AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 17:57   Link #1561
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
This is one of the extremely few cases where I wish the publisher would 'buy' the property from the author and go on with it since he's not invested in it anymore, or at least it seems like it.
I think Daisuke Satou is just being a stubborn idiot and doesn't want anyone else to touch HOTD's story. I think there may also have been of conflict of interest between him and the publisher or even possibly the artist. IMO the manga and the anime was popular because of the art style (and fan service) from Soji Satou since he was a reknown H-artist and not because of Daisuke Satou's writing. My hunch is he felt that he didn't get enough credit for its success and is sour-graping by not coming up with new chapters.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 08:41   Link #1562
fazri
blacksun king

so HOTD will hiatus with out info when will get started again and have possibility get droped??
Old 2012-09-04, 15:20   Link #1563
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I think Daisuke Satou is just being a stubborn idiot and doesn't want anyone else to touch HOTD's story. I think there may also have been of conflict of interest between him and the publisher or even possibly the artist. IMO the manga and the anime was popular because of the art style (and fan service) from Soji Satou since he was a reknown H-artist and not because of Daisuke Satou's writing. My hunch is he felt that he didn't get enough credit for its success and is sour-graping by not coming up with new chapters.

I think Daisuke Satou is just a habitual quitter

IIRC, this isn't the first project he left hanging
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:37   Link #1564
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wonder if there'll be a color edition vol. 2. cause i'd totally get it..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:23   Link #1565
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i wonder if there'll be a color edition vol. 2. cause i'd totally get it..
I thought vol 1-4 are available in color, vol. 5-7 are not.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:45   Link #1566
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Is this his only known work? Why is he giving up, when fans want more and I bet the products from this series, are selling.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:09   Link #1567
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just a guess i don't think he knows where to go with HSOTD.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:22   Link #1568
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just a guess i don't think he knows where to go with HSOTD.
It's a zombie story. Just have everyone die a gruesome and horrible death and be done with it.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:52   Link #1569
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The story isn't the best per se, and it would be rather crap if everyone died, because why let them survive in the first place? Just have them die in a one-shot. They're survivors for a reason.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 01:01   Link #1570
dfens

SATOU Shouji is the artist and author of Triage X and that's why chapters get released.

Daisuke Satou is famous for not finishing series as it's been said over and over, the last time HOTD was on hiatus for over 6 months, this time it's been nearly 1 and 1/2 years.

If he is smart he will get off his arse and get to work if he wants to cash in while the series is still hot. But that all depends on his contract and if he gets royalties from the series and if that is the case god help us all.

Their is no color american version volume 2 by yen press because even if they wanted to they don't even have the color editions for volumes 5-7 in Japan.

This is Japan we are talking about, series can go on hiatus for a number of reasons even for years usually when it's that long it's due to medical reasons which I doubt is the case for this series.

Just be patient once a new chapter comes out it will be all over the forums across the internet until then asking all the time will just be a waste of time.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 02:39   Link #1571
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

If you ask me, I think Satou (Daisuke) wrote himself ito a corner and has no idea where the story is going. That's why the story is on hiatus, cuz the mangaka is too lazy to actually sit down and work on it.

Either that, or bumbayker is right and he's just doing this to screw us over cuz he's bitter about Satou (Soji) having awesome artwork that often became the focus of the series over the story.

A story which I might add isn't all that special when you think about it. After all, none of their core group has died yet (being said if even one of them dies, they'd probably all die from despair). We just like the female characters 'cause they're hot. Well, at least *I* do.

That being said we as readers still want to see how it ends. I don't want this to turn into yet another one of those series that the author just gives up on and leaves us hanging.
Old 2012-09-05, 02:46   Link #1572
Mr.Inferno

I wish they would continue it, they left us hanging on a very good part of the story.

SATOU Shouji should just draw and write the story like he did for Fire, fire, fire.
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 02:52   Link #1573
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
I wish they would continue it, they left us hanging on a very good part of the story.

SATOU Shouji should just draw and write the story like he did for Fire, fire, fire.
Fire fire fire was his own work, he would have been hired to do the art for HOTD and has no rights to the series as a whole.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:35   Link #1574
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
If you ask me, I think Satou (Daisuke) wrote himself ito a corner and has no idea where the story is going.
I don't buy it. The end of vol.7 laid out a pretty clear direction for a final arc: find Komuro's parents then get to Rei's dad in time for the evacuation. It's not like this is Hamlet -- just come up with some zombie encounters and get it over with.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:53   Link #1575
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't buy it. The end of vol.7 laid out a pretty clear direction for a final arc: find Komuro's parents then get to Rei's dad in time for the evacuation. It's not like this is Hamlet -- just come up with some zombie encounters and get it over with.
A next arc yes, I don't think final arc. We don't know anything about the outbreak and no clear bad guy has emerged. A incomplete story if you ask me.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:14   Link #1576
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Someone should send the author, the series of the "walking dead", maybe he will get some idea of how zombie series work.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:52   Link #1577
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
A next arc yes, I don't think final arc. We don't know anything about the outbreak and no clear bad guy has emerged. A incomplete story if you ask me.
Zombie stories that try to explain why it's happening always suck. It's better to emulate the classic Romero formula and focus on a small group of survivors until they all die or reach a place of safety, with the big picture only being alluded to in passing.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:42   Link #1578
EroKing

Came across a couple of Saeko pics
Old 2012-09-05, 18:25   Link #1579
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Zombie stories that try to explain why it's happening always suck. It's better to emulate the classic Romero formula and focus on a small group of survivors until they all die or reach a place of safety, with the big picture only being alluded to in passing.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. The survival story gets old after a while. You can only put people through crappy circumstances for so long until it gets boring, which only way to get out of is to simply start killing off characters. If you kill off too many characters then people lose interest because they don't want to connect with a character that they have no hope of staying with long term. (Gantz anyone?) The classic formula works, but only for a limited time. If drawn out with repetitive patterns they simply fail on a epic scale because the survivors end up having the worst luck possible or act stupid which do not endear them to an audience.

If done properly the greater cause and effect can add a modicum of complexity to a world that has fallen to basic instinct. Lust, survival, fear in the face of greater/higher responsible is always interesting if you ask me.

Last edited by Sinta; 2012-09-06 at 01:05.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:58   Link #1580
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I really don't care about the zombies...

The zombies are a means to an end - in this case, the end of the known world and way of doing things. It's almost like someone hit a big 'reset' button on the world's population.

I'm far more interested in how things will progress after the inital 28 days. Will we get a 'Mad Max/Fist of the North Star' type world or something else? THAT is what's interesting to me about HoTD.

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies