AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-01, 22:48   Link #41
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Uhmm...i also Voted for Haruka.

Despite Haruka is soft and timid, she is strong enough to walk by her own after waking up and accept that Takayuki heart no longer with her. "Maybe we should depart with a smile?" is wat Haruka says to Takayuki at the almost end...which touches me the most...sob sob...

But i also didn't really hate Mitsuki, but i do hate it when Mitsuki makes her advances towards Takayuki after Haruka Accident, but hey lets think of the bright side...if Mitsuki isn't there to bring Takayuki's leg back on ground, wat would he become? He wouldn't even do anything for that 1 year...

Actually if there's someone to blame...i would like to says that Takayuki is the weakess person in the entire series...he isn't strong at all in decision making nor have the rights to earn both Haruka & Mitsuki feelings. :fingers:

I've face b4 something like Takayuki situations...but i still manage to get my feet back on the ground without anyone's help. Yes is true that i was mentally break down for that whole week, but we hav our own lives...eventhough Haruka time has stop...it doesn't mean that Takayuki should stop too...

I would suggest that Takayuki make the most out from that 3 year building his carreer and wait & pray for the day when Haruka finally opened her eyes. His actions in accepting Mitsuki's feeling hurt everyone in the series... Akane,Shinji, & of course Mitsuki's...but anyhow Takayuki choose over Mitsuki...that was an acceptable ending...

Takayuki don't have the value to own Haruka, Haruka better off with some1 else who's better than Takayuki.
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 01:10   Link #42
arias

LONG POST & SPOILER FILLED

Replying to this thread is like beating a dead horse.. But being new to KimiNozo I decided to reply to the thread anyways. I just finished Kimi yesterday, and have been thinking about it all day today in college.. it's been distracting me from concentrating on my work I'm always thinking of how to properly resolve with Mitsuki; because the anime's ending simply didn't cut it for me in terms of giving Takayuki and Mitsuki a better closure.

Throughout the series I liked both female leads very much; and I really saw the human in Mitsuki.. a very loving and caring girl. In fact, when she "cheated" (and I mean in the technical, not the moral sense..) on Takayuki with Shinji in the love hotel, it was quite a sad scene to me. Being brought up in a conservative family, I've always seen extra marital affairs as REALLY bad things. You know, when I watched Titanic, or rather the first hour of it, I was more disturbed that it was an affair than it was a love story Only in recent years have I grown more open toward the subject of sex.. so this Mitsuki affair thing.. I really saw it as a reflection of her character.

Experienced Kimi fans who're pretty observant will realise that Mitsuki IS quite the fragile girl inside, and that she evades or confronts her problems sometimes by sex. I'm in no way against her, I repeat. But we see from the beginning that after she confessed to Takayuki, she used (and I mean it in every sense; it was SURELY a use) her body.. Of course, Takayuki consented which makes him a willing partner. (But she is SO hot). *cough* We see later that she makes love with Takayuki when she's afraid.. it's really like some people I somewhat know, who escape through physical pleasures. It's not like I think she was moaning on a high when she had sex with Shinji.. but for those who've experienced sex before, I do think that the orgasmic pleasure and the simple, primate nature of love-making does take away some of your frustrations..

Here's a great quote from Outlaw55 that I digged up from December 2003

Quote:
Hayase Mizuki - Very outgoing girl that was probably very popular at school (you don't really see a lot of her at school). Obviously watching the situation with her trying to hook Haruka up with Takayuki, you could two things. 1st you can tell that she has started to like Takayuki after getting to know him. You can tell she would be very interested in dating him, if it were not for 2nd thing I will not state. 2nd she is a loyal friend, many Haruka fans would disagree, but it is true, she originally discarded here own feelings for Takayuki to help here friend out, now THAT is friendship. She only moved in later after she thought Haruka would not wake up, but of them originally liked each other but niether was strong enough to say anything to risk their friendship.

Another thing about her is that she has a lack of security and trust. Even though she may believe in Takayuki not liking Haruka, she drives herself crazy by a lack a trust, this shows a lack of relationship skills. When one is not mature enough to fully trust their BF or GF with all of their heart they are not ready for dedication to them. Some people have this trait perminatly, some eventually grow out of it though. Girls like this are hard to keep committed in a relationship and I would avoid this type of personallity if I was looking for commitment, because it could cause problems in the long run, and she tends to run away instead of facing them, so the relationship would more than likly end in divorce if a problem ever occured.

Also from this character later on you see a development of abuse of alcohol and sex. Another thing I do not want in a future mate would be drinking problems, because they can lead to situations for that person if they are alone and drunk. She would also be one to worry about having an affair on you if things got tough.
The affair issue is a big problem to me.. although I am more tolerant about sex now, I am pretty fearful about my partner cheating on me. And to me, it's more likely that Mitsuki will, like Outlaw described, go on a binge drinking episode and possibly end up sleeping with someone when she's mentally broken. People always mention that Haruka would probably be not as kind as she is depicted in the anime if she and Mitsuki switched roles.. true. But she isn't Mitsuki; and from what we can infer from the characters; she won't indulge in drink and sex just to escape her problems. She *DOES* have sexual desires, as seen in several scenes in the anime, but I think the key scenes that capture her essence were the Charms.. that is the type of person she is; a romantic believer. (Which in no way implies she is subservient, weak, or passive)

I've replied in the personal emotions thread about how I thought about Haruka.. or at least some of it. However, the anime was geared obviously towards Mitsuki, and Haruka didn't get as much screen time and development. I somehow thought she was used more as a 'tool' to reinenforce the Takayuki-Mitsuki relationship. I would believe it's slightly different in the game (which I have not played.. T_T). So naturally some people would think of Haruka as pretty weak and stuff like that..

I admit that choosing Haruka over Mitsuki in this poll is really over the sex-issue. I am NOT advocating double-standards.. I don't believe a male should cheat on a female; but perhaps coming from an Asian society I really need to be more open about female rights to sex (I apologise to all offended females). I'm just TERRIBLY uncomfortable with the thought of my loved one going to a bar to drink after a big quarrel. >_<..

But truthfully.. I would think that with any of the characters in KGNE, be it Haruka (the adorable romantic), Mitsuki (the loving, fragile girl) or Akane (the.. well.. ... the girl).. I think I'd be happy with ANY of them ;D~ Probably because I'm not Takayuki.. but also because they are all very good-hearted characters indeed; torn by a cruel circumstance. As you might know, these characters do not exist in real life Which is why such romantic (or some of you have preferred to call it drama) anime serves to keep us hopeful..

I really admire the leads; both Mitsuki and Haruka.. both encapsulate different forms of the ideal female. One outwardly strong, loving, caring.. but inwardly needing of your attention and love.. while the other outwardly shy, passive, romantic but inwardly strong, assertive and mature. I TRULY reckon that if any of us on this board get a girl who is like either of them, we'd be in total bliss.

Unless you're Takayuki.

Or you're always late for dates (moral of the story: NEVER BE LATE).

Ahh. Mitsuki and Haruka. Both... Both.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 05:02   Link #43
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Meh.....this is going to be so spoilerific that I am not even sure if I want to write it......

I can't pick either one without contradicting myself here.

I can't say I favor either...I disliked a lot of the character traits of Mitsuki more than I did Haruka, but that doesn't change the fact that I feel Takayuki stuck with the right one.

With Mitsuki being the obvious antagonist role you cannot fault the character for her actions, otherwise it wouldn't have made the story work out as deeply as it did. Mitsuki's obvious commitment and dedication in making Takayuki happy even at the cost of her own friendship with Haruka and the even heaftier burden of her own happiness shows a lot of courage in her emotionally. While she comes off as a strong-willed character, she's overall a very weak person and she uses her outgoing nature to cover this up. However, later in the series you see how weak Mitsuki really is when her and Takayuki start replaying over the last 3 years. She started to lose more and more focus on her life while she was caring for Takayuki, and the night that she had her fling shows her true weakness...the fear of not being with someone she cares deeply for. I feel she used that opportunity to test her commitment and devotion and ultimately found that she cannot be with anyone except for Takayuki. But she accepted that he chose to be with Haruka and wanted to shut everyone and everything out of her life. Think of Mitsuki's 'co-worker' and you have the future life of Mitsuki if Takayuki didn't come after her, dedicated to nothing but her work, even at the cost of her happiness. That's the ultimate showing of weakness, to give up your own happiness and not to allow anyone back into your life.

Haruka, on the flip-side, is such an introvert that she appears frail and weak, however she's far from it and for anyone who has seen the whole series they know this for a fact. This is one of those hard to explain situations...Haruka was in a coma for 3 years and lost those years with no way to recover them. During those years Takayuki's emotions went for one of the rockiest rollercoaster rides ever, the first year was nothing but torment, the second was rebuilding, and the third was moving on. During this time Haruka never got the chance to 'grow' with them, but at the end she knew that they were of two different 'times' and that sometimes it's better to let the past stay there even though you are not fully part of the present. She grew up 3 years in the time from when she learned about the time difference till the end of the series, that's quite a short time and weighs heavily in favor of the strength that Haruka holds. From the moment she starts her walking therapy to the moment she walks down the steps and onto the beach under her own power, it's a statement at how she's grown in such a short period of time. Showing that she has the strength to walk away from Takayuki and ultimately say "sayonara".

And to add a third choice would be to add Akane...whom is a perfect example of if you had crossed Mitsuki and Haruka into one person.

Akane is both an introvert and extrovert in certain environments...swimming she's extroverted, dealing with life's issues, she's an introvert. However don't take this as saying she's weak, she is perhaps the strongest character for the full course of the series. Sitting by her sister those three years, following her dream of being a swimmer, worrying about Takayuki despite the complete distaste for Mitsuki...all of these show the form of character she is. She's everything that Mitsuki *was* and everything that Haruka *is*, unfortunetly this also made her character less obvious in terms of development. She's doing everything Mitsuki had planned in her life while treating herself as the same way Haruka did to her own self. During those three years she dedicated her life to two things, her sister and swimming, that's showing the commitment that Mitsuki had and the same commitment that Haruka had to Takayuki. She ultimately showed her weakness though when she blurted out the truth about Takayuki, Mitsuki, and Haruka's lost 3 years...forcing her sister back into a relapse. She couldn't bear to see Takayuki carry on an empty relationship with her sister, so she'd rather her sister go back to "sleep" than to hurt from that pain.

So in all, I cannot pick one character over the other because I can easily associate to each of their situations and understand their plight and their actions...I really shouldn't psychoanalyze them though, I should really learn to just watch a series
Old 2004-06-15, 23:10   Link #44
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry

(...)

With Mitsuki being the obvious antagonist role you cannot fault the character for her actions, otherwise it wouldn't have made the story work out as deeply as it did. Mitsuki's obvious commitment and dedication in making Takayuki happy even at the cost of her own friendship with Haruka and the even heaftier burden of her own happiness shows a lot of courage in her emotionally. While she comes off as a strong-willed character, she's overall a very weak person and she uses her outgoing nature to cover this up. However, later in the series you see how weak Mitsuki really is when her and Takayuki start replaying over the last 3 years. She started to lose more and more focus on her life while she was caring for Takayuki, and the night that she had her fling shows her true weakness...the fear of not being with someone she cares deeply for. I feel she used that opportunity to test her commitment and devotion and ultimately found that she cannot be with anyone except for Takayuki. But she accepted that he chose to be with Haruka and wanted to shut everyone and everything out of her life. Think of Mitsuki's 'co-worker' and you have the future life of Mitsuki if Takayuki didn't come after her, dedicated to nothing but her work, even at the cost of her happiness. That's the ultimate showing of weakness, to give up your own happiness and not to allow anyone back into your life.

Haruka, on the flip-side, is such an introvert that she appears frail and weak, however she's far from it and for anyone who has seen the whole series they know this for a fact. This is one of those hard to explain situations...Haruka was in a coma for 3 years and lost those years with no way to recover them. During those years Takayuki's emotions went for one of the rockiest rollercoaster rides ever, the first year was nothing but torment, the second was rebuilding, and the third was moving on. During this time Haruka never got the chance to 'grow' with them, but at the end she knew that they were of two different 'times' and that sometimes it's better to let the past stay there even though you are not fully part of the present. She grew up 3 years in the time from when she learned about the time difference till the end of the series, that's quite a short time and weighs heavily in favor of the strength that Haruka holds. From the moment she starts her walking therapy to the moment she walks down the steps and onto the beach under her own power, it's a statement at how she's grown in such a short period of time. Showing that she has the strength to walk away from Takayuki and ultimately say "sayonara".

(...)

So in all, I cannot pick one character over the other because I can easily associate to each of their situations and understand their plight and their actions...I really shouldn't psychoanalyze them though, I should really learn to just watch a series
It's not about being overly psychoanalytic here.. Although I guess we do cross the lines sometimes. I'm in the middle of a tough 6 course college semester and I was thinking whether I wanted to watch KimiNozo, because I'm a sensitive person and will get affected by heartwrenching stuff, and I didn't want to distract myself from studies. KimiNozo was spoiled for me when I read this message board, so I knew it was quite a ride.. I still watched it because I believe that in experiencing such stuff, I can genuinely learn..

Like how you described Mitsuki's fling as a 'test of loyalty/commitment'.. something along those lines. I think that was brilliant! Because I never thought of it that way.. and how Outlaw described it as a chronic problem that she escapes by sex.. that was a great perspective that shed some possible insights. Of course it all boils down to speculation to some degree, but I love to read all these takes people have on the characters (given that these insights are valuable and not just lame flames), and I think I learn more about being a human through these insights.. Might sound a little dramatic, but it's hard to explain the "oh wow.." I felt when I saw your suggestion about Mitsuki's 'test of loyalty'.

So.. that's basically my argument on why you should "psychoanalyse".. I'd really love to learn more about these characters through perspectives I've never imagined, and am willing to accept. It also reaffirms views that I have; like how you described Haruka's maturity. I guess what her character suffers is tragic in a unique sense. I mean, we do see the suffering of Mitsuki more.. but if we imagine ourselves as Haruka.. getting whacked by a car and waking up to find your beloved boyfriend banging your best friend is NOT a good experience. .. It's not as painful as Mitsuki's experience; or as active in terms of suffering.. but it's still not a pleasant experience.

Also like to say thatyour suggestion on how Mitsuki was showing her weakness and shutting everyone out is great.. It's akin to something I did myself.. in a moment of alienation, shutting everyone out.. hm. Great point

And like I told you; no need to choose between the girls. We can have both. (in our dreams.. )
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 05:03   Link #45
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Like how you described Mitsuki's fling as a 'test of loyalty/commitment'.. something along those lines. I think that was brilliant! Because I never thought of it that way.. and how Outlaw described it as a chronic problem that she escapes by sex.. that was a great perspective that shed some possible insights. Of course it all boils down to speculation to some degree, but I love to read all these takes people have on the characters (given that these insights are valuable and not just lame flames), and I think I learn more about being a human through these insights.. Might sound a little dramatic, but it's hard to explain the "oh wow.." I felt when I saw your suggestion about Mitsuki's 'test of loyalty'.
For some reason, I get to write my longest posts when they concern this series. But anyway...

I think it was never as simple as a test of loyalty, because if that was the only case, all she needed to do was to simply make Takayuki jealous. There are many ways of doing that, and yet Mitsuki chose to sleep with Shinji--in fact she decided to do it with anybody. The inclusion of the sexual act also goes beyond escapism, for after the act she had already more or less made up her mind on giving up on Takayuki. (Btw, I like the part where she broke the heel of her other shoe rather than take the ones Shinji bought for her.) She was lonely and scared. Coupled with guilt, she believed that she was losing everything she had ever loved for all those past years. (Similarly, Haruka felt that she herself lost all those three years as well.) I feel that Mitsuki's realization here draws heavily upon her own view of her self-worth, and put all of these together I believe that she too possessed inner strength in her own way--a kind of strength unlike Haruka's, strength that can only be willed and shown when one has already succumbed to the lowest moment of despair. Whether succumbing to it or going beyond it isn't the issue here, but the silent assertion of strength along its most human quality. Mitsuki's strength was definitely flawed and wasn't as bright as Haruka's, yet for me hers was darker, the more intimate and more personal of the two. Someone before has mentioned that this series was the most unromantic romance ever, and in this sense I also agree. In the end, both women chose the present and to live their lives beyond those three years.

On another note, I somewhat see Mitsuki's one-night stand as her last subversive act with regard to her relationship with Takayuki, but I guess it'll take some time to gather my opinions on that.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-06-16 at 09:34.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 03:35   Link #46
Mousuke

Haruka vs. Mitsuki

Here's a question for whoever still checks this forum ^_^ Which of the girls did you favor and why? Please use logic. Reasons like "she's cute" or "she's kawaii" or "I don't like her hair/voice actor/mother-in-law/etc." are useless. (Besides, if the only reason you like a character is because they're "Kawaii" then that's your problem and the rest of us don't need to hear about it )

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-25 at 17:41. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 13:53   Link #47
bxtor

Cool

This certainly is an unusual request an OBJECTIVE poll. LOL
We need one of these in all the harem shows, a valuation of character...

Let me see how objective I can be....

What values do I objectively see in the character Haruku?

The GOOD

Haruku is extreme kind, caring, trusting, honorable, asthetic pleasing [beauty and cuteness has value and I cannot dismiss it as being unimportant], is learning and willing to create value for others [School] and in general desires to be honest with others. [but lacks the disipline thought and control to be fully honest]

Haruku after waking from the coma, chooses to grow and live on rather the give up on life either living a sad existence or dying.
She values her own life.

Haraku's mental strength and honest character is definitely expressed by her unwilingness to allow Takayuki to remain dishonest with her. Even though Takayuki finally confessed and realized he had harmed everyone, he did not fully understand that the guilt he was placing on himself diminished the value of everyone around him. By giving him up and honestly punishing him for his dishonesties, she allowed him to focus on Mitsuki who he said he liked.
She values honesty, and rejects dishonesty.

Haruku eventually grows and develops rational artistic values that others might buy in form of a children's book.

The BAD

Haruku has trouble (expressing her feelings) being honest with herself and others and sacrifices her own feelings out of fear [Higher Cause]...

Haruku lacks determination to pursue her desired goals merely wishing they might come true, and depends on others [External Authority] to move forward. [She desired Takayuki for years, yet did nothing about it until Mitsuki helped her.]

Haruku is blinded by her feelings [EA] and is unable too see Takayuki's behavior as it honestly is - cleverly disguised and subtlely dishonest. [Later she sees this mistake and grows stronger as she dismisses it.]

SUMMARY

Haruku as character has great potential as a friend or lover.
If she resolutely decides to express her feelings to those she cares about most, she will gain tremendous strength.
If she resolutely decides to find her OWN rational self-interests and happiness, she will gain tremendous strength.
If she resolutely decides to see reality as it is and dismiss, remove dishonesty in all forms and for all reasons, she will gain tremendous strength.

What values do I objectively see in the character Mitsuki?

The GOOD

Mitsuki is extreme kind, caring, trusting, asthetic pleasing [beauty and cuteness has value and I cannot dismiss it as being unimportant], is learning and willing to create value for others [School] and in general desires to be honest with others. [but lacks the disipline thought and control to be fully honest]

The BAD

Mitsuki has trouble (expressing her feelings) being honest with herself and others and sacrifices her own feelings out of fear [Higher Cause]...

Mitsuki lacks determination to pursue her desired goals merely wishing they might come true, and depends on others [External Authority] to move forward. [She desired Takayuki, yet did nothing about it until she jealously saw Haruku had him.]

Mitsuki is easily blinded and accepts irrational guilt [EA] for incidents outside of her logical control...

Mistuki willingly sacrifices her dreams, happiness and life irrationally [HC].

Mitsuki is blinded by her feelings [EA] and is unable too see Takayuki's behavior as it honestly is - cleverly disguised and subtlely dishonest. [She NEVER fully understands and it appears he returns to her not out of love but GUILT.]

Mitsuki does not grow and develop rational values that others might buy and instead works in the job that she never desires or gains happiness from.

SUMMARY

Mituski as character has great potential as a friend or lover.
If she resolutely decides to express her feelings to those she cares about most, she will gain tremendous strength.
If she resolutely decides to find her OWN rational self-interests and happiness, REFUSING to sacrifice them for any HIGHER CAUSE OR PURPOSE, she will gain tremendous strength.
If she resolutely decides to outright and forever deny irrational guilt, she will gain tremendous strength.
If she resolutely decides to see reality as it is and dismiss, remove dishonesty in all forms and for all reasons, she will gain tremendous strength.

FINAL THOUGHTS

There is no such thing as worthless individual or life; each individual is special, unique and possess a potential only limited by their own failure to understand reality. Failing to see that limits they place on themselves are the only limits they actually have.

I would gladly spend time and try to develop a strong friendship with either one of them.
I could not irrationally choose either one of them as my lover and expect them to sacrifice their lives for me; that wouldn't be fair to them or myself and dishonest.
I would instead hope to see values in a relationship with one of them that we both mutually desire. Then both of us honestly confess those values and understand our feelings for each other.

I desire an honest love that is constantly growing stronger with the exchanging of values:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien The Eternity You Desire, the eternity we all desire.

[The actual story dishonestly shows the opposite meaning of the title.]
bxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 14:50   Link #48
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12444

This is the already established thread for this topic, if you want more replies might I suggest checking there?
Old 2005-12-25, 17:02   Link #49
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Reposted from another thread.
Quote:
I find it funny that people actually didn't like the ending. Mitsuki is the girl that he definitely should have ended up with. If you think about the extent of the Takayuki/Haruka relationship before the accident, there's no way you can call it anything other than one sided. You can argue that Takayuki was trying a bit harder right before the accident, but it came off as more of an obligation rather than being his own feelings. If you hate Mitsuki for her character flaws, that's perfectly fine. But she took care of a depressed and self pitying Takayuki and gave him a reason to live again. If there's anyone to be mad it, it's Takayuki for treating Mitsuki like crap. When they first introduced the relationship, it seemed like it happened out of need. Mitsuki desperately wanted to tell him her feelings, and Takayuki was seeking any kind of care and understanding from anyone. The early sexual nature of their relationship is very indicative of this. But after that, they made sure to show their little aquarium date and when Mitsuki came to visit him in the restaurant while he was working. These two scenes show that their relationship has gone beyond that primal level and has become something more. But once Haruka came around, he became too obsessed with his misplaced guilt and hurt everyone because of it. Mitsuki did nothing wrong. If you think she betrayed Haruka and her prior relationship with Takayuki, you have to also think about the fact that there was nothing there in the first place.

Haruka even said it herself, the Takayuki she knew and loved doesn't exist any more. What more do you need than that?
Yeah, so basically I gotta go with Mitsuki if you're talking about who should have ended up with Takayuki. When it comes to romance genre animes, a lot of my opinions of the main characters depends a lot on their behavior and attitude when it comes down to the game of love.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 14:57   Link #50
rollwithit

Haruka, because shes just so kawaii and slow; I really like anime-girls who blush and are embarressed pretty fast. And she just looks kawaii with those ribbons in her hair.
rollwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 22:06   Link #51
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
I voted Haruka, she deserves better. And I like gentle kind girls unlike Mitsuki who acts to be nice and next second betrays her best friend..
PersocomChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 03:37   Link #52
SWPIGWANG

I..........uh............ to quote bakayuki in Akane Maniax, I feel for both of them thus I go insane argggggg. >_< The event was basically a nuclear bomb that screws everyone involved anyways, and I don't see many ways of getting out of it "clean". (okay, maybe if bakayuki don't mess himself up.......)

Well, I guess I like Haruka better, for mostly superifical reasons (me like kawai character design over hawt designs), and partially due to lesser amounts of painful memories assoicated with her.
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 22:46   Link #53
Schwub

I vote Haruka and I'm a male.

Ok, I just finished watching this series a few hours ago, and I don't think I have felt this much anger watching an anime.
Let's get on to my rant:
Since the first episode of this series I have hated Mitsuki, she is nothing but a backstabbing b****, god I HATE HER!!! Taking advantage of Takayuki like that! OMG, I WANNA KILL HER! How can she just take off all her clothes and seduce him like that...with Haruka in the hospital. Shinji should have not butted in and fought that random guy, and let them go into the Hotel!
Haruka is such a kind and loving person, she is so innocent and did nothing wrong in her part but suffer 3 years asleep. That is why I hate how this series ended, it is an outrage I tell you all, OUTRAGE!
Schwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 23:59   Link #54
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwub
I vote Haruka and I'm a male.

Ok, I just finished watching this series a few hours ago, and I don't think I have felt this much anger watching an anime.
Let's get on to my rant:
Since the first episode of this series I have hated Mitsuki, she is nothing but a backstabbing b****, god I HATE HER!!! Taking advantage of Takayuki like that! OMG, I WANNA KILL HER! How can she just take off all her clothes and seduce him like that...with Haruka in the hospital. Shinji should have not butted in and fought that random guy, and let them go into the Hotel!
Haruka is such a kind and loving person, she is so innocent and did nothing wrong in her part but suffer 3 years asleep. That is why I hate how this series ended, it is an outrage I tell you all, OUTRAGE!
I like that about Mitsuki. Fundamentally, she's just a normal human being, and with that comes all of the bad things about human nature. I feel like I can't identify with Haruka because she seems so perfect, innocent, undeserving, and faultless in this whole scenario and she's put on this pedastal that puts her in an enormously sympathetic light. There's no doubt that Haruka has suffered tremendously, both physically and mentally, but life just dealt her a 7 2 off suit. It sucks, it's not her fault, and I sympathize, but that's how life is.

Mitsuki however, is so perfectly understandable and easy to sympathize with. It's so easy for us as viewers to hold these characters to certain moral standards, but deep down we want to see their flaws come out and make something happen. If you were in Mitsuki's position, and you poured your body and soul into taking care of someone you really loved but they didn't do a damn thing to take care of you let alone appreciate it, you'd feel just as hurt and betrayed as she did. When a human gets pushed to his/her limit, they break down and do irrational things. That's just a simple reality, and I don't blame Mitsuki for it happening, because it happens to all of us.

I feel as if a lot of the Haruka supporters don't take enough notice of one of Haruka's key reasons for ending the relationship with Takayuki. To paraphrase, "The Takayuki I knew and loved was the one from three years ago, not the one right now." To me, this says something about Haruka. She has such tremendous character and will to accept the fact that shit happened to her, and it would be unfair to both herself and Takayuki to try to bring back their old relationship when Takayuki has changed and gone through so much already. This is probably the source of a lot of Haruka support. She's a character of such strength and integrity that it seems that she deserves to gain Takayuki's love, and that Mitsuki's lack of those qualities makes her undeserving. Unfortunately, this just wasn't enough. Haruka was unfortunately out of action for three years, while Mitsuki poured her love into Takayuki's wounds. I think Takayuki realizing how difficult and worthless his life was without Mitsuki taking care of him allowed him to come to a stark realization. Even if tasks like cleaning and cooking are seemingly meaningless, they are still hard and wear you down over time. I think Takayuki finally realized that Mitsuki was enduring all of that pain and suffering(along with the emotional stuff) only because she loved him. If Haruka didn't have that accident, I'm sure things would have turned out much differently, but that's just how the cookie crumbled.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 16:18   Link #55
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I am male and I voted for Mitsuki. I like her more than Haruka because I do not like the helpless type of personality Haruka has. I am aware she isn't helpless, so don't flame me... She just seemed too 'cutesy' and 'damsel in distress...' I liked both characters, though.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 18:12   Link #56
The Crappinometer
Haruhiist For Life

Send a message via Yahoo to The Crappinometer
haruka... i just don't feel that mitsuki deserves being loved by takiyuki...
The Crappinometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 12:56   Link #57
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Mitsuki, Haruka did nothing for Taka during those three years while Mitsuki pulled him out of the gutter.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 13:44   Link #58
Perishthethought

Neither, to be honest. I don't think one deserves him more over the other. Mitsuki certainly gave up a lot more, although the extenuating circumstances generated this rather than anything Haruka could have done in response.

It's a difficult one to call because we can't really make a decision over who loves him 'more'. In fact, can you ever make a decision over who loves who more? I think they both love him absolutely (at least at the point in the anime where the decision will affect their lives). Mitsuki was certainly willing to 'give up' more, although Haruka was also willing to physically exhaust herself in order to show Taka he didn't have to be around just to help her (wanting him to be with her out of love for her as a person rather than a charity case, as was the original intention of his visits).

Once you recognise that you can't make a decision based on how much affection they show for him, you begin to start making decisions based on arbitrary factors - like who was there first, or who confessed their feelings first. Put simply, you can't begin to do things like that because such things are decided by cruel twists of fate, serendipity, synchronicity and butterflies flapping their wings. You may as well make a decision based on who has the better hair colour.

I realise this sounds like reductio ad absurdum but oweing to the nature of being able to make a decision, you simply have to. Taka tied himself in knots just trying to contemplate the innumerable factors that led to his uneviable position. In the end, oweing to Taka's nature, he went with the one to whom would benefit the most from his 'love', his healing ways. To that end, he chose Mitsuki.
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 21:02   Link #59
really
Strawberry Ice Cream

I like both girls, Mitsuki seemed more real to me, she went through a hard time, she made alot of mistakes. And although Haruka didn't have it easy either her personality didnt't quiet get to me, she seemed to perfect. I cannot choose between them

My favorite was Akane =3
really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 02:22   Link #60
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought
Neither, to be honest. I don't think one deserves him more over the other. Mitsuki certainly gave up a lot more, although the extenuating circumstances generated this rather than anything Haruka could have done in response.

It's a difficult one to call because we can't really make a decision over who loves him 'more'. In fact, can you ever make a decision over who loves who more? I think they both love him absolutely (at least at the point in the anime where the decision will affect their lives). Mitsuki was certainly willing to 'give up' more, although Haruka was also willing to physically exhaust herself in order to show Taka he didn't have to be around just to help her (wanting him to be with her out of love for her as a person rather than a charity case, as was the original intention of his visits).

Once you recognise that you can't make a decision based on how much affection they show for him, you begin to start making decisions based on arbitrary factors - like who was there first, or who confessed their feelings first. Put simply, you can't begin to do things like that because such things are decided by cruel twists of fate, serendipity, synchronicity and butterflies flapping their wings. You may as well make a decision based on who has the better hair colour.

I realise this sounds like reductio ad absurdum but oweing to the nature of being able to make a decision, you simply have to. Taka tied himself in knots just trying to contemplate the innumerable factors that led to his uneviable position. In the end, oweing to Taka's nature, he went with the one to whom would benefit the most from his 'love', his healing ways. To that end, he chose Mitsuki.
don't you mean that he doesn't deserve either one of the female leads? Seriously though, what do they see in a guy like that, sure his very kind but so are many other people. But that said, I think him being with Mistuki is only natural, if nothing else to repay his debt, that and he in the end did declare that he loves Mistuki so it works out pretty good.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote