Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 11:23   Link #21
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaflaps View Post
well thats the beauty of describing something without even showing it..LOL if Kishi was to show parts of the fight it might take one whole chap..cant afford that now haha plus if im not mistaken there is a pic right? the fight between madara and the 1st
Kishi could show part of 1st hokage vs Madara later on but it seems Kishi made Madara call Tsunade weak so she could go on about the will of fire.

I should probably buy a funeral suit for Madara's 2nd funeral since villains in Naruto tend to die when the good guy makes a speech about their determination.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:45   Link #22
Midnight Commander

As much as I like Itachi, I feel he's being a real jerk right now. After putting him through all the lies, misery, and confusion, he could have at least had a candid discussion about this whole debacle answering a few questions, even if he did it while running to Kabuto. Or he could have even quickly explained what was going on and asked Sasuke to follow. Unless Sasuke follows him to Kabuto for the fight, this rendezvous of theirs is pointless imho; I expected much more than that.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:56   Link #23
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I actually really enjoyed the Uchiha reunion. I mean, did any of you really expect Itachi to take Sasuke in his arms, sob, and say, "Sorry I fucked up yer life lil' brother?" No. Itachi is an emotionally constipated ninja to begin with, and to top it all off, he's a zombie-- a BAMF zombie on a mission. He's got no time for fools like Sasu-face.

Since Sasuke is obviously going down the wrong path, he's not going to get any sympathy from his older brother--that has traditionally been Itachi's way of herding Sasuke in the first place. And what could hurt Sasuke more at this point, from his elder brother, than him treating Sasuke like a pest? I thought Kishi really got the sibling dynamic down in this chapter.

What will be interesting is to see if Sasuke gets in the way of Kabuto vrs Itachi, or if he helps Itachi kick some ass. Mmmmmm.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:06   Link #24
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
. I mean, did any of you really expect Itachi to take Sasuke in his arms, sob, and say, "Sorry I fucked up yer life lil' brother?"
I just felt he could have had a brief, but candid discussion with him for once; all things considered.

Quote:
No. Itachi is an emotionally constipated ninja to begin with, and to top it all off, he's a zombie-- a BAMF zombie on a mission. He's got no time for fools like Sasu-face.
Even if he chatted with him on the way to Kabuto, it would be time well invested if he can persuade him (this is from an in-story perspective, since we know Naruto will be the one); considering he can potentially change the tide of the war. Itachi is one of the few people Sasuke would actually be willing to hear out.

Quote:
Since Sasuke is obviously going down the wrong path, he's not going to get any sympathy from his older brother--that has traditionally been Itachi's way of herding Sasuke in the first place.
And look at the wonderful job its done thus far. Itachi himself admits his methods failed, so at this point I don't think a brief and honest chat would hurt :/
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:14   Link #25
adamaflaps
I feel enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post

And look at the wonderful job its done thus far. Itachi himself admits his methods failed, so at this point I don't think a brief and honest chat would hurt :/
haha seeing that his past methods didnt work i dont think he sees that a simple conversation would be worth the saliva LOL
adamaflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:27   Link #26
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
haha seeing that his past methods didnt work i dont think he sees that a simple conversation would be worth the saliva LOL

Hahahaha and what were his previous methods?

-Cast Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and experience 48 hours of his parents and clan being slaughtered.

-Taunting his pathetic existence (as a 6 year old) and tell him to hate more and kill him.... to a 6 year old.

-(Once he learned Chidori) Breaks his arm, kicks him to a wall, mouth bleeding. Chokes him; tell him he still doesn't have enough hate and how weak he is; cast a 2 day Tsukiyomi on him - PUTTING HIM INTO A COMA + mental trama.

-etc etc

Anyways I had a feeling Kishi never intended for Itachi to be a good guy. Because none of these make sense. What made sense was how Itachi claims - in an insane expression - that he wanted Sasuke to have the same eyes so he can have EMS.

Also... Itachi never reached out for Sasuke. Ever.... The path that the kid chose was purely based on the abuses he went through from Itachi who wants to use him; his father also wants to use him after Sasuke burned his cheeks just to master Fireball jutsu to gain acknowledgement; Orochimaru who also wants to use him; the revelation of Danzo; who also wants to use him for his eyes; and Madara who also wants to use him. I for one am not surprised that Sasuke is like this now...

Poor kid experienced it all. Abuse from:
His Father
His Brother
Orochimaru
Madara
Revelation of the Leaf Elders and Danzo

It's like he isn't safe in this world, even if he were to become a good guy and went back to Kohana.

This is why Sasuke is my favorite character in Naruto and the only reason why I even follow up with this manga. A true tragedy.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:32   Link #27
adamaflaps
I feel enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Hahahaha and what were his previous methods?

-Cast Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and experience 48 hours of his parents and clan being slaughtered.

-Taunting his pathetic existence (as a 6 year old) and tell him to hate more and kill him.... to a 6 year old.

-(Once he learned Chidori) Breaks his arm, kicks him to a wall, mouth bleeding. Chokes him; tell him he still doesn't have enough hate and how weak he is; cast a 2 day Tsukiyomi on him - PUTTING HIM INTO A COMA + mental trama.

-etc etc.
haha exactly!! after exercising all brutal ways of teaching poor little sasuke and didnt work he'd prob think " nah a simple talk wont work" or he cant make a nice sentence haha

well i think i have to disagree a bit though..i think itachi's methods do lead sasuke to where he is now..trying some reverse psychology thingy haha
Old 2012-02-29, 12:35   Link #28
Meltyred

Well, who would like to hear someone complain about their life, especially if you just died and came back to life, and have to die again.
Seriously it just sounds like their ungrateful for living and is honestly just irritating.
I mean, Sasuke's pretty crazy now, and is so mad he thinks seeing using his brother's eyes means he understands him.
While Itachi did commit several horrible mistakes, now is not the time...
There's a war going on, and a family problem seems minor in comparison.
Of course, Sasuke thinks the world revolves around him or something. (It seems to revolve around Naruto instead, but whatever)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:38   Link #29
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
haha exactly!! after exercising all brutal ways of teaching poor little sasuke and didnt work he'd prob think " nah a simple talk wont work" or he cant make a nice sentence haha

well i think i have to disagree a bit though..i think itachi's methods do lead sasuke to where he is now..trying some reverse psychology thingy haha
Well it's sad because Sasuke at least deserve an honest conversation with the very person that he "thinks" is fighting for. "Nii-san, I'm getting more used to these eyes" "Nii-san can you see me now?" NIi-san this Nii-san that.

I predict Itachi will end his own Edo Tensei in the end by finding peace like the Puppet-Master Atasuki.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:42   Link #30
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Well, who would like to hear someone complain about their life, especially if you just died and came back to life, and have to die again.
Seriously it just sounds like their ungrateful for living and is honestly just irritating.
I mean, Sasuke's pretty crazy now, and is so mad he thinks seeing using his brother's eyes means he understands him.
Its not that Sasuke is ungrateful to Itachi for letting him live, he was asking why Itachi didn't kill him and he wants answers.

Sasuke would be less crazy if Itachi gave him a proper talk but Itachi has his own way of doing things...
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:45   Link #31
adamaflaps
I feel enlightened

Quote:
Well it's sad because Sasuke at least deserve an honest conversation with the very person that he "thinks" is fighting for. "Nii-san, I'm getting more used to these eyes" "Nii-san can you see me now?" NIi-san this Nii-san that.

I predict Itachi will end his own Edo Tensei in the end by finding peace like the Puppet-Master Atasuki.
well yeah that i can agree with..haha hey the little guy wants his brother to be proud of him..cut him some slack LOL

no man..i dont think that will do..kabuto made the Edo Tensei complete..no self realization is gonna make itachi die again..i think
Old 2012-02-29, 12:51   Link #32
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Tsunade evokes the "Will of Fire". When playing this card, all Konoha ninja can fight two levels above their current level for the rest of the round.

Who knew the Uchiha were so sexist? In this manga?

Quote:
This conversation should never have taken place. That is why it seems out of place. Even Kishi recognizes it. Itachi has wiped his hands with Sasuke and admitted he messed up. He left Sasuke's redemption to Naruto as was shown in this chapter once again. Sasuke is talking to the wrong guy. Itachi can offer him nothing.

The question is whether Sasuke follows Itachi or not. Anything Itachi does cannot change Sasuke's path. Sasuke still has to be hateful. He is going to be getting something soon from that fodder water guy that will prolong the war.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:55   Link #33
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Tsunade evokes the "Will of Fire". When playing this card, all Konoha ninja can fight two levels above their current level for the rest of the round.
And then die. RIP Tsunade.

I bet her Genesis Rebirth technique is probably like the 1st's regeneration technique except since she doesn't have Mokuton, she has to store chakra to use it plus the side-effects.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:59   Link #34
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The question is whether Sasuke follows Itachi or not. Anything Itachi does cannot change Sasuke's path. Sasuke still has to be hateful. He is going to be getting something soon from that fodder water guy that will prolong the war.
Yep, you pretty much said it right there
Old 2012-02-29, 14:31   Link #35
Ero-Senn1n

Nice chapter, especially the Sasuke-Itachi stuff. Sasuke trying to grab Itachi with a susano-hand was nice, one part it show the little brother trying to grab the big brother so that they can play and have fun as in the past they did, but the other part is the large ominous looking susano arm that shows reality is not as childhood was. And as in their childhood, we have the selfish little child who wants to play and have fun with his big brother and we have the big brother who has to save the world/village/clan so he can't stay and play with his brother. Kishimoto really made this whole situation like their life was as children, and i think he did a good job here.

But the conversation is not over, when Itachi reaches Kabuto we will see Sasuke either helping him or helping Kabuto because Sasuke's current dogma says that helping Kabuto is good for destroying Konoha, and not even Itachi can do anything about that. In that case he may delay Itachi somewhat, causing the death of 1 or 2 kages. On the other hand even if Sasuke blocks Itachi, when Kabuto realizes that his target has come to him he will probably summon back Madara to capture Sasuke, and then of course Tobi will teleport there, since he had zetsu-spores on Kabuto from the beginning. The big Uchiha reunion can't go well for Kabuto... I wonder if Kishimoto will make of Kabuto a Dr. Gero and of Edo-Madara a Cell (Edo-Madara is the union of most powerful ninjas and also Edo-Tensei gives him infinite regeneration powers like Cell had)
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 16:58   Link #36
Casshern

Personally I'd like to see Sasuke flip out and kill his brother again and then go really crazy, not like his normal genocidal crazy, like batshit insane. Then have Kabuto find Sasuke.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 17:18   Link #37
haegar
mangaviking

I doubt Sasuske would side with Kabuto. Kabuto's power nonwithstanding he would probably look down on him and feel he doesn't need him. But he might mess things up just to spite Itachi who was kinda ignoring him there saying he has more important stuff to do with the Edo Tensei.
Old 2012-02-29, 18:38   Link #38
mayumi

I did like sasuke asking itachi why he was spared. He wanted itachi to admit his feelings for sasuke to be greater than the village.
Other than that sasuke should have asked itachi what he really wanted to know but too afraid to ask because he might be disappointed with the answers itachi could give. Like

Why did u choose the village over the clan? Sasuke takes a lot of pride of his clan but itachi doesn't.

Why did itachi decide to kill the clan instead of the elders. Why did itachi oppose his father against coup? Why did itachi want the segregation to continue.

I believe asking these questions would make sasuke realize that tobi told him a lot of half truths.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-29 at 18:53.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:38   Link #39
neshru

Well, this went better than I expected. I expected cheesiness and a bunch of nonsense, but instead I really liked the way the reunion was handled.

I particularly liked the fact that Itachi made Sasuke hate him because he wanted an Uchiha to kill him for what he had done to the clan. I don't know if that was ever revealed before, but it made sense to me.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 19:00   Link #40
Kakashi_Love
Nighthawk

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi_Love
I like Sasuke in this chapter. It seemed like his heart open up a bit.
Kakashi_Love is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion