually 'beating up monsters' at least according to this first episode. I can't buy that.
Old 2011-04-15, 06:46   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 07:29   Link #137
RedWing

The devil goes in with the hard sell. Interesting so far, a few clichés here and there but not too bad. Only problem so far is the pokemon battles which seems to be very.... pokemon.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 09:37   Link #138
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I agree about the fanbase might be aimed at older audiences, but that doesn't necessarily prevent it from being netorare. All it needs is to induce jealousy for the protagonist and that criteria is already satisfied. Nowhere did I say you have to invoke the viewers' jealousy for it to be netorare, unless you're putting yourself in the perspective of Kimimaro unknowingly?

Anyway I don't see why some people need to quickly jump on this anti-otaku wagon thing whenever netorare is mentioned, does that make them feel superior? Who knows. But I think it's appreciated if people can discuss something without using ridicule. This forum is also full of "otaku", so I can't say how many people were disappointed in what they just had to read through. I don't think any of us are qualified to judge people anyway, these "loser otaku" you are labeling.
Jealousy of what? They weren't dating. If anything, she was prob trying to scope him out financially and then decided to stick with the rich one she had. (She was complaining about lack of cellphone for contact, etc.) The girl is playing the field, prob looking for sugar daddies. (She's not dressed particularly wealthy so "daddy's money" isn't prob going to hold up for long. I'm betting on subsistence dating for her current situation.) Wouldn't surprise me if she also had or eventually gets a card.

Masakaki is probably this title's version of Kyubey so I think he's telling the truth about Hanabi.

Last edited by orion; 2011-04-15 at 09:49.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 09:46   Link #139
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:

Spoiler for reply:

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-15, 10:30   Link #140
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The whole Yu-gi-oh style battle had me a little worried but I do like how the story is built around economics and buisness and the whole deal with the devil thing. I wonder where it's going.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina