AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 00:24   Link #3121
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Profit is still profit I suppose. Hmm. What's the next step up from Star (the one with +300 LOH for amethyst)? Perfect Star? If someone here has the ability to make one, maybe I can commission one in the future? I haven't gotten a plan for it yet, so who knows when I can even make one on my own.
Old 2012-07-10, 00:30   Link #3122
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
i think alot of people do buy them. a simple star gem costs 500k in crafting fees alone. the market price seems to be 600k-700k each star gem and that's already considering the tomes, the smaller gems, the training fee, and the 15% blizztax. the profit is really low i think?
As I say, I am sitting on gems I am not willing to vendor. I also for obvious reasons have plenty of tomes. I mean it's not like I can use them for anything else. It's just the issue of expenses and how I want to make sure I get my gold back eventually.
Old 2012-07-10, 01:57   Link #3123
Wigwams

if you got the necessary stuffs:
1) lvl 10 jeweler
2) 27 flawless square gems that you wont use
3) 500k in cash

i think you will be able to profit a little from selling stars.

@Rei: its gonna be star --> flawless star --> perfect star --> radiant star
the plan for the perfect star amethyst dropped for me. but i dont have the flawless star one.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:17   Link #3124
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
if you got the necessary stuffs:
1) lvl 10 jeweler
2) 27 flawless square gems that you wont use
3) 500k in cash

i think you will be able to profit a little from selling stars.
Thanks for the tip. Just made one and put it up for auction. If it doesn't sell, I can at least still use it on my alt.
EDIT: Success! It sold relatively quickly. I will make a few more until I run out of gems or tomes.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-10 at 02:31.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:44   Link #3125
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Gem profit is subjective. It depends on how much value you place on the base components and the crafting materials. Taking the best case scenario and using the vendor price of the gems and crafting materials, a Star quality gem is worth about $625,523 gold, and needs to be sold at $735,910 to break even on the Auction House.

However, if you use the assumption that found gems and materials are free, then the value of the Star Gem, assuming you are crafting straight from Flawless Square gems, is about $500,000 gold due to crafting costs, and needs to be sold at $588,236 gold to break even on the Auction House.

The former is important for people who are pondering buying the materials off the Auction House and reselling higher-quality gems. The latter is more relevant to less hardcore merchants who just want quick simple profit.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2012-07-10 at 04:23.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 03:59   Link #3126
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Yeah. Buying materials from the AH for crafting is a losing deal because then I would get hit with the 15% tax twice.

I just regret selling a full stack of secret tomes a week a go when I was desperate for gold.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:14   Link #3127
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
However, if you use the assumption that found gems and materials are free, then the value of the Star Gem, assuming you are crafting straight from Flawless Square gems, is about $320,000 gold due to crafting costs, and needs to be sold at $376,471 gold to break even on the Auction House.
isnt it like this?
step 1: 27 flawless squares into 9 perfect squares @ 9 X 30k = 270k crafting cost
step 2: 9 perfect squares into 3 radiant squares @ 3 X 50k = 150k crafting cost
step 3: 3 radiant square into 1 star gem @ 1 X 80k = 80k crafting cost
total: 500k crafting cost?
Old 2012-07-10, 04:23   Link #3128
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
isnt it like this?
step 1: 27 flawless squares into 9 perfect squares @ 9 X 30k = 270k crafting cost
step 2: 9 perfect squares into 3 radiant squares @ 3 X 50k = 150k crafting cost
step 3: 3 radiant square into 1 star gem @ 1 X 80k = 80k crafting cost
total: 500k crafting cost?
Ah whoops, I made a mistake there. Thanks for the correction, amending my previous post now. No wonder I had that nagging feeling that the figure was too low.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:35   Link #3129
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Ah whoops, I made a mistake there. Thanks for the correction, amending my previous post now. No wonder I had that nagging feeling that the figure was too low.

Cheers.
Thanks for your maths. It would be helpful for me to refer back to it in the future when inflation/deflation happens.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:06   Link #3130
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
~_~ Closing in the end of act 2 NM hc@ level 39, and my wizard is taking quite a beating with 9.5k life. Guess it's time to hit the AH. I'm moving like really slowly since I almost died a few times, especially when it came to those stupid spawns in the castle. I'm just running around spamming blizz/hydra while my DH friend tanks for me. Yea, wtf?

Wait, maintenance for a patch that doesn't do much. Ah fuck you people.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:18   Link #3131
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'm just running around spamming blizz/hydra while my DH friend tanks for me. Yea, wtf?
My friend has built a tank DH, so I'm guess it's plausible, just like a tanking Wiz.
Guess the only one who's fail at tanking is Barb.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:19   Link #3132
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
~_~ Closing in the end of act 2 NM hc@ level 39, and my wizard is taking quite a beating with 9.5k life. Guess it's time to hit the AH. I'm moving like really slowly since I almost died a few times, especially when it came to those stupid spawns in the castle. I'm just running around spamming blizz/hydra while my DH friend tanks for me. Yea, wtf?

Wait, maintenance for a patch that doesn't do much. Ah fuck you people.
Act 2 is just unusually difficult. I got stuck in Act 2 Hell for a few days with my DH but then breeze through act 3 in a few hours straight after. The snake demons are just unbalanced with their invulnerability.

I am annoyed that they are fixing the "bug" with the greying out of the buttons. I actually use it to find out how much gold I need to farm for an item. Because the highest current bid is not the same as the bid I need to beat it.
Old 2012-07-10, 13:36   Link #3133
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Act 2 is just unusually difficult. I got stuck in Act 2 Hell for a few days with my DH but then breeze through act 3 in a few hours straight after. The snake demons are just unbalanced with their invulnerability.

I am annoyed that they are fixing the "bug" with the greying out of the buttons. I actually use it to find out how much gold I need to farm for an item. Because the highest current bid is not the same as the bid I need to beat it.
yeah Act 2 on inferno is just crazy. i have been playing for about 130 hrs. on my
DH now and i still havent beaten Beliah. i just give up for now. this game is not
worth making me have high blood pressure...lol. oh yeah, the journey to all the way
to Beliah was really FUN. so fun, i nearly fainted and drop to the floor crying!
Old 2012-07-10, 16:00   Link #3134
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

How hard is it to show differences if equipped in the AH? It already fucking shows what you have on. It's always great to have to do math in your head while someone can snatch the item away, and then realize your purchase wasn't nearly as good as it seems. Dick move, game.... Dick move. Spent like 100k on the HC AH, and crap that shit is much more expensive than it is in softcore. The results? ~960 dps from 780. 10500 life from 9500. 50 more armor. Armor looks more like an legitimate outfit as opposed to stripper outfit. 8% more blocking. MF is down to 8% but who the fuck cares-- at least i have some gold find. Slightly more fucks given, from none. :S

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-10, 16:14   Link #3135
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
How hard is it to show differences if equipped in the AH? It already fucking shows what you have on. It's always great to have to do math in your head while someone can snatch the item away, and then realize your purchase wasn't nearly as good as it seems. Dick move, game.... Dick move. Spent like 100k on the HC AH, and crap that shit is much more expensive than it is in softcore. The results? ~960 dps from 780. 10500 life from 9500. 50 more armor. Armor looks more like an legitimate outfit as opposed to stripper outfit. 8% more blocking. MF is down to 8% but who the fuck cares-- at least i have some gold find. Slightly more fucks given, from none. :S
i know right? why cant i compare the differences in stat or compare the equipments
on the AH before buying. it just doesnt makes any sense at all.

you can do it in-game, but not on the AH.

also: Jay Wilson - "Diablo 3 will comes out when it's ready"
trust him. he knows what he was talking about. he he...
Old 2012-07-10, 18:01   Link #3136
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So I was gonna buy a +exp helm with a socket (for a ruby so it gets +exp%) so my friend could level his hc character. Wait? I can't find the damned filter. And that just gave me a headache. >.>

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-10, 18:49   Link #3137
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Still Normal-level right now with my Daemonhunter, but I have to ask... Is it better to stick with hand crossbows, or will I have to look forward to using a quiver as I go through the higher difficulties?
Old 2012-07-10, 18:57   Link #3138
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

LOL@ RMAh commodities. Blizzard sure are geniuses demanding a 0.25 minimum price per unit. What the hell? Why not do the thing like require a minimum total price as with all other auctions. Then again that would be the sensible thing to do. I can imagine people spending money on gear, but gems, tomes, recipes? What?

Oh well, ripoff time. It's like pulling a slot machine since I can't take them seriously anymore.

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-10, 19:49   Link #3139
Wigwams

lol i just did the same thing after seeing your post. selling those junk stuffs for USD (minimum price). i dont think anyone is gonna buy... but why not...
Old 2012-07-10, 19:56   Link #3140
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually, the only thing I'm using the RMAH slots for are to free up some space on my stash. I seriously do NOT expect anyone to buy from me, even if I use half the "default" price per item.

On an unrelated note, not seeing any Witch Doctors past Nightmare. Is the class seriously gimped by Blizzard? Isn't it sad?

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler