AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 23:28   Link #261
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Knowing just what the anime has shown so far, here's what I think about the fate of Twenty Faces after episode 6:

Spoiler:

I also find it amusing how so many people are also comparing this show to Allison and Lillia, the other show I've been watching lately. But that show strikes me as something I'd expect from Disney, which has rather disappointed me greatly. I think even Utawarerumono had better antagonists than that.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 00:36   Link #262
Skyw4lker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
As for Chiko trying to save Angie. Its probably because she was her first friend.
And you have to consider that Chiko's not a professsional killer or something along that line: she's still a young girl with dreams. I don't think it's unrealistic when she's reaching her hand out to Angie.
Skyw4lker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 16:07   Link #263
christinemarie
Crazy One

Few more days until June 1, 2008 for episode 7.

Spoiler for Speculations:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 20:38   Link #264
nanafan
horo fan

why is episode 7 being released then? i am confused..
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 23:20   Link #265
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

There was a break between episode 6 and 7 for a reason I'm not totally clear on, but regular broadcasts will resume on June 1st.

As for the content christinemarie is pretty correct I think, although I would wager
Spoiler:

Also I just want to say that it kills me that a shallow, mindless fanservice show like To-love-ru has over twice the replies of this show. I guess that's the price a show pays these days for not having any skirts above the knee.

Furthermore, requesting an avatar GIF of the scene in the OP with the chains, if anyone could be so kind.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 00:25   Link #266
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
Also I just want to say that it kills me that a shallow, mindless fanservice show like To-love-ru has over twice the replies of this show. I guess that's the price a show pays these days for not having any skirts above the knee.
I believe it has to do with the subbing.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 00:57   Link #267
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No. I disagree. SpaceDrake is right. Shows that focus on fanservice, fighting or romance always have more discussion than shows which are more complicated or unusual.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 08:46   Link #268
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Wow, I didn't actually expect some of the site staff to agree with me. :V

That said, in fairness I did realize after posting that there's a good reason frequenters of AS may not be watching, since AS doesn't actually list DoTF episodes on the frontpage or the series list. It's difficult for a show to generate discussion when it isn't actually advertised on the site.
Old 2008-05-29, 10:30   Link #269
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
^

I believe Nijuu Mensou no Musume is the most underrated show this season.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 10:43   Link #270
Man0warr

Or Kure-nai,

Both are really good.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 10:52   Link #271
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Definitely not Kurenai. Compared to Nijuu Mensou Kurenai thread has around 700+ while this thread has less than 300 post. and checking animenano.com Kurenai has more blog post than Nijuu Mensou.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 11:17   Link #272
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Like nadare, I think this is the most underrated show. Kurenai is also good, but more people realize that it is. It has about 3x the replies this show does. I don't know what the problem is, really. Subs not coming out on AS may be a factor. No flesh? No explosions? No, wait, we do have explosions. Maybe the apparently old-fashioned look? Maybe people mistakenly think Lupin or Conan and flee.

It's certainly proof that a popular seiyuu alone can't make a show popular, either inside or outside Japan. And I think Hirano Aya here and Koshimizu Ami as Horo in Spice & Wolf are the two best lead female seiyuu performances of the year so far. (Other good ones: Takagaki Ayahi as Noe in True Tears, Endou Aya as Sheryl in Macross F.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 11:38   Link #273
yurifan

Quote:
^

I believe Nijuu Mensou no Musume is the most underrated show this season.
But this show is so far good, better than many shows in this season
yurifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:06   Link #274
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Oh, can anyone help me out with the title of the 'second series' currently serialized in Comic Flapper?

二十面相の娘 うつしよの夜

This is giving me conniptions. "Modern-Day-Night?" Am I reading that right? What is the second series exactly, just a direct continuation?

As far as the show being popular in Japan goes, this whole "moving around to different timeslots" thing also is not helping.

Last edited by SpaceDrake; 2008-05-29 at 13:09.
Old 2008-05-29, 14:20   Link #275
Man0warr

Quote:
It's certainly proof that a popular seiyuu alone can't make a show popular, either inside or outside Japan. And I think Hirano Aya here and Koshimizu Ami as Horo in Spice & Wolf are the two best lead female seiyuu performances of the year so far. (Other good ones: Takagaki Ayahi as Noe in True Tears, Endou Aya as Sheryl in Macross F.)
Actually Aya Hirano as the lead is what kept me from watching the show at the beginning, it's nothing like her other roles...which is refreshing to say the least.

Also, the VA that plays Kou in Wagaya no Oinari-sama is the best for me so far - Saori Hayami. She also sings the ED and sounds great.

Plus shes playing Musubi in Sekirei this summer
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 14:27   Link #276
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Definitely not Kurenai. Compared to Nijuu Mensou Kurenai thread has around 700+ while this thread has less than 300 post. and checking animenano.com Kurenai has more blog post than Nijuu Mensou.
LOL! Good point. Even if they are equally good, Kurenai is not as poorly discussed. That makes this more under-rated.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 14:28   Link #277
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't know if this show is the most underrated since everybody seems to forget Kaiba even exists. It's like nobody really downloads that show compared to Nijuu which apparently gets quite a good download amount.

As for Aya Hirano, I definitely think she is already in the elite amongst her peer mainly due to her range of roles already. Even Haruhi was a relatively deep character for a new voice actress to just jump into and she nailed it. I really have no problems at all with her earlier roles either. Also with her superstar status, she tends to sing a LOT of OP/EDs. Between her tendency to do both comedic roles and serious ones at the same time, I think she actually reminds me of Megumi Hayashibara. Like how the unique intonation of Megumi's voices never slowed her down, I don't see it slowing down Aya Hirano either.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 14:43   Link #278
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't know if this show is the most underrated since everybody seems to forget Kaiba even exists. It's like nobody really downloads that show compared to Nijuu which apparently gets quite a good download amount.
I'll confess that with Kaiba it's more that I'm reluctant to view it until most of it has aired, simply because it's so different. It may be good now, but a lot of 'artsy' animation that has tried to be artsy ends up being very poor. I'd like to hear if it's still good toward the end of its run before I commit to it.

Perhaps a bit of a silly reason but there you go.
Old 2008-05-29, 16:10   Link #279
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

SuperKnuckles makes a good point. I watched ep1 of Kaiba when it came out and could recognize how good it looked, but thought it shallow in other ways. But I just watched it again and think I may finally be getting it. The storytelling began to work for me. I'll watch more and see.

I'll second Man0warr, too, on his praise of Hayami Saori. I think her ED for Wagaya is the best anime music this season. Her singing voice and how she uses it are amazing. And she's doing well for a seiyuu in her second major role, but she's nowhere near the best seiyuu this season. Not yet. But probably soon. It's her birthday today: she's turning 17.

By the way, if people want to hear Hirano Aya using a voice reminiscent of this one, they should watch NANA. Not only is the anime a masterpiece, but Hirano's Layla is a great sub-character. The problem is that she doesn't appear that much.

And SpaceDrake, check out Tofusensei's post here for an explanation of the title of the new manga, which means something like "Night(s) in the World." It seems to be side-stories from the time between when NJM met Chiko and the events of episode 6.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-29 at 16:51.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 16:58   Link #280
nanafan
horo fan

i think that aya hirano does a great job as chiko, it just goes to show how flexible an actress she is? anyways although i love romance and comedy animes this anime is great. every once in a while i will find a show that is different from what i usually watch
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen