AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-12, 16:54   Link #481
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Good news, everyone. As we all know, KID did not make a PC version of Remember 11, but today I just got the news, a trial version of 12Riven is coming out; and of course it's on PC!!

But you have to be one of the 1000 lucky Japanese Amazon user to get it... link:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature.h...cId=1000119626

this is the love, baby.
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 17:43   Link #482
chaos_alfa

What is the recommended order to complete the game?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 23:37   Link #483
Garet Jax

From what others have said and also from now having completed it myself:
Takeshi->Tsugumi, then Sora
Kid->You, then Sara

I'm very satisfied with how this played out. I wasn't sure I was going to like visual novels when I started this, but I certainly liked this one. Not much else to add to what's already been said.

Good news about 12Riven, kgptzac. Hopefully it will eventually be translated for those of us linguistically challenged.

A question for those with all of the albums completed: I have all of the endings and scenes completed (though only 200/225 paths; not sure what that means, but I'm guessing just some of the other choices that don't really affect endings) but I'm missing one image in the seventh album (etc2), the fourth one in the top row. What is it/how would I get that one? Do I need to get 225/225?
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 01:11   Link #484
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, you need all the 225 cleared paths to get that picture. As you got it, you will have the perfect score of 104%
Old 2007-11-13, 04:48   Link #485
chaos_alfa

Does it matter for understanding the story to first begin with Kid's paths (You)? or is it better to begin with Takeshi's path (Tsugumi)?
Old 2007-11-13, 05:03   Link #486
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

The story will unfold the same way no matter whose paths you chose first.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 05:39   Link #487
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
The story will unfold the same way no matter whose paths you chose first.
I mean which makes the most sense to understand the story

Like in Tsukihime it is recommended that you play the game in this order Arcueid, Ciel, and the rest I forgot.

So in which order is it recommended to play through Ever17?
Old 2007-11-13, 06:42   Link #488
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Tsugumi -> Sora -> You -> Sara
That's the order that I played in and I had no problems with the flow of the story. Looking at this thread it also seems to be the most popular order. Though I kind of wish that I had saved Tsugumi's path for last since I liked her ending the best.
Old 2007-11-13, 07:05   Link #489
chaos_alfa

Thanks
I wil try that order
Old 2007-11-13, 07:07   Link #490
dsp2003

It's really the greatest news, kgptzac & Garet_Jax! ^_^

I hope, both PC versions of 12Riven & Remember11 will be available at last. Oh boy, i'm too excited!! XD
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 07:12   Link #491
Rayneing
Trombe!

I played Tsugumi > You > Sora > Sara.

Also man I wish the other games were translated. Especially Remeber11.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 17:49   Link #492
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, you need all the 225 cleared paths to get that picture. As you got it, you will have the perfect score of 104%
Ah, thanks. I thought as much. I guess I can manage it. One more question: I assume the game is smart enough to leave the unlocked content and saved games if I uninstall it? I'd like to back up just those files on an external HD to conserve space afterwards.
Old 2007-11-15, 05:17   Link #493
dsp2003

There's an option in the uninstaller which allows you to keep system settings & custom files on HDD (all your achievements is stored into "save\save_sys.dat", so it's the only file that needed to be backuped) during the uninstall process.

But... 2,25 Gb... well, it's not a *lots* of space (by looking at the modern 200-500 Gb HDD devices); so, i don't see any reasons to kick this masterpiece from my hard drive at all. ^_^
Old 2007-11-15, 09:00   Link #494
-Anima-

hmmm is it for pc?
-Anima- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 12:13   Link #495
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Yes it is for PC. There is even an english version of the game if you're interested.
Old 2007-11-15, 14:17   Link #496
rg4619

Quote:
As we all know, KID did not make a PC version of Remember 11, but today I just got the news, a trial version of 12Riven is coming out; and of course it's on PC!!
For KID's newer ports, did they ever improve the quality of their game engine? While Ever17 was enjoyable enough, the engine was garbage next to other titles (and the conversion to a 800 X 600 screen resolution was lacklustre).

Quote:
both PC versions of 12Riven & Remember11 will be available at last.
In Japan, only 12Riven has been announced for PC (I think). However, PC versions of both games will be released in Taiwan.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 15:00   Link #497
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Thanks
I wil try that order
You should just try to go with the flow.
Theres a short introduction of both characters and theres some time befor some important choices so you could just go with whatever you like, instead of forcing yourself on certain path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003
But... 2,25 Gb... well, it's not a *lots* of space (by looking at the modern 200-500 Gb HDD devices); so, i don't see any reasons to kick this masterpiece from my hard drive at all. ^_^
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619
...the engine was garbage next to other titles...
Huh?! oO
I would need to see those "other titles" but for now, I personal think it is perfect.
Maybe not graphics wise, but it got all the options any VN needs
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 17:20   Link #498
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
There's an option in the uninstaller which allows you to keep system settings & custom files on HDD (all your achievements is stored into "save\save_sys.dat", so it's the only file that needed to be backuped) during the uninstall process.

My system is older. I still have 17GB on my C partition, but that could shrink easily, especially if I get more games like this. Plus, drives have been known to crash from time to time. But I can just backup that one file for now, I guess.
Old 2007-11-15, 18:06   Link #499
endlezz
Ace of Spades

I also got Tsugumi Good Ending as the very first ending because I was directly aiming for it, but I can understand if many people did not achieve this in the very first try. Interestingly enough
Spoiler:

Also the Sora story was, while still a very touching one, not quite as amazing as Tsugumi imho. ;(
Saras story was also very, very nice, I still need to get You and Coco...
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 02:18   Link #500
dsp2003

Quote:
Also the Sora story was, while still a very touching one, not quite as amazing as Tsugumi imho. ;(
Saras story was also very, very nice, I still need to get You and Coco...
Well, IMHO, the storyline writers have done the Tsugumi's and You's pathes at the first place (as they're both looking *finalized* and well-developed. Sora's & Sara's is more looking like a forced sub-stories. I'm not saying that they're bad, but... fading out from the whole picture, yes... Sora's path almostly. :P).

Coco's path, at the other hand, is a culmination and it's a lot more *fun* than every of them...
Spoiler:

Tags
visual novel