AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 02:34   Link #21
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post
I think the same. Well, never expected somebody to be better than Nakamura Yuiichi, but Graham sounds like a 15 year old. D: That's the only thing I don't like about the dub.

About the japanese version, I lol'd when Ali first talked, in the only show I never imagined Keiji Fujiwara in was Gundam , his voice made me like Ali a lot more.

Never realized that 00 has a lot of my favorites seiyuus. One more reason to love it.
Fujiwara is the only person who can make a TERRORIST character liked in a time where we still remember 9-11. Well that and Chuck Norris. But that would be totally different.

And Graham's voice isn't too young o.O or at least, I don't see how. The guy has too much pride in his voice to let anything sound like it comes from a higher schooler.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:42   Link #22
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I LOVE Mamoru Miyano!!! His voice is soooooo cool!
LOL try listen to drama cd Gundam 00 another MISSION-2306 he was pretty amazing in that drama cd eventhough he apologize so many time after that
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:58   Link #23
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
LOL try listen to drama cd Gundam 00 another MISSION-2306 he was pretty amazing in that drama cd eventhough he apologize so many time after that
hahaha I laugh so hard listening that cd drama . and the the VA comment after the drama is so funny especially when Mamoru Miyano (setsuna) and Hiroshi Kamiya (tieria) apologize so many time
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:45   Link #24
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post
About the japanese version, I lol'd when Ali first talked, in the only show I never imagined Keiji Fujiwara in was Gundam , his voice made me like Ali a lot more.
Actually this is the fourth time Keiji Fujiwara did a role in a Gundam series, he does a lot of minor voice roles in Victory Gundam, he's Eledore in 08th MS Team and Noventa in Gundam Wing.

Last edited by Blaat; 2008-10-19 at 13:12.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:20   Link #25
vspirit
...huh?

...this thread needs more love.

Mmm, I like Ribbons' voice. I wasn't used to him when I first heard him in season 1 but by season 2, I can't even imagine him with a different voice. Furuya-sama FTW! Fujiwara's voice is also made of epic win in here.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 17:56   Link #26
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Really? I like Furuya, but he sounds awkward for Ribbons

And I dislike Andrei's voice too, kind annoying, and not fit his image
Old 2008-11-06, 18:47   Link #27
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
For the upcoming English dub:

The official North American site has a new trailer, though it seems familiar.

ANN's Gundam 00 entry has the latest entry on all upcoming VAs for the anime.
That... was cringe worthy. It looks like 00's dub is going to have the same problem as Zeta's did: all antagonists sound petulant whiny, and adolescent, regardless of how mature/masculine they sounded in Japanese. (The Titans were murdered, murdered I tell you! They are meant to be evil and badass, not nasally!)
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 18:49   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Fujiwara's voice is also made of epic win in here.
I still say to this day that Fujiwara Keiji was the perfect choice for Ali. Only he can produce such an evil badarse voice that makes you just love the guy even know he's so damn evil.

& i really like Furuya as Ribbons, a lot more now in second season that he's more of a main role character.
Old 2008-11-07, 11:33   Link #29
vspirit
...huh?

Mmmh...I just checked and Ribbons' not done by Furuya apparently, but one Sougetsu Noboru. Huh. Somone put up the wrong info and the dude sounded enough like Furuya for me to overlook checking for accuracy...uhu. Still, he sounds good.

And let's not forget the awesomeness that is Paku Romi doing Regene Regetta. Tho she uses her female voice, which made me think Regene was female at first. -.-;; Then I got told that Innovators are supposed to be
Spoiler:
Double mmmh...
Old 2008-11-07, 11:42   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Mmmh...I just checked and Ribbons' not done by Furuya apparently, but one Sougetsu Noboru. Huh. Somone put up the wrong info and the dude sounded enough like Furuya for me to overlook checking for accuracy...uhu. Still, he sounds good.

And let's not forget the awesomeness that is Paku Romi doing Regene Regetta. Tho she uses her female voice, which made me think Regene was female at first. -.-;; Then I got told that Innovators are supposed to be
Spoiler:
Double mmmh...
Sougetsu Noboru IS Furuya's pseudonym for 00. In Japan, pseudonyms are fairly common, although more for H-games and that sort of stuff.

I personally have not heard Romi-san's voice yet. (Been busy, and 00 is quite suited for marathon-style viewing.)
Old 2008-11-07, 12:16   Link #31
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Sougetsu Noboru IS Furuya's pseudonym for 00. In Japan, pseudonyms are fairly common, although more for H-games and that sort of stuff.
Aaaaah! Really????? No wonder there wasn't anything else credited to his name other than Ribbons. Haha. I was kinda wondering if that were the case but couldn't think up of the reason why he'd do that. But since it /is/ the case, there must be a reason, huh? Though it doesn't really matter what it is now, so long as it's the man himself. Coolies!

And yeah. I, too, thought he sounded strange in season one but then he just grew on me so, eh heh. He sounds less awkward in season 2 though, so maybe that's why. Oh, and he sounded awesome as Toppi in the World Destruction game. Yes, game. In the anime he sounded epic still, but with a dorkier edge to it. In the game, there's only the epic and none of the dorkiness. Absolute zero. Stuffed animal character design notwithstanding. It's easy to overlook it, really, with a voice that sounds like that. It's not a tone I've heard him used in any of the anime he's in this season, or those I've heard him do in the past.

Anyway, thanks for the tip~! You've just spared me from going, "???? I could swear this sounds like Furuya so WTH is with this Sougetsu person?" every time I hear Ribbons talk. xD

*notices your signature* Ah, my condolences to you and your family.
Old 2008-11-07, 14:13   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Double mmmh...
Paku Romi's my favorite seiyuu, so it made me happy as hell when i found out she'll be appearing in another Gundam show. She was forever amazing as Loran.

But yeah i like her job so far for Regene. Also where did you hear that spoiler from? I'm just wondering if it's something official or not.
Old 2008-11-07, 22:36   Link #33
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also where did you hear that spoiler from? I'm just wondering if it's something official or not.
Hmm...wait, lemme go back and check. Ah, it's a reply to one of my comments in a blog (where I went, "What the-?! That's not a girl???") . Reading it again, I realized I remembered wrongly what was said exactly. Since my memory cannot be relied on, here's a quote instead:

Spoiler for which is actually a quote that may or may not have spoiler elements:
Old 2008-11-11, 21:07   Link #34
vspirit
...huh?

Sorry for teh double post but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
I just did. It caught me flatfooted. I was expecting something serious and was wondering why Mamo and Kamiyan would apologize so profusedly. It started off so serious too...oh well. Learned myself a new word to annoy the hell out of people at least. Thanks for the info on this...chori~ssu!

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-11-11 at 22:11.
Old 2008-11-11, 22:46   Link #35
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Ah-ha! I thought so.

All this time I've been thinking "this guy sounds way too much like Furuya not to be him!"

But why use a pseudonym though? Like you said, those are normally reserved for H-games.......
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 08:36   Link #36
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Haro sounds ALOT like Alpha from Power Rangers!

But them english VAs ain't so bad.... Though they tend to suck at some parts where voice expressions are vital...
Old 2008-11-12, 13:15   Link #37
Elehayym

Quote:
Aaaaah! Really????? No wonder there wasn't anything else credited to his name other than Ribbons. Haha. I was kinda wondering if that were the case but couldn't think up of the reason why he'd do that. But since it /is/ the case, there must be a reason, huh? Though it doesn't really matter what it is now, so long as it's the man himself. Coolies!
I'm not really sure if I'm right about it but I do think I have an idea of why he uses a pseudonym for Ribbons.
At the event where the seiyuu for 00 were announced last year, he made a long-ish speech narrating how he thought that his duty as Amuro's seiyuu was to not voice any other character in any Gundam series. When Mizushima asked him to work on 00, at first he refused explaining his ideas on the matter, so Mizushima asked him: what about being the narrator then? That's not a character!
And apparently in the end Furuya accepted cause of this "the narrator is not a character" thing, also mentioning that anyway his "rival" (Ikeda Masaru, Char's seiyuu) had broke the rule first by doing Gilbert in Seed Destiny.

So, I would guess this is the reason why he's not using his real name for Ribbons ^^; (Even though I find it kinda silly seeing how everyone knows it's him XD) I still think that
Spoiler for about Ribbons:
and that would explain why Furuya accepted that role too, but no way to know about that at the moment
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 03:11   Link #38
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Akira ishida needs to join gundam 00!!!

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 06:09   Link #39
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
I'm not really sure if I'm right about it but I do think I have an idea of why he uses a pseudonym for Ribbons.
At the event where the seiyuu for 00 were announced last year, he made a long-ish speech narrating how he thought that his duty as Amuro's seiyuu was to not voice any other character in any Gundam series. When Mizushima asked him to work on 00, at first he refused explaining his ideas on the matter, so Mizushima asked him: what about being the narrator then? That's not a character!
And apparently in the end Furuya accepted cause of this "the narrator is not a character" thing, also mentioning that anyway his "rival" (Ikeda Masaru, Char's seiyuu) had broke the rule first by doing Gilbert in Seed Destiny.

So, I would guess this is the reason why he's not using his real name for Ribbons ^^; (Even though I find it kinda silly seeing how everyone knows it's him XD) I still think that
Spoiler for about Ribbons:
and that would explain why Furuya accepted that role too, but no way to know about that at the moment
Oh, that's some neat info. Thanks for sharing~

Hmm....it doesn't change the fact that it's him. Silly, silly man. We still love him though, don't we? And since neither Gilbert nor Ribbons are main characters, it really doesn't affect Amuro or Char's characters, I don't think. And sides, if he can take on characters like Toppi (as it's thanks to that decision that some of us are now unable to not mentally affix -kuma at the end of every sentence uttered by characters played by him--Ribbons and non-character!narrator notwithstanding), he can take on anything.

Argh! I'm really beginning to regret not going to the anime convention he attended as a special guest here last year. T.T
Old 2008-11-13, 07:44   Link #40
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, Char/the Chairman was voiced by Ikeda Shuichi. And I think that the nom de guerre was used so that he doesn't steal the thunder from the other cast members. I'm sure that during Destiny's run, Ikeda-san and Koyama-san (Kycilia Zabi back in MSG, and Talia Gladys in Destiny) stole the thunder.